Sixers Fans: Goosfraba (it's gonna be ok)

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Sixers Fans: Goosfraba (it's gonna be ok) 

Post#101 » by LloydFree » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:33 pm

Bandwagon2019 wrote:I agree it would be foolish to count them out. Problem for them right now is they are 25-2 at home and 9-19 in the road. Maybe there is nothing to that and they’ll figure it out, but they’re currently the 5 seed and as of today would presumably not have home court in any series they play. That doesn’t bode well for them given their home vs away performance so far this year

If you finish as the #4 seed, you only need to win 2 road games to reach the Finals.

Health, matchups and momentum is more important than seeding and regular season home road splits.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,973

Post#102 » by jfs1000d » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:39 pm

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
KGtabake wrote:What's the matter? Aren't they the celtics nightmare? The bucks stopper? The most talented team in the conference and the clear favorite? Should we insert a rule that they should play all games in philly so that the above statements will become real? 8-)
Where are those threads with the playoffs predictions about one month ago? And the great posts with the analysis of why their opponents should fear them because they "matchup great" against them?
I guess they started playing their opponents away from home ever since.
How did that turn out?
*checks the rankings*
Not so good i guess 8-)

We're 3-1 against the Celtics and 1-1 against the Bucks, so I'm not really seeing your point guy. Idk what threads you're referring to but they sound just as irrelevant as the 'Philly stinks' threads. We aren't a 'clear favorite' but no one will want to play us when the time comes. Both statements are true.

Context matters on Celtics. First game of year at
Home?

Then the next two Celtics-76ers games had Boston on the second game of a back-to-back.

You hanging your hat on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#103 » by GeorgeMarcus » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:47 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:Haven't been able to post much lately... I last dropped in before the Grizzlies game to say the Sixers' 4-game losing streak would mark the low point of our season. 3 games later and I'm feeling slightly more confident in my prediction. Here are some reasons as to why I believe the Sixers are 'just fine', relatively speaking.

1) Our remaining SOS is the 2nd easiest in the league (average win% of .455). This should help build momentum heading into the playoffs. It also means our current record should be viewed in context; 51-win pace is closer to 53/54-win pace if weighted for schedule distribution.
2) Horford is finally playing the role of 6th man! I've been asking for this all season, and expect the adjustment to pay dividends. Apparently Brett Brown wanted this from the start, but mgmt wasn't keen on the idea after signing Al for $109 mil. Better late than never.
3) Richardson is our 3rd most impactful player (yes, above Tobias and Horford in my opinion). His absence was understated during the recent 4-game slide.
4) Burks/GR3 compliment the team better than Neto/Ennis did. Even ignoring fit, they're likely better players overall.
5) We knew there would be a learning curve for the "big 5" to build chemistry. They've only played 20 games together, so the chemistry factor should trend upward (health willing).
6) We've now beaten the Bucks, Lakers, Raptors, Nuggets, Celtics (x3), Clippers, Jazz, Heat and Pacers. A win against the Rockets in Philly on 3/31 would solidify Ws against every contender in the league. I think that holds weight in playoff discussion.
7) The optics of 5th place have magnified our perceived struggles. Our current win% would be good for 3rd place last season. More credit should be given to the Bucks/Raptors/Celtics/Heat rather than detracted from the Sixers.

My point isn't to convince anybody the Sixers are Championship-bound, but I do think it's foolish to count them out. "Of course you think that. You're a Sixers fan." Well sure, you got me, but I never flexed after our win streak to start the season. I never flexed after a comfortable Christmas win over the Bucks or a comfortable Embiid-less win over the Lakers. I just know the season is long, and that peaks/valleys are to be expected. At the end of the day no amount of RS success would satisfy my longing for this team... Only the playoffs can do that.

TLDR: "The Sixers don't stink. In fact, you stink."

Yours Truly,
GeorgeMarcus
Where did you hear the Brown wanted Horford in the bench from the start? Link?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

My dad told me he heard it on WIP, so all I have is hearsay unfortunately. If true I would judge BB a little less harshly for our performance this season. I hate the idea that mgmt would get involved in the decision, but it makes sense they wouldn't like the optics of their big FA signing coming off the bench.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,021

Post#104 » by eyeatoma » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:47 pm

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:Haven't been able to post much lately... I last dropped in before the Grizzlies game to say the Sixers' 4-game losing streak would mark the low point of our season. 3 games later and I'm feeling slightly more confident in my prediction. Here are some reasons as to why I believe the Sixers are 'just fine', relatively speaking.

1) Our remaining SOS is the 2nd easiest in the league (average win% of .455). This should help build momentum heading into the playoffs. It also means our current record should be viewed in context; 51-win pace is closer to 53/54-win pace if weighted for schedule distribution.
2) Horford is finally playing the role of 6th man! I've been asking for this all season, and expect the adjustment to pay dividends. Apparently Brett Brown wanted this from the start, but mgmt wasn't keen on the idea after signing Al for $109 mil. Better late than never.
3) Richardson is our 3rd most impactful player (yes, above Tobias and Horford in my opinion). His absence was understated during the recent 4-game slide.
4) Burks/GR3 compliment the team better than Neto/Ennis did. Even ignoring fit, they're likely better players overall.
5) We knew there would be a learning curve for the "big 5" to build chemistry. They've only played 20 games together, so the chemistry factor should trend upward (health willing).
6) We've now beaten the Bucks, Lakers, Raptors, Nuggets, Celtics (x3), Clippers, Jazz, Heat and Pacers. A win against the Rockets in Philly on 3/31 would solidify Ws against every contender in the league. I think that holds weight in playoff discussion.
7) The optics of 5th place have magnified our perceived struggles. Our current win% would be good for 3rd place last season. More credit should be given to the Bucks/Raptors/Celtics/Heat rather than detracted from the Sixers.

My point isn't to convince anybody the Sixers are Championship-bound, but I do think it's foolish to count them out. "Of course you think that. You're a Sixers fan." Well sure, you got me, but I never flexed after our win streak to start the season. I never flexed after a comfortable Christmas win over the Bucks or a comfortable Embiid-less win over the Lakers. I just know the season is long, and that peaks/valleys are to be expected. At the end of the day no amount of RS success would satisfy my longing for this team... Only the playoffs can do that.

TLDR: "The Sixers don't stink. In fact, you stink."

Yours Truly,
GeorgeMarcus
Where did you hear the Brown wanted Horford in the bench from the start? Link?

My dad told me he heard it on WIP, so all I have is hearsay unfortunately. If true I would judge BB a little less harshly for our performance this season. I hate the idea that mgmt would get involved in the decision, but it makes sense they wouldn't like the optics of their big FA signing coming off the bench.
True

GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#105 » by GeorgeMarcus » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:51 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
KGtabake wrote:What's the matter? Aren't they the celtics nightmare? The bucks stopper? The most talented team in the conference and the clear favorite? Should we insert a rule that they should play all games in philly so that the above statements will become real? 8-)
Where are those threads with the playoffs predictions about one month ago? And the great posts with the analysis of why their opponents should fear them because they "matchup great" against them?
I guess they started playing their opponents away from home ever since.
How did that turn out?
*checks the rankings*
Not so good i guess 8-)

We're 3-1 against the Celtics and 1-1 against the Bucks, so I'm not really seeing your point guy. Idk what threads you're referring to but they sound just as irrelevant as the 'Philly stinks' threads. We aren't a 'clear favorite' but no one will want to play us when the time comes. Both statements are true.

Context matters on Celtics. First game of year at
Home?

Then the next two Celtics-76ers games had Boston on the second game of a back-to-back.

You hanging your hat on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How you gonna bring up context and ignore the fact that Embiid, Horford and Richardson all missed games? Overall we were at more of a disadvantage than you guys, though not significant enough to bring it up.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph

Return to The General Board