Karl Anthony Towns Is Pissed

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Re: Karl Anthony Towns Is Pissed 

Post#61 » by rugbyrugger23 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:03 pm

GOATTatum wrote:Gordon Hayward, Tacko Fall, 2020 1st rd pick (own), 2020 1st rd pick (Bucks top 7 protected) to Timberwolves for KAT

That doesn’t get Celtics KAT’s cat.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,944

Post#62 » by DayofMourning » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:20 pm

Dion Waiters and James Johnson for KAT.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#63 » by John Murdoch » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:25 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Dion Waiters and James Johnson for KAT.

Throw in Haslem and its close
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#64 » by Tiny ball » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:26 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
GOATTatum wrote:Gordon Hayward, Tacko Fall, 2020 1st rd pick (own), 2020 1st rd pick (Bucks top 7 protected) to Timberwolves for KAT

That doesn’t get Celtics KAT’s cat.

No way would I trade Tacko for him.
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#65 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:28 pm

This kid isn't nearly as good, or as coveted of s trade asset as this board makes him out to be. Especially my fellow Celtics fans.
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,944

Post#66 » by DayofMourning » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:29 pm

John Murdoch wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Dion Waiters and James Johnson for KAT.

Throw in Haslem and its close

Ain't no way in hell Minny's getting Haslem.
JiriWelsch
Sophomore
And1: 169

Post#67 » by JiriWelsch » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:30 pm

agkagk wrote:
Shock Defeat wrote:Jimmy Butler is a prophet

ya my gut tells me butler got a bit of a bum rap the last year or so.

He challenged towns and wiggins to work harder and they basically cried abuse.

He went to philly and watched simmons and embiid literally wilt against the stifling raptors defense.

in between getting beat up by the raps, embiid did two things, dance for the crowd and then wil -- same thing is happening this season. Im hoping joel is saving himself for the post season; but he looks like he would rather not try than look bad.

Now Butler is in miami where the only rule is work hard and put the team first and suddenly hes all good again.

Doubt he was the issue.

ps: towns is not in good enough shape, period.

Couldn’t agree more.

I was way down on Butler the last couple of years. I think the team success of the Heat and the structure of their culture / program is demonstrating that he is very capable of committing to an organization and buying into the vision of a franchise and a proven front office.

I view that as an indictment of Minnesota as an organization more than anything else.
Enso
Head Coach
And1: 23,716

Post#68 » by Enso » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:33 pm

Minnesota’s front office is a disaster let’s be honest.
YourBuddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 657

Post#69 » by YourBuddy » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:47 pm

JiriWelsch wrote:
agkagk wrote:
Shock Defeat wrote:Jimmy Butler is a prophet

ya my gut tells me butler got a bit of a bum rap the last year or so.

He challenged towns and wiggins to work harder and they basically cried abuse.

He went to philly and watched simmons and embiid literally wilt against the stifling raptors defense.

in between getting beat up by the raps, embiid did two things, dance for the crowd and then wil -- same thing is happening this season. Im hoping joel is saving himself for the post season; but he looks like he would rather not try than look bad.

Now Butler is in miami where the only rule is work hard and put the team first and suddenly hes all good again.

Doubt he was the issue.

ps: towns is not in good enough shape, period.

Couldn’t agree more.

I was way down on Butler the last couple of years. I think the team success of the Heat and the structure of their culture / program is demonstrating that he is very capable of committing to an organization and buying into the vision of a franchise and a proven front office.

I view that as an indictment of Minnesota as an organization more than anything else.

I remember when everyone was hyped about Jimmy Butler's fit in the Sixers' organization early on in Philly.
tekkon
Senior
And1: 462

Post#70 » by tekkon » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:48 pm

Minny has to find a way to make this work. They can't keep going through great big men like this. It's sad.

Garnett, Love, Jefferson, KAT all went through that organization, why hasn't it worked? I'm not the brightest of basketball minds, so this just confuses me.
dacrusha
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#71 » by dacrusha » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:02 am

The problem in Minny isn’t KAT or the revolving door of big-men necessarily, it’s that they have always had among the worst secondary players to surround their big names.

KAT and Wiggins came out with a 17-point cushion with 90 seconds left last night and had to come back a minute later because their backups gave up a 10-2 run in the blink of an eye.

I mean how can a terrible PG like Shabazz Napier be running your point?
"If you can’t make a profit, you should sell your team" - Michael Jordan
slamilcarBarca
Senior
And1: 457

Post#72 » by slamilcarBarca » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:11 am

bwgood77 wrote:
slamilcarBarca wrote:who cares? KAT is the softest dude in the league. no respect for that clown. don't even like watching him play. punk.

This is not necesssary.

thanks for your necessary input.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,579

Post#73 » by MemphisX » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:27 am

KG worked. Unfortunately they were in the West with Duncan/Robinson and Kobe/Shaq.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,098

Post#74 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:22 am

DayofMourning wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
OrangeBlueSkies wrote:

I rather hold onto Barrett and 2/3 picks. I'd give up Knox Frank Randle DsJR and our upcoming pick. Thats about it.

So a bunch of scrubs for Towns? Nice offer. You couldn't get him for Robinson, Barrett and a first or two.

:lol:

What's palatable on the Knicks in return for Karl Towns? The correct answer is nothing. You don't give up a stud for a bunch of mess. The Knicks would be "willing" to possibly offer Knox, Frank, Randle, DSJ, and a pick for Towns? That sounds like the Knicks would be willing to offload a bunch of underachievers to me. Smh.

Lol same could of been said of Ball, Ingram. Yet, they get to NO and suddenly both flourishing. Not comparing Knox and Smith to Ball and Ingram, but that point is you gotta give kids a chance to grow and get better. D Smith in the first half tonight 4/2/2 in 8 minutes. Give them a chance. Can't forget a likely top 5 pick in the upcoming draft. That's usually the icing on it all. For what its worth, Towns holds all the leverage. We've seen this before.

Not saying the Wolves can't get more for him, just saying as a Knicks fan I think Randle, Knox, DsJr, Frank, and our upcoming pick is MORE than enough.

Let them find a center and they are set going forward.

DsJr/Frank
Wiggins/Okogie
Culiver/Knox
Randle/Bates-Diop

And then let them add another young piece with our pick and their pick in the draft.

PERSONALLY, I keep it. I keep the pick, I keep our young guys, and I stick to what the Knicks are looking to do now, and that is build organically.
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,098

Post#75 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:28 am

jason bourne wrote:
OrangeBlueSkies wrote:
drekwins wrote:
The Knicks will offer 2-3 picks and Barret or Mitch. I guarantee it. The Knicks have a TON to offer in a deal for a young star.

I rather hold onto Barrett and 2/3 picks. I'd give up Knox Frank Randle DsJR and our upcoming pick. Thats about it.

Um... the TWolves want to win. Not become the Knicks.

I doubt there is trade with the TWolves and Warriors as they want to keep KAT.

Well we'd be giving them a top pick in this years draft, and they hold their own pick I believe. If KAT doesn't want to be there, you rebuild. Look at the AD trade: young, potential packed players, a top draft choice.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,635

Post#76 » by Dez » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:58 am

OrangeBlueSkies wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
OrangeBlueSkies wrote:

Um... the TWolves want to win. Not become the Knicks.

I doubt there is trade with the TWolves and Warriors as they want to keep KAT.

Well we'd be giving them a top pick in this years draft, and they hold their own pick I believe. If KAT doesn't want to be there, you rebuild. Look at the AD trade: young, potential packed players, a top draft choice.

New Orleans got good players back though in the AD trade, that wouldn't be the case in a Wolves/Knicks trade.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,078

Post#77 » by Lockdown504090 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:58 am

YourBuddy wrote:
Lockdown504090 wrote:
PockyCandy wrote:For those who actually watched the game, how much blame does KAT get for the Wolves blowing that lead? As he a turnstile on defense and/or bricking shots? Or were his teammates awful beyond comprehension.

That game wasnt his fault. The only way i can blame towns and wiggins is that wiggins could have taken guarding Hield upon himself as napier is too short and the okogie was tired and was getting cooked. okogie was being lazy on D and then having napier on an nba court in crunch time is a joke. Towns took a pullup when he could have gone to the rim at the end of regulation.

TLDR: towns wasnt especially bad on D, just below average.
Coaching was awful, anyone with a brain would put a taller player on Buddy
Wiggins played well, but needs to be asked to do more on the court.
Okogie and Napier are absolute garbage and its on ownership and the front office to acquire hidden talent like the heat and raptors do every year.

The Kings were running pick and roll to force the switch onto Napier. How is that on Wiggins?

during the comeback he defended bogdanovic on almost every possession. im not saying he doesnt have the ability, I just wish either the coaches or wiggins himself would ask him to do more, sometimes he kinda looks like gifted child thats in the regular class thats bored and just stares at the window during class. Buddy would be a perfect matchup for him to use his size to take away the 3 ball.
daswunderboy
Analyst
And1: 2,141

Post#78 » by daswunderboy » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:25 am

dacrusha wrote:The problem in Minny isn’t KAT or the revolving door of big-men necessarily, it’s that they have always had among the worst secondary players to surround their big names.

KAT and Wiggins came out with a 17-point cushion with 90 seconds left last night and had to come back a minute later because their backups gave up a 10-2 run in the blink of an eye.

I mean how can a terrible PG like Shabazz Napier be running your point?

Totally agree. Napier sucks. Vonleh, Kelan Martin (who), Naz Reid (whooooo?), Jordan McLaughlin (seriously, who?) are key bench guys. That's barely even a G League bench. Covington, Wiggins, Towns, fine. Culver maybe will be someone. But the rest? Dear lord that's a bad team.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#79 » by will » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:12 am

Jimmy Buckets ain't never tell a lie.
Sulico
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,295

Post#80 » by Sulico » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:21 am

Hang in there man.
Just 5 more years of the contract you signed left.

Return to The General Board