Kawhi Will Regret Leaving The Raptors

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Re: Kawhi Will Regret Leaving The Raptors 

Post#61 » by RamonSessions7 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:12 am

Scott Hall wrote:My family moved to LA in the 1960's and hated it so much they moved back to Toronto a year or so later.
They didn't elaborate on it to much other then they thought it was dirty and overrated. The only cool
story I heard was my uncle met Sandy Koufax when he was a kid.

I went to SoCal in the mid 90's thought it was gonna be this amazing place after watching the movies and shows
like Saved By The Bell, California Dreams and Baywatch (LOL)....

Couldn't believe how disappointed I was favorite part was Laguna Beach but everything else was completely
overrated. I don't like how everything is so spread out and that the traffic is so bad it's better to take the helicopter
if you're rich. I also hate all the posers and phonies there are trying to make it in Hollywood I used to hang out with
actors before and not my kind of people. It's also really expensive out there.

I also used to date a girl who was a weather chick on TV when I first met her. She ended up getting a job for
CBS Mobile News and moved to LA and would interview celebs and stuff. After a year she moved back to Toronto
and we got an apartment in a good Toronto neighborhood and she got a regular office job. She didn't really
say anything bad about LA that I remember but wanted to be closer to family ala Kawhi.

Most people seem to prefer Florida if they want some sun and sand and it's not just because it's a shorter flight
for many East Coasters.

Maybe I'll give LA another chance but most of my friends who travel a lot for work never really mention LA as
one of their favorites or a place they highly recommend you go to.

Also people forget DeRozan is from LA and wanted to spend his entire career here and was legit pissed he
got traded. Unfortunately he just wasn't good enough to win a 'Ship.

Your points about the city (area) of LA are warranted
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#62 » by jimmy keys » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:10 am

The smartest move would've been taking Lowry with him. SGA to the Raps and keep the picks for future trades. He'll miss Lowry more than Toronto.
Cycloneon
Senior
And1: 717

Post#63 » by Cycloneon » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:24 am

Kawhi will not regret going home and being closer to his family, lol.
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,634

Post#64 » by OdomFan » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:57 am

Regret for what? They won the championship, and now he's playing at home. I would have liked to seen him stay too but when it comes down to it it was his decision.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,142

Post#65 » by Chandan » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:37 pm

Toronto + him might be better than LA + him. But he shouldn't be he type to get hung up over something like this. Probably just focus on taking his new team to the next level.

besides, family first. I respect that. Still rooting for clippers to lose though :lol:
Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,899

Post#66 » by Jabroni Lames » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:58 pm

The Box Office wrote:The OP sounds salty as hell. Kawhi got you a championship and yet you still found a way to be bitter on Valentine's Day.

The OP is a Celtics fan, which is weird.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#67 » by jason bourne » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:09 pm

What bothered me at the end of Kawhi's year with the Raptors was he getting a free luxury condo and making the cover of Drake's next album *if* he would re-sign. This would be illegal according to the CBA. Sounds like Uncle Dennis was negotiating, but the cat got let out of the bag.
ā€œThe most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.ā€ Peter Thiel

ImageImage
celtxman
Analyst
And1: 1,461

Post#68 » by celtxman » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:20 pm

No....the key word is "regret." Does he regret leaving San Antonio? They were positioned to win more championships with him. Now if you told me Klay Thompson would regret leaving the Warriors, I would buy that. Thompson wants to win in Golden State. It doesnt mean he would never leave but it gives you a player who would be torn to do so.
Leonard has two championship rings. He has a chance for more in LA. But I think he is more motivated by location at this point
Brad Stevens on fans who want the Celtics to tank: "I donā€™t think theyā€™ll like me all that much then."
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#69 » by Stillwater » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:44 pm

No regrets imo he went home after all which to some people is everything including more trophies but to think he won't get one in LA is shortsighted...
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,527

Post#70 » by Jcity08 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:07 pm

Why would Kawhi regret a decision he made before ever getting traded to the Raptors?

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,963

Post#71 » by Optms » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:17 pm

Star players past and present would have killed for what he had in Toronto. And he dumps it just to chill at home. Kawhi might be just as big of a weasel as Durant.
kingr
Head Coach
And1: 2,658

Post#72 » by kingr » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:09 pm

As a raptors fan, just stop it man. He's home. Already won 2 rings.
Some people really overlook how much some people just want to be home.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,165

Post#73 » by YogurtProducer » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:44 pm

KGtabake wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
levon wrote:The Jerry West fellating has got to stop at some point, right?

Itā€™s unworldly.

He won in LA when two HOFā€™s forced their way there, didnā€™t accomplish **** in Memphis, joined a GSW organization that already had Curry (but he made/consulted on solid moves) and then picked up a key FA that wanted to be in LA in Kawhi

The one time he didnā€™t have California sun he ā€œfailedā€.

Heā€™s an amazing basketball mind, but heā€™s also conveniently jumped into pretty good situations and distances himself where he gets credit if itā€™s good but can be shielded if itā€™s bad. Heā€™s still a top GM/scout/whatever in the league but people act like heā€™s invincible

What fellating? And what's unwordly? Facts are annoying nowadays?
So west failed in memphis but ujiri was successful in denver?
Your logic, not mine. I'm not the one trying to downplay ujiri success just because i don't think he's the best.
You are the one who's trying to discredit West.

What are you talking about? Do you have any videos/links where west distances himself from something?
Post it. I can say a lot of things without providing context too.

What was the pretty good situation he jumped into GS?
The situation in which GS wanted to trade thompson for love and he didn't let it happen? GS had already curry? Yes...and? What exactly does that mean? Was curry a proven champion and a proven superstar back then and i don't remember it? Because what i remember is curry being labeled as a made of glass shooter. Was GS a contender?

What was the great situation he jumped in with clippers? The end of the lob city team?
Who traded Griffin? How many teams can rebuild so fast without even losing the playoffs in the west?
Who robbed the lakers on the zubac trade? Who brought marcus morris to the team just a few days ago? The guy that the main competitor(again the lakers) wanted badly?
Why should ujiri get credit for trading for kawhi with your logic? Did kawhi had a choice when he was traded in toronto and i don't remember it? Were the spurs willing to trade him to LA instead and Ujiri didn't let it happen?
Yes kawhi wanted to be in LA.
Clippers are not the "great" franchise of LA. Lakers are. Why he didn't join the Lakers instead?

West isn't the smartest because of his past. He's making moves now, in the present. He keeps proving himself at this age.

You can continue ridiculing yourself by trying to discredit him with posts like the above. Ignorance is not always a blessing.
Yes we got it. Ujiri won a championship. Congratulations. Do you know how many championships west has won? Of course you do.
On different teams. You know that too. He might win one more with yet another different team.
I guess all this just happens because he's lucky right?

The only "unwordly" thing around here is your fanbase's psychosis with any guy saying that someone else is better than ujiri.
Well deal with it.
West is better, more proven and universally acknowledged. You can debate with the wall if you want to but that won't change history.
I won't even come back to this thread. God knows what i'll read if i do.

Work on a cohesive post next time.

He didnā€™t do jack **** with the Grizzlies. He literally just bailed after a 22-60 season.

What do you mean it was only Curry? You certainly donā€™t mean unanimous MVP and possibly greatest offensive season of all time Steph Curry? Thatā€™s kind of a big **** deal. Plus blocking the Love trade, the Warriors potentially stilI would have won with Love. Youā€™re acting like Klay is some superstar and Love sucks (news flash, Love helped LBJ beat those same warriors).

What he has done in LAC, if he had tried it in Memphis it wouldā€™ve failed. PG and Kawhi never would have ever came there. He only came to the Clippers because itā€™s LA, and he didnā€™t go to the Lakers because of LBJ.

I never even mentioned Ujiris name in my post, so Iā€™m not sure why youā€™re going off the rails about Masai. Plus, Masaiā€™s resume in Denver is so much more than Westā€™s in Memphis. You bring up the Griffin trade but somehow have forgotten the Melo and Kawhi trades? The Gay trade? The Bargnani trade? Like cmon man stop ignoring things.

Masai in LA would be an absolute **** force. Imagine if those LA teams right now had drafted a Siakam, or found a FVV, or a Terence Davis. Like Iā€™m not saying Ujiri is better than West, all Iā€™m saying is this Jerry West circle jerk is out of control.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
C3H6N6O6
Analyst
And1: 3,898

Post#74 » by C3H6N6O6 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:56 pm

jimmy keys wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:It's a sideways move, both teams are really good. The Raptors only really have a better record because the bottom 2/3 of the East is horrible.

Tell that to Lebron who probably would have made a few less Finals appearances if he always played out west.

He also most likely would have won more finals if he played in the West. Duncan and Kobe are prime examples of this.
Are we going to pretend that West isn't better because of better owners and better front offices?
And1+2
Head Coach
And1: 10,410

Post#75 » by And1+2 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:59 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
KGtabake wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Itā€™s unworldly.

He won in LA when two HOFā€™s forced their way there, didnā€™t accomplish **** in Memphis, joined a GSW organization that already had Curry (but he made/consulted on solid moves) and then picked up a key FA that wanted to be in LA in Kawhi

Heā€™s an amazing basketball mind, but heā€™s also conveniently jumped into pretty good situations and distances himself where he gets credit if itā€™s good but can be shielded if itā€™s bad. Heā€™s still a top GM/scout/whatever in the league but people act like heā€™s invincible

Your logic, not mine. I'm not the one trying to downplay ujiri success just because i don't think he's the best.

What are you talking about? Do you have any videos/links where west distances himself from something?

The situation in which GS wanted to trade thompson for love and he didn't let it happen? GS had already curry? Yes...and? What exactly does that mean? Was curry a proven champion and a proven superstar back then and i don't remember it? Because what i remember is curry being labeled as a made of glass shooter. Was GS a contender?

What was the great situation he jumped in with clippers? The end of the lob city team?
Who traded Griffin? How many teams can rebuild so fast without even losing the playoffs in the west?
Who robbed the lakers on the zubac trade? Who brought marcus morris to the team just a few days ago? The guy that the main competitor(again the lakers) wanted badly?
Why should ujiri get credit for trading for kawhi with your logic? Did kawhi had a choice when he was traded in toronto and i don't remember it? Were the spurs willing to trade him to LA instead and Ujiri didn't let it happen?
Clippers are not the "great" franchise of LA. Lakers are. Why he didn't join the Lakers instead?

West isn't the smartest because of his past. He's making moves now, in the present. He keeps proving himself at this age.

You can continue ridiculing yourself by trying to discredit him with posts like the above. Ignorance is not always a blessing.
Yes we got it. Ujiri won a championship. Congratulations. Do you know how many championships west has won? Of course you do.
On different teams. You know that too. He might win one more with yet another different team.

The only "unwordly" thing around here is your fanbase's psychosis with any guy saying that someone else is better than ujiri.
Well deal with it.
West is better, more proven and universally acknowledged. You can debate with the wall if you want to but that won't change history.

He didnā€™t do jack **** with the Grizzlies. He literally just bailed after a 22-60 season.

What do you mean it was only Curry? You certainly donā€™t mean unanimous MVP and possibly greatest offensive season of all time Steph Curry? Thatā€™s kind of a big **** deal. Plus blocking the Love trade, the Warriors potentially stilI would have won with Love. Youā€™re acting like Klay is some superstar and Love sucks (news flash, Love helped LBJ beat those same warriors).

What he has done in LAC, if he had tried it in Memphis it wouldā€™ve failed. PG and Kawhi never would have ever came there. He only came to the Clippers because itā€™s LA, and he didnā€™t go to the Lakers because of LBJ.

I never even mentioned Ujiris name in my post, so Iā€™m not sure why youā€™re going off the rails about Masai. Plus, Masaiā€™s resume in Denver is so much more than Westā€™s in Memphis. You bring up the Griffin trade but somehow have forgotten the Melo and Kawhi trades? The Gay trade? The Bargnani trade? Like cmon man stop ignoring things.

Masai in LA would be an absolute **** force. Imagine if those LA teams right now had drafted a Siakam, or found a FVV, or a Terence Davis. Like Iā€™m not saying Ujiri is better than West, all Iā€™m saying is this Jerry West circle jerk is out of control.

Would +100 if I could. Also, because you won't say it and I don't mind taking flak on the GB, Masai is better than Jerry West at running an organization.

It's not even remotely close.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#76 » by jimmy keys » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:02 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
KGtabake wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Itā€™s unworldly.

Well deal with it.

West is probably the best ever and Masai is probably the best now, but why knock his time in Memphis? Do you remember watching West at the 2003 draft lottery when he missed out on Lebron by one slot? And it was Lebron or nothing, not like he got the chance to draft Melo, Wade or Bosh and took Darko. Nor did he trade that pick.

Over 6 decades of excellence as a player and GM, West deserves all the credit he gets and then some. Only one man is the logo.
Lala870
Starter
And1: 1,455

Post#77 » by Lala870 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:52 pm

Nobody would ever willingly choose toxic Toronto over LA. Especially a team like the clippers where they are a fresh slate without shadows of kobe / shaq undermining careers.

I would have made the same decision to sign with the Clippers.

Kawhi made the correct decision.
Al Harrington is my inspiration for weed entrepreneurship!
Lala870
Starter
And1: 1,455

Post#78 » by Lala870 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:59 pm

Optms wrote:Star players past and present would have killed for what he had in Toronto. And he dumps it just to chill at home. Kawhi might be just as big of a weasel as Durant.

In case you haven't been paying attention to free agency in the last couple decades almost every star player has elected to play for big market teams like NY, LA, MIAMI etc.

Some bounce around but the big time free agents almost always wind up in one of those markets.

Toronto does not fit the bill for a hot FA market
Al Harrington is my inspiration for weed entrepreneurship!
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,725

Post#79 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:01 pm

Lala870 wrote:Nobody would ever willingly choose toxic Toronto over LA. Especially a team like the clippers where they are a fresh slate without shadows of kobe / shaq undermining careers.

I would have made the same decision to sign with the Clippers.

Kawhi made the correct decision.

Isn't 20-30% of your state homeless people? That seems more toxic to me, at least the smell would be.

Maybe the people living in cars and on the beach isn't a problem for some people.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#80 » by DusterBuster » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:04 pm

He wanted to work in his hometown by family. If he wins some rings, that's just icing on the cake. His main concern was always family and being home, so there's nothing he's regretting.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll

Return to The General Board