Sixers Fans: Goosfraba (it's gonna be ok)

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Re: Sixers Fans: Goosfraba (it's gonna be ok) 

Post#61 » by GeorgeMarcus » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:19 pm

LipSkinMatter wrote:
foreigngrammar wrote:
LipSkinMatter wrote:
:crazy:

Anything else to offer? :lol:

I don't want to argue with a cool poster so nah, just a ridiculous theory on his part. Speaks for itself.

Am I the cool poster? Don't let the mod status fool you, I'm not that cool. Average at best.

Richardson is more valuable as a defender and a ball handler. Tobi is a better volume scorer and rebounder. They're about the same in terms of off-ball spacing/efficacy. I think you think it's ridiculous because Tobi's strengths show up in the box score. The Horford part I don't understand at all... He's not playing full time C in Boston anymore. There's a reason he's coming off the bench now.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#62 » by GeorgeMarcus » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:20 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
stormi wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Yea averaging 22.5 points on 44.5% shooting, 13.5 rebounds and 6 assists per game with elite defense is unplayable

He literally got yanked in game 5 with a minute left because his hard screen setting and elbowing people in the chest wasn't getting it done and he watched Middleton brick the game away from the sidelines :lol:

but the 76ers are better because they went to 7 games in the semi finals AMIRITE?

its just funny how 76er fans and analysts alike were all parroting 1st seed but now that you're trash in the regular season we're in a full back pedal into the "playoff proven" fallacy. its a joke considering your team has never accomplished a thing in the playoffs and have actually regressed year over year LMAO

Don't worry I predicted the Bucks would land the 1 seed before losing to the Sixers in the playoffs. That was true in both my preseason and midseason predictions.

stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#63 » by stormi » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:23 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
stormi wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Yea averaging 22.5 points on 44.5% shooting, 13.5 rebounds and 6 assists per game with elite defense is unplayable

He literally got yanked in game 5 with a minute left because his hard screen setting and elbowing people in the chest wasn't getting it done and he watched Middleton brick the game away from the sidelines :lol:

but the 76ers are better because they went to 7 games in the semi finals AMIRITE?

its just funny how 76er fans and analysts alike were all parroting 1st seed but now that you're trash in the regular season we're in a full back pedal into the "playoff proven" fallacy. its a joke considering your team has never accomplished a thing in the playoffs and have actually regressed year over year LMAO

i never brought up the 76ers, i just thought it was funny to see you parading about your 1 seed like it was some claim to infallible status like we didn't have... um even just last year as contrary evidence
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,480

Post#64 » by old skool » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:28 pm

I don't understand the debate here.

I agree with the OP that the Sixers are going to be "OK". They have talent. They can win at an elite level - at home. They are pedestrian on the road. They have issues to resolve. That does not mean they are perfect or great. Nor does it mean they are trash. They can compete. They will make the playoffs, and have a decent chance at the 4 seed and first round home court. They could surprise in the playoffs. They could disappoint.

Teams evolve, improve and regress every year. The Sixers have a chance to do any of the above. Bashing them does not elevate any other team.
binjumper
Starter
And1: 3,695

Post#65 » by binjumper » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:32 pm

stormi wrote:
binjumper wrote:Image

best player in the world

+/- doesn't tell you the whole story. His air plane wings dance got shut down
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#66 » by GeorgeMarcus » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:39 pm

binjumper wrote:
stormi wrote:

best player in the world

The +/- does a way better job at telling the whole story than raw scoring numbers. Especially when said player (a) is better defensively than offensively and (b) was the focal point behind Nurse's defensive scheme. He drew double/triple teams every time and that's why other Sixers were getting good looks while Embiid was on the court. +90 on the court vs -109 off the court is almost unfathomable, and as stormi pointed out no other Sixers player was remotely close.

stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#67 » by stormi » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:39 pm

binjumper wrote:
stormi wrote:

best player in the world

His defensive impact was so overwhelming that even with a subpar offensive showing (due to the virus he was battling in his tummy tbh) he was still the most dominating presence on the court, by far, from either team. The game 7 stat is so crazy to me, +10!!!!!!! in 45 minutes against the soon-to-be champs in an elimination game. Nobody did that to the Raptors last year except for Jojo
GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,824

Post#68 » by GiannisAnte34 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:46 pm

stormi wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
stormi wrote:

i never brought up the 76ers, i just thought it was funny to see you parading about your 1 seed like it was some claim to infallible status like we didn't have... um even just last year as contrary evidence

its like driving a busted down rusty 86 Buick LeSabre and looking at the guy in the 3 series 20 BMW and acting like he made a f***** up decision
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#69 » by GiannisAnte34 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:47 pm

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
stormi wrote:

Don't worry I predicted the Bucks would land the 1 seed before losing to the Sixers in the playoffs. That was true in both my preseason and midseason predictions.

My Bucks to advance further than your Sixers on a bank mediated escrow at 2:1 odds up to my 20,000 vs your 10,000

Both losing in the same round is a push

Let me know if you are serious
Packbuckman
Sixth Man
And1: 799

Post#70 » by Packbuckman » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:51 pm

stormi wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
See, you lost any credibility you might have had with that post. If you seriously think that the Sixers aren’t at the very least at the level of those teams you mentioned, I seriously don’t know what to tell you.

you are what your record says you are, the 76ers are in 5th right now. if they have to win all three rounds without home court, what we know about the 76ers road record tells us that it would be a highly improbable feat for them to accomplish

How did that work out for the Bucks last year? #1 seed. 3-1 season series win over the Raps. Backdoor swept.

Giannis unplayable when it mattered most

But that was last year and Giannis has come back even better and more hungry. And he wasn’t unplayable if you watched the series. But I do think the 76ers are better than their seeding if they start to play better on the road, if not they will not beat Miami. I can’t wait for the playoffs this year!!
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by GeorgeMarcus » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:56 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

My Bucks to advance further than your Sixers on a bank mediated escrow at 2:1 odds up to my 20,000 vs your 10,000

:lol: No thanks, I don’t have an expendable $10K to bet on basketball... I hope you’re filthy rich and/or full of **** because otherwise I’d question your fiscal responsibility.

GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#72 » by GiannisAnte34 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:57 pm

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:

:lol: No thanks, I don’t have an expendable $10K to bet on basketball... I hope you’re filthy rich and/or full of **** because otherwise I’d question your fiscal responsibility.

Hey we can do my 20 vs your 10, I said up to.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#73 » by GeorgeMarcus » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:01 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Hey we can do my 20 vs your 10, I said up to.

Why don’t we wait until the Bucks/Sixers matchup head to head? Assuming that happens... Less variables to consider. In that case sure I would throw 10 bones on it.

Packbuckman
Sixth Man
And1: 799

Post#74 » by Packbuckman » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:09 pm

I do feel like these playoffs will be great this year. Do I think the bucks will win it all yes. Not because we have the number one seed and best record, because we are a good road team so home court I don’t really care about. I feel we are the best most complete team and have the best player. And I don’t care who we play either. Good luck to you all.
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,811

Post#75 » by kriss73 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:09 pm

Here is why JRichardson is the third best player on Sixers' team:
K.Walker, K.Irving, J.Tatum, P. George, J.Harden, and C.McCollum are 28.2% combined when guarded by Richardson (11/39). Via @nbastats @76ersTPL

He prevents us to be murdered by every talented guard in the League.
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by GeorgeMarcus » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:11 pm

Packbuckman wrote:I do feel like these playoffs will be great this year. Do I think the bucks will win it all yes. Not because we have the number one seed and best record, because we are a good road team so home court I don’t really care about. I feel we are the best most complete team and have the best player. And I don’t care who we play either. Good luck to you all.

Likewise, the playoffs should be fun. No disrespect intended toward the Bucks despite my exchange with a certain Bucks poster.

GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#77 » by GeorgeMarcus » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:12 pm

kriss73 wrote:Here is why JRichardson is the third best player on Sixers' team:
K.Walker, K.Irving, J.Tatum, P. George, J.Harden, and C.McCollum are 28.2% combined when guarded by Richardson (11/39). Via @nbastats @76ersTPL

He prevents us to be murdered by every talented guard in the League.

Yeah not only is he a better defender in a vacuum, but his defensive skillset fills much more of a need than Tobi's does.

ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,516

Post#78 » by ropjhk » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:31 pm

Their biggest issue is their away record and the fact that they look unlikely to have home court advantage in any round in the playoffs. I think they can beat Miami in the first round and they may give the Bucks a good fight. If they somehow get past the Bucks I'd give them a great chance against the Raptors or Celtics or whomever they face in the ECF.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#79 » by LloydFree » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:52 pm

knuckles862 wrote:
Clay Davis wrote:Right now the 76ers have a pretty clear weakness: fast players who can put their jumbo-sized line ups on skates. It'll be interesting to see how they fare against small line ups. I think that Houston is a really bad match-up for them for this reason.

Sent from my SM-A520W using RealGM mobile app

That was their biggest weakness last season.this season they do a good job playing defense on pretty much any Matchup.also with horford coming off the bench that's one less weak link on the pick and roll

Small lineups weren't the specific problem for the 76ers last year. The 76er's specific problem was defending scoring Guards. Jimmy Butler couldn't defend any decent PGs or SGs, and JJ Redick is a turnstile. That's not an issue this year, when Josh Richardson has been available. The problem is Richardson has missed a bunch of games.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Dnt hate
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#80 » by Dnt hate » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:41 pm

First of all Greek Freak is the best player in the nba right now and is unstoppable, in the regular season. The playoffs are a different story and I love him btw. All the haters are saying sixers cant win on the road like they havnt won a single game on the road, imagine sixers take game 1 in a series, now the pressure is on your team to win one in Philly good luck

Return to The General Board