LeBron has the excuses ready for Sunday.

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,171

Re: LeBron has the excuses ready for Sunday. 

Post#41 » by PistolPeteJR » Sat Mar 7, 2020 8:32 pm

You’re allowing your bias to get in the way here, OP. What do you want him to say? “Yeah, they beat us. Good job on them. They’re a better team”?

That won’t and shouldn’t happen. On the contrary, if he were to say things of that nature, he’d get reamed, and rightfully so.
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,025

Post#42 » by RamonSessions7 » Sat Mar 7, 2020 8:34 pm

I’m all for Lebron bashing, but weird reach in a who cares situation.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#43 » by Dupp » Sat Mar 7, 2020 8:52 pm

Talk about make something out of nothing Clitsfan98
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#44 » by Forte IV » Sat Mar 7, 2020 8:57 pm

Why is this a thread? Im willing to bet good money the Lakers will win Sunday. Afternoon day light savings game.
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,805

Post#45 » by Beethoven » Sat Mar 7, 2020 9:08 pm

Usually I just disregard the op in threads such as these and reply w a simple "stupid thread " but ill give clipsfan the benefit of the doubt here as more than once I've agreed w him in the past during the kobe tragedy.

But yes lebron did make a sort of excuse for the first two games. But really. C'mon. A thread on it?
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#46 » by Cavsfansince84 » Sat Mar 7, 2020 9:16 pm

I feel bad for the people whose minds or emotions seem to be so easily swayed by the comments a pro athlete makes before or after they compete. Its like, we all know LeBron has been the center of the bb universe for the last 10-15 years. We're past the point where people need to be acting outraged over it though or anything he has to say short of genocide or something like that.
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,568

Post#47 » by homecourtloss » Sat Mar 7, 2020 9:17 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:What do you want him to say, they're a better team, we don't have a chance? This is nothing, all players talk like this.
No, I want him to keep it simple. They beat us twice and we are motivated to not let it happen again. The moral victories look pathetic coming from someone of his caliber. Like I said find a clip for me of Jordan doing this kind of stuff? Or even Kobe? To elite competitors a loss is a loss to learn from, there are no excuses or moral victories.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using RealGM mobile app

Have you been around ultra alpha competitors (business, sports, organizations, etc.)? They SHAPE EVERYTHING to fit THEIR vision of reality. They’re stubborn as ****, won’t ever admit anything, but that’s what makes them game changing, industry changing, society changing individuals. Internally, I’m sure the Lakers have doubts about certain things as does every team, but he’s not going to say that out loud for everyone.
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,568

Post#48 » by homecourtloss » Sat Mar 7, 2020 9:18 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28854970/lebron-james-helps-lakers-clinch-first-playoff-berth-2012-13

On Sunday, the Lakers will try to beat another title contender for the first time this season when they square off against their Staples Center hallway rivals -- the Clippers (43-19). The Clippers are surging, having won six straight games and are at full strength with a healthy roster. They beat the Lakers in the season opener without Paul George and again in their highly anticipated Christmas night showdown.

The third meeting between the two Los Angeles teams was postponed after Kobe Bryant's death, setting up Sunday's encounter as their third matchup this season.

"We know how well they've been playing as of late," James said. "They're at full strength. We're at full strength. And we look forward to the challenge to see how we can match up with them again. So, you know, the first game, we kind of threw that game out the window. It's the first game of the season. Who were we? Who were they? They had way more returning guys than we did [at that point]. We were still trying to figure out ourselves.

"And then the Christmas Day game, we didn't play to our capabilities. We played great in the first half and then the second half we let it kind of get away from us. So we just look forward to see if we can continue to play good basketball, no matter win, lose or draw."

LeBron as usual can't just own something straight up. Basically first loss is forgotten because it was a new team (Nevermind no PG, yes I realized they had no Kuzma or Rondo). Kuzma and Rondo are basically negative players this year, so having them out was a blessing probably.

Second loss is a classic "we beat ourselves" type deal. Admits they played well, then choked. Clippers held them to 3 points in the last 5 minutes. Maybe he can talk about how AD has 2 ppg in 4th quarters vs the Clippers? Then he hedges with basically saying win, loss or draw doesn't matter, just the effort does.

I can see Sunday going either way, but it's pathetic to me that time and time again the supposed 2nd best all time player has an excuse for each loss. Imagine Jordan or Kobe talking like this?

Where are the excuses for Sunday? I do don’t see those.
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
MetalFingaz
Starter
And1: 2,792

Post#49 » by MetalFingaz » Sat Mar 7, 2020 9:26 pm

ClipsFan is obviously quarantined at home and bored out of his mind. Y'all need to cut him some slack.
It's time for 5 refs.
The4thHorseman
Head Coach
And1: 4,384

Post#50 » by The4thHorseman » Sat Mar 7, 2020 9:28 pm

The Clippers are surging, having won six straight games and are at full strength with a healthy roster.

Funny how this had been said multiple times throughout the season, but if it were the 2nd of a B2B, Kawhi wouldn't be playing.

He's 100% healthy................................ except on days where B2B games are played :roll:
HoustonCougars
Sophomore
And1: 195

Post#51 » by HoustonCougars » Sat Mar 7, 2020 10:17 pm

I honestly love clips fans threads. They’re so rash and emotionally charged and get a rise out of other people.
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,705

Post#52 » by Quattro » Sat Mar 7, 2020 10:42 pm

xdrta+ wrote:What do you want him to say, they're a better team, we don't have a chance? This is nothing, all players talk like this.

I remember Jordan and Kobe saying stuff like this regularly.
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#53 » by Pennebaker » Sat Mar 7, 2020 10:42 pm

You're over-thinking this.

LeBron didn't say anything controversial or unusual. Don't tell me that you think the Lakers can't beat the Clippers in a basketball game. Of course they can. If they play well they can beat anyone.
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,694

Post#54 » by Benedict_Boozer » Sat Mar 7, 2020 10:48 pm

BigtimeNBAfan wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Comment this statement, ples

This is so embarrassing. Why is anyone a Kawhi Leonard fan?

Because he is the only real threat to Lebron, even in old age. Look at Skip Bayless, Kawhi shat on his team and he still had no choice but to hop on the Kawhi bandwagon to oppose Lebron.
bon
General Manager
And1: 13,395

Post#55 » by bon » Sat Mar 7, 2020 10:50 pm

Why would he need an excuse when they're going to win
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,694

Post#56 » by Benedict_Boozer » Sat Mar 7, 2020 10:52 pm

Btw OP maybe Lebron believes it? First game of the season is essentially meaningless, look at Minnesota and how they got off to a hot start only to suck as usual. Happens every year.

2nd game pretty sure he was coming off some type of injury, and they did blow what a 15pt lead?

End of the day none of these reg season games really matter. The clippers will have an extra day of rest for this one for example and didn’t just come off a tough game against the best team in the league, so even there it’s not really even. Gonna have to wait for the playoffs.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,505

Post#57 » by GSP » Sat Mar 7, 2020 10:52 pm

This wont age well

inb4 backfire
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,155

Post#58 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Mar 7, 2020 10:56 pm

He's a competitor. He's not going to roll over and say the Clippers are the better team or have their number.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Jables
Analyst
And1: 2,442

Post#59 » by Jables » Sat Mar 7, 2020 11:23 pm

This forum can't make up its mind, are the Bucks the team of the century or are the Clippers?
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,487

Post#60 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sat Mar 7, 2020 11:29 pm

homecourtloss wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28854970/lebron-james-helps-lakers-clinch-first-playoff-berth-2012-13

On Sunday, the Lakers will try to beat another title contender for the first time this season when they square off against their Staples Center hallway rivals -- the Clippers (43-19). The Clippers are surging, having won six straight games and are at full strength with a healthy roster. They beat the Lakers in the season opener without Paul George and again in their highly anticipated Christmas night showdown.

The third meeting between the two Los Angeles teams was postponed after Kobe Bryant's death, setting up Sunday's encounter as their third matchup this season.

"We know how well they've been playing as of late," James said. "They're at full strength. We're at full strength. And we look forward to the challenge to see how we can match up with them again. So, you know, the first game, we kind of threw that game out the window. It's the first game of the season. Who were we? Who were they? They had way more returning guys than we did [at that point]. We were still trying to figure out ourselves.

"And then the Christmas Day game, we didn't play to our capabilities. We played great in the first half and then the second half we let it kind of get away from us. So we just look forward to see if we can continue to play good basketball, no matter win, lose or draw."

LeBron as usual can't just own something straight up. Basically first loss is forgotten because it was a new team (Nevermind no PG, yes I realized they had no Kuzma or Rondo). Kuzma and Rondo are basically negative players this year, so having them out was a blessing probably.

Second loss is a classic "we beat ourselves" type deal. Admits they played well, then choked. Clippers held them to 3 points in the last 5 minutes. Maybe he can talk about how AD has 2 ppg in 4th quarters vs the Clippers? Then he hedges with basically saying win, loss or draw doesn't matter, just the effort does.

I can see Sunday going either way, but it's pathetic to me that time and time again the supposed 2nd best all time player has an excuse for each loss. Imagine Jordan or Kobe talking like this?

Where are the excuses for Sunday? I do don’t see those.
If he's making excuses for prior games, you know damn well what will happen if they lose Sunday

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using RealGM mobile app
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.

Return to The General Board