Kemba Walker or Kyle Lowry

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Re: Kemba Walker or Kyle Lowry 

Post#141 » by TheBoi10 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:38 am

Lowry easily
bon
General Manager
And1: 13,395

Post#142 » by bon » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:51 am

celticfan42487 wrote:
I'm not sure anyone who doesn't have these players on their team even cares about a comparison of two 30 something year old PGs.

Ill News wrote:Lowry's much more well-rounded than Kemba, and he's proven himself in last year's playoff run (even though his past playoffs were subpar).

Kemba's a better scorer, and that's about it.

Jaqua92 wrote:Lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

bisme37 wrote:All you Raps fans talking smack about Kemba... you guys realize dude is about to drop a 50 piece on your heads right?

I've been meaning to ask you Celtic fans. How much better has Kemba been this season over Kyrie? Is he worth the contract?
Smithers
Pro Prospect
And1: 180

Post#143 » by Smithers » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:14 am

Duffman100 wrote:
Smithers wrote:It's Kemba- & it's not really all that close

Lol I figured you'd show up! Haven't seen you on a raptors thread for awhile.

It’s good to be back.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,276

Post#144 » by celticfan42487 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:39 am

bon wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
I'm not sure anyone who doesn't have these players on their team even cares about a comparison of two 30 something year old PGs.

Ill News wrote:Lowry's much more well-rounded than Kemba, and he's proven himself in last year's playoff run (even though his past playoffs were subpar).

bisme37 wrote:All you Raps fans talking smack about Kemba... you guys realize dude is about to drop a 50 piece on your heads right?

I've been meaning to ask you Celtic fans. How much better has Kemba been this season over Kyrie? Is he worth the contract?

Kemba

29: 32
30: 34
31: 36
32: 37

Doubt he'll be "worth" that money because he'll never been a Kawhi, but when the Celtics had a max contract available he was the best free agent they could get for sure (Kawhi had no intentions of coming to Boston).

He's been a good fit and his leadership and style of play has allowed Brown and Tatum to have breakout seasons now that they're playing with a PG again.

21 ppg 5aspg 4rpg 1 steal on 42% fg 38%3 (8 3PAs per game) 87% FT and I'm sure he's top 10 in charges again like he is every season.

Hard to say if he's worth a max contract, but his market value says he is. A lot depends if he continues to average 80 games per year like he did the previous 4 seasons. That reliability and ability to be an elite floor stretcher off the ball will mean a lot on if he continues to hold his value.
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Post#145 » by Ill News » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:35 am

bon wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:

He's been better than Kyrie in terms of leadership style, which is simply him letting Tatum and Brown shine while he still does his thing in spurts. He's been incredibly supportive of the young guys and hasn't complained about his role, which is ideal for a team as talented as the Celtics.

My guess is after next year, he'll no longer be worth that contract due to age and declining athleticism. But it won't matter once the Celtics lock up Tatum and Brown, who will undoubtedly be leading the team from then on. Kemba can relegate himself to a third option who facilitates the offense quite easily. My impression of him is that he just wants to win after being mired in mediocrity for so long, that he won't care what role he has to play in order to achieve that.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 26,894

Post#146 » by YogurtProducer » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:32 pm

rtiff68 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
...and that’s a bit of a stretch, and kind of proves my point (because, without even looking, I’m pretty positive that you’re a Raptors’ fan).

I would say he was definitely closer to 20th than 10th.

... but it isnt a stretch. He averaged 22/7, played great/elite defence, rebounded elite for a PG, and was incredibly efficient

He put 22.4ppg including 7.8 3pa/gm on 41.2% including a ton of pull ups and deep shots. Add 7.3apg as well.

He was 3rd All-NBA the year prior and was Even better in 2017 but missed too many games to really be considered. Arguably, he had a case for one of the best 5 guards in the entire league behind Curry, Westbrook, Harden, and maybe Thomas that year (although even then KLow was more impactful IMO)

It’s a stretch, man.

If it isn’t, name the players that year that were definitely better and more impactful. Then slot Lowry in at 10-12 and explain why he belongs with the players you’ve slotted there.

Westbrook, Harden, AD, LBJ, Kawhi, Dame, Steph, KD are the obvious top 8. After that Lowry has a legitimate chance at #10 alongwith guys like Kyrie, Thomas, Wall, CP3, Towns, Jimmy, PG13.

Lowry was really **** good. Best player on a 51 win team
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Post#147 » by 13th Man » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:40 pm

Kemba on crappy teams where he's expected to carry the scoring load.

Lowry on contending teams where his leadership and playoff experience will come into play.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,125

Post#148 » by Braggins » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:44 pm

Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:One player has 7 post season games, the other has 87.

Kyle had to win a Championship to prove he's not a choker, Kemba just had to move to Boston for that.

All Kyle had to do to prove he's not a choker is play on a team with Kawhi and Siakam and a great coach. Kemba definitely should have been able to match that success playing with studs like Jeremy Lamb and Cody Zeller.
Inklink
RealGM
And1: 19,207

Post#149 » by Inklink » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:07 pm

I'll take the champ, GOAT Raptor.
For lease.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,688

Post#150 » by Clay Davis » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:47 pm

Floody100 wrote:
HeartDonor wrote:ones coming off leading his team to a championship

This is absurd. You guys don’t make it out of the second round if you don’t do the Derozan/Kawhi trade. He helped you guys win a championship but he definitely didn’t “lead” your team to a championship.
Kawhi acknowledged that Kyle was the leader of the team though

Sent from my SM-A520W using RealGM mobile app
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
durka
Starter
And1: 1,031

Post#151 » by durka » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:10 pm

Lowry is much more versatile. Their roles are much more comparable this year because Lowry has needed to score at a higher volume, but I dont know if Kemba would do as well in the role Lowry played last year to win a championship. In most situations I'd take Lowry because hes a better defender and distributor while being a slightly inferior but comparable scorer, but if I'm a team that is built around the PG being a top scoring option, such as the Celtics, I take Kemba.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,276

Post#152 » by celticfan42487 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:25 pm

13th Man wrote:Kemba on crappy teams where he's expected to carry the scoring load.

Lowry on contending teams where his leadership and playoff experience will come into play.

Dude he was on a contending team once in his career.

And before that was known for choking constantly in the playoffs come on haha.

Like get some perspective.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,688

Post#153 » by Clay Davis » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:29 pm

docholliday99 wrote:
Clay Davis wrote:
docholliday99 wrote:
What does that have to do with being a creator? He played ISO ok and played off of Lowry or FVV extremely well (meaning, he needed assistance to create). This is not a bad thing. Love Powell but he's not Brown, Hayward or Tatum.

Do you have iso statistics

I'm not the one trying to prove a point - I know how he got his points but do you?

You are indeed the one trying to prove a point, as you're the one who originally claimed that Boston has three better creators than Powell. If that original point could not stand up to a more distant statistic (TS%), then you must either have a more representative statistic up your sleeve or not have one at all, in which case your claim was made without anything to back-up your point and has less evidence behind it than mine.
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
aguiar95
Rookie
And1: 548

Post#154 » by aguiar95 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:46 pm

If you swap both last year, I feel pretty confident saying Toronto wins the chip and CHA doesn't get close to sniffing the playoffs. Still pretty difficult to measure when Lowry has never been the best player on his team. Today I'd rather have Kemba for sure.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,081

Post#155 » by mademan » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:01 pm

aguiar95 wrote:If you swap both last year, I feel pretty confident saying Toronto wins the chip and CHA doesn't get close to sniffing the playoffs. Still pretty difficult to measure when Lowry has never been the best player on his team. Today I'd rather have Kemba for sure.

Lol. Lowry was consistently better than Derozan. Every impact stat ever generated puts Lowry as extremely valuable and Derozan as near negative value (and negative some years). Lowry was the best player on a 59 win team
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#156 » by HeartBreakKid » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:06 pm

Lowry is a much better playmaker and defender than Walker, impact stats reflect this. Even when Lowry can't score he can still help his team win - can't really say the same about Walker.
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,000

Post#157 » by TroubleS0me » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:19 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
docholliday99 wrote:
TroubleS0me wrote:Lowry doesnt elevate his game in the playoffs more times than NOT.

Only 2 good playoff runs

Kemba has 1 good, 1 bad..

Wow, this is not true in the slightest. Lowry has been the most clutch player in the NBA playoffs the last 5 years. I'm not going to penalise Lowry for the failure of the players around him.

Don’t even, people will point to 2016 or game 1 against Orlando and ignore absolutely everything else.

I'm talking about his whole playoffs career as a Raptor. He's has been good 3 of 6 playoffs runs.50/50. I included last season/playoffs he was decent.

I'm not going to penalise Lowry for the failure of the players around him.

He has played with some good/quality players during his career a raptor no excuse.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,642

Post#158 » by GoCeltics123 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:29 pm

bon wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:

Kemba is not as good as Kyrie as a talent, but outside of the injury, he's been pretty good. He's actually a better defender than I thought, he takes a lot of charges like Lowry.

If he plays like he did early this season, he's worth it. But this knee injury is weird.

However, the leadership difference between Kyrie/Kemba is noticeable pretty much 100% of the time
mudsak
Starter
And1: 1,913

Post#159 » by mudsak » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:39 pm

Lowry might be one of the most underrated players in the past decade imo.

They're at different points in their careers so I think the comparison has to be taken into context. Going forward gotta go Kemba. But peak vs peak I'm taking Lowry 10 out of 10 times. He's solid at both ends of the floor. I think he really shined in the finals last year too... came up big in so many situations.
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst
And1: 4,387

Post#160 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:53 pm

I got Kemba

Return to The General Board