LeBron has the excuses ready for Sunday.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Re: LeBron has the excuses ready for Sunday. 

Post#81 » by iamworthy » Sun Mar 8, 2020 5:09 am

KyRo23 wrote:
thebigbird wrote:You're better than this Clipsfan.

:lol:
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,285

Post#82 » by Jedi32 » Sun Mar 8, 2020 9:32 am

LesGrossman wrote:The bron bandwagoners need to make up their minds. Just one thread away they claim the milwaukee game was so important that it changed the MVP race. Here they say every game is the same (of course, that tune will drastically change if the Lakers happen to win). The only man who is consistent is Kawhi and all he does is talking facts. The reason he is being badmouthed so desperately is that he wont allow any of that noise to get to him. Whine and moan as you will, he will come for you and your idol, and again take all away from him.

:crazy:
freethedevil
Head Coach
And1: 3,230

Post#83 » by freethedevil » Sun Mar 8, 2020 9:50 am

Statlanta wrote:This is a bait thread for LeBron and Laker fans.

Both teams will be fully healthy and rested on Sunday.

No excuses for either team.

Excuses for what. H2H has never predicted playoff success well.

You know what has?

SRS.

You know whose full strength, and >, 500 srs is higher? The lakers.

Clipper truthers keep trying to make it about meaningless sample sizes. You know why?

Because the clippers aren't as good about the Lakers

On Sunday, the Lakers will try to beat another title contender for the first time this season when they square off against their Staples Center hallway rivals -- the Clippers (43-19). The Clippers are surging, having won six straight games and are at full strength with a healthy roster. They beat the Lakers in the season opener without Paul George and again in their highly anticipated Christmas night showdown.

The bulls swept the heat in 2011. Guess who went to the finals. (it wasn't d-rose)
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,379

Post#84 » by robbie84 » Sun Mar 8, 2020 10:36 am

Waaahhhhhh OP did he hurt your feelings?
Talk about reading into things too deeply lol.
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
xinxin
Sixth Man
And1: 1,371

LeBron has the excuses ready for Sunday. 

Post#85 » by xinxin » Sun Mar 8, 2020 11:07 am

...On the other hand, the clippers have had the best built in excuse all year: who cares about the regular season, right?

This load management crap is to better prep the clips for the playoffs. Or your team only plays for the playoffs.

... Talking as if the Clippers are in the middle of some NBA dynasty.. arrogant AF..

Win a ring first then you can gloat..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Baski
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,950

Post#86 » by Baski » Sun Mar 8, 2020 12:03 pm

Dupp wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Dupp wrote:Talk about make something out of nothing Clitsfan98
Hey at least you don't have to worry about me jumping all over the place with different bandwagons like you do, so you can keep using that nickname.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using RealGM mobile app

I’ve literally been a bucks fan since birth.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry couldn't resist
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#87 » by Gooner » Sun Mar 8, 2020 12:10 pm

He always makes excuses. He was "injured" in the Christmas game.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#88 » by NippySudz » Sun Mar 8, 2020 12:17 pm

The man blamed his groin after he hopped on Kevin Hart's lap and went on to play the next game(but sat one after that)

He doesn't take losing to kawhi kindly

But hey Paul George is a sore loser too. It's either "home cooking" or throwing his teammates under the bus(cj Miles)

So both sides will probably have an excuse. One coming from James and one probably come from PG.

Good luck to both teams today. I'm rooting for the clippers.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#89 » by NippySudz » Sun Mar 8, 2020 12:19 pm

Statlanta wrote:This is a bait thread for LeBron and Laker fans.

Both teams will be fully healthy and rested on Sunday.

No excuses for either team.
Daylight savings time. Playing basketball at 11:30 instead of 12:30. Lol

Richfield
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,234

Post#90 » by Richfield » Sun Mar 8, 2020 12:21 pm

He builds excuses in as he goes. It helps the narrative that he is great, and anything that goes wrong is on others, the "not enough help" narrative. He's smart enough to talk about it in a smart way, like maybe turning it into another point, but definitely pointing it out.

I think the one I noticed this morning on the radio (maybe already mentioned in this thread) is about the playoffs, and how Kuz and AD have no/limited playoff experience. Something about they're getting ready for the playoffs, and just has to add in those guys lack of playoff experience. Of course it's true, and he can say that, and he can spin it that that's the focus right now, getting them ready (what a great idea). But he is also throwing them under the bus, lowering their worth, and reminding the opposition that his team has these weaknesses. I don't see how it's helpful to say that to the media, other than the continuous branding that he is King, and anything less than a title is on other guys, not enough help/experience, nothing is on him.

Been watching him operate this way almost his whole career. It also helps his MVP case that he's playing with incompetent guys who he has to "teach" how to win. Sick of it tbh, make it hard for me to like the guy. Heck of a basketball talent though.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#91 » by NippySudz » Sun Mar 8, 2020 12:22 pm

lakerz12 wrote:There's nothing really wrong with his comments.

His job is not to make you happy with his comments or to be totally objective.

There's a term called "explanatory style" in psychology. In order to retain optimism and peak performance, it's good to explain away bad events as being temporary and not your fault. Otherwise you risk going into a pessimistic mindset and may reduce your performance.

So his explanation is obviously bias and in favor of his team. That's how it's supposed to be! He plays for the Lakers.

Also saying "So we just look forward to see if we can continue to play good basketball, no matter win, lose or draw" - - - has some good truth to it. Especially during the regular season where this Win or Loss is not that consequential. It's what John Wooden taught - - - play well and leave it all on the floor. The results will take care of themselves.
Good point. Never thought of it that way. I just would have accepted it as a loss and move on but this is a good message for the lockeroom. Instills confidence especially coming off that bucks win. He's a leader so he knows what he's doing and how to inspire his guys.

Good insight.

Paul George on the other hand..he's just a sore loser lol.

NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#92 » by NippySudz » Sun Mar 8, 2020 12:28 pm

Richfield wrote:He builds excuses in as he goes. It helps the narrative that he is great, and anything that goes wrong is on others, the "not enough help" narrative. He's smart enough to talk about it in a smart way, like maybe turning it into another point, but definitely pointing it out.

I think the one I noticed this morning on the radio (maybe already mentioned in this thread) is about the playoffs, and how Kuz and AD have no/limited playoff experience. Something about they're getting ready for the playoffs, and just has to add in those guys lack of playoff experience. Of course it's true, and he can say that, and he can spin it that that's the focus right now, getting them ready (what a great idea). But he is also throwing them under the bus, lowering their worth, and reminding the opposition that his team has these weaknesses. I don't see how it's helpful to say that to the media, other than the continuous branding that he is King, and anything less than a title is on other guys, not enough help/experience, nothing is on him.

Been watching him operate this way almost his whole career. It also helps his MVP case that he's playing with incompetent guys who he has to "teach" how to win. Sick of it tbh, make it hard for me to like the guy. Heck of a basketball talent though.
I love LeBron. I love watching him play but yes he's very savy. He injured his hand in game 1 of the 2017 finals, never wore any type of cast or wrap until they got swept.

I thought that was weak. He didn't need all that, I thought he played great but GSW with four Hof is really hard to beat.

But yes he does this from time to time but like one poster said he's looking at this optimistically. Which isn't a bad thing to do.

It would be inexcusable if they lose in the WCF/ finals and there's no serious injury and he makes up an excuse. This is minor

lamscott
Analyst
And1: 3,036

Post#93 » by lamscott » Sun Mar 8, 2020 3:55 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28854970/lebron-james-helps-lakers-clinch-first-playoff-berth-2012-13

On Sunday, the Lakers will try to beat another title contender for the first time this season when they square off against their Staples Center hallway rivals -- the Clippers (43-19). The Clippers are surging, having won six straight games and are at full strength with a healthy roster. They beat the Lakers in the season opener without Paul George and again in their highly anticipated Christmas night showdown.

The third meeting between the two Los Angeles teams was postponed after Kobe Bryant's death, setting up Sunday's encounter as their third matchup this season.

"We know how well they've been playing as of late," James said. "They're at full strength. We're at full strength. And we look forward to the challenge to see how we can match up with them again. So, you know, the first game, we kind of threw that game out the window. It's the first game of the season. Who were we? Who were they? They had way more returning guys than we did [at that point]. We were still trying to figure out ourselves.

"And then the Christmas Day game, we didn't play to our capabilities. We played great in the first half and then the second half we let it kind of get away from us. So we just look forward to see if we can continue to play good basketball, no matter win, lose or draw."

LeBron as usual can't just own something straight up. Basically first loss is forgotten because it was a new team (Nevermind no PG, yes I realized they had no Kuzma or Rondo). Kuzma and Rondo are basically negative players this year, so having them out was a blessing probably.

Second loss is a classic "we beat ourselves" type deal. Admits they played well, then choked. Clippers held them to 3 points in the last 5 minutes. Maybe he can talk about how AD has 2 ppg in 4th quarters vs the Clippers? Then he hedges with basically saying win, loss or draw doesn't matter, just the effort does.

I can see Sunday going either way, but it's pathetic to me that time and time again the supposed 2nd best all time player has an excuse for each loss. Imagine Jordan or Kobe talking like this?

Lol. Act like you've won before and relaxxxxxxxxxxxx....... Laker fans be embarassed for Clipper fans for this kind of ****. Lol. You all be projecting your insecurities about never winning anything.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,311

Post#94 » by DrCoach » Sun Mar 8, 2020 4:07 pm

Ummmm, didn’t the Lakers beat the best team in the League already ?
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#95 » by Gooner » Sun Mar 8, 2020 4:09 pm

He is a walking excuse.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,759

Post#96 » by GSP » Sun Mar 8, 2020 9:52 pm

GSP wrote:This wont age well

inb4 backfire

Called it :lol: :lol: :lol:
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,357

Post#97 » by tdotrep2 » Sun Mar 8, 2020 10:12 pm

im just here for the and-1's
bellabiyel
Pro Prospect
And1: 743

Post#98 » by bellabiyel » Sun Mar 8, 2020 10:13 pm

clipsfan whats the excuses for kawhi now???
AUSTHIM REAVES
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,170

Post#99 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sun Mar 8, 2020 10:14 pm

Excuses excuses excuses... . Mama, there goes that man!
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach
And1: 5,726

Post#100 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Sun Mar 8, 2020 10:14 pm

Any chance we know what those excuses would have been? I didn’t get to hear them

Return to The General Board