Is the Giannis/Harden beef a real thing?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Do you think the beef is real?

Yes, for both
43%
Yes, for Harden
19%
Yes, for Giannis
14%
No
24%

Total votes: 63

Imon
Head Coach
And1: 6,263

Re: Is the Giannis/Harden beef a real thing? 

Post#21 » by Imon » Thu Aug 6, 2020 1:17 am

AussieBuck wrote:Harden didn't like that Giannis was stealing his MVP, even put an add in the local Milwaukee paper abut it. Giannis holds grudges forever. He's still dealing out payback for dudes that trash talked him in his rookie year.

Jerryd Bayless was a **** to Giannis when they were teammates, Giannis dunked on a dude last season and ran past the Wolves? bench and gave Bayless a non-consensual high five. He's not quite MJ levels of petty but it's there.

Wait ... what? :o

I've never heard of this. Are you sure it wasn't just some Rockets fans or the Rockets organization that did this?
I could see maybe the Rockets organization wanting to sooth Harden's ego by doing this (I recall seeing Morey in interviews arguing for Harden's candidacy) but not Harden himself.
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,807

Post#22 » by Quattro » Thu Aug 6, 2020 1:18 am

mynameKIM wrote:This "beef" is extremely one sided though. Mostly just trash talk from Giannis. I haven't heard Harden say one bad thing about the freak.

You weren’t listening closely enough.
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 16,957

Post#23 » by Shock Defeat » Thu Aug 6, 2020 1:20 am

Giannis is the one talking mess about Harden's defense and also elbowing him in games. Moreover he was the one that dissed Harden in the All Star draft saying he wanted someone that would pass the ball.
mynameKIM
Junior
And1: 793

Post#24 » by mynameKIM » Thu Aug 6, 2020 5:01 am

Ron Swanson wrote:All I know is that there certainly didn't seem like there was a "beef" until the 2019 offseason when Harden literally spent the entire summer whining about how he should have won the MVP.

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/08/21/james-harden-speaks-not-winning-mvp

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/16/rockets-star-james-harden-again-questions-medias-mvp-narratives/

:dontknow:

The thing is Harden didn't make it personal. He wanted to win MVP and thinks he deserved it. Its an understandable position.

Giannis was the one who made personal attack. He made fun of Harden's passing and defense. Thats what made this a "beef".
sikma42
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,565

Post#25 » by sikma42 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 5:04 am

Exactly, it seems like Giannis has the issue and Harden has been responding.
Shock Defeat wrote:Giannis is the one talking mess about Harden's defense and also elbowing him in games. Moreover he was the one that dissed Harden in the All Star draft saying he wanted someone that would pass the ball.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#26 » by GTR11 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 5:14 am

dirkforpres wrote:If he really wants to make Harden mad, he should sign with Dallas

Read on Twitter
?s=20
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#27 » by KingDavid » Thu Aug 6, 2020 7:31 am

GTR11 wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:If he really wants to make Harden mad, he should sign with Dallas

Read on Twitter
?s=20

That has to be fake.

That HAS to be fake.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#28 » by johanliebert » Thu Aug 6, 2020 7:38 am

mynameKIM wrote:This "beef" is extremely one sided though. Mostly just trash talk from Giannis. I haven't heard Harden say one bad thing about the freak.

yea i came in to say this after reading the poll lol.

giannis started this whole “beef”. from what i was told he tried to act “american” at times in other words cocky so he went at harden.

harden retorted with the no skill comment but this is def one sided
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#29 » by God Squad » Thu Aug 6, 2020 7:44 am

KingDavid wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

That has to be fake.

That HAS to be fake.

I call bull.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#30 » by God Squad » Thu Aug 6, 2020 7:46 am

Harden doesn't like that Giannis relies less on skill and more on length/physicals. Giannis doesn't like that Harden called him out and in return called his game out during the all-star selection. Basically it's about who was the MVP. TBH I like it and hope it continues.
benhillboy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,656

Post#31 » by benhillboy » Thu Aug 6, 2020 7:51 am

Y’all wake me up when Harden retires.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,211

Post#32 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Aug 6, 2020 11:15 am

"I wish I could be 7-feet, run and just dunk. That takes no skill at all," Harden said. "I gotta actually learn how to play basketball and how to have skill. I'll take that any day."

I’m confused. Does harden wish he could be 7 feet, run and just dunk or would learning to play basketball and having skill be something that he would take all day? Which is it, James?
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
JustMoe
Assistant Coach
And1: 547

Post#33 » by JustMoe » Thu Aug 6, 2020 11:17 am

Whopper_Sr wrote:Obligatory:

Their "beef" is probably overstated but it's good for the league. If anything, I'd want them to ramp it up.

Just clicked on the topic to see this again :lol: Thanks Whopper_Sr!
Raptors fan through good and (mostly) bad times since 1995

2019: The year hell froze over
Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 15,170

Post#34 » by Sgt Major » Thu Aug 6, 2020 11:21 am

God Squad wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

That has to be fake.

That HAS to be fake.

I call bull.

Yeah, that's what MJ said in the Hawks' locker room. Fake af.
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#35 » by hege53190 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 11:35 am

Imon wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Harden didn't like that Giannis was stealing his MVP, even put an add in the local Milwaukee paper abut it. Giannis holds grudges forever. He's still dealing out payback for dudes that trash talked him in his rookie year.

Jerryd Bayless was a **** to Giannis when they were teammates, Giannis dunked on a dude last season and ran past the Wolves? bench and gave Bayless a non-consensual high five. He's not quite MJ levels of petty but it's there.

Wait ... what? :o

I've never heard of this. Are you sure it wasn't just some Rockets fans or the Rockets organization that did this?
I could see maybe the Rockets organization wanting to sooth Harden's ego by doing this (I recall seeing Morey in interviews arguing for Harden's candidacy) but not Harden himself.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nba/bucks/2019/03/26/james-harden-full-page-ad-journal-sentinel-appeals-mvp-case/3276373002/

Basically before a nationally televised game Adidas took out a full page ad in Milwaukee's Newspaper a year ago. It is a pretty good marketing gimmick because for the price of a local newspaper ad space you get national exposure and talked about on the pregame show. While probably not devised by Harden it doesn't get the go ahead without Harden's approval.

That along with this comment

“I’m thrilled about what we have in the locker room.”
“I feel like I’m the best player.”
“I wish I could just run and was 7-feet and run and just dunk. Like that takes no skill at all.”

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2878491-giannis-downplays-beef-with-harden-im-just-trying-to-do-my-job#:~:text=The%20Houston%20Rockets%20superstar%20reiterated,takes%20no%20skill%20at%20all.%22

If the beef is one sided it is on Harden's end.
the sea duck
Pro Prospect
And1: 623

Post#36 » by the sea duck » Thu Aug 6, 2020 12:53 pm

I think it's a cold war currently.

Return to The General Board