Lebron James' Historical Responsibility

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Badlands
Sixth Man
And1: 1,861

Re: Lebron James' Historical Responsibility 

Post#61 » by Badlands » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:51 pm

Danny1616 wrote:I actually found it quite egotistical that Lebron made Kobe's tragic death about himself.

Inferring that he now has the weight to continue Kobe's legacy was some of the most narcissist stuff I've ever seen.

Just respect Kobe's legacy and don't mention yourself.

Kobe's last Instagram post was literally about LeBron carrying the game forward:
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,294

Post#62 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:56 pm

I’d love to see the story work out that way: Lebron winning his 4th title, bringing a championship to the rafters for the first time in 10 years — since Kobe — for Kobe.

Broad and capable as they may be, it’s not fair to place expectations or responsibilities on the shoulders of Lebron that way. If that becomes an expectation then you’ll have those fans tearing into him if they fall short/he doesn’t play well and etc.
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,952

Post#63 » by thebigbird » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:09 pm

Badlands wrote:
Danny1616 wrote:I actually found it quite egotistical that Lebron made Kobe's tragic death about himself.

Inferring that he now has the weight to continue Kobe's legacy was some of the most narcissist stuff I've ever seen.

Kobe's last Instagram post was literally about LeBron carrying the game forward:

His tweet also literally said it. Yet Lebron is the antichrist for saying it in his Instagram post.
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Here's the text of his terrible post that has people losing their minds:
I’m Not Ready but here I go. Man I sitting here trying to write something for this post but every time I try I begin crying again just thinking about you, niece Gigi and the friendship/bond/brotherhood we had! I literally just heard your voice Sunday morning before I left Philly to head back to LA. Didn’t think for one bit in a million years that would be the last conversation we’d have. WTF!! I’m heartbroken and devastated my brother. Man I love you big bro. My heart goes to Vanessa and the kids. I promise you I’ll continue your legacy man! You mean so much to us all here especially #LakerNation and it’s my responsibility to put this **** on my back and keep it going!! Please give me the strength from the heavens above and watch over me! I got US here! There’s so much more I want to say but just can’t right now because I can’t get through it! Until we meet again my brother!! #Mamba4Life #Gigi4Life

Wow, soooo terrible :noway:
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,498

Post#64 » by old skool » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:11 pm

I think that everyone deserves a break when dealing with a loss. Most of us didn't "know" Kobe, but still experienced some level of emotion. The loss of someone close to you stirs up all kinds of emotions and reactions that would not occur in normal circumstances.

A lot of comments in the media and posts on line have seemed off base to me, but not when I realize that so many are in shock. Stunned. Hurt. Tearing up. Bawling.

Who among us can really say that they know exactly the right thing to say? The right thing to express how they feel? How they want to console others? Gotta be tough for thousands . I can't blame anyone for an extreme or unmeasured reaction.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,832

Post#65 » by Beethoven » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:12 pm

I hope Lebron leads us to win it this year. Would be nice.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,618

Post#66 » by infinite11285 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:20 pm

SWYM wrote:So if Lakers win the title, do the "NBA is rigged" conspiracy theorists come out in full force?!

Yes.

And if LeBron fails in a championship endeavor this year, he’ll be (stupidly) castrated for it. The man can’t win. Hell, he was even blamed for Kobe’s death.
The4thHorseman
General Manager
And1: 4,510

Post#67 » by The4thHorseman » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:32 pm

baldur wrote:This season will be determined on Lebron James' shoulders.

Now that Los Angeles Lakers phenomenon Kobe is gone, It is Lebron's duty to bring the championship to the city of Los Angeles in order to honour Kobe Bryant's legacy.

Can Lebron James succeed this and write the history again?

Enso
Head Coach
And1: 23,611

Post#68 » by Enso » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:37 pm

If it happens then yes it’s Hollywood they’re going to make it into one hell of a story / spectacle but let’s be honest whoever wins this year it’s gonna be “for Kobe”
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,824

Post#69 » by KyRo23 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:40 pm

Do we really have to put more historical responsibility on this guy in THIS time? I feel like he's pretttttty much done enough for the game of basketball.
trueballer7
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,158

Post#70 » by trueballer7 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:25 am

Kobe most definetily did not want Lebron to win a championship, especially with the Lakers and Lebron could care less about winning a championship for Kobe, especially since he too knew Kobe liked watching him fail.
Furthermore none is going to put any responsibility on Lebron to win for Kobe and any blame directed towards Lebron for not winning, will have nothing to do with Kobe's unfortunate passing.
It all culminates to a 35 year old person, publicly expressing condolences in a manner that would be fitting to someone 20 years younger, in a crude and clumsy attempt to create the most tackiest narrative, that he and his media cabal could exploit in case Lakers win the championship.
Jaxon
Rookie
And1: 862

Post#71 » by Jaxon » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:35 am

trueballer7 wrote:Kobe most definetily did not want Lebron to win a championship, especially with the Lakers and Lebron could care less about winning a championship for Kobe, especially since he too knew Kobe liked watching him fail.
Furthermore none is going to put any responsibility on Lebron to win for Kobe and any blame directed towards Lebron for not winning, will have nothing to do with Kobe's unfortunate passing.
It all culminates to a 35 year old person, publicly expressing condolences in a manner that would be fitting to someone 20 years younger, in a crude and clumsy attempt to create the most tackiest narrative, that he and his media cabal could exploit in case Lakers win the championship.

You okay?
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,227

Post#72 » by Tracymcgoaty » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:52 am

Great.. I'd love to see Skip go on a 10 min rant about how Lebron failed Kobe if we dont win it all. This is unfair to Lebron. I know Lebron said he got this but lets be honest here what is he supposed to say? Everybody is looking for him to lead. Monster load to carry. Im behind this team and Lebron no matter what. We lay it all on the court and i'll never get disappointed.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,618

Post#73 » by infinite11285 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:59 am

Sgt Major wrote:Of all the posts I read after the tragic incident, LeBron's was the only one I didn't like. He stayed silent for almost two days and the best he could think of in all that time was to say that it's up to him to continue Kobe's legacy? Why does he always have to make things about himself? Just say something nice about the man, praise him, tell a story, recall of something beautiful.

So you want LeBron to grieve on your schedule and how you see fit?

You don’t see ANYTHING wrong with that?
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,227

Post#74 » by Tracymcgoaty » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:15 am

infinite11285 wrote:
Sgt Major wrote:Of all the posts I read after the tragic incident, LeBron's was the only one I didn't like. He stayed silent for almost two days and the best he could think of in all that time was to say that it's up to him to continue Kobe's legacy? Why does he always have to make things about himself? Just say something nice about the man, praise him, tell a story, recall of something beautiful.

I read it as Lebron carrying Kobe's legacy forward. I never thought of it as Lebron being a narcissist. Lakers need a leader right now and everybody in LA is looking at him make no mistake about that. He said exactly what needed to be said.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,775

Post#75 » by Ayt » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:21 am

thebigbird wrote:
Badlands wrote:

His tweet also literally said it. Yet Lebron is the antichrist for saying it in his Instagram post.
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I’m Not Ready but here I go. Man I sitting here trying to write something for this post but every time I try I begin crying again just thinking about you, niece Gigi and the friendship/bond/brotherhood we had! I literally just heard your voice Sunday morning before I left Philly to head back to LA. Didn’t think for one bit in a million years that would be the last conversation we’d have. WTF!! I’m heartbroken and devastated my brother. Man I love you big bro. My heart goes to Vanessa and the kids. I promise you I’ll continue your legacy man! You mean so much to us all here especially #LakerNation and it’s my responsibility to put this **** on my back and keep it going!! Please give me the strength from the heavens above and watch over me! I got US here! There’s so much more I want to say but just can’t right now because I can’t get through it! Until we meet again my brother!! #Mamba4Life #Gigi4Life

People skipping over these things to rip on LeBron are pathetic clowns. LeBron is doing exactly what Kobe was talking about in their last communications.
JimmerAllStar
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,743

Post#76 » by JimmerAllStar » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:27 am

thebigbird wrote:
Badlands wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Did you even read the Instagram post? Here, I highlighted the most important parts.

Lebron always has to step in and grab the spotlight and make it all about him.
Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 15,151

Post#77 » by Sgt Major » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:42 am

infinite11285 wrote:

Just read the entire thread, I already replied to a similar comment
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,970

Post#78 » by zimpy27 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:43 am

LakerLegend wrote:His Instagram post was so cringe, he basically made it all about himself.

That's ridiculous. It was about Kobe and LeBron's feelings of dealing with this tragedy, you just posted a clip where Shaq did the same thing. There's no normal way of dealing with grief, everyone has their own way of thinking about it and talking about it.

Just take the hater shades off for a few weeks, try to do it in respect to Kobe.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,775

Post#79 » by Ayt » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:45 am

JimmerAllStar wrote:
thebigbird wrote:
Badlands wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Did you even read the Instagram post? Here, I highlighted the most important parts.

Lebron always has to step in and grab the spotlight and make it all about him.

Did you skip over what Kobe said to LeBron just the day prior?
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#80 » by PistolPeteJR » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:46 am

If the Lakers win: “So what? He came to win, didn’t he? LEgM forced the front office to get AD right?”

If the Lakers lose: “HAHAHAHA lEcHOkE couldn’t win for Kobe!! And he had AD!!”

Guaranteed honestly lol.

Return to The General Board