MJ VS LEBRON VS WHOEVER THREAD

Moderators: PockyCandy, Prez, ken6199, bwgood77, Dirk, Domejandro, jamaalstar21, zimpy27, BombsquadSammy, GeorgeMarcus

Fencer reregistered
RealGM
Posts: 21,511
And1: 8,813
Joined: Oct 25, 2006

Re: Reminder: Russell is 11- Kareem is 6-4, MJ's only 6-0. 

Post#301 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:48 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Im sure MJ and Lebron would both have more rings if they played in an 8 team league where most of the talent was concentrated onto 1 team.


So would Russell, had he played in that fictional universe.

Well, 1 or 2 more championships. :)


he did. in '57 there were 8 teams. 5 of them with losing records. only one team over .550


I was referring to the claim that "most of the talent was concentrated" onto the Celtics.

That said, for the couple of years that Russell and Heinsohn were in the league and Wilt, West, Baylor, Robertson et al. weren't, the Celtics talent was indeed a nicely large minority of the whole.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 10,902
And1: 2,733
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: LeBron Vs. Jordan Debate - Scientific FACTS 

Post#302 » by Stillwater » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:55 pm

Danny1616 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Sgt Major wrote:FACTS
MJ is the GOAT

LeBron is right there in the discussions on who's the #2

Not really and a lot of smart people are in disagreement either way .If you want to understand the argument against MJ
Read this : https://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/michael-jordan-lebron-james-nba-finals-playoffs-perfect-record-greatest-all-time-052617


Article was awful.

He's not the GOAT because he took 18 months off? That makes him look much better that he had a shorter career, took time off and still 3 peated again.

Then they said he also had Scottie Pippen. Well Lebron didn't win until he teamed up with Wade and Bosh and then Irving and Love.

Never faced a great adversary? Stockton and Malone were one of the greatest duo's in NBA history. Barkley, Johnson and Marjerle was a really good trio. Payton and Kemp were one of the best duo's of the 1990s. Magic, Divac, Worthy was still a great Lakers team in 1991.

Really weak arguments.

Facts support your takes as false
Here is the guy who basically made mj
capable of being undefeated saying LeBron has passed him by...
"There aint no I in team" -Shaq..."yeah but there's a M E in the mother fuc..er"-Mamba
2019 REALGM draft contest winner
freethedevil
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,339
And1: 2,551
Joined: Dec 09, 2018
         

Re: LeBron Vs. Jordan Debate - Scientific FACTS 

Post#303 » by freethedevil » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:59 am

SecondTake wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
SecondTake wrote:6-0 is the only fact you need. It ends any debate and will for the rest of time.

In the world where jordan fans concede he can only ever be the third greatest? Yes. If not, the stats are the only thing saving him against russell or kareem.

I didn't realize internally consistent logic was so triggering to mj--truthers


o FMVP .

Russell would have more fmvp's. jordan's still second best. If you want to ignore that because the award didn't exist at the time, we can always just remember that two players have been offically voted as the goat. Jordan wasn't one of them.
freethedevil
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,339
And1: 2,551
Joined: Dec 09, 2018
         

Re: LeBron Vs. Jordan Debate - Scientific FACTS 

Post#304 » by freethedevil » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:00 am

Danny1616 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Sgt Major wrote:FACTS
MJ is the GOAT

LeBron is right there in the discussions on who's the #2

Not really and a lot of smart people are in disagreement either way .If you want to understand the argument against MJ
Read this : https://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/michael-jordan-lebron-james-nba-finals-playoffs-perfect-record-greatest-all-time-052617


Article was awful.

He's not the GOAT because he took 18 months off?.

Playing less makes you better? The gymnastics are incredible.
freethedevil
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,339
And1: 2,551
Joined: Dec 09, 2018
         

Re: Reminder: Russell is 11- Kareem is 6-4, MJ's only 6-0. 

Post#305 » by freethedevil » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:03 am

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:I feel bad for freethedevil.

Jordan must have caused him nightmares in the 90's.

I feel bad for eddy jukes. Freethedevil still causes nightmares for him in the 2020's


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What kind of comeback is that?
.

Good enoygh for "lol my idol gives you nightmares."


Shitposters don't get to be picky about the **** that's posted. If you have something relevant to say, go ahead.
Knicks Byke
Analyst
Posts: 3,252
And1: 2,308
Joined: Aug 11, 2015
   

Re: JORDAN 6/6??? 

Post#306 » by Knicks Byke » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:03 am

pontius wrote:
dynamic duo wrote:jordan only made the finals 6 times playing inferior teams.


That's straight up not true. In 91 and 98 the Lakers and Jazz were the favorites to win it all. In 93 it was a toss up at with a lot of people thinking the Suns were the better team over the back-to-back champs.


I believe Charles was MVP of that season too.
freethedevil
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,339
And1: 2,551
Joined: Dec 09, 2018
         

Re: LeBron Vs. Jordan Debate - Scientific FACTS 

Post#307 » by freethedevil » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:04 am

Pharenheit wrote:lol @ the OP :lol:

Seems like the occasional Lebron>MJ crowd is poking its head out of its hole to gauge how shot down they get yet again


Imagine bragging about "shutting people" down on a basketball forum without actually doing ****. Wierd flex, my guy.
User avatar
SecondTake
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,424
And1: 621
Joined: Jun 03, 2017

Re: LeBron Vs. Jordan Debate - Scientific FACTS 

Post#308 » by SecondTake » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:07 am

freethedevil wrote:
SecondTake wrote:
freethedevil wrote:In the world where jordan fans concede he can only ever be the third greatest? Yes. If not, the stats are the only thing saving him against russell or kareem.

I didn't realize internally consistent logic was so triggering to mj--truthers


o FMVP .

Russell would have more fmvp's. jordan's still second best. If you want to ignore that because the award didn't exist at the time, we can always just remember that two players have been offically voted as the goat. Jordan wasn't one of them.


Russel was playing in a time when guys were smoking at the half. Most players then wouldnt make the G league today. He's irrelevant.
freethedevil
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,339
And1: 2,551
Joined: Dec 09, 2018
         

Re: Reminder: Russell is 11- Kareem is 6-4, MJ's only 6-0. 

Post#309 » by freethedevil » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:08 am

mediocrityrules wrote:
mediocrityrules wrote:
freethedevil wrote:What simple measures? You realize there was a post under the op?

The argument wasn't "rings=great", it was there's two greater winners(who also have comparable or MUUCH better indubidual accolades).


Whether you agree or not, "Jordan is Lebron without the sustained excellence" isn't some tirade about winning.


Your argument, to begin with, is that Jordan is not the greatest because ringzzzz. Pretty simple. The counter to that being that it would put guys who were just in fortunate situations like Horry being better than someone like Jordan. Personally I don't have Jordan or LBJ as the greatest, but through this thread you seem to waver between the greatest = championships, versus the greatest = championships + individual awards + intangibles (e.g., social impact etc).

Huh?

I''m wavering between other peopl's criteria and then pivoting back to mine. Mine is simply boosting championship chances over time where lebron and kareem objectively lap the field.

I'm pointing out that the most commonly made arguments for mj falter against non-lebron candidates while lebron has a case that has multiple venues of argumentation against everyone.
User avatar
Eddy_JukeZ
RealGM
Posts: 14,850
And1: 10,573
Joined: Oct 05, 2013
         

Re: Reminder: Russell is 11- Kareem is 6-4, MJ's only 6-0. 

Post#310 » by Eddy_JukeZ » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:09 am

freethedevil wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
freethedevil wrote:I feel bad for eddy jukes. Freethedevil still causes nightmares for him in the 2020's


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What kind of comeback is that?
.

Good enoygh for "lol my idol gives you nightmares."


Shitposters don't get to be picky about the **** that's posted. If you have something relevant to say, go ahead.


You're the worst shitposter when it comes to MJ.

You make MJ stans look fine.

There's no point conversing with you in a serious matter.
Archerbro
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,661
And1: 800
Joined: Jun 27, 2010

Re: JORDAN 6/6??? 

Post#311 » by Archerbro » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:10 am

Green89 wrote:Well, Lebron is more penalized for his Finals losses than a player who loses in earlier rounds of the playoffs.

only when it comes to goat discussion, because the GOAT set a level super high for alot of players (even not lebron) to compare.
Archerbro
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,661
And1: 800
Joined: Jun 27, 2010

Re: JORDAN 6/6??? 

Post#312 » by Archerbro » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:12 am

AussieCeltic wrote:Let’s be honest, if Lebron played in the West, he’d max out at 5 finals appearances and that’s being generous


he won 3, and lost 6.

but yes he'd have way less appearances.
User avatar
LKN
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,021
And1: 6,110
Joined: Jun 04, 2018
       

Re: MJ VS LEBRON VS WHOEVER THREAD 

Post#313 » by LKN » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:50 am

These threads are awesome - people should start more of them
freethedevil
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,339
And1: 2,551
Joined: Dec 09, 2018
         

Re: Reminder: Russell is 11- Kareem is 6-4, MJ's only 6-0. 

Post#314 » by freethedevil » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:04 am

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What kind of comeback is that?
.

Good enoygh for "lol my idol gives you nightmares."


Shitposters don't get to be picky about the **** that's posted. If you have something relevant to say, go ahead.


You're the worst shitposter when it comes to MJ.

And yet my shitposts have more educational value than the entirety of your posting history combined. :(
freethedevil
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,339
And1: 2,551
Joined: Dec 09, 2018
         

Re: Reminder: Russell is 11- Kareem is 6-4, MJ's only 6-0. 

Post#315 » by freethedevil » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:14 am

Quattro wrote:Jordan didn't have sustained excellence? Really?

Me being a Knicks fan doesn't change that you seem to struggle with counting. Russell and Kareem have won much more, hence "sustained excellent", Lebron has stayed at his peak prime level much longer, hence "sustained excellence." Jordan lacks sustained excellence when compared to goats, hence he isn't the goat. :(
freethedevil
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,339
And1: 2,551
Joined: Dec 09, 2018
         

Re: LeBron Vs. Jordan Debate - Scientific FACTS 

Post#316 » by freethedevil » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:15 am

SecondTake wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
SecondTake wrote:
o FMVP .

Russell would have more fmvp's. jordan's still second best. If you want to ignore that because the award didn't exist at the time, we can always just remember that two players have been offically voted as the goat. Jordan wasn't one of them.


Russel was playing in a time when guys were smoking at the half.

Jordan played against weaker talent and in expansion, He too is irrelevant.

:(
User avatar
OdomFan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,021
And1: 3,626
Joined: Jan 07, 2017
Location: Washington DC
       

Re: MJ VS LEBRON VS WHOEVER THREAD 

Post#317 » by OdomFan » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:34 am

well, this is going no where fast.
Image
Knicks Byke
Analyst
Posts: 3,252
And1: 2,308
Joined: Aug 11, 2015
   

Re: Reminder: Russell is 11- Kareem is 6-4, MJ's only 6-0. 

Post#318 » by Knicks Byke » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:40 am

freethedevil wrote:
Quattro wrote:Jordan didn't have sustained excellence? Really?

Me being a Knicks fan doesn't change that you seem to struggle with counting. Russell and Kareem have won much more, hence "sustained excellent", Lebron has stayed at his peak prime level much longer, hence "sustained excellence." Jordan lacks sustained excellence when compared to goats, hence he isn't the goat. :(



as a knick fan myself, you wildin fam.
User avatar
Eddy_JukeZ
RealGM
Posts: 14,850
And1: 10,573
Joined: Oct 05, 2013
         

Re: Reminder: Russell is 11- Kareem is 6-4, MJ's only 6-0. 

Post#319 » by Eddy_JukeZ » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:48 am

freethedevil wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
freethedevil wrote:Good enoygh for "lol my idol gives you nightmares."


Shitposters don't get to be picky about the **** that's posted. If you have something relevant to say, go ahead.


You're the worst shitposter when it comes to MJ.

And yet my shitposts have more educational value than the entirety of your posting history combined. :(


When you have to talk yourself up to big up your posts, they're likely not very good in the 1st place.

I think plenty on here find your posting asinine and ignorant.
JordansBulls
RealGM
Posts: 58,226
And1: 4,053
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Location: HCA (Homecourt Advantage)

Re: MJ VS LEBRON VS WHOEVER THREAD 

Post#320 » by JordansBulls » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:45 am

Russell joined a team with the league mvp and roy over him and also went 7 games vs teams that were .500 or worse.
Kareem had another top 5 player all time at his side and only won while playing with guys who won league mvp.

Lebron won 2 bronze medals. Lost to Dwight Howard with HCA a career loser when Lebron was in his prime. Been down every year of his career at least 3-2 in a series including 5 years in a row with HCA and team hopped and still has a losing record on the highest stage. All while the Warriors came out of nowhere.
Image
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan

Return to The General Board