Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year?

Moderators: PockyCandy, Prez, ken6199, bwgood77, Dirk, Domejandro, jamaalstar21, zimpy27, BombsquadSammy, GeorgeMarcus

Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year?

Yes
35
34%
No
67
66%
 
Total votes: 102

LuckyLeprechaun
Senior
Posts: 696
And1: 793
Joined: Jul 24, 2015
 

Re: Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year? 

Post#61 » by LuckyLeprechaun » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:12 am

Klay and Steph have to return to form before they can be in any sort of title discussion. Klay especially is probably not going to be the same player right away with that injury. Steph's hand injury is easier to come back from, but as a guy known primarily for his shooting ability it is concerning.
tmorgan
General Manager
Posts: 8,248
And1: 3,314
Joined: Feb 04, 2005
Location: San Francisco, CA
   

Re: Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year? 

Post#62 » by tmorgan » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:18 am

Warriorfan wrote:Beal creates the same problems as DLo.

Ideal player Post D and perimeter O


He may not be perfect, but it sure seems like he’d be available if the price was right... go get Myles Turner with those assets. Doubt Indy will free you from Maple Jordan, though.
User avatar
lars_rosenberg
Veteran
Posts: 2,558
And1: 2,138
Joined: Aug 15, 2014
 

Re: Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year? 

Post#63 » by lars_rosenberg » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:17 am

tmorgan wrote:
Warriorfan wrote:Beal creates the same problems as DLo.

Ideal player Post D and perimeter O


He may not be perfect, but it sure seems like he’d be available if the price was right... go get Myles Turner with those assets. Doubt Indy will free you from Maple Jordan, though.
I've always been a Wiggins hater, but if he keeps playing like he did in his first games with the Warriors, he's welcome to stay.
User avatar
Lunartic
Pro Prospect
Posts: 971
And1: 1,560
Joined: Nov 28, 2015

Re: Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year? 

Post#64 » by Lunartic » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:47 pm

michaelm wrote:
Lunartic wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
You say this like we don't already know how good Curry is



We know how well he plays when he has a multitude of all stars covering for him defensively and spreading the floor for him

He's a great player unquestionably but I believe he's also one of the most overated players in modern NBA history.

So is he only good because of them, or did they become good because of him ?. It isn’t one or the other imo, but there is plenty of evidence for the latter.



It's both, he definitely makes players better and playing alongside great players makes him better as well.

I'm saying that he is overrated by most fans. Like you said, it's not either/or. I doubt he would have a single title if it weren't for severe injuries to that Cavs team and Durant joining afterward.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
Posts: 24,648
And1: 6,035
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
       

Re: Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year? 

Post#65 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:45 pm

Why on earth would the wizard trade beal for Wiggins hahaha . Never going happen
Kobe for President of Operations
Ballerhogger
RealGM
Posts: 24,648
And1: 6,035
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
       

Re: Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year? 

Post#66 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:47 pm

GregOden wrote:They need size and length on the defensive end for the playoffs, not more shooters to run up the score against bad teams in the regular season.

Also agree they will need trade for capela big or draft a big man I would try get capela somehow they are in win now mode this draft is light
Kobe for President of Operations
naabzor
Veteran
Posts: 2,520
And1: 2,114
Joined: Jul 03, 2014

Re: Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year? 

Post#67 » by naabzor » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:30 pm

I mean they can move Thompson at sf and Beal at guard and man, good luck stop them from scoring.
EricAnderson
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,891
And1: 1,344
Joined: May 28, 2008

Re: Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year? 

Post#68 » by EricAnderson » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:13 pm

[instagram][/instagram]
SWYM wrote:Wiseman will make Dubs the favorite...

Perfect storm just occurred and after this summer, Dubs will have another title window open for next 3 years.


Lol no.. Wiseman isn’t who you think he is clearly.
Cavsfansince84
Head Coach
Posts: 6,042
And1: 4,689
Joined: Jun 13, 2017
   

Re: Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year? 

Post#69 » by Cavsfansince84 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:16 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:Warriors haters: "Dynasty is over. They never coming back. Look how bad their team looks now."

Also Warriors haters: "Beal? How much help does Steph need???"

I don't get it. Do they suck or are they stacked/unfair? I've been confused with the narratives lately. Just like when people would say Klay/Draymond are overrated and aren't real all-stars, but then also say the Warriors are unfair for having too many good players. Make up your minds. :lol: :lol: :lol:


I don't think its really that confusing. Right now they suck because they're missing their two best players. Next year if their old core is healthy though they should be a top 4 team in the west. If they find one more all star caliber guy then they probably contend. I don't think Beal would be that guy though.
EricAnderson
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,891
And1: 1,344
Joined: May 28, 2008

Re: Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year? 

Post#70 » by EricAnderson » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:22 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:Why on earth would the wizard trade beal for Wiggins hahaha . Never going happen


It would be for the potential two lottery picks. Wiggins would be just to match salaries.

Though if I’m the Wizards and I’m trading Beal id look for team desperate enough to take Wall as well if they included Beal.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
Posts: 24,648
And1: 6,035
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
       

Re: Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year? 

Post#71 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:25 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:Why on earth would the wizard trade beal for Wiggins hahaha . Never going happen


It would be for the potential two lottery picks. Wiggins would be just to match salaries.

Though if I’m the Wizards and I’m trading Beal id look for team desperate enough to take Wall as well if they included Beal.

Wall coming off the warriors bench would be kinda funny
Kobe for President of Operations
gorz
Junior
Posts: 461
And1: 361
Joined: Apr 03, 2018

Re: Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year? 

Post#72 » by gorz » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:43 pm

Warriors are never winning another title..their title window has closed. Main reason being Steph Curry is no longer a top 3 or 5 player in the league..he looked horrible in his return. Beal doesn't provide anything more than Dlo does and is the worse player so no.
xdrta+
Analyst
Posts: 3,054
And1: 2,096
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year? 

Post#73 » by xdrta+ » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:02 am

gorz wrote:Warriors are never winning another title..their title window has closed. Main reason being Steph Curry is no longer a top 3 or 5 player in the league..he looked horrible in his return.


Seems like some of the players feel differently about Curry than you do. This from Giannis about Curry.

"Let me be honest with you," Giannis told reporters during NBA All-Star Weekend in Chicago. "The players, we kind of enjoy that he's not playing — not enjoy that he's hurt. We want him to be healthy, but he just makes it way, way tougher for the rest of the league."
User avatar
trending
Junior
Posts: 466
And1: 233
Joined: Apr 20, 2019
Location: midland, ontario
   

Re: Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year? 

Post#74 » by trending » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:08 am

swapping wiggins for beal isn't winning you a chip.

gs should clean house except for curry. thompson, and some of their picks would net a nice return.
theedgeam.com every saturday night
the inventor of bball was born in canada and the inventor of the phone is buried in canada
i'm also from canada
xdrta+
Analyst
Posts: 3,054
And1: 2,096
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year? 

Post#75 » by xdrta+ » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:35 am

trending wrote:swapping wiggins for beal isn't winning you a chip.

gs should clean house except for curry. thompson, and some of their picks would net a nice return.


Terrible idea. With the current roster plus picks they're in the mix as contender next season.
michaelm
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,542
And1: 2,137
Joined: Apr 06, 2010
 

Re: Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year? 

Post#76 » by michaelm » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:03 am

Lunartic wrote:
michaelm wrote:
Lunartic wrote:

We know how well he plays when he has a multitude of all stars covering for him defensively and spreading the floor for him

He's a great player unquestionably but I believe he's also one of the most overated players in modern NBA history.

So is he only good because of them, or did they become good because of him ?. It isn’t one or the other imo, but there is plenty of evidence for the latter.



It's both, he definitely makes players better and playing alongside great players makes him better as well.

I'm saying that he is overrated by most fans. Like you said, it's not either/or. I doubt he would have a single title if it weren't for severe injuries to that Cavs team and Durant joining afterward.

And I think he could easily have 5 titles.
michaelm
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,542
And1: 2,137
Joined: Apr 06, 2010
 

Re: Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year? 

Post#77 » by michaelm » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:10 am

gorz wrote:Warriors are never winning another title..their title window has closed. Main reason being Steph Curry is no longer a top 3 or 5 player in the league..he looked horrible in his return. Beal doesn't provide anything more than Dlo does and is the worse player so no.

Perhaps I am missing something, but am I now in a parallel universe where Curry has returned from his injury?. Last I recall he led GSW to a WCF win without Durant, and with what remained of the GSW team was contesting Toronto strongly in the finals till Klay Thompson went down as well.
User avatar
Lunartic
Pro Prospect
Posts: 971
And1: 1,560
Joined: Nov 28, 2015

Re: Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year? 

Post#78 » by Lunartic » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:53 pm

michaelm wrote:
Lunartic wrote:
michaelm wrote:So is he only good because of them, or did they become good because of him ?. It isn’t one or the other imo, but there is plenty of evidence for the latter.



It's both, he definitely makes players better and playing alongside great players makes him better as well.

I'm saying that he is overrated by most fans. Like you said, it's not either/or. I doubt he would have a single title if it weren't for severe injuries to that Cavs team and Durant joining afterward.

And I think he could easily have 5 titles.



That isn't supprted by facts.

He won a single title against LeBron and Dellavadova, what happened when LeBron actually had his two best players? Curry got upset hard.

Afterwards, the Curry/Durant team was obviously unbeatable by any team in the league.

Curry is a great player but he hasn't shown an ability to win at the highest levels without having a ridiculous advantage in teams.
Amare_1_Knicks
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,426
And1: 2,238
Joined: Aug 07, 2010

Re: Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year? 

Post#79 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:08 pm

I don’t care for the fit of Beal sandwiched in between Curry and Klay. He’s a fairly high volume, high USG%, on-ball player and doesn’t add enough intangibles to the team to justify trading for him. It would be one thing if he was adding incredible versatility, or quality defense, or rebounding but he doesn’t add any of those things.

If I’m GS, I’m focusing on adding a veteran presence off the bench, and a big that can space the floor at league average 3pt%.
Eric Millegan
Senior
Posts: 666
And1: 578
Joined: Apr 14, 2018
Contact:
 

Re: Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year? 

Post#80 » by Eric Millegan » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:25 pm

wfiles wrote:There's been a lot of talks of the Warriors possibly trading for Beal this summer. They can do Wiggins, Warriors' 2020 1st pick, Minnesota's 2021 top 3 protected 1st pick for Beal. Beal, Curry, Thompson, and Green would probably be the best foursome in the NBA. Would Bradley Beal make the Warriors the favorites for next year?

I think they're the favorites without Beal. Beal would be bonus.
Check out "Around the NBA with Chris & Eric" on Apple Podcasts & Stitcher Radio. Also available at NBAPlayoffsChrisEric.com

Return to The General Board