Sixers Fans: Goosfraba (it's gonna be ok)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Dnt hate
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Re: Sixers Fans: Goosfraba (it's gonna be ok) 

Post#81 » by Dnt hate » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:44 pm

The is east is definitely afraid of the Sixers, you guys acting fake trying to hide the fear, there isn't a single team in the nba that wants to play against the sixers in the playoffs that's for damn sure
binjumper
Starter
And1: 3,684

Post#82 » by binjumper » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:34 pm

stormi wrote:
binjumper wrote:
stormi wrote:

best player in the world

+/- doesn't tell you the whole story. His air plane wings dance got shut down

His defensive impact was so overwhelming that even with a subpar offensive showing (due to the virus he was battling in his tummy tbh) he was still the most dominating presence on the court, by far, from either team. The game 7 stat is so crazy to me, +10!!!!!!! in 45 minutes against the soon-to-be champs in an elimination game. Nobody did that to the Raptors last year except for Jojo

Was it though? Cause adv stats are painting his defensive impact differently.

4 out of 7 games he posted a subpar Drtg. Further analysis suggested if his offensive wasn't working neither was his defense. Jimmy butler was the reason sixers were in that series. Right above you see the Brooklyn series that's dominate Embiid. Not what was shown Raptors series. I am not hating the dude. He is a massive talent. Gasol just happened to show him the error of his ways. Look at his +/- when Gasol was sitting to on the floor.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,649

Post#83 » by stormi » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:36 pm

binjumper wrote:
stormi wrote:
binjumper wrote:

+/- doesn't tell you the whole story. His air plane wings dance got shut down

His defensive impact was so overwhelming that even with a subpar offensive showing (due to the virus he was battling in his tummy tbh) he was still the most dominating presence on the court, by far, from either team. The game 7 stat is so crazy to me, +10!!!!!!! in 45 minutes against the soon-to-be champs in an elimination game. Nobody did that to the Raptors last year except for Jojo

Was it though? Cause adv stats are painting his defensive impact differently.

4 out of 7 games he posted a subpar Drtg. Further analysis suggested if his offensive wasn't working neither was his defense. Jimmy butler was the reason sixers were in that series. Right above you see the Brooklyn series that's dominate Embiid. Not what was shown Raptors series. I am not hating the dude. He is a massive talent. Gasol just happened to show him the error of his ways. Look at his +/- when Gasol was sitting to on the floor.

Sample size isn't enough for the adv stats to paint a real clear picture. +/- simply shows he was dominant and literally won his minutes every time he stepped on the court asides from game 5.
Packbuckman
Sixth Man
And1: 787

Post#84 » by Packbuckman » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:45 pm

Dnt hate wrote:The is east is definitely afraid of the Sixers, you guys acting fake trying to hide the fear, there isn't a single team in the nba that wants to play against the sixers in the playoffs that's for damn sure

Lol stop it dude your acting like they have Jordan on their team. I sure ain’t afraid of them or no team. The good teams think they can beat anybody period. And the real competitors want to play the best not hoping they get knocked off before. Just enjoy the playoffs they will be good.
GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,784

Post#85 » by GiannisAnte34 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:49 pm

Dnt hate wrote:The is east is definitely afraid of the Sixers, you guys acting fake trying to hide the fear, there isn't a single team in the nba that wants to play against the sixers in the playoffs that's for damn sure

I really hope the Bucks match up with the 76ers so the talking heads have to choke on it and report an L for their beloved big market team. You can't tell me the 76ers are a lock if they have to win without home court against even Boston, Miami, or Toronto. I'd say in those cases they are the underdog, tho not by much maybe 40/60 with the degree of difficulty significantly going up against Milwaukee.
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Post#86 » by Ill News » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:20 am

Clay Davis wrote:
Ill News wrote:Sixers will definitely be a handful in the playoffs. Assuming none of the top East teams completely collapse, they'll probably face the Heat in round 1. That would be an amazing series.

I sure as hell hope the Celtics avoid them in the 1st round. The Sixers' size will kill them unless Tatum, Hayward, and Brown somehow go supernova in that series, since Kemba will struggle against them.
Why will Kemba struggle?

Sent from my SM-A520W using RealGM mobile app

Sixers have big guards and mobile wings to throw at him. He'll still score against them, but in their 4 meetings this season he's had his shot blocked by the Sixers quite a lot.
Dnt hate
Sixth Man

Post#87 » by Dnt hate » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:33 am

GiannisAnte34 wrote:

I really hope the Bucks match up with the 76ers so the talking heads have to choke on it and report an L for their beloved big market team. You can't tell me the 76ers are a lock if they have to win without home court against even Boston, Miami, or Toronto. I'd say in those cases they are the underdog, tho not by much maybe 40/60 with the degree of difficulty significantly going up against Milwaukee.

And if the bucks dont make the finals what are you going to say?
Dnt hate
Sixth Man

Post#88 » by Dnt hate » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:34 am

Packbuckman wrote:

Lol stop it dude your acting like they have Jordan on their team. I sure ain’t afraid of them or no team. The good teams think they can beat anybody period. And the real competitors want to play the best not hoping they get knocked off before. Just enjoy the playoffs they will be good.

The playoffs will be good, and btw if the sixers lose I want the bucks to win the title I love greek freak
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,463

Post#89 » by KGtabake » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:44 am

Yes i'm shaking in my boots because the Sixers beat us 3 times in the RS.
I'm terrified.
That's the kind of reactions/posts/threads that made me dislike the Sixers from the beginning of the season.
You haven't even made a conference final all those years of your process. Raps, Bucks, Celtics have. Even the Hawks.
You are certainly terrifying on twitter.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
Packbuckman
Sixth Man
And1: 787

Post#90 » by Packbuckman » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:40 am

Dnt hate wrote:
Packbuckman wrote:

The playoffs will be good, and btw if the sixers lose I want the bucks to win the title I love greek freak

Thx yes he’s my favorite player every since he got here as an 18 year old I saw something special in him. I have watched the bucks since Kareem but I was too little to really enjoy it. The 80’s bucks teams were great but we never could get past both of the Celtics and 76ers back then. This is the first time since Kareem we have the best player and out best chance to get there. That’s why I am just going to enjoy the ride where ever it takes us.
Dnt hate
Sixth Man

Post#91 » by Dnt hate » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:36 pm

KGtabake wrote:

Yes i'm shaking in my boots because the Sixers beat us 3 times in the RS.
I'm terrified.
That's the kind of reactions/posts/threads that made me dislike the Sixers from the beginning of the season.
You haven't even made a conference final all those years of your process. Raps, Bucks, Celtics have. Even the Hawks.
You are certainly terrifying on twitter.

Ok buddy
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#92 » by Dupp » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:46 pm

Only team in the east that can beat the bucks.
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,289

Post#93 » by CoP » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:55 pm

What's your argument for Richardson being more impactful than Harris or Horford? Harris has higher RPM, RAPM and on/off, while Horford has higher RAPM.

My take on Richardson is that he brings them another ballhandler and one that can thrive in the PnR, where Simmons can sometimes struggle. And that is arguably as important or more important than a wing like Harris. But I think you're discounting the effect of Harris, because he is perhaps the most transferable starter in that his game fits with all four whereas Horford doesn't fit with Embiid, Richardson perhaps doesn't fit well with Simmons, etc. I'd say Harris is more impactful to that team right now.

Horford I agree just because he's aging and really doesn't fit well with Embiid. But he does fit well with Simmons in transition, whereas Embiid does not.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#94 » by GeorgeMarcus » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:34 pm

CoP wrote:What's your argument for Richardson being more impactful than Harris or Horford? Harris has higher RPM, RAPM and on/off, while Horford has higher RAPM.

My take on Richardson is that he brings them another ballhandler and one that can thrive in the PnR, where Simmons can sometimes struggle. And that is arguably as important or more important than a wing like Harris. But I think you're discounting the effect of Harris, because he is perhaps the most transferable starter in that his game fits with all four whereas Horford doesn't fit with Embiid, Richardson perhaps doesn't fit well with Simmons, etc. I'd say Harris is more impactful to that team right now.

Horford I agree just because he's aging and really doesn't fit well with Embiid. But he does fit well with Simmons in transition, whereas Embiid does not.

J Rich has been struggling with his hamstring all year and has gone through multiple periods of having to 'find his groove' all over again. When he's in rhythm, I consider his skillset more valuable to the team. In particular, secondary ball handling and defensive ability against quicker perimeter players. I'm confident about him being more important than Horford, but less so compared to Tobias. Richardson and Tobi are basically tied at 3/4 for me.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,859

Post#95 » by bebopdeluxe » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:25 am

LipSkinMatter wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:3) Richardson is our 3rd most impactful player (yes, above Tobias and Horford in my opinion). His absence was understated during the recent 4-game slide.

WTF

I agree with the OP. JRich plays with DOG.

When Richardson plays well, the Sixers can be the best team in the league. If you check the Sixers record without Richardson, I bet it is worse than the record without Embiid.
bebopdeluxe
RealGM

Post#96 » by bebopdeluxe » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:30 am

Sixers only need to win one road game a series to have a parade in June.

Both Embiid and Horford played 28 minutes in the win against the Clips. More room for Simmons to operate when Horford is not out there with him, and Al's impact when Embiid is on the bench is a MASSIVE upgrade from the likes of Greg Monroe. And Horford was out there with the rest of the starters in the 4th quarter when they pretty much put the game away.

I just wish Thybulle was a more consistent threat from 3. Then they would be set.
bebopdeluxe
RealGM

Post#97 » by bebopdeluxe » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:33 am

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
surely the 76ers are not equal to the Heat, the Pacers, or the Nets right now?

there are levels to this, and unfortunately the 76ers are on level 5

See, you lost any credibility you might have had with that post. If you seriously think that the Sixers aren’t at the very least at the level of those teams you mentioned, I seriously don’t know what to tell you.

you are what your record says you are, the 76ers are in 5th right now. if they have to win all three rounds without home court, what we know about the 76ers road record tells us that it would be a highly improbable feat for them to accomplish

I don't know. If they win every game at home and win one on the road that is a lot of 6-game series wins.

The Sixers and Bucks have the #1 and #2 home records for a reason. They have held home court against each other. If they meet it will be a helluva series.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#98 » by eyeatoma » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:53 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:Haven't been able to post much lately... I last dropped in before the Grizzlies game to say the Sixers' 4-game losing streak would mark the low point of our season. 3 games later and I'm feeling slightly more confident in my prediction. Here are some reasons as to why I believe the Sixers are 'just fine', relatively speaking.

1) Our remaining SOS is the 2nd easiest in the league (average win% of .455). This should help build momentum heading into the playoffs. It also means our current record should be viewed in context; 51-win pace is closer to 53/54-win pace if weighted for schedule distribution.
2) Horford is finally playing the role of 6th man! I've been asking for this all season, and expect the adjustment to pay dividends. Apparently Brett Brown wanted this from the start, but mgmt wasn't keen on the idea after signing Al for $109 mil. Better late than never.
3) Richardson is our 3rd most impactful player (yes, above Tobias and Horford in my opinion). His absence was understated during the recent 4-game slide.
4) Burks/GR3 compliment the team better than Neto/Ennis did. Even ignoring fit, they're likely better players overall.
5) We knew there would be a learning curve for the "big 5" to build chemistry. They've only played 20 games together, so the chemistry factor should trend upward (health willing).
6) We've now beaten the Bucks, Lakers, Raptors, Nuggets, Celtics (x3), Clippers, Jazz, Heat and Pacers. A win against the Rockets in Philly on 3/31 would solidify Ws against every contender in the league. I think that holds weight in playoff discussion.
7) The optics of 5th place have magnified our perceived struggles. Our current win% would be good for 3rd place last season. More credit should be given to the Bucks/Raptors/Celtics/Heat rather than detracted from the Sixers.

My point isn't to convince anybody the Sixers are Championship-bound, but I do think it's foolish to count them out. "Of course you think that. You're a Sixers fan." Well sure, you got me, but I never flexed after our win streak to start the season. I never flexed after a comfortable Christmas win over the Bucks or a comfortable Embiid-less win over the Lakers. I just know the season is long, and that peaks/valleys are to be expected. At the end of the day no amount of RS success would satisfy my longing for this team... Only the playoffs can do that.

TLDR: "The Sixers don't stink. In fact, you stink."

Yours Truly,
GeorgeMarcus
Where did you hear the Brown wanted Horford in the bench from the start? Link?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Bandwagon2019
Sophomore
And1: 140

Post#99 » by Bandwagon2019 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:18 pm

I agree it would be foolish to count them out. Problem for them right now is they are 25-2 at home and 9-19 in the road. Maybe there is nothing to that and they’ll figure it out, but they’re currently the 5 seed and as of today would presumably not have home court in any series they play. That doesn’t bode well for them given their home vs away performance so far this year
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,963

Post#100 » by jfs1000d » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:30 pm

We have seen talented teams turn it in and turn it off.

Philly has some chemistry issues and no go to scorer. Embiid is. A generational big man, but he doesn’t play hard every game.

The home-road splits is easy to decipher when you don’t try and look only at numbers:

The team, from observation, isn’t mentally tough and doesn’t concentrate.

It simply is a chemistry and mental issue. They aren’t tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to The General Board