Rank these players in terms of who you'd rather build around moving forward

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Re: Rank these players in terms of who you'd rather build around moving forward 

Post#41 » by bebopdeluxe » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:41 am

These lists are off the chain. Luka I get, and - as long as he can stay healthy - I get Zion. But putting 5-6 of the other guys on this list ahead of Simmons is insane. Leads the league in steals, 4th in assists (#1 in assisting on 3's, I believe - on a team that doesn't shoot them that much), and probably a 1st Team All-Defense lock. Dude has been shooting FT's at close to 75% the last 8-10 games to boot.

It is a JOKE that he is not starting on Sunday.
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,442

Post#42 » by Saint Lazarus » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:45 am

Doncic
Zion
Tatum
Simmons
Morant
Trae
JJJ
Mitchell
Fox
Booker
SGA
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#43 » by bondom34 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:48 am

Doncic
Zion
Simmons/Tatum (Historically I'm higher on Simmons but Tatum's been awesome this year too and always has)
Morant
Trae
Mitchell
Booker
JJJ
Fox
SGA

JJJ and the last 2 guards were probably toughest, and I question how much you can build around anyone after Morant and be really good, but think that's where I'd stand.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Hook_Em
Rookie
And1: 753

Post#44 » by Hook_Em » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:16 am

Zion
Doncic
Tatum
Booker
Simmons
Trae
Ja
Mitchell
Jackson
Fox
SGA

For the record I doubt any of them are capable of being the best player on a title team. Maybe Zion if he becomes a defense juggernaut.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#45 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:19 am

bebopdeluxe wrote:These lists are off the chain. Luka I get, and - as long as he can stay healthy - I get Zion. But putting 5-6 of the other guys on this list ahead of Simmons is insane. Leads the league in steals, 4th in assists (#1 in assisting on 3's, I believe - on a team that doesn't shoot them that much), and probably a 1st Team All-Defense lock. Dude has been shooting FT's at close to 75% the last 8-10 games to boot.

If you're using an 8 game sample of shooting free shots at nearly 75%...that is damning with faint priase. Don't really disagree with your other ponits, but many think his lack of shots is an achilles heel to large to overcome to be a real star.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
swe_suns
Veteran
And1: 561

Post#46 » by swe_suns » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:37 am

1. Zion
2. Doncic
3. Morant
4. Trae
5. Tatum
6. Booker
7. Shai
8. Fox
9. JJJ
999999999999. Ben "I refuse to shoot jumpers but I warm up shooting jumpers for no appearent reason even though I under no circumstances whatsoever will ever attempt one single jumper in my life" Simmons
swe_suns
Veteran
And1: 561

Post#47 » by swe_suns » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:41 am

bebopdeluxe wrote:These lists are off the chain. Luka I get, and - as long as he can stay healthy - I get Zion. But putting 5-6 of the other guys on this list ahead of Simmons is insane. Leads the league in steals, 4th in assists (#1 in assisting on 3's, I believe - on a team that doesn't shoot them that much), and probably a 1st Team All-Defense lock. Dude has been shooting FT's at close to 75% the last 8-10 games to boot.

Simmons is a disgrace to basketball. Even Shaq would shoot more. He is crippling his team on offense and they will never amount to anything in the playoffs unless the coach calls him out for this.
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,376

Post#48 » by robbie84 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:46 am

Luka
Zion
Trae
Tatum
Simmons
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
LuckyLeprechaun
Rookie
And1: 1,333

Post#49 » by LuckyLeprechaun » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:50 am

Complete players>flawed players.
TheSheriff
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,229

Post#50 » by TheSheriff » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:51 am

Black Jack wrote:Wow I guess I'm off the charts in my assessment of how great Zion can be. To me he's a GOAT level prospect who has shown he can be a top 5 all time player. Even with injury concerns to me taking any of the other guys above him is just flat out crazy.

I can see the Luka argument but to me...Zion looks like a skills guy who can give you that Harden type of ball dominating offensive chip AND he's uber athletic. History proves a guy like Jordan or LeBron that combines elite skills and athleticism is just going to give you another level of contention, for years.

Having any name other than Luka above Zion is flat out foolish to me. I think this is the type of thread that will look silly in a couple of years.

Zion might be the best of the group but right now it’s all potential. His NBA sample is way way too small. At some point, you take certainty of known NBA success over potential when building.

Like Emoni Bates might be a perennial MVP, but would take him over any of these guys. Obviously Zion has a higher floor than Bates, so I would take him over most of the guys on this list due to potential. But you hopefully get my point.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#51 » by Scott Hall » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:59 am

A guy that can't hit 3's in a 3 point revolution is gonna be overrated also not a great FT shooter and has
high TO's he'd rank near the bottom on my list.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#52 » by Tomjas » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:02 pm

People are massively underrating Simmons and overrating others

As an example, I suggest that you look at the recent Sixers - Grizzlies game

Nobody is taking Morant over Simmons
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#53 » by Prokorov » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:59 pm

clyde21 wrote:Devin Booker
Luka Doncic
De'Aaron Fox
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Jaren Jackson Jr.
Donovan Mitchell
Ja Morant
Ben Simmons
Jayson Tatum
Zion Williamson
Trae Young

JJJ
Morant
Simmons
Zion
Fox
Doncic
Tatum
Young
SGA
Mitchell
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#54 » by Soulyss » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:27 pm

Doncic - DUH
Tatum - He's backed up his potential in a big way, I see him being elite 2-way player long term.
Zion - In the second tier because I think his peak will be high, but serious Oden-level concerns around his health.
Ja - Looks like all of the things you look for in an Alpha PG.
Simmons - Since we're BUILDING around him, you can take his unique skill-set and make it work.
Mitchell - Same as Ja.
Booker - Defense too Flawed to be in the first two tiers
Trae - Defense too Flawed to be in the first two tiers
Fox - Can't seem to stay on the court, questions about shooting.
SGA - Good at lots of things, no elite parts to his game.
Jackson - Rebounds like a lazy PG
Soulyss
General Manager

Post#55 » by Soulyss » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:29 pm

Tomjas wrote:People are massively underrating Simmons and overrating others

As an example, I suggest that you look at the recent Sixers - Grizzlies game

Nobody is taking Morant over Simmons

I don't believe that is true, i think there are teams that would prefer to build around that ALPHA Dog PG mentality. But I believe both are in the same Tier (as far as building blocks) obviously Simmons has proven more to this point.
Soulyss
General Manager

Post#56 » by Soulyss » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:30 pm

Hook_Em wrote:Zion
Doncic
Tatum
Booker
Simmons
Trae
Ja
Mitchell
Jackson
Fox
SGA

For the record I doubt any of them are capable of being the best player on a title team. Maybe Zion if he becomes a defense juggernaut.

If you think Doncic can't be the best player on a team... uh... I don't know how to help you.
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,290

Post#57 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:03 pm

Luka Doncic
De'Aaron Fox
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Jaren Jackson Jr.
Donovan Mitchell
Ja Morant
Ben Simmons
Jayson Tatum
Zion Williamson
Trae Young

Luka
Zion
Morant
Simmons
Trae
Tatum
Mitchell
Fox
SGA
JJJ
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,974

Post#58 » by Richard4444 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:27 pm

1) Doncic - GOAT candidate
2) Tatum - dynamic and almost complete player
3) Zion - GOAT candidate with injury concerns
4) Trae - genius with defense concerns
5) Morant - fast, craft, great shooter point guard
6) JJJ - great dynamic Stretch big with great potential
7) Mitchell - 2 way High character Scorer dynamo
8) Booker - scorer dynamo
9) Fox - fast, but not great shooting point guard
10) Shae - great 2 way guard
11) Simmons - great player but his lack os shooting skills limits team construction.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
r0drig0lac
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,268

Post#59 » by r0drig0lac » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:51 pm

Zion Williamson
Trae Young/Luka Doncic Ben Simmons/Devin Booker Jayson Tatum/SGA Morant/Donovan Mitchell
Fox/JJJ
TheWitcher
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,195

Post#60 » by TheWitcher » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:07 pm

Luka Doncic
De'Aaron Fox
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Jaren Jackson Jr.
Donovan Mitchell
Ja Morant
Ben Simmons
Jayson Tatum
Zion Williamson
Trae Young