Kobe Bryant to be inducted into Basketball Hall of Fame's 2020 class

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Hindenburg
Head Coach
And1: 13,854

Re: Kobe Bryant to be inducted into Basketball Hall of Fame's 2020 class 

Post#2 » by Hindenburg » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:58 pm

Kobe, KG, Duncan, Bosh. Could be a GOAT class. Was really looking forward to Kobe's speech. I wonder who will do it for him.
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,292

Post#3 » by Cavsfansince84 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:19 am

Hindenburg wrote:Kobe, KG, Duncan, Bosh. Could be a GOAT class. Was really looking forward to Kobe's speech. I wonder who will do it for him.

Most likely Vanessa Bryant.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,287

Post#4 » by TheHartBreakKid » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:27 am

Cavsfansince84 wrote:
Hindenburg wrote:Kobe, KG, Duncan, Bosh. Could be a GOAT class. Was really looking forward to Kobe's speech. I wonder who will do it for him.

Most likely Vanessa Bryant.

I would hope not. Vanessa doesn't deserve to be put in that spot (unless she really really wants to for some reason, and I don't see her really wanting to). Let some combination of Lebron, Pau, Magic, Shaq, MJ, Phil, West do it. Lord knows Kobe left an impact on so many greats that many people would have some interesting stories to tell. This really isn't a one person job. I don't think it's fair to any one individual to have to carry this burden (trust me....no one actually wants to be giving Kobe's acceptance speech for him).

I think some combination of 4 of the names I mentioned would work;

One mentor- Phil or West
one role model- Magic or MJ
one teammate- Shaq or Pau
and one superstar that came after him and looked up to him- Lebron.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,287

Post#5 » by TheHartBreakKid » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:29 am

This was supposed to be such a memorable happy night for the NBA. I hope it could still somehow turn into that, not just for Kobe, but for TD and KG (and bosh) who deserve to enjoy their special night
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,292

Post#6 » by Cavsfansince84 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:34 am

TheHartBreakKid wrote:

I would hope not. Vanessa doesn't deserve to be put in that spot (unless she really really wants to for some reason, and I don't see her really wanting to). Let some combination of Lebron, Pau, Magic, Shaq, MJ, Phil, West do it. Lord knows Kobe left an impact on so many greats that many people would have some interesting stories to tell. This really isn't a one person job. I don't think it's fair to any one individual to have to carry this burden (trust me....no one actually wants to be giving Kobe's acceptance speech for him).

I think some combination of 4 of the names I mentioned would work;

One mentor- Phil or West
one role model- Magic or MJ
one teammate- Shaq or Pau
and one superstar that came after him and looked up to him- Lebron.

Well I'm sure she will choose one or two people to induct him and then give her own speech to accept Kobe's induction on his behalf just as he would have.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#7 » by Marcus » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:34 am

A montage of remembrance. I can't see any one person wanting to stand up and speak on his behalf. Wayyyyy too much weight to carry.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
SWYM
Senior
And1: 828

Post#8 » by SWYM » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:38 am

Congrats Kobe!

Sad that you'll miss it, RIP

Return to The General Board