Cavs sign Jordan Bell

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Re: Cavs sign Jordan Bell 

Post#21 » by SF_Warriors » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:55 pm

twozeroMM wrote:I still remember all the hype this man got when her got drafted to the Warriors and people were saying it as unfair that they can just buy a player like him.

For every draymond green or montrezl harell, there are probably like a dozen jordan bells. Every team sees an athletic hustle player and hopes they found a gem.
Jay 20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,152

Post#22 » by Jay 20 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:53 am

Enjoy the missed dunks Cleveland.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,392

Post#23 » by JonFromVA » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:25 pm

dc wrote:
gst8 wrote:He got into the Draymond, KD social circle pretty quickly and I think he started acting like he already made it. Supposedly those guys had to drag him to practice at times and eventually got tired of him.

-Yeah, he skipped out on "optional practices", not knowing that it's actually code word for "optional for veterans only".

-He actually had a heart to heart talk with Durant. He was surprised at the level of love/commitment KD had for the game. He was like "Damn, I love basketball, but I don't love it that much."

-Kerr yelled at him constantly for not hustling/not running the floor.

-Acted like a drunk idiot (well, he was drunk) during the championship parade. Igoudala told him to quit acting like an immature @sshat.

It's too bad. He has the ability to be a quality rotation player (and sometimes starter) in the league. Just thinks he's better than he really is and that he's more important than that role that's been given to him. I think the vets were really impressed by him at first. David West expressed surprise that he was a 2nd round pick.

Some young players need to be kicked to the curb and see their career flash before their eyes for these lessons to stick.

I'm personally more psyched (if we're allowed to be psyched about players barely hanging on to the NBA) about Dean Wade, and hoping he'll get a longer look.
Brofessor24
Sixth Man
And1: 888

Post#24 » by Brofessor24 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:01 pm

Not sure why some folks are calling him a bust lol.

IMO a second round pick can't be considered a bust. Most second rounders never play in the NBA and those that do almost never end up having long NBA careers.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#25 » by xdrta+ » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:32 pm

Brofessor24 wrote:Not sure why some folks are calling him a bust lol.

IMO a second round pick can't be considered a bust. Most second rounders never play in the NBA and those that do almost never end up having long NBA careers.

I think some Warrior fans were spoiled by the way Draymond, 35th pick, turned out, and were thinking Bell would replicate that.

Return to The General Board