Giannis wins next few championships. With which team?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Who will sign Giannis?

Milwaukee
33%
GSW
14%
Toronto
28%
Lakers
9%
Someone else
16%

Total votes: 221

MoochieNorris
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,443

Re: Giannis wins next few championships. With which team? 

Post#61 » by MoochieNorris » Mon May 25, 2020 4:42 am

go to miami and win 3 in a row. mog lebron and wade.
Bertrob
RealGM
And1: 8,821

Post#62 » by Bertrob » Mon May 25, 2020 4:59 am

It wonā€™t be with Mil unless they make some changes. I vote LA cause they always have everything turn out good for them
Sir-Swish-A-Lot
Senior
And1: 499

Post#63 » by Sir-Swish-A-Lot » Mon May 25, 2020 6:30 am

If he leaves Milwaukee it will most likely be for Toronto. Masai is a godfather to him. And Masai has a grand scheme to win a NBA title for Africa with a core made up with players from Africa. Ibaka, Antetokounmpo, Siakam, Anunoby, Oladipo could be the blueprint for that dream of Masai's if he can make it work under the salary cap. Many African players like Giannis have mentioned the same thing- winning a NBA title for Africa so Masai may have planted the seed in some of their minds already...time will tell.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,186

Post#64 » by skones » Mon May 25, 2020 8:21 am

KGtabake wrote:
monopoman wrote:
KGtabake wrote:If his family's wish is to live elsewhere ofc he will leave and noone can accuse him for this.
Basically noone can accuse any player for the decisions he takes for his career but that's a big convo.

Of course he can do whatever the **** he wants, just like I have the right to move to any state I want and work for any company I want to. I also have the right to be a dick to waiters if I feel like it, my point is superstars need to understand that them moving around a bunch is a rough time for the fans of the team. Though of course no one will notice if I switch jobs and/or switch states meanwhile if Giannis does it it's national news for a month.

I think far too many players get caught up in grass is greener mentality, LMA is a great example left a good Blazer team that was coming up to go to the Spurs because they had that coveted championship pedigree. Unfortunately for him that sure as **** didn't get him any rings. I bet he regrets his decision because if he played his entire career as a Blazer he would have had a city that loved him forever.

Acting like rings are guaranteed when superstar xyz jumps ship for another team is the silliest thing.

I think you forget something important. Giannis ain't American.
The teams he used to support as a youngster are not in the US. Fans there ofc can feel whatever they want but for someone who is from a different country things are simple. He's a pro and he makes his living on a foreign country.
He may feel love for the people of wisconsin, i'm sure he does. But he's been there 7 years already. By the time his contract ends, he will be a resident of milwaukee 9 years. It's more than enough if he feels that a new challenge is on the way.
Not every foreign player is Dirk.

You made a pro-Milwaukee argument without even realizing it. Giannis grew from a boy to a man in Milwaukee and subsequently established the most stable living conditions he'd ever known. He lives in Milwaukee. He doesn't live in Greece. He doesn't live in Nigeria. He lives in Milwaukee, and his mother does too. Milwaukee IS his home.

People like to make all of these wishful grandiose statements about Giannis Antetokounmpo without considering the context of his upbringing and the person he is. Instead, they like to point to American superstars who have up and bolted. There's not a parallel there.
koningcosmo
Senior
And1: 636

Post#65 » by koningcosmo » Mon May 25, 2020 8:28 am

i mean if he leaves MIL what credibility does he have? How many times has he said he wanted to stay there, he is a buck for live, he doesnt want to collude, he wants to win with his team in MIL, does not want to be buddy buddy to the rest of the league, etc.

So if he means it or is just another KD, we will see, but my guess is he will stay in MIL, especially with the team they have right now, they could have won it this year. Maybe will if it continues?
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#66 » by Spens1 » Mon May 25, 2020 10:59 am

Hope: Lakers (obviously)
Expectation: Bucks, i could see him being a lifer.
OGLife
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,892

Post#67 » by OGLife » Mon May 25, 2020 11:37 am

Raptors or Lakers.

Raptors will have the cap space to sign him as a FA. Lakers will need to move on from LeBron or have him take a pay cut, which I don't believe will happen.

This is of course if the Bucks don't win at least one title or make the finals.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#68 » by MotownMadness » Mon May 25, 2020 12:49 pm

I think its either Milwaukee or Miami
Brofessor24
Sixth Man
And1: 888

Post#69 » by Brofessor24 » Mon May 25, 2020 3:14 pm

To me it would make zero difference if Giannis stays or leaves.

When it comes to championships, location makes no difference to me. To me it wouldn't make any sense to respect a player winning in one city, but then disliking him for winning somewhere else.
Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,671

Post#70 » by Vampirate » Mon May 25, 2020 4:38 pm

Giannis is most likely going to stay imo, but that depends if he thinks the Bucks are seriously contending for Championships, I doubt merely making the finals is going to count.
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,619

Post#71 » by Swish1906 » Mon May 25, 2020 4:47 pm

He signs a two year extension. Then the Bledsoe/Lopez contracts expire and they are 32+ years old. Bucks have a clean cut to rebuild. Until then (2023) the Bucks have a contender roster locked up

Its always funny when people name teams like Raptors or Heat, who are going to have worse roster than the Bucks
Packbuckman
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Post#72 » by Packbuckman » Mon May 25, 2020 5:00 pm

jimmy keys wrote:
crossroads wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:
Trading Brogdon wasn't doing everything.

Getting asset value out of a restricted free agent signing a contract offer that would have put them well into the tax was the right move, and framing it as "trading Brogdon" without discussing the context of the move is disingenuous

Here's the context. You have arguably the best player in the world who can walk in 2 years. You have a key piece who's a restricted free agent and can't walk. You have an ownership group who's unwilling to go in the tax despite the fact that doing so would demonstrate a commitment to winning so that said superstar player might think you'd do anything to win. Instead to take low draft picks in a **** draft. That's the context. Can't more genuine.

But thatā€™s your opinion on that not Giannis or the bucks. We are a better team without him plain and simple. Heā€™s a player with his limitations and is injury prone. Donte is the better player and has a higher ceiling. Plus the players we were able to get by using that money not just the 1st rd pick. Hill, Donte, Matthews, Bledsoe guard rotation is pretty dam good and having the Lopez brothers at center make us better than having Brogdon.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,245

Post#73 » by xdrta+ » Mon May 25, 2020 5:33 pm

Vampirate wrote:Giannis is most likely going to stay imo, but that depends if he thinks the Bucks are seriously contending for Championships, I doubt merely making the finals is going to count.

It seems like making the Finals would be contending for a championship.
Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,671

Post#74 » by Vampirate » Mon May 25, 2020 5:45 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Vampirate wrote:Giannis is most likely going to stay imo, but that depends if he thinks the Bucks are seriously contending for Championships, I doubt merely making the finals is going to count.

Not if they get swept or something.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#75 » by jimmy keys » Mon May 25, 2020 7:02 pm

Packbuckman wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:
crossroads wrote:
Getting asset value out of a restricted free agent signing a contract offer that would have put them well into the tax was the right move, and framing it as "trading Brogdon" without discussing the context of the move is disingenuous

Here's the context. You have arguably the best player in the world who can walk in 2 years. You have a key piece who's a restricted free agent and can't walk. You have an ownership group who's unwilling to go in the tax despite the fact that doing so would demonstrate a commitment to winning so that said superstar player might think you'd do anything to win. Instead to take low draft picks in a **** draft. That's the context. Can't more genuine.

But thatā€™s your opinion on that not Giannis or the bucks. We are a better team without him plain and simple. Heā€™s a player with his limitations and is injury prone. Donte is the better player and has a higher ceiling. Plus the players we were able to get by using that money not just the 1st rd pick. Hill, Donte, Matthews, Bledsoe guard rotation is pretty dam good and having the Lopez brothers at center make us better than having Brogdon.

No again you're wrong. Giannis said ā€œDefinitely wish he was still here,"... ā€œCan you imagine this team with also Malcolm?ā€ Antetokounmpo said after the Bucks' 124-115 victory over the Bulls on Thursday night Nov 15, 2019.

So yeah it registered with him that the Bucks weren't willing to do everything to keep talent around him. He was also really disappointed when he left for basically nothing. Next year's low 20s draft pick does nothing for him. He wants to win a chip now. Make of it what you will but the proof is there. All those guys could have been re-signed they just chose not to. Real contenders go all in.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,186

Post#76 » by skones » Mon May 25, 2020 7:30 pm

jimmy keys wrote:
No again you're wrong. Giannis said ā€œDefinitely wish he was still here,"... ā€œCan you imagine this team with also Malcolm?ā€ Antetokounmpo said after the Bucks' 124-115 victory over the Bulls on Thursday night Nov 15, 2019.

So yeah it registered with him that the Bucks weren't willing to do everything to keep talent around him. He was also really disappointed when he left for basically nothing. Next year's low 20s draft pick does nothing for him. He wants to win a chip now. Make of it what you will but the proof is there. All those guys could have been re-signed they just chose not to. Real contenders go all in.

You're pretty clearly projecting. There's nothing to suggest Giannis didn't understand the situation with Malcolm and Milwaukee, yet you're projecting it as if Giannis took it as some sort of shortcoming of management. Pretty tough sell to just sit there and tell someone "No again you're wrong" while simultaneously making the jumps to the conclusion you're drawing.

Exhibit A: "He was also really disappointed when he left for basically nothing." That's not a thing.

You have to be a special kind of unaware if you're still harping on Malcolm Brogdon when Bucks fans concerns of him have largely been proven correct, Milwaukee has the best record in the league, and George Hill and Donte Divicenzo, his direct replacements, are playing the way they are/were.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,928

Post#77 » by meekrab » Mon May 25, 2020 7:51 pm

Southpaw wrote:I honestly see him staying in Milwaukee, he has a legit contender there. But if he leaves, I don't see him signing anywhere where he's not the clear cut best player.

That narrows it down to ... one of the 29 other teams? :lol: Outside of maybe LAC where he'd be sharing the ball with Kawhi PG and whoever is on the lineup sheet as "point guard" I don't see a bad fit for Giannis, just bad teams.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,245

Post#78 » by xdrta+ » Mon May 25, 2020 7:56 pm

Vampirate wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

Not if they get swept or something.

Or something? That's just silly, if you make the Finals, by definition you're contending for the championship. Now, maybe, he leaves unless they win the championship, that's different.
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,527

Post#79 » by ropjhk » Mon May 25, 2020 9:10 pm

I think he'll stay in Milwaukee but I don't think he'll win the next few championships.

If he joined the Raptors though, then yeah.
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,089

Point Guard, Who Needs Em? 

Post#80 » by Wammy Giveaway » Mon May 25, 2020 9:55 pm

meekrab wrote:Outside of maybe LAC where he'd be sharing the ball with Kawhi PG and whoever is on the lineup sheet as "point guard"...

Clippers have no point guard; that position is played by committee. As such, that fifth slot is a wild card: you could have two shooting guards, a guard-ward (guard-forward), two small forwards, two power forwards, a dual forward, or cent-ward (forward-center, though it sounds like saying "centaur" - damn Hercules-Xena episodes!) If Antetokounmpo joined the Clippers, he could slot in at the one or the three. As a seven foot player, he could five on it, too.

Return to The General Board