2019 Raptors: Are they a Superteam?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Re: 2019 Raptors: Are they a Superteam? 

Post#141 » by Jedzz » Mon Aug 3, 2020 4:50 am

RaptorPride wrote:
GoBobs wrote:They finally dodged lebron, and barely beat a golden state team decimated by injuries.

The two wins GSW had were won by 5 points in Game 2 and 1 point in Game 5. The Raptor wins. Game 1 - 9pts, Game 3 - 14 pts, Game 4 - 13 pts, and only close was game 6 winning by 4 pts.

Raptors could have easily finished this in a sweep or 5 games.

ikr
people and their own narratives

I watched the first 1.5Q of the Toronto/Lakers game yesterday where Toronto jumped into a big early lead, maybe 14 pts was it? Lebron then sort of took it coast to coast once as if to stop the Toronto run. Then had to hop in car and go somewhere. I hear on the radio voice it's after the 2nd Q and Lakers are up by like 2pts now and the voice just couldn't shut up about how Lebron took this game over, lebron lebron, lebron. Turned the radio off.

When I get back I check who won and wouldn't you know it, Raptors beat Lakers 107 - 92. The Lebrons were beat by 15 pts. Hey radio voice, there is a reason I don't know your name.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#142 » by iamworthy » Mon Aug 3, 2020 4:54 am

What's the definition of a super team?
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,464

Post#143 » by Raps in 4 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 5:03 am

iamworthy wrote:What's the definition of a super team?

Any team with at least 2 superstars + at least one all-star.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#144 » by Jedzz » Mon Aug 3, 2020 5:04 am

Superteam (sUpeR*Tee'm)
    not LA
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#145 » by iamworthy » Mon Aug 3, 2020 5:07 am

Raps in 4 wrote:

Any team with at least 2 superstars + at least one all-star.

Kind of what I was thinking.
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,507

Post#146 » by GoBobs » Thu Aug 6, 2020 2:51 am

RaptorPride wrote:
GoBobs wrote:They finally dodged lebron, and barely beat a golden state team decimated by injuries.

The two wins GSW had were won by 5 points in Game 2 and 1 point in Game 5. The Raptor wins. Game 1 - 9pts, Game 3 - 14 pts, Game 4 - 13 pts, and only close was game 6 winning by 4 pts.

And golden state was only 4 pts away from a 3-3 series with one of their best players out basically most of the series and another important role player in kevin looney dealing with a significant injury. Before klay thompson had to leave the game on a dangerous but not dirty play by danny green which should have been called as a clear path violation, golden state was up by 5 with like 2 min to go. The only reason the series didn’t go to 3–3 without durant is the injury to thompson. If durant was healthy the raptors have no chance in that series.
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,140

Post#147 » by gp2015 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 3:12 am

GoBobs wrote:
RaptorPride wrote:

And golden state was only 4 pts away from a 3-3 series with one of their best players out basically most of the series and another important role player in kevin looney dealing with a significant injury. Before klay thompson had to leave the game on a dangerous but not dirty play by danny green which should have been called as a clear path violation, golden state was up by 5 with like 2 min to go. The only reason the series didn’t go to 3–3 without durant is the injury to thompson. If durant was healthy the raptors have no chance in that series.

A foul at the rim is not a clear path foul. It doesn't seem like you watch a lot of basketball.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#148 » by RaptorsLife » Thu Aug 6, 2020 3:15 am

Im tired of these clowns talking the warriors

The warriors without durant in playoffs were 6-0 beat rockets twice and swept Portland

Everyone thought warriors were winning but after losing game 1, people bring up KD excuse lmao

**** the warriors
Raptors til death
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,694

Post#149 » by Clay Davis » Thu Aug 6, 2020 3:15 am

GoBobs wrote:
RaptorPride wrote:

Yup. Turns out throwing 80% of your cap at 4 players puts a lot of strain on them. Too bad so sad.
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
RaptorPride
General Manager
And1: 17,505

Post#150 » by RaptorPride » Thu Aug 6, 2020 8:38 pm

Clay Davis wrote:
GoBobs wrote:
RaptorPride wrote:The two wins GSW had were won by 5 points in Game 2 and 1 point in Game 5. The Raptor wins. Game 1 - 9pts, Game 3 - 14 pts, Game 4 - 13 pts, and only close was game 6 winning by 4 pts.

Yup. Turns out throwing 80% of your cap at 4 players puts a lot of strain on them. Too bad so sad.

Exactly what I been saying. Thats one of the faults of going all-in on a super team. You can't afford injuries at all. Don't be making excuses about injuries because we can bring up Kawhi's and Kyle's as well. Your front office made a decision on building a team with no depth and to go all-in on four players.

You guys also made it to the finals for 5 straight years. All that extra time on the floor compared to others is gonna catch up sooner or later and to go along with being an older team didn't help.
Spoiler:

RaptorPride
General Manager

Post#151 » by RaptorPride » Thu Aug 6, 2020 8:45 pm

GoBobs wrote:
RaptorPride wrote:

But what happens if Toronto scored 6 more points in game 2? Or if we scored 2 more points in game 5? Would have been a sweep right or at least a 5 game series? You see we can play the what if game all we want.

What about Kawhi's leg injury during the bucks series or Kyle needing to take shots to numb his left hand so he could play through the pain? Kyle had surgery right after the finals.

The only reason KD came back was the fact GSW was down 1-3 and they were scared of losing to a team of g leaguers and choke master Lowry. And the only reason Durant got injured again was because he rushed back without healing from his first injury.
Spoiler:

RaptorPride
General Manager

Post#152 » by RaptorPride » Thu Aug 6, 2020 8:50 pm

Jedzz wrote:
RaptorPride wrote:

ikr

I watched the first 1.5Q of the Toronto/Lakers game yesterday where Toronto jumped into a big early lead, maybe 14 pts was it? Lebron then sort of took it coast to coast once as if to stop the Toronto run. Then had to hop in car and go somewhere. I hear on the radio voice it's after the 2nd Q and Lakers are up by like 2pts now and the voice just couldn't shut up about how Lebron took this game over, lebron lebron, lebron. Turned the radio off.

When I get back I check who won and wouldn't you know it, Raptors beat Lakers 107 - 92. The Lebrons were beat by 15 pts. Hey radio voice, there is a reason I don't know your name.

It's how the NBA stays huge. Gotta market the big guys in the league even if they aren't doing well because they are the ones who bring in the money.
Spoiler:

Jedzz
RealGM

Post#153 » by Jedzz » Fri Aug 7, 2020 2:03 am

RaptorPride wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
RaptorPride wrote:The two wins GSW had were won by 5 points in Game 2 and 1 point in Game 5. The Raptor wins. Game 1 - 9pts, Game 3 - 14 pts, Game 4 - 13 pts, and only close was game 6 winning by 4 pts.

ikr

It's how the NBA stays huge. Gotta market the big guys in the league even if they aren't doing well because they are the ones who bring in the money.

I suppose that's true. But it's kind of sad. Toronto has great ballers and plenty of them could have praises sung about them and have the media non stop talking about them and marketing their names. Lebron is a huge talent we all know it. But it didn't matter where he played, from Cleveland of all places to Miami to Lakers. The league has more marketable names than they are willing to push if you ask me. It's games like this and rotten radio voices like this harping on Lebron's name that stop it. I mean Lowry had an epic game, OG was his own crazy. Lebron's lakers have lost their last 4 regular season games to Toronto. If you can call these games in August regular games anyway.

Return to The General Board