Karl Anthony Towns Is Pissed

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

daswunderboy
Analyst
And1: 2,141

Re: Karl Anthony Towns Is Pissed 

Post#41 » by daswunderboy » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:43 pm

For everyone asking why he is pissed at this loss in particular:

Sacramento trailed by 17 with 2:49 left. According to ESPN Stats and Info, entering Monday, NBA teams were 0-8,378 since 1996-97 when trailing by 17 or more in the final 3 minutes of the fourth quarter or overtime.

With 1:39 to go, up 13 still, Wiggins, Towns and the rest leave the game for garbage time, lol. This team has lost like 10 in a row, and they are trotting out garbage time lineups :lol: . Hield went to the line down 3 with under 4 seconds to go, makes his first, then misses the second on purpose, gets his own rebound and scores to tie it. Towns was on during this, so was Wiggins. What a **** show.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,280

Post#42 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:54 pm

clyde21 wrote:DLo, top 3 pick, Eric Paschall, Jordan Poole, Bob Meyers, Coxy from the Warriors board for KAT

Ho man. Would love to see it. Defence would be a major issue, but that team would average 140 PPG.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#43 » by jason bourne » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:59 pm

Lol, the Kings came back and beat their lame arses. Good going, Kings!
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#44 » by jason bourne » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:01 pm

OrangeBlueSkies wrote:
drekwins wrote:
OrangeBlueSkies wrote:

Lmao.

Not with the Knicks dangling Randle, Knox, Frank, DSJR, and a top 3 pick. and Dolan.

The Knicks will offer 2-3 picks and Barret or Mitch. I guarantee it. The Knicks have a TON to offer in a deal for a young star.

I rather hold onto Barrett and 2/3 picks. I'd give up Knox Frank Randle DsJR and our upcoming pick. Thats about it.

Um... the TWolves want to win. Not become the Knicks.

I doubt there is trade with the TWolves and Warriors as they want to keep KAT.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
PlatinumState
Starter
And1: 2,654

Post#45 » by PlatinumState » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:07 pm

I read somewhere a few days ago the wolves havent won with Kat in the lineup since Thanksgiving
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,048

Post#46 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm

KAT playing center is just stupid at this point, he should be playing PF like AD, he's simply not a good enough interior defender to have him at the 5. It's amazing they haven't realized that yet.
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 20,715

Post#47 » by AussieCeltic » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:10 pm

KAT isn't going ANYWHERE unless a godfather offer comes in. He's a young walking double double every night locked in until 2024. Wolves don't have to do anything.

The smart move is trading Covington and going from there.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
EH15
General Manager
And1: 6,938

Post#48 » by EH15 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:14 pm

Pennebaker wrote:KAT piss

I have nothing else to add. carry on.

KAT Piston himself?
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,063

Post#49 » by Lockdown504090 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:22 pm

PockyCandy wrote:For those who actually watched the game, how much blame does KAT get for the Wolves blowing that lead? As he a turnstile on defense and/or bricking shots? Or were his teammates awful beyond comprehension.

That game wasnt his fault. The only way i can blame towns and wiggins is that wiggins could have taken guarding Hield upon himself as napier is too short and the okogie was tired and was getting cooked. okogie was being lazy on D and then having napier on an nba court in crunch time is a joke. Towns took a pullup when he could have gone to the rim at the end of regulation.

TLDR: towns wasnt especially bad on D, just below average.
Coaching was awful, anyone with a brain would put a taller player on Buddy
Wiggins played well, but needs to be asked to do more on the court.
Okogie and Napier are absolute garbage and its on ownership and the front office to acquire hidden talent like the heat and raptors do every year.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#50 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:22 pm

daswunderboy wrote:For everyone asking why he is pissed at this loss in particular:

Sacramento trailed by 17 with 2:49 left. According to ESPN Stats and Info, entering Monday, NBA teams were 0-8,378 since 1996-97 when trailing by 17 or more in the final 3 minutes of the fourth quarter or overtime.

With 1:39 to go, up 13 still, Wiggins, Towns and the rest leave the game for garbage time, lol. This team has lost like 10 in a row, and they are trotting out garbage time lineups :lol: . Hield went to the line down 3 with under 4 seconds to go, makes his first, then misses the second on purpose, gets his own rebound and scores to tie it. Towns was on during this, so was Wiggins. What a **** show.

That's actually pretty cool, you just don't expect teams to come back when the garbage time lineups come out at the end of the games.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
YourBuddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 657

Post#51 » by YourBuddy » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:27 pm

Lockdown504090 wrote:
PockyCandy wrote:For those who actually watched the game, how much blame does KAT get for the Wolves blowing that lead? As he a turnstile on defense and/or bricking shots? Or were his teammates awful beyond comprehension.

That game wasnt his fault. The only way i can blame towns and wiggins is that wiggins could have taken guarding Hield upon himself as napier is too short and the okogie was tired and was getting cooked. okogie was being lazy on D and then having napier on an nba court in crunch time is a joke. Towns took a pullup when he could have gone to the rim at the end of regulation.

TLDR: towns wasnt especially bad on D, just below average.
Coaching was awful, anyone with a brain would put a taller player on Buddy
Wiggins played well, but needs to be asked to do more on the court.
Okogie and Napier are absolute garbage and its on ownership and the front office to acquire hidden talent like the heat and raptors do every year.

The Kings were running pick and roll to force the switch onto Napier. How is that on Wiggins?
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#52 » by Joel Embust » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:29 pm

Why the **** did Dieng only play 7 minutes?

5/2/1 with 2 blocks and a three in seven minutes being a +9

Can't Towns and Dieng coexist?
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,169

Post#53 » by Mickey8 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:30 pm

This season was the great opportunity for him to lead his team to the post season, too many average teams in the West conference that are fighting for that 8th seed , I guess he doesn't make his teammates better players.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#54 » by jimmy keys » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:33 pm

Towns is probably the worst defensive big in the league. He hasn't even tried to improve in that area. That's on him.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,384

Post#55 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:33 pm

OrangeBlueSkies wrote:Sure, everybody is still dealing with the tragic death of Kobe Bryant, but KAT was pissed today following last nights loss.

Dane Moore: Well… KAT is in a bad mood

Jon Krawczynski: KAT just had his shortest media availability of the season. Frustration level is very high

Jon Krawczynski: KAT “We just gotta all be committed to this and go from there. Q: Do you think everyone is committed? A: “I do. I think everyone’s committed. We gotta be smart. Gotta be smarter all around.

Christopher Hine: Towns: “No one wants to be a part of history, but we put ourselves in the history books for the wrong reason.

A lot of players say things like this. Heck, Devin Booker said something like this after a tough loss and him and Oubre left and ignored the media.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#56 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:34 pm

slamilcarBarca wrote:who cares? KAT is the softest dude in the league. no respect for that clown. don't even like watching him play. punk.

This is not necesssary.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#57 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:38 pm

OrangeBlueSkies wrote:
drekwins wrote:
OrangeBlueSkies wrote:

Lmao.

Not with the Knicks dangling Randle, Knox, Frank, DSJR, and a top 3 pick. and Dolan.

The Knicks will offer 2-3 picks and Barret or Mitch. I guarantee it. The Knicks have a TON to offer in a deal for a young star.

I rather hold onto Barrett and 2/3 picks. I'd give up Knox Frank Randle DsJR and our upcoming pick. Thats about it.

So a bunch of scrubs for Towns? Nice offer. You couldn't get him for Robinson, Barrett and a first or two.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,646

Post#58 » by DayofMourning » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:51 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
OrangeBlueSkies wrote:
drekwins wrote:

So a bunch of scrubs for Towns? Nice offer. You couldn't get him for Robinson, Barrett and a first or two.

:lol:

What's palatable on the Knicks in return for Karl Towns? The correct answer is nothing. You don't give up a stud for a bunch of mess. The Knicks would be "willing" to possibly offer Knox, Frank, Randle, DSJ, and a pick for Towns? That sounds like the Knicks would be willing to offload a bunch of underachievers to me. Smh.
AssistRubio
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,269

Post#59 » by AssistRubio » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:53 pm

It's hard to blame KAT when he plays for the worst organization in all of sports.

That's why I have never been as hard on Wiggins either. People don't understand just how pathetic of a franchise this is.

They have won 2 playoff series in their entire existence. And that was in the same season.

This franchise is diseased.
GOATTatum
Junior
And1: 551

Post#60 » by GOATTatum » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:57 pm

Gordon Hayward, Tacko Fall, 2020 1st rd pick (own), 2020 1st rd pick (Bucks top 7 protected) to Timberwolves for KAT

Return to The General Board