The Bradley Beal disrespect is over

Moderators: PockyCandy, Prez, ken6199, bwgood77, Dirk, Domejandro, jamaalstar21, zimpy27, BombsquadSammy, GeorgeMarcus

Shoe
Pro Prospect
Posts: 925
And1: 724
Joined: Nov 06, 2017
 

The Bradley Beal disrespect is over 

Post#1 » by Shoe » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:07 pm

Read on Twitter


No all-star, likely no all nba. People want to say he's a bad defender when 3 other starters were in the bottom 10 metrics IT, Rui, Bryant - people really think a guard has the power to transform a teams weak side defense and rim protection? Now people say CP3 and Lowry deserve accolades ahead of him because of winning while ignoring SGA, Steven Adams, Gallinari, Schroeder + Siakam, Ibaka, Gasol. It's a team game.

It's time to apologize to Beal and Wizards fans.
User avatar
Wonka
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,205
And1: 2,111
Joined: Aug 19, 2012
 

Re: The Bradley Beal disrespect is over 

Post#2 » by Wonka » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:08 pm

lol

Beal is good

How many games did they win in that stretch?
User avatar
eminence
Head Coach
Posts: 7,211
And1: 4,003
Joined: Mar 07, 2015
 

Re: The Bradley Beal disrespect is over 

Post#3 » by eminence » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:10 pm

Wonka wrote:lol

Beal is good

How many games did they win in that stretch?


They actually went 10-12 over that stretch, which is not half bad.
'17-'18 APBR Win Projections Champion (1st of 20)
'18-'19 5th of 18
User avatar
Wonka
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,205
And1: 2,111
Joined: Aug 19, 2012
 

Re: The Bradley Beal disrespect is over 

Post#4 » by Wonka » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:16 pm

eminence wrote:
Wonka wrote:lol

Beal is good

How many games did they win in that stretch?


They actually went 10-12 over that stretch, which is not half bad.


I was genuinely interested. Those numbers will win you a few games.

Nope not at all. That’s good enough for a 7 or 8 spot in the East if you stretch that play over a full season.

Beal is a good player and he’s really fun to watch, but he’s never going to be the type of player who can carry a team to a Finals or even a Conference Finals birth.
User avatar
Scalabrine
RealGM
Posts: 14,327
And1: 4,520
Joined: Jun 02, 2004
Location: NorCal
     

Re: The Bradley Beal disrespect is over 

Post#5 » by Scalabrine » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:29 pm

Wonka wrote:
eminence wrote:
Wonka wrote:lol

Beal is good

How many games did they win in that stretch?


They actually went 10-12 over that stretch, which is not half bad.


I was genuinely interested. Those numbers will win you a few games.

Nope not at all. That’s good enough for a 7 or 8 spot in the East if you stretch that play over a full season.

Beal is a good player and he’s really fun to watch, but he’s never going to be the type of player who can carry a team to a Finals or even a Conference Finals birth.


I dont think any player can anymore.

LeBron missed the playoffs all-together last year with no other All-Star level players. Its very tough to even get into the playoffs by yourself now-a-days. When was the last time a player won a playoff series as the only All-Star level player?
Go Knicks!
User avatar
Wonka
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,205
And1: 2,111
Joined: Aug 19, 2012
 

Re: The Bradley Beal disrespect is over 

Post#6 » by Wonka » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:36 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
Wonka wrote:
eminence wrote:
They actually went 10-12 over that stretch, which is not half bad.


I was genuinely interested. Those numbers will win you a few games.

Nope not at all. That’s good enough for a 7 or 8 spot in the East if you stretch that play over a full season.

Beal is a good player and he’s really fun to watch, but he’s never going to be the type of player who can carry a team to a Finals or even a Conference Finals birth.


I dont think any player can anymore.

LeBron missed the playoffs all-together last year with no other All-Star level players. Its very tough to even get into the playoffs by yourself now-a-days. When was the last time a player won a playoff series as the only All-Star level player?


It definitely is rare and increasingly so. LeBron did it early in his career, Wade did it, Dirk did it, Kobe did it, some would say Lillard is the only All-Star caliber Blazer for years now. You honestly have to be a Hall of Fame level player to accomplish that type of feat.
User avatar
Scalabrine
RealGM
Posts: 14,327
And1: 4,520
Joined: Jun 02, 2004
Location: NorCal
     

Re: The Bradley Beal disrespect is over 

Post#7 » by Scalabrine » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:54 pm

Wonka wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
Wonka wrote:
I was genuinely interested. Those numbers will win you a few games.

Nope not at all. That’s good enough for a 7 or 8 spot in the East if you stretch that play over a full season.

Beal is a good player and he’s really fun to watch, but he’s never going to be the type of player who can carry a team to a Finals or even a Conference Finals birth.


I dont think any player can anymore.

LeBron missed the playoffs all-together last year with no other All-Star level players. Its very tough to even get into the playoffs by yourself now-a-days. When was the last time a player won a playoff series as the only All-Star level player?


It definitely is rare and increasingly so. LeBron did it early in his career, Wade did it, Dirk did it, Kobe did it, some would say Lillard is the only All-Star caliber Blazer for years now. You honestly have to be a Hall of Fame level player to accomplish that type of feat.


Melo did it too :D

edit: also while technically true on Lillard, McCollum has averaged 22/4/4 over the past 4 years. He's as close to an All-Star as it gets, the West is just so stacked at that spot.

edit again: Between the time that Shaq left LAL and Pau was brought in (3 seasons) Kobe's Lakers didn't get out of the first round and then missed the playoffs altogether one season.
Go Knicks!
User avatar
Mighty Quinn
Senior
Posts: 719
And1: 344
Joined: Jan 05, 2012

Re: The Bradley Beal disrespect is over 

Post#8 » by Mighty Quinn » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:32 pm

Bradley Treadmill could use a better coach and cast around him. Still doesn't make up for the lost potential.
User avatar
bisme37
Veteran
Posts: 2,692
And1: 6,433
Joined: May 24, 2014
 

Re: The Bradley Beal disrespect is over 

Post#9 » by bisme37 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:36 pm

... nm
jlokine
Starter
Posts: 2,494
And1: 2,377
Joined: Jun 08, 2013
     

Re: The Bradley Beal disrespect is over 

Post#10 » by jlokine » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:41 pm

sooo is it safe to have a booker and beal comparison? all-worldly scorer, questionable impact on winning? granted, wizards might be a different team with wall on it..
KokoKaizer
Pro Prospect
Posts: 825
And1: 668
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
Location: Lille, France
   

Re: The Bradley Beal disrespect is over 

Post#11 » by KokoKaizer » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:48 pm

Shoe wrote:
Read on Twitter


No all-star, likely no all nba. People want to say he's a bad defender when 3 other starters were in the bottom 10 metrics IT, Rui, Bryant - people really think a guard has the power to transform a teams weak side defense and rim protection? Now people say CP3 and Lowry deserve accolades ahead of him because of winning while ignoring SGA, Steven Adams, Gallinari, Schroeder + Siakam, Ibaka, Gasol. It's a team game.

It's time to apologize to Beal and Wizards fans.


Great run by Bradley!

On a side note, I will never understand the need for crappy music on a video about basketball
User avatar
First Step
Analyst
Posts: 3,732
And1: 6,948
Joined: Jan 18, 2010
 

Re: The Bradley Beal disrespect is over 

Post#12 » by First Step » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:54 pm

Same reason Karl Anthony Towns doesn't get much respect as a baller either. Although I do like Beal... But as of right now he's not putting those numbers up while leading his team to Ws. He would get recognized then.
User avatar
miamiheat319
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,431
And1: 2,729
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
Location: The Moon
   

Re: The Bradley Beal disrespect is over 

Post#13 » by miamiheat319 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:37 pm

KokoKaizer wrote:
Shoe wrote:
Read on Twitter


No all-star, likely no all nba. People want to say he's a bad defender when 3 other starters were in the bottom 10 metrics IT, Rui, Bryant - people really think a guard has the power to transform a teams weak side defense and rim protection? Now people say CP3 and Lowry deserve accolades ahead of him because of winning while ignoring SGA, Steven Adams, Gallinari, Schroeder + Siakam, Ibaka, Gasol. It's a team game.

It's time to apologize to Beal and Wizards fans.


Great run by Bradley!

On a side note, I will never understand the need for crappy music on a video about basketball

Not to turn this into a music thread, but come on Roddy Ricch is fantastic. I agree about not understanding why they need to put the music over the video because I also think that's dumb, but Roddy's music is far from crappy.
Proud owner of over 200 NBA jerseys

Heat fan first, former Wolves watcher second
KokoKaizer
Pro Prospect
Posts: 825
And1: 668
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
Location: Lille, France
   

Re: The Bradley Beal disrespect is over 

Post#14 » by KokoKaizer » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:44 pm

miamiheat319 wrote:
KokoKaizer wrote:
Shoe wrote:
Read on Twitter


No all-star, likely no all nba. People want to say he's a bad defender when 3 other starters were in the bottom 10 metrics IT, Rui, Bryant - people really think a guard has the power to transform a teams weak side defense and rim protection? Now people say CP3 and Lowry deserve accolades ahead of him because of winning while ignoring SGA, Steven Adams, Gallinari, Schroeder + Siakam, Ibaka, Gasol. It's a team game.

It's time to apologize to Beal and Wizards fans.


Great run by Bradley!

On a side note, I will never understand the need for crappy music on a video about basketball

Not to turn this into a music thread, but come on Roddy Ricch is fantastic. I agree about not understanding why they need to put the music over the video because I also think that's dumb, but Roddy's music is far from crappy.


I don't even know who he is sorry, not interested ;)
User avatar
islanders11040
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,793
And1: 5,307
Joined: Jun 16, 2008
Location: New York
       

Re: The Bradley Beal disrespect is over 

Post#15 » by islanders11040 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:00 pm

nah, the disrespect will be over once he is traded for a low ball offer and the wizards get screwed over. then he will be respected :)
Flash Falcon X
Head Coach
Posts: 7,382
And1: 3,150
Joined: Oct 19, 2010
 

Re: The Bradley Beal disrespect is over 

Post#16 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:20 pm

Wonka wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
Wonka wrote:
I was genuinely interested. Those numbers will win you a few games.

Nope not at all. That’s good enough for a 7 or 8 spot in the East if you stretch that play over a full season.

Beal is a good player and he’s really fun to watch, but he’s never going to be the type of player who can carry a team to a Finals or even a Conference Finals birth.


I dont think any player can anymore.

LeBron missed the playoffs all-together last year with no other All-Star level players. Its very tough to even get into the playoffs by yourself now-a-days. When was the last time a player won a playoff series as the only All-Star level player?


It definitely is rare and increasingly so. LeBron did it early in his career, Wade did it, Dirk did it, Kobe did it, some would say Lillard is the only All-Star caliber Blazer for years now. You honestly have to be a Hall of Fame level player to accomplish that type of feat.


Lebron only did it early in his career because the East was garbage.

Dirk is the only guy in recent memory to really carry a team through a competitive conference all by himself.
#DubNation
MagicBagley18
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,535
And1: 6,452
Joined: Feb 15, 2019
   

Re: The Bradley Beal disrespect is over 

Post#17 » by MagicBagley18 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:33 pm

real good player. when these numbers correlate to wins, then the disrespect will stop
User avatar
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
Posts: 11,273
And1: 15,002
Joined: Jan 05, 2015
Location: St James' Park
     

Re: The Bradley Beal disrespect is over 

Post#18 » by ken6199 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:35 pm

I can understand Beal not making all-star in the West but in the East he should have made it.

Washington players did get disrespected over time because people think oh that team is bad so everyone must be bad. It took Wall all these years to get his first all NBA selection (3rd team) in 2017 and that was his 4th year in a row making the all star game.

Beal should have been on all NBA team last year.
COVID-19 tracking spreadsheet.
User avatar
Scalabrine
RealGM
Posts: 14,327
And1: 4,520
Joined: Jun 02, 2004
Location: NorCal
     

Re: The Bradley Beal disrespect is over 

Post#19 » by Scalabrine » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:44 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:real good player. when these numbers correlate to wins, then the disrespect will stop


No player can put up wins on their own in this competitive league. Every team in the playoffs have two star level players. Who is the second best player on the Wizards?
Go Knicks!
User avatar
niQ
RealGM
Posts: 12,542
And1: 23,358
Joined: Jun 14, 2011

Re: The Bradley Beal disrespect is over 

Post#20 » by niQ » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:47 pm

You could say he shoe'd have been a shoe-in for the All-star game.

I'll shoe myself out.
Image
Credits Clutch0z24

Return to The General Board