Who is the best NBA Player in the world right now?

Moderators: PockyCandy, Prez, ken6199, bwgood77, Dirk, Domejandro, jamaalstar21, zimpy27, BombsquadSammy, GeorgeMarcus

Who right now is the leagues best NBA Player

Lebron James
69
33%
Kawhi
41
20%
KD (When healthy)
21
10%
Other
79
38%
 
Total votes: 210

Jazztop
Pro Prospect
Posts: 955
And1: 796
Joined: Jan 11, 2018
     

Re: Who is the best NBA Player in the world right now? 

Post#21 » by Jazztop » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:52 pm

Drygon wrote:Kawhi until someone dethrones him in playoffs.

He was better than LeBron, KD, Curry etc. back in playoffs 2017 & 2019.

Myth wrote:Ridiculous to not include the reigning MVP who was on track for a 2nd in a row MVP.


Regular season accomplishments is overrated.

LeBron hasn't won an MVP-award since 2013 and he was still NBA's best player for years (until Kawhi surpassed him).

Totally this. To be the champ you gotta beat the champ and even the KD lead warriors only chance against Kawhi was to Pa-cheapshot him out of the series.

This guy elevates in the playoffs.
mademan
RealGM
Posts: 16,926
And1: 13,992
Joined: Feb 18, 2010

Re: Who is the best NBA Player in the world right now? 

Post#22 » by mademan » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:06 pm

Id still take Lebron for a series. Sucks tho he might not get a chance at the 2020 chip. At his age, he can fall off any minute.
User avatar
Pennebaker
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,121
And1: 3,199
Joined: Nov 02, 2013

Re: Who is the best NBA Player in the world right now? 

Post#23 » by Pennebaker » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:34 am

You already know it's LeBron.

Giannis and Kawhi are not talented enough to compete with him.
Image
User avatar
Harry Garris
Starter
Posts: 2,298
And1: 2,829
Joined: Jul 12, 2017
     

Re: Who is the best NBA Player in the world right now? 

Post#24 » by Harry Garris » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:10 am

KGtabake wrote:
Drygon wrote:
Myth wrote:Ridiculous to not include the reigning MVP who was on track for a 2nd in a row MVP.


Regular season accomplishments is overrated.

LeBron hasn't won an MVP-award since 2013 and he was still NBA's best player for years (until Kawhi surpassed him).


For me KD surpassed him before Kawhi. Still, not including Giannis and make it seem like it's obvious that these 3 are the obvious choices was a bad look(for the record i have all of KD, kawhi, LeBron above Giannis on my list).
Poll results reflect this.


I think how poorly the Warriors performed whenever Curry was out despite the fact that KD was still playing with 2 other all stars makes it hard to evaluate him. Sure, he was the best performer on the Warriors during their 2 finals wins. But if the reason why he was so successful was because of the other top 3 player on his team making things easier for him, how much credit does KD get for that?
Image
Myth
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,232
And1: 2,169
Joined: Oct 01, 2008
   

Re: Who is the best NBA Player in the world right now? 

Post#25 » by Myth » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:20 am

Jazztop wrote:
Drygon wrote:Kawhi until someone dethrones him in playoffs.

He was better than LeBron, KD, Curry etc. back in playoffs 2017 & 2019.

Myth wrote:Ridiculous to not include the reigning MVP who was on track for a 2nd in a row MVP.


Regular season accomplishments is overrated.

LeBron hasn't won an MVP-award since 2013 and he was still NBA's best player for years (until Kawhi surpassed him).

Totally this. To be the champ you gotta beat the champ and even the KD lead warriors only chance against Kawhi was to Pa-cheapshot him out of the series.

This guy elevates in the playoffs.

It is one thing to have somebody over Giannis, but it is absurd to leave Giannis out of the conversation.
User avatar
levon
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,594
And1: 8,828
Joined: Aug 04, 2017

Re: Who is the best NBA Player in the world right now? 

Post#26 » by levon » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:33 am

Lebron has basically mastered basketball outside of a consistent mid-range and free throw.
freethedevil
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,457
And1: 2,591
Joined: Dec 09, 2018
         

Re: Who is the best NBA Player in the world right now? 

Post#27 » by freethedevil » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:42 am

Drygon wrote:Kawhi until someone dethrones him in playoffs.

He was better than LeBron, KD, Curry etc. back in playoffs 2017 & 2019.

Myth wrote:Ridiculous to not include the reigning MVP who was on track for a 2nd in a row MVP.


Regular season accomplishments is overrated.


KD went 6-4 in the first two rounds with Curry and Draymond. Giannis nearly won a title with middleton and bledsoe. :-?
User avatar
Tracymcgoaty
Head Coach
Posts: 6,727
And1: 4,660
Joined: Dec 21, 2015
   

Re: Who is the best NBA Player in the world right now? 

Post#28 » by Tracymcgoaty » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:44 am

Rudy Gobert
“Listen man, thank you Kobe for giving me my roses while I’m still here on this earth,” McGrady said. “He was, listen, I came in, I used to stay at this man’s house. I just knew how gifted he was gonna be, And he just brought the best out of me.
User avatar
KGtabake
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,788
And1: 1,904
Joined: Jan 28, 2019
   

Re: Who is the best NBA Player in the world right now? 

Post#29 » by KGtabake » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:07 am

Drygon wrote:
KGtabake wrote:
Drygon wrote:
Regular season accomplishments is overrated.

LeBron hasn't won an MVP-award since 2013 and he was still NBA's best player for years (until Kawhi surpassed him).


For me KD surpassed him before Kawhi. Still, not including Giannis and make it seem like it's obvious that these 3 are the obvious choices was a bad look(for the record i have all of KD, kawhi, LeBron above Giannis on my list).
Poll results reflect this.


Nobody rated KD ahead of LeBron during playoffs 2017 & 2018 due to playing with a historically stacked deck. The Cavs were double/triple teaming Curry who was more impactful than KD ever was in GSW. There's a reason his stats & accomplishments are consistently being disrespected.

It's kinda hypocritical to suddenly prop up KD against Kawhi who is easily a better all-around player than KD.

Never mind that Kawhi had brought a Championship with less talent around him compared to KD in GSW.



Nobody? You're wrong on this one. There were people back then, there are people now.
There's nothing hypocritical on an opinion on a basketball forum.
And no, Kawhi isn't easily a better all around player than KD.
KD proved in the GS years that he was also a very good defender and a better playmaker than people thought in his OKC years.
Leave aside the fact that on the few mins he played last season in the Finals, he was the better player on the court.
GOATs: Michael Jordan, Diego Maradona, Usain Bolt, Mike Tyson, Michael Phelps, Roger Federer, Aleksandr Karelin, Ayrton Senna
Gooner
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,587
And1: 4,249
Joined: Sep 02, 2018
   

Re: Who is the best NBA Player in the world right now? 

Post#30 » by Gooner » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:09 am

I like the fact that Giannis is not in the poll, that type of player can never be the best.
User avatar
KGtabake
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,788
And1: 1,904
Joined: Jan 28, 2019
   

Re: Who is the best NBA Player in the world right now? 

Post#31 » by KGtabake » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:11 am

Harry Garris wrote:
KGtabake wrote:
Drygon wrote:
Regular season accomplishments is overrated.

LeBron hasn't won an MVP-award since 2013 and he was still NBA's best player for years (until Kawhi surpassed him).


For me KD surpassed him before Kawhi. Still, not including Giannis and make it seem like it's obvious that these 3 are the obvious choices was a bad look(for the record i have all of KD, kawhi, LeBron above Giannis on my list).
Poll results reflect this.


I think how poorly the Warriors performed whenever Curry was out despite the fact that KD was still playing with 2 other all stars makes it hard to evaluate him. Sure, he was the best performer on the Warriors during their 2 finals wins. But if the reason why he was so successful was because of the other top 3 player on his team making things easier for him, how much credit does KD get for that?


Aside maybe Dirk every big player needed star help to get a ring.
MJ and Pippen, LeBron and Wade/Bosh or Kyrie(or now AD), Kawhi and Lowry etc.
When you are the best player on a court that has LeBron, Curry, Kyrie, Love, Thompson etc on it, it shows much imo
GOATs: Michael Jordan, Diego Maradona, Usain Bolt, Mike Tyson, Michael Phelps, Roger Federer, Aleksandr Karelin, Ayrton Senna
Gooner
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,587
And1: 4,249
Joined: Sep 02, 2018
   

Re: Who is the best NBA Player in the world right now? 

Post#32 » by Gooner » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:16 am

Harry Garris wrote:
KGtabake wrote:
Drygon wrote:
Regular season accomplishments is overrated.

LeBron hasn't won an MVP-award since 2013 and he was still NBA's best player for years (until Kawhi surpassed him).


For me KD surpassed him before Kawhi. Still, not including Giannis and make it seem like it's obvious that these 3 are the obvious choices was a bad look(for the record i have all of KD, kawhi, LeBron above Giannis on my list).
Poll results reflect this.


I think how poorly the Warriors performed whenever Curry was out despite the fact that KD was still playing with 2 other all stars makes it hard to evaluate him. Sure, he was the best performer on the Warriors during their 2 finals wins. But if the reason why he was so successful was because of the other top 3 player on his team making things easier for him, how much credit does KD get for that?


This is a team sport, teammates are supposed to make things easier for each other. KD came to a 73 win and made them better. That's not easy. KD as a leader can be questioned, but he is so good that he can be the best player even with those questions.
Hroz
Senior
Posts: 579
And1: 292
Joined: Apr 14, 2019
Contact:
   

Re: Who is the best NBA Player in the world right now? 

Post#33 » by Hroz » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:30 am

Lol at not including Giannis

But I got to go Kawhi
Gooner
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,587
And1: 4,249
Joined: Sep 02, 2018
   

Re: Who is the best NBA Player in the world right now? 

Post#34 » by Gooner » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:34 am

Pennebaker wrote:You already know it's LeBron.

Giannis and Kawhi are not talented enough to compete with him.


Kawhi is, he is a more complete player than LeBron. He has a better mid range game, post up game, dribble, free throw shooting, three point shot, and he can match him physically, even exceed him in some areas as he is younger. Kawhi is the best right now until proven otherwise. LeBron missed the playoffs last year even though he had a great chance in the last 2 months with Clippers trading Tobias Harris.
Triples333
Analyst
Posts: 3,452
And1: 3,335
Joined: Sep 05, 2016

Re: Who is the best NBA Player in the world right now? 

Post#35 » by Triples333 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:24 am

It's a debate (obviously). No clear best right now. Lebron, Curry, Kawhi and Giannis are the 4 front-runners though IMO.
svart
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,424
And1: 1,155
Joined: Jul 02, 2014
   

Re: Who is the best NBA Player in the world right now? 

Post#36 » by svart » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:03 pm

NY 567 wrote:Regular season- Giannis
Playoffs- LeBron


Spot on. Exactly like last year :lol:
dhsilv2
RealGM
Posts: 20,279
And1: 8,151
Joined: Oct 04, 2015

Re: Who is the best NBA Player in the world right now? 

Post#37 » by dhsilv2 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:06 pm

Jabroni Lames wrote:Giannis - his shooting is a fatal flaw in the playoffs and has never even been to the Finals. Could be just a product of Bud's system


Get out of here with THAT take! It's fine to question if he's got enough ways to adapt to different defenses, but "just a product of a system" is complete BS and you know it.
User avatar
Optms
RealGM
Posts: 14,847
And1: 6,513
Joined: Jun 11, 2009
 

Re: Who is the best NBA Player in the world right now? 

Post#38 » by Optms » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:25 pm

Pennebaker wrote:You already know it's LeBron.

Giannis and Kawhi are not talented enough to compete with him.


Kawhi is too fragile. And Giannis is the James Harden of the East. Completely agree.
NY 567
Veteran
Posts: 2,684
And1: 3,448
Joined: Dec 18, 2016

Re: Who is the best NBA Player in the world right now? 

Post#39 » by NY 567 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:24 pm

LeBron James was drafted into the NBA in 2003. 2003. And he's still the best player in the sport. The guy is just a phenom and a freak of nature.
tondi123
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,802
And1: 1,176
Joined: Dec 07, 2011

Re: Who is the best NBA Player in the world right now? 

Post#40 » by tondi123 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:14 pm

You can count on at least one bizarre Lebron fanboy thread every day.

Return to The General Board