Bosh not a finalist for HoF

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Re: Bosh not a finalist for HoF 

Post#61 » by dautjazz » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:02 am

Pinkyring wrote:He'll get in because the standards are low but he wasn't a better player than webber and wasn't more valuable than big ben. Frankly if you gave me a Choice of peak bosh and peak Jermaine o'neal, I'd probably take peak jo

Damn I can't believe Webber has been eligible for 9 years and hasn't made it.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,747

Post#62 » by VanWest82 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:07 am

dautjazz wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:He'll get in because the standards are low but he wasn't a better player than webber and wasn't more valuable than big ben. Frankly if you gave me a Choice of peak bosh and peak Jermaine o'neal, I'd probably take peak jo

Damn I can't believe Webber has been eligible for 9 years and hasn't made it.

This is why: https://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=2148232

Not saying I agree with it but it's the why. There is no logical basketball case for why he isn't in.
jazzmailman
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#63 » by jazzmailman » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:38 am

You know, basketball reference has a HOF probability page...

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob.html

Bosh is @ 99.51%, and Chris Webber is @ 14.62%. They shouldn't even be in the same conversation.
MJ7
Senior
And1: 942

Post#64 » by MJ7 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:41 am

jazzmailman wrote:You know, basketball reference has a HOF probability page...

Bosh is @ 99.51%, and Chris Webber is @ 14.62%. They shouldn't even be in the same conversation.

This. Would probably take Amar'e over Webber too.
Wizard/MJ fan
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,804

Post#65 » by Johnny Bball » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:43 am

I would swear he hasn't retired, but seems like he was supposed to last spring. And if he hasn't retired or it hasn't been 3 years which is the requirement right.... that would be it. Beyond that he ain't a lock.

But be outraged, that has to make you feel good. Expect nobody to read this and the outrage or the insults to continue.

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/02/12/chris-bosh-retirement-miami-heat-jersey-retire-ceremony-part-my-life-over
The4thHorseman
General Manager
And1: 4,510

Post#66 » by The4thHorseman » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:05 am

Where are all the "Bosh is/was a superstar" people at??

I'm surprised there aren't more people posting in his defense for his prominent role he played in those 2 Finals wins. Especially in game 7 of the 2013 Finals when he was held scoreless with 7 rebounds and 1blk.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Post#67 » by Lalouie » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:07 am

is there a cap on the finalists?
Phystic
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Post#68 » by Phystic » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:14 am

nedleeds wrote:
thebigbird wrote:The NBA needs its own hall of fame. The current "basketball hall of fame" is a joke. If Tracy McGrady is a first ballot hall of famer then Chris Bosh should be too.

Dino Radja is in the hall of fame. A fringe rotation player for some mediocre Celtic teams.

Always has to be said in these discussions it's the BASKETBALL Hall of Fame not the NBA Hall of Fame.
Rich Michmond
Sixth Man
And1: 2,971
Location: российско-немецкий кондоминиум под еврейским доверительным управлением

Post#69 » by Rich Michmond » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:29 am

bran muffin wrote:
Rich Michmond wrote:Bosh will definitely be in the Hall, the guy is an eleven time All-Star. He may just not be a first ballot.

Bosh spent his spent his Raptors career putting up big stats for lottery teams. He was above .500 only once. Then he ran off to Miami for a couple of freebie rings as the 3rd wheel for LeBron & Wade.

He was gifted 11 straight All-Star appearances, because there was hardly any competition for big men in the East. His biggest competition was an aging Kevin Garnett. In the West, it was blood bath. Prime Garnett, prime Dirk, prime Duncan, Amare, Pau, Aldridge, Randolph...

If Bosh had spent his career in the West, he'd have maybe 3 All-Stars in his entire career. And people wouldn't even think of him as a Hall-of-Famer. He'd be on the same level as Zach Randolph.

Bosh's Raptors were a poorly constructed team. His teammates were underwhelming to say the least (Calderon, Bargnani, Anthony Parker, T.J. Ford?). He did everything he could but basketball is ultimately a team game. He was not on Duncan's on Dirk's level, but he was a very solid second option material.

His rings were hardly freebie, there's no way they win without him. You'll probably mention his 0-point game in Game 7 vs the Spurs, but he was an instrumental part of Miami's defense, and he did what he was asked to do without complaining. Also disagree with him being around Zach Randolph had Bosh played in the West. I think he could easily have an Aldridge-like resume which is so damn solid on its own.

ken6199 wrote:
Rich Michmond wrote:
Brandon_Roy wrote:KG is just now getting in. You think this stuff just happens instantaneously ? lol

Bosh will get in some time before 2030.

This is KG's first year of eligibility.

That being said, Bosh will definitely be in the Hall, the guy is an eleven time All-Star. He may just not be a first ballot.

Agree with not being a first ballot, and I don't give a crap about 11 time all star.

The main point about Bosh being an eleven-time All-Star is that there are no players who accumulated seven or more All-Star appearances (except for Larry Foust, a guy who played in the fifties) that are not in the Hall.
Gordon Haywood, Dwayne Wade, JJ Reddick, Derek Rose, Derrick Fisher, Lenny Wilkins, Kirk Heinrich, Oscar Robinson, DeMar DeRozen, Andre Iguadola, Pascal Siakim, Malcolm Brogdan
inonba
Pro Prospect
And1: 264

Post#70 » by inonba » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:38 am

I guess everyone has a difference in opinion on where the bar is set.

For me personally, I can't stress that enough, I'd like to see the Hall of Fame to mean more than a me too club. For example, if you were in the conversation as the best player of the decade, you should be inducted by yourself to really honor what you have done for the sport. Between 2000-2010, there should be 4 players honored as such. Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, and to some extent, Lebron for that time frame. 2010-2020, definitely Lebron.

This year, Kobe should be inducted by himself and no one else. Forget first, second, third ballot. IMO, if you were to group players like Bosh together in will tarnish the legacy of those that have done so much more.
Vibranium
Rookie
And1: 1,938

Post#71 » by Vibranium » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:45 pm

Pinkyring wrote:
VYoungJrIII wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:
KG would be a legit HOF even if he never won a ring.

To me that is the HOF test. Strip away the rings and how good is the player? With Bosh the answer is easy not good enough he was never viewed as the best PF and his career was cut short.

Chris Paul to me is another guy who is a definite HOF even if he never wins a ring. Russell Westbrook on the otherhand...

You cant be serious

What did he say wrong? A lot of all stars can win rings as a third fiddle, bosh was never a dominant player or in consideration for best at his position, kg and Paul are. Frankly if Bosh hadn't band rode lebron or wade he would be zach Randolph

Im talking about how he has doubts on Westbrook being a hall of famer.
Read on Twitter
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#72 » by Pinkyring » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:58 pm

MJ7 wrote:
jazzmailman wrote:You know, basketball reference has a HOF probability page...

This. Would probably take Amar'e over Webber too.

Amare was a complementary piece just like bosh, bosh only has that probability because he ring chased. He was never the guy on a good team and webber was multiple years in Sacramento
Imon
Head Coach
And1: 6,263

Post#73 » by Imon » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:36 pm

I've always viewed Bosh as Pau Gasol East (Pau was a better player though).
Two guys who were the best players on meh teams. Gasol managed to make the playoffs 3 seasons in a row with Memphis but had a 0-12 playoff record before teaming up with Kobe. Bosh only made it to the playoffs twice with Toronto despite playing in a weaker conference.

The legacies of both guys got burnished because they were able to team up with better players than themselves (in Bosh's case two stars). I do still think Bosh is a HoFer, at least by the standards set by this HoF, so he will eventually get in.
Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,600

Post#74 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:05 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
thebigbird wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Tracy McGrady was a 7x All NBA player and 2x scoring champ. How does Bosh's resume come anything close to that, either than getting to play alongside LeBron and Wade. McGrady was the far superior player.

McGrady never made it out of the first round in his entire career. Bosh is a 2x NBA champion and went to 4 straight finals.

And if McGrady joined a team with say Kobe and Dirk, Im sure McGrady would've gotten out of the 1st round and won a few championships as well. What was Bosh's playoff record without Wade and LeBron? I believe he has 3 playoff wins (individual games, not series) in his career without those 2 guys.
McGrady joined a team with Grant Hill (he was recruited by him) and then joined a team with Yao Ming.
It's not like he didn't have his chances.

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using RealGM mobile app
Слава Украине!
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,665

Post#75 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:15 pm

Ryoga Hibiki wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
thebigbird wrote:McGrady never made it out of the first round in his entire career. Bosh is a 2x NBA champion and went to 4 straight finals.

And if McGrady joined a team with say Kobe and Dirk, Im sure McGrady would've gotten out of the 1st round and won a few championships as well. What was Bosh's playoff record without Wade and LeBron? I believe he has 3 playoff wins (individual games, not series) in his career without those 2 guys.
McGrady joined a team with Grant Hill (he was recruited by him) and then joined a team with Yao Ming.
It's not like he didn't have his chances.

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using RealGM mobile app

Seriously? Mcgrady played 47 games with Hill, over a 3 year period. The most games played in a single season for Hill during that time was 29 games.

Then him and Yao I believe had 1 full healthy season together.

You want to make the case that McGrady had a short prime because he couldn't stay healthy, sure im not going to argue that. But let's not try to act McGrady joining a team with Grant Hill then joining another team with Yao is anything close to joining a team with Wade and Lebron.
Spacely
Analyst
And1: 6,155

Post#76 » by Spacely » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:33 pm

All I can say is

rebound bosh

Back to Allen

3 pointer .. BANG!
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Post#77 » by clyde21 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:38 pm

The4thHorseman wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:
The4thHorseman wrote:How come nobody claims or says how the East was a joke conference, he won only 3 playoff games in 7yrs with the label of superstar for half those years and needed a superteam just to get out of the first round?

He doesnt deserve the same superstar criticisms that others get for their shortcomings??

I dont think Bosh was ever considered a superstar in Toronto, he was always a second tier star.

So he goes to Miami, puts up worse averages across the board but gets the label of superstar for that?

I've read for almost 10yrs now about the 3 superstars who spent 4yrs together in Miami and how they ruined the competition in the East.

there was never any competition in the east it was a JV conference the entire time

Nice try tho we all know what you're doing here lol
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Post#78 » by Lalouie » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:38 pm

he's not a 1st balloter
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#79 » by nedleeds » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:54 pm

QPR wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
thebigbird wrote:The NBA needs its own hall of fame. The current "basketball hall of fame" is a joke. If Tracy McGrady is a first ballot hall of famer then Chris Bosh should be too.

Dino Radja is in the hall of fame. A fringe rotation player for some mediocre Celtic teams.

It's a basketball hall of fame, not an NBA hall of fame. Radja is one of the most accomplished Europeans of all time.

Not sure career NBA averages of 17/9 in an era of dominant bigs is "fringe rotation" level either.

It's basically worse than Cliff Robinson or Detlef Schrempf ... neither of whom will ever sniff the hall of fame.

There should be a dedicated wing for 'Great International Players'. Dino Radja being in and Chris Webber not, or Schrempf not is a joke. We all know it, if you're Croatian I understand Radja is a fantastic player but he doesn't belong with Karl Malone or Tim Duncan, he just doesn't.

If Cliff Robinson was adopted as a baby by a Croatian family would that just make him a hall of famer? If Detlef had just gone home to Germany from WAshington instead of toughing it out in the NBA and making 3 All Star teams and an All NBA team and putting up godlike stats in Euroleague would he be a hall of famer?

Just because Radja went home after 3.5 years of NBA, he's in. It's stupid. La Bamba will probably get in the hall of fame and he's barely Rod Strickland.

If Dino Radja is a hall of famer, Bosh sure as **** is, and even Luis Scola is.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#80 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:44 pm

This is what happens when outrage about rankings and distinctions happen before people take into account the context of the situation.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to The General Board