8-1 NBA Bubble GT (5 games)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,170

Re: 8-1 NBA Bubble GT (5 games) 

Post#1101 » by Chandan » Sun Aug 2, 2020 8:12 am

VanWest82 wrote:Kyle Lowry put up 33 on the Lakers. Could that perhaps be because they lost their PG defenders? West teams with really good ball handlers who can shoot: all of them. This is going to be an ongoing problem.

When push comes to shove they will put lebron on these PGs. It's not ball handlers who can shoot that's the problem, it's having good overall talent at all 5 positions so lebron can't zone in on someone.

tonight Lakers had no choice but to switch every time lowry comes off a screen because all our bigs can shoot threes.
EliteSmarts
Pro Prospect
And1: 972

Post#1102 » by EliteSmarts » Sun Aug 2, 2020 9:22 am

themoneyteam2 wrote:Nobody talks about Raptors being able to take out MIL in the East and frankly I have no idea if these media heads have watched them this year. They’re gonna be a damn tough out in the playoffs

Can we please stop saying this. Out of 16 ESPN Basketball analysts making their selections for Finals picks. 13 picked Bucks and 3 picked the Raptors. NO VOTES FOR BOSTON, MIAMI or PHILLY.

Mike WIlbon & Freddie Coleman both picked Toronto to make it to finals.
Most have taken Milwauke which they should as MILWAUKEE IS #1 SEED IN EAST
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,240

Post#1103 » by God Squad » Sun Aug 2, 2020 10:56 am

djsunyc wrote:

I need context! What happened?
JustOneFix
Analyst
And1: 408

Post#1104 » by JustOneFix » Sun Aug 2, 2020 10:59 am

I really don't get it what's the point of these games for teams that are already in the playoffs when seeds doesn't matter since there is no HCA.

I mean i get it for teams like Mavs, Magic, Rockets, OKC etc trying to avoid top teams in the first round, but other then that....why would Bucks, Clippers, Lakers or Raps play even remotely close to full strenght when the games just doesn't matter to them?
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,151

Post#1105 » by The Duke » Sun Aug 2, 2020 11:45 am

JustOneFix wrote:I really don't get it what's the point of these games for teams that are already in the playoffs when seeds doesn't matter since there is no HCA.

I mean i get it for teams like Mavs, Magic, Rockets, OKC etc trying to avoid top teams in the first round, but other then that....why would Bucks, Clippers, Lakers or Raps play even remotely close to full strenght when the games just doesn't matter to them?

Money ... league wants to make sufficient amount due to loss revenue and bubble costs, etc

why would players/ coaches play to come to full strength, after 4.5 months, players need to recondition themselves to get into playoff mode.
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,151

Post#1106 » by The Duke » Sun Aug 2, 2020 12:59 pm

The more Lebron wants to defend the top option the more it will reduce his offense efficency/attempts. Its a balance now that he is older, and has only a finite amount of gas in the tank over the course of a 48min stretch.

When Bron came up to defend Lowry above the 3 point line (4th quarter), he just throws a 6 foot pass to FVV to hit a 3.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#1107 » by RaptorsLife » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:01 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Raptors til death
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,976

Post#1108 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:32 pm

The Raptors were straight disrespecting Kuzma by putting FVV on him. At one point Kuzma iso'd and ran to the corner for the "Kawhi shot." I was like, Kawhi needed to shoot over Embiid! VanVleet is 5"10. If LBJ is getting out of the West he's going to have to reach deep into the well of Lebronness.

Am I alone in thinking that Davis is the softest "superstar" in the league?
will
RealGM
And1: 49,654
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#1109 » by will » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:46 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:The Raptors were straight disrespecting Kuzma by putting FVV on him. At one point Kuzma iso'd and ran to the corner for the "Kawhi shot." I was like, Kawhi needed to shoot over Embiid! VanVleet is 5"10. If LBJ is getting out of the West he's going to have to reach deep into the well of Lebronness.

Raps took advantage of Kuzman on both ends of the court.

Lowry guarding him one on one is actually a mismatch for Kuzma.

Then on the other end, they just went at Kuzma, making him attempt to 'defend'.

Good times!
will
RealGM
And1: 49,654
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#1110 » by will » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:46 pm

OG Adobe did the gotdamn thing!
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,925

Post#1111 » by kuclas » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:21 pm

Embiid gonna to ask for a trade if/when sixers lose in 1st or 2nd round. The minute he leaves the floor. Sixers are in trouble. And they pay Al Horford 30 million a year? Guaranteed 95 million with 4th year buyout. When they could have paid JJ Reddick 13 million guaranteed X 2 years like New Orleans. Sixers need shooters. Their defense sucks the minute steps off the floor.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,858

Post#1112 » by Jadoogar » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:44 pm

Sixers were -27 in 14 minutes without Embiid. Keep in mind, Pacers didn't have sabonis or brogdon and turner was in foul trouble.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,380

Post#1113 » by mademan » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:48 pm

JustOneFix wrote:I really don't get it what's the point of these games for teams that are already in the playoffs when seeds doesn't matter since there is no HCA.

With the Sixers falling to the 6 seed, 2 seed really matters for the Raps/Celtics. Sixers may have struggled, but thats still not an opponent you want in the first round. Especially when you can get the Magic instead. Raps still need to win, i think, 3 or 4 more games to clinch and theyre schedule is tough, so these wins do mean something to them.

It wouldve also meant something to the Clips if Denver came out with a game 1 win, but it looks like theyre gonna fly into the 2 seed rather easily. Lakers and Bucks shoudlnt gaf though
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,910

Post#1114 » by Duffman100 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:48 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:The Raptors were straight disrespecting Kuzma by putting FVV on him. At one point Kuzma iso'd and ran to the corner for the "Kawhi shot." I was like, Kawhi needed to shoot over Embiid! VanVleet is 5"10. If LBJ is getting out of the West he's going to have to reach deep into the well of Lebronness.

At one point, Kuzma had FVV on him, made a move and FVV stripped him, knocking the ball out of bounds.

FVV looked at the Raptors bench and just shook his head. Like, 'what is that guy doing?'. It was funny.
VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,852

Post#1115 » by VancouverRaps » Sun Aug 2, 2020 5:13 pm

Duffman100 wrote:

At one point, Kuzma had FVV on him, made a move and FVV stripped him, knocking the ball out of bounds.

FVV looked at the Raptors bench and just shook his head. Like, 'what is that guy doing?'. It was funny.

Lol I noticed that too. I think it’s pretty clear that the Raps don’t respect Kuzma at all, I think Siakam went at him hard in one of the regular season games as well.
We the Champs
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,083

Post#1116 » by durden_tyler » Mon Aug 3, 2020 3:29 am

Rhythm, they need these games under their belt to prepare for the real games.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.

Return to The General Board