if Chinese basketball assoc gets going...

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

would you watch CBA

yes, i would look it up to watch
17%
yes, if i come across it by chance (ie channel surfing if made available on cable)
13%
no, lame.
69%

Total votes: 163

kio80
Sixth Man
And1: 1,076

Post#41 » by kio80 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:44 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
kio80 wrote:
Optms wrote:
Not everything. Just this virus. And the resulting terrible things that have transpired because of this virus.

Pointing fingers and playing the blame game is pointless. It’s a disastrous situation and we can only pray for the affected and do what we can to prevent further outbreaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not pointless because if nothing changes it will just happen again. SARS happened because the Chinese ate a feral cat. This virus happened because the Chinese ate a bat or god knows what from an open market. How many Americans and people have to die around the world before we start holding China accountable?

They should be sued and forced to pay reparations to the victims families and all the civilized nations of the world should get together and set minimal standards of food safety and reporting mechanisms in the case of an outbreak. After World War I and World War II we didn't allow Germany to get off scott free we developed the UN. We had meetings with the big four in Dumbarton to decide a way forward where this could never be allowed to happen again.

That is what is needed now. For too long we have opened up our doors to countries with low environmental standards, low wages, and corrupt ineffectual governments in the name of globalization but what it is really about is giving access to companies so they can pay non-americans a fraction of the wages they would have to pay to produce the good here. How many people have to die to line these companies pockets? At what point do we isolate countries like China and tell them until you raise your standards we won't accept visitors from your country and we won't allow visits to your country?

That’s why you should always fact check before making a pointless argument, I have never heard of the feral cat thing, SARS originated from some kind of bird.
And that silly bat eating crap was actually not from China, and it was totally made up bs.

How silly is it to compare world war to a contagious virus spread that human beings had no control over.

You sir, reminded me very much of Darryl from South Park yelling “they took our jobs!”

spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,984

Re: if Chinese basketball assoc gets going... 

Post#42 » by spikeslovechild » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:53 pm

kio80 wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:
kio80 wrote:
Pointing fingers and playing the blame game is pointless. It’s a disastrous situation and we can only pray for the affected and do what we can to prevent further outbreaks.

It's not pointless because if nothing changes it will just happen again. SARS happened because the Chinese ate a feral cat. This virus happened because the Chinese ate a bat or god knows what from an open market. How many Americans and people have to die around the world before we start holding China accountable?

They should be sued and forced to pay reparations to the victims families and all the civilized nations of the world should get together and set minimal standards of food safety and reporting mechanisms in the case of an outbreak. After World War I and World War II we didn't allow Germany to get off scott free we developed the UN. We had meetings with the big four in Dumbarton to decide a way forward where this could never be allowed to happen again.

That is what is needed now. For too long we have opened up our doors to countries with low environmental standards, low wages, and corrupt ineffectual governments in the name of globalization but what it is really about is giving access to companies so they can pay non-americans a fraction of the wages they would have to pay to produce the good here. How many people have to die to line these companies pockets? At what point do we isolate countries like China and tell them until you raise your standards we won't accept visitors from your country and we won't allow visits to your country?

That’s why you should always fact check before making a pointless argument, I have never heard of the feral cat thing, SARS originated from some kind of bird.
And that silly bat eating crap was actually not from China, and it was totally made up bs.

How silly is it to compare world war to a contagious virus spread that human beings had no control over.

You sir, reminded me very much of Darryl from South Park telling “they took our jobs!”

SARS originated from eating feral civets. Google it. As far to this recent outbreak they haven't been able to trace the animal the most common theory that it was either a bat or an animal bit and infected by a bat.

That isn't even the point it doesn't matter what wild animal caused the outbreak the very fact that people are buying and consuming wild uninspected meat from these wet markets is the problem the fact that China has allowed it to continue to happen even after SARS shows a reckless disregard for not only their own people but the world community at large. They need to be held to account not only for the economic pain they have inflicted on the world but the untold future deaths to come. I pray the rest of the world can put aside their petty differences when this is all over and confront China and hold them to account for their actions

And that is not to say outbreaks don't happen even when proper precautions are taken or even in countries with high food standards they do. The Swine Flu is one example but you can't compare the two and pretend they are the same. It's like comparing two car accidents one where you got rear-ended on a sunny day from someone following too closely and another where someone was trying to be careful and slid into the back of your car after hitting a patch of ice in a snowstorm.
kio80
Sixth Man

Post#43 » by kio80 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:08 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
kio80 wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:

You sir, reminded me very much of Darryl from South Park telling “they took our jobs!”

SARS originated from eating feral civets. Google it. As far to this recent outbreak they haven't been able to trace the animal the most common theory that it was either a bat or an animal bit and infected by a bat.

That isn't even the point it doesn't matter what wild animal caused the outbreak the very fact that people are buying and consuming meat from these wet markets is the problem the fact that China has allowed it to continue to happen even after SARS shows a reckless disregard for not only their own people but the world community at large. They need to be held to account not only for the economic pain they have inflicted on the world but the untold future deaths to come. I pray the rest of the world can put aside their petty differences when this is all over and confront China and hold them to account for their actions

You are obviously entitled to your own opinion, if you think that China is the country to blame for a virus outbreak.
However, like I said earlier, pretty pointless to be finger pointing at this moment. If it was something that were initiated with bad intentions, then sure, that particular country should be penalized. It is a sad time for everyone, it’s also a crucial time to unite as human beings, stop with the racial discrimination and think logically moving forward.

Apologies for getting off topic, but for the CBA itself, I can’t imagine myself watching it. Standard is still very low, not fun watching a bunch of unknowns with subpar athleticism and basketball skills.

JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,569

Post#44 » by JayMKE » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:26 pm

No, I have no interest in CBA basketball and would not go out of my way to seek it out. I don't think China is going to be getting their league going any time soon despite if there are assertions otherwise but its more that it would be low quality ball from guys I never heard of/don't care about.
FREE GIANNIS
ADMVP
Rookie
And1: 817

Post#45 » by ADMVP » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:11 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
kio80 wrote:
Optms wrote:
Not everything. Just this virus. And the resulting terrible things that have transpired because of this virus.

It's not pointless because if nothing changes it will just happen again. SARS happened because the Chinese ate a feral cat. This virus happened because the Chinese ate a bat or god knows what from an open market. How many Americans and people have to die around the world before we start holding China accountable for their reckless behavior?

That is what is needed now. For too long we have opened up our doors to countries with low environmental standards, low wages, and corrupt ineffectual governments in the name of globalization but what it is really about is giving access to companies so they can pay non-americans a fraction of the wages they would have to pay to produce the good here. How many people have to die to line these companies pockets? At what point does the global community isolate countries like China and tell them until you raise your standards we won't accept visitors from your country and we won't allow visits to your country?
Should we begin listing America's atrocities?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#46 » by Rastas » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:54 pm

/\
Please don't
I really hate reading those extra extra long posts

Sent from my A5 using RealGM mobile app
Promezclan
Starter
And1: 948

Post#47 » by Promezclan » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:59 pm

If top NBA and Euroleague players start going over there because those leagues are shut down, it could get interesting.
jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Post#48 » by jlokine » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:08 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
kio80 wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:

That isn't even the point it doesn't matter what wild animal caused the outbreak the very fact that people are buying and consuming wild uninspected meat from these wet markets is the problem the fact that China has allowed it to continue to happen even after SARS shows a reckless disregard for not only their own people but the world community at large. They need to be held to account not only for the economic pain they have inflicted on the world but the untold future deaths to come. I pray the rest of the world can put aside their petty differences when this is all over and confront China and hold them to account for their actions

And that is not to say outbreaks don't happen even when proper precautions are taken or even in countries with high food standards they do. The Swine Flu is one example but you can't compare the two and pretend they are the same. It's like comparing two car accidents one where you got rear-ended on a sunny day from someone following too closely and another where someone was trying to be careful and slid into the back of your car after hitting a patch of ice in a snowstorm.

i just want to point out that sure you can blame china for originating it just as much as everyone will begin to point to the US for not putting an effort to end it. ppl partying, not social distancing, people carrying on like business as usual. cases in US has now surpassed china and italy. so keep pointing the finger at china that we're all in this mess, but if there was a second wave, it's kind of the on the US not taking it seriously.. you can keep up the hate on china, that's fine. the mess is now in our backyards, we really cant tell china to clean it up... so what are we going to do?
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,954

Post#49 » by Optms » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:49 pm

jlokine wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:
kio80 wrote:

i just want to point out that sure you can blame china for originating it just as much as everyone will begin to point to the US for not putting an effort to end it. ppl partying, not social distancing, people carrying on like business as usual. cases in US has now surpassed china and italy. so keep pointing the finger at china that we're all in this mess, but if there was a second wave, it's kind of the on the US not taking it seriously.. you can keep up the hate on china, that's fine. the mess is now in our backyards, we really cant tell china to clean it up... so what are we going to do?

:lol:

Who in their right mind would blame the US for "not putting enough effort to end it" when the US was one of the last hit places globally speaking? This mess began in China, from there on it spread through Asia and Europe before the first reports even hit the US. Only self loathing or anti-American individuals would even make such a ridiculous argument.

Personally, I'd rather not waste my time pointing the finger as its unproductive but when this is all over with - I echo the notion that the Chinese government can no longer sit back and allow these illegal animal markets to persist under their watch. And if they do, the rest of the nations can't let them do as they please.

The world is too interconnected now and one persons decision on one side of the globe to consume what ever they please with zero regulations on how that meat is consumed can lead to sickness and contagious disease on a global front. As is happening now. The rules need to change as the human species continues to expand. We're in the middle of a history lesson and I hope humanity learns from this.
dk1115
Sixth Man
And1: 925

Post#50 » by dk1115 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:01 pm

I have no problem watching G-League level play.
Saintsteven
Junior
And1: 549

Post#51 » by Saintsteven » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:10 am

spikeslovechild wrote:
kio80 wrote:
Optms wrote:

It's not pointless because if nothing changes it will just happen again. SARS happened because the Chinese ate a feral cat. This virus happened because the Chinese ate a bat or god knows what from an open market. How many Americans and people have to die around the world before we start holding China accountable for their reckless behavior?

That is what is needed now. For too long we have opened up our doors to countries with low environmental standards, low wages, and corrupt ineffectual governments in the name of globalization but what it is really about is giving access to companies so they can pay non-americans a fraction of the wages they would have to pay to produce the good here. How many people have to die to line these companies pockets? At what point does the global community isolate countries like China and tell them until you raise your standards we won't accept visitors from your country and we won't allow visits to your country?
Are you serious? Do you have even a sliver of an idea how many deaths and suffering American Military Intervention has caused around The Globe for DECADES? And your tax dollars directly fund it so maybe do some research before you have any idea of moral superiority as an American Citizen.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using RealGM mobile app
MugzZo
Sixth Man
And1: 902

Post#52 » by MugzZo » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:17 am

Hell no!!! F China and their bioterrorism on the globe.
ADMVP
Rookie
And1: 817

Post#53 » by ADMVP » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:54 am

Saintsteven wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:
kio80 wrote:

Are you serious? Do you have even a sliver of an idea how many deaths and suffering American Military Intervention has caused around The Globe for DECADES? And your tax dollars directly fund it so maybe do some research before you have any idea of moral superiority as an American Citizen.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using RealGM mobile app
People like this aren't interested in objective fact and instead rely on hypersensationalized media.

azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,251

Post#54 » by azcatz11 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:26 am

It's crazy how many china bots are in this forum...they emerge out of nowhere
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#55 » by goodboy » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:11 am

ADMVP wrote:No. F China.

Should be bolded and with large font
Bright
goodboy
RealGM

Post#56 » by goodboy » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:13 am

Joel Embust wrote:Rather watch a pigeon eat bread.

Lmao
Bright
kio80
Sixth Man

Post#57 » by kio80 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:14 am

azcatz11 wrote:It's crazy how many china bots are in this forum...they emerge out of nowhere

It’s crazy how many uneducated racist rednecks are in this forum.... they emerge out of nowhere

goodboy
RealGM

Post#58 » by goodboy » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:18 am

kio80 wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:
kio80 wrote:

That isn't even the point it doesn't matter what wild animal caused the outbreak the very fact that people are buying and consuming meat from these wet markets is the problem the fact that China has allowed it to continue to happen even after SARS shows a reckless disregard for not only their own people but the world community at large. They need to be held to account not only for the economic pain they have inflicted on the world but the untold future deaths to come. I pray the rest of the world can put aside their petty differences when this is all over and confront China and hold them to account for their actions

You are obviously entitled to your own opinion, if you think that China is the country to blame for a virus outbreak.
However, like I said earlier, pretty pointless to be finger pointing at this moment. If it was something that were initiated with bad intentions, then sure, that particular country should be penalized. It is a sad time for everyone, it’s also a crucial time to unite as human beings, stop with the racial discrimination and think logically moving forward.

Apologies for getting off topic, but for the CBA itself, I can’t imagine myself watching it. Standard is still very low, not fun watching a bunch of unknowns with subpar athleticism and basketball skills.

Its not an opinion my guy... Its a fact. Wtf are you spewing?
Bright
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,790

Post#59 » by RookieStar » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:30 am

oh great.. another chibot defender trying to twist facts? As a non-American, let me use a great meme. Sadly I'm too lazy to post it so ill make shortcut and say...

It came from CHIII-NNAAA
Salieri
Analyst
And1: 7,461

Post#60 » by Salieri » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:45 am

Thank Odin this was a bad thread that could be answered with a simple "no, as long as Euroleague exists", because you guys ruined it with your political crap and it's gonna get locked ASAP. Good job

Return to The General Board