Travis Schlenk needs to catch more flack.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Threezus
Veteran
And1: 1,622

Re: Travis Schlenk needs to catch more flack. 

Post#41 » by Threezus » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:07 am

Shoe wrote:
Threezus wrote:Nah im good with Schlenk fam and i like Luca a ton as a player. But if Cam Reddish becomes the player that i think he can and will be then i'll take Trae + Cam for sure and not think twice about it. At their peak i see Trae as a better scoring with more range Steve Nash. At Cam's peak i see him as a Paul George quality of player. To me as great as Doncic can be i would take 2 guys at those level of players over 1 guy. Now rather we see it happen or not is yet to be determined.

Even if Trae and Cam are perennial all stars Luka has the chance to be a perennial mvp. You would absolutely be wrong to take Nash and PG over LeBron.

Sorry my friend i actually might make that trade of Nash + PG for Lebron as i think 2 elite players are better than 1 elite player. Luka is a stud no doubt but he really doesn't give you anything much more over Trae than about 4 or 5 more rebounds and a little bit better defense. I'll take Paul George production from a 2nd player with MUCH BETTER DEFENSE than trae and Doncic can provide in the long run to help my team than those 5 more rebounds and below avg defense. Doncic will never reach Lebrons level without being an elite defender like Lebron has been.
gipper08
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,830

Post#42 » by gipper08 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:10 am

Threezus wrote:
Shoe wrote:
Threezus wrote:Nah im good with Schlenk fam and i like Luca a ton as a player. But if Cam Reddish becomes the player that i think he can and will be then i'll take Trae + Cam for sure and not think twice about it. At their peak i see Trae as a better scoring with more range Steve Nash. At Cam's peak i see him as a Paul George quality of player. To me as great as Doncic can be i would take 2 guys at those level of players over 1 guy. Now rather we see it happen or not is yet to be determined.

Even if Trae and Cam are perennial all stars Luka has the chance to be a perennial mvp. You would absolutely be wrong to take Nash and PG over LeBron.

Sorry my friend i actually might make that trade of Nash + PG for Lebron as i think 2 elite players are better than 1 elite player. Luka is a stud no doubt but he really doesn't give you anything much more over Trae than about 4 or 5 more rebounds and a little bit better defense.

this is incredibly crazy.
Threezus
Veteran

Post#43 » by Threezus » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:13 am

gipper08 wrote:
Threezus wrote:
Shoe wrote:

Sorry my friend i actually might make that trade of Nash + PG for Lebron as i think 2 elite players are better than 1 elite player. Luka is a stud no doubt but he really doesn't give you anything much more over Trae than about 4 or 5 more rebounds and a little bit better defense.

Im of the mindset it takes more than 1 great player to win a championship which is why Lebron couldn't do it originally for the Cavs. Im still not guaranteed to have Lebron for the rest of his career if he doesn't get the help he needs. Causing him to leave like actually happened. If he doesn't decide to come back to the Cavs then they never get a championship from him. Where as with those 2 other guys i atleast have 2 pieces that are still superstar level players which to me gives me a much better chance at a championship. Even if 1 leaves i gotta better chance at atleast keeping 1 of the 2 to add to and attract other pieces.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#44 » by John Murdoch » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:19 am

Just glad Kings didnt ruin his career
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
gipper08
Bench Warmer

Post#45 » by gipper08 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:39 am

Threezus wrote:
gipper08 wrote:
Threezus wrote:

Im of the mindset it takes more than 1 great player to win a championship which is why Lebron couldn't do it originally for the Cavs. Im still not guaranteed to have Lebron for the rest of his career if he doesn't get the help he needs. Causing him to leave like actually happened. If he doesn't decide to come back to the Cavs then they never get a championship from him. Where as with those 2 other guys i atleast have 2 pieces that are still superstar level players which to me gives me a much better chance at a championship. Even if 1 leaves i gotta better chance at atleast keeping 1 of the 2 to add to and attract other pieces.

Neither Nash nor PG were/are superstars(if you mean winning a title). They are a couple Paul Pierces.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,023

Post#46 » by durden_tyler » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:52 am

Trae Young as Steve Nash??!?! You're in for a disappointment i guess. Teams should not have passed on Luka, simple as that and the OP is correct the teams who did not will regret it (well, currently regretting it too).
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Threezus
Veteran

Post#47 » by Threezus » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:39 am

durden_tyler wrote:

Trae Young as Steve Nash??!?! You're in for a disappointment i guess. Teams should not have passed on Luka, simple as that and the OP is correct the teams who did not will regret it (well, currently regretting it too).

Disappointment? He's already easily on pace for that and models his game after Nash. That was his favorite player and Nash has actually trained him quite a number of times already. His passing and vision is whats going to make him similar as a player with better range. So no im not disappointed one bit and don't mind at all that you struggle to see it im sorry that you don't but hey thats your loss not mine :)
Threezus
Veteran

Post#48 » by Threezus » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:42 am

gipper08 wrote:
Threezus wrote:
gipper08 wrote:this is incredibly crazy.

Neither Nash nor PG were/are superstars(if you mean winning a title). They are a couple Paul Pierces.

How are 2 players that are possibly top 5 for Nash at PG all time and a player in PG13 who was considered top 10 player in the NBA alot of years not considered superstars?
gipper08
Bench Warmer

Post#49 » by gipper08 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:49 am

Threezus wrote:
gipper08 wrote:
Threezus wrote:

How are 2 players that are possibly top 5 for Nash at PG all time and a player in PG13 who was considered top 10 player in the NBA alot of years not considered superstars?

Nash is not top 20 all time if we count defense. He flopped in every system but one.PG is wildly inconsistent.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,188

Post#50 » by _AIJ_ » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:11 pm

Kalela wrote:Luka has the most annoying fans in the league.

Amen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#51 » by The_Hater » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:22 pm

Imon wrote:They had the third pick.

This L goes most to Vlade IMO.

All 3 GM’s deserves L’s for passing on Doncic, Schlenk just deserves the smallest L in this case.
    AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
    Nurse is below average at best.
    Masai is overrated.
    I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
    Birth of the Cool
    Analyst
    And1: 1,451

Post#52 » by Birth of the Cool » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:23 pm

It's still to early to tell. Sure Luka looks great but I think a lot of people are downplaying how great Young is looking. I think he has one of the best passing skills/vision in the game today. His defense will always be a weakness due to his stature but offensively he's already up there as one of the best in the league in year 2 and Cam Reddish took some big steps this year and looked like a star in various points of the season.

If you ask any Hawks fan I don't think many are belly aching about it now like they first did.
    The_Hater
    GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
    And1: 40,048

Post#53 » by The_Hater » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:08 pm

Birth of the Cool wrote:It's still to early to tell. Sure Luka looks great but I think a lot of people are downplaying how great Young is looking. I think he has one of the best passing skills/vision in the game today. His defense will always be a weakness due to his stature but offensively he's already up there as one of the best in the league in year 2 and Cam Reddish took some big steps this year and looked like a star in various points of the season.

If you ask any Hawks fan I don't think many are belly aching about it now like they first did.

People aren’t downplaying Young, he’s very, very good on offense (lets even ignore that he was the worst defensive player in the entire league this past season). But getting a transcendent player like Doncic is how you compete for and win championships. That’s how the history of the NBA works. And adding Reddish as part of the transaction doesn’t help move the scales, especially when ATL passed on much better prospects, that shouldn’t even be mentioned as part of your argument.

Not nearly the same level of mistake Phoenix and Sacramento made but still a mistake.
    AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
    Nurse is below average at best.
    Masai is overrated.
    I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
    Jamaaliver
    Forum Mod - Hawks
    Forum Mod - Hawks
    And1: 14,534

Post#54 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:31 pm

Read on Twitter
    Jamaaliver
    Forum Mod - Hawks
    Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#55 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:05 pm

Read on Twitter
    Jamaaliver
    Forum Mod - Hawks
    Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#56 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:29 pm

Read on Twitter
    Ambrose
    Assistant Coach
    And1: 4,438

Post#57 » by Ambrose » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:56 pm

Trae Young is going to be a stud in his own right. I don't think he'll be as good as Luka but he could be a superstar for years to come himself. That's hardly something to rip someone for.
    jg77
    Bench Warmer
    And1: 1,423

Post#58 » by jg77 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:06 pm

I'm pretty sure Trae would have his team in the playoffs if he had Porzingis as his sidekick and Carlisle as his coach. I still think Trae could end up having the better career.
    birdlives_ma
    Senior
    And1: 779

Post#59 » by birdlives_ma » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:25 pm

Naw, we’re fine with it. It’s easy for it to look “worse by the minute” when only 1 side is playing. Cam looked like a monster the last month we were playing, not to mention the fact that every other move TS has made has been a winner.
    birdlives_ma
    Senior
    And1: 779

Post#60 » by birdlives_ma » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:01 pm

durden_tyler wrote:

Not according to Steve Nash, he’s called Trae a generational talent as a passer on more than one occasion.

Return to The General Board