Giannis headbutts moe Wagner

packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Re: Giannis headbutts moe Wagner 

Post#141 » by packforfreedom » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:59 pm

GusT15 wrote:
Chandan wrote:
big-shot-ROB wrote:Giannis has been a punk for a while now. The last 3 seasons he's been constantly staring down meaningless bench warmers for dunking on them on meaningless games.

He's also developed the LeBron James syndrome where he blatantly uses his elbows when driving. Anyone who has played a little of bball can understand how frustrating it is to defend people who throw out elbows when they are driving.

There's nothing humble about Giannis. He shouldn't be, he's the MVP. But to act like he is a nice person like say Kemba, or Duncan or Klay: lol.

The mean mugging is so forced. I can't believe he did it in the celtics game after the ref bailed him out from fouling out twice.

I think that was the game that I realized celtics have really likeable players (having Lowry certainly helps me appreciate Smart more) and giannias is a fake tough guy.

If you've seen enough games of the Bucks you'd know that certain teams/players defend Giannis with a really dangerous/floppy way of having defenders fall backwards before contact to draw a charge.

The Celtics do that-and Giannis really doesn't like it.
I clearly remember Moe Wagner and the Wiz constantly flopping on the February game-when Giannis was fouled out.

When your team has a GOAT defensive gameplan and rotation GIannis apparently will praise his opponents-like he did with Leonard and Gasol last year.

When the opponent dangerously flops at his feet,Giannis will headbutt Moe Wagner.(Or scream "why are you falling?" at Semi Ojeleye)

But this cuts both ways. Giannis gets away with a ton of fouls on offense and is generally well protected by the refs leaving not many options if you're a defender.
sikma42
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,558

Post#142 » by sikma42 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:19 pm

packforfreedom wrote:
GusT15 wrote:
Chandan wrote:
The mean mugging is so forced. I can't believe he did it in the celtics game after the ref bailed him out from fouling out twice.

I think that was the game that I realized celtics have really likeable players (having Lowry certainly helps me appreciate Smart more) and giannias is a fake tough guy.

If you've seen enough games of the Bucks you'd know that certain teams/players defend Giannis with a really dangerous/floppy way of having defenders fall backwards before contact to draw a charge.

The Celtics do that-and Giannis really doesn't like it.
I clearly remember Moe Wagner and the Wiz constantly flopping on the February game-when Giannis was fouled out.

When your team has a GOAT defensive gameplan and rotation GIannis apparently will praise his opponents-like he did with Leonard and Gasol last year.

When the opponent dangerously flops at his feet,Giannis will headbutt Moe Wagner.(Or scream "why are you falling?" at Semi Ojeleye)

But this cuts both ways. Giannis gets away with a ton of fouls on offense and is generally well protected by the refs leaving not much options if you're a defender.

This. He comes through the lane, often traveling, while swinging he elbows violently daring you to move out the way or get a concussion. I don't mind players attempting to take charges on him. Not really another option for most guys.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,843

Post#143 » by JShuttlesworth » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:19 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
JShuttlesworth wrote:Players get suspended 2-3 games for throwing punches, I'm not sure why connecting on a headbutt would be any different.

This was was the punch equivalent of no wind-up punch where its more of a push. It's not like he winded up and intended (or even delievered in a manner) than could do much damage. Ingraham winding up and throwing haymakers was only 4 games and thats a type of shot that could seriously injure a guy.

Ever headbutted someone? Ever been headbutted? Doesn't sound like you've experienced either.

There's a reason they don't allow it in even the most physical contact sports. It doesn't take much to generate a powerful impact, whoever is on the receiving end definitely feels it.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,681

Post#144 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:22 pm

Amazing how anyone with a brain can watch Giannis play and not clearly see that he gets called for more phantom offensive fouls than any player in recent history outside of Shaq. Until the NBA stops rewarding flopping as a viable defensive tactic (it's not, it's a 100% dirty play that can get people injured), then more and more of these players are going to start getting fed up with this sort of thing. That doesn't excuse what Giannis did, he still needs to keep his cool, but I can't blame him a whole lot for being frustrated at all these clowns that constantly dive at his legs and undercut him in mid-air. Great acting job by Wagner though. Academy Award worthy.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,817

Post#145 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:26 pm

Shout out to the couple Bucks fans who didn't make excuses or try and pretend like this was nothing.
Shout out to the couple fans of Eastern rivals who didn't overly sensationalize this.

Ugh to all the partisan nonsense itt. It was a clear head butt. It was flat wrong. Giannis himself acknowledged as much. He should get a game, or maybe even carry it over into next RS but not a playoff game.

And Shuttlesworth is right -- some of you have clearly never even bumped heads with another human to think that wouldn't hurt. Give me a break with the acting comments towards Wagner.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,843

Post#146 » by JShuttlesworth » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:32 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Shout out to the couple Bucks fans who didn't make excuses or try and pretend like this was nothing.
Shout out to the couple fans of Eastern rivals who didn't overly sensationalize this.

Ugh to all the partisan nonsense itt. It was a clear head butt. It was flat wrong. Giannis himself acknowledged as much. He should get a game, or maybe even carry it over into next RS but not a playoff game.

And Shuttlesworth is right -- some of you have clearly never even bumped heads with another human to think that wouldn't hurt. Give me a break with the acting comments towards Wagner.

This.

I'm not saying it was the most powerful headbutt, but it was a headbutt nonetheless, and he connected with it. Headbutts hurt, I've been there before. The power from that headbutt was much more than the majority of missed punches, and flailing arms you see in typical NBA "fights".

It was a bonehead move by Giannis, that's all. There's no reason to defend his behaviour.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#147 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:34 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

The Wagner comments are a separate topic and not really relevant for Giannis being an idiot here.

Flopping is a serious issue the NBA needs to get under control. They over protect three point shooters where there needs to be a super wide landing radius even if the shooter makes unnatural moves to purposely land on another player. But yet guys can undercut someone going up for a dunk?

When a guy like Lowry or Smart undercut Giannis when he is jumping and going full speed (aka its impossible for Giannis change directions since he is in the air) it is a disaster waiting to happen. It's to the point where I hope we avoid the Celtics not because I think they can beat us but I'm seriously afraid Giannis will get injured by Smart at some point in a seven game series.
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,255

Post#148 » by Knicks Byke » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:41 pm

Giannis Icannothooptho. F this clown, corny and unnecessarily animated. You the MVP but still should get suspended for this.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,961

Post#149 » by ATLTimekeeper » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:47 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

The Wagner comments are a separate topic and not really relevant for Giannis being an idiot here.

Flopping is a serious issue the NBA needs to get under control. They over protect three point shooters where there needs to be a super wide landing radius even if the shooter makes unnatural moves to purposely land on another player. But yet guys can undercut someone going up for a dunk?

When a guy like Lowry or Smart undercut Giannis when he is jumping and going full speed (aka its impossible for Giannis change directions since he is in the air) it is a disaster waiting to happen. It's to the point where I hope we avoid the Celtics not because I think they can beat us but I'm seriously afraid Giannis will get injured by Smart at some point in a seven game series.

Show me the highlights where these guys routinely undercut him while he's in the air. Since both players are known for drawing charges, it's more likely that it was a freak occurrence and not an attempt to undercut him, specifically. If Giannis can't learn to pull up and shoot, then he's just going to keep running into guys. Leading with his head against Wagner was stupid. He's lucky he didn't end up with a concussion.
Kordic27
Analyst
And1: 3,284

Post#150 » by Kordic27 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:06 pm

Wait, so flopping is now a dangerous move? Really!?
Trusted Ujiri Watcher
BenoUdrihFTL
RealGM
And1: 23,487

Post#151 » by BenoUdrihFTL » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:09 pm

That was horrific. Giannis needs to be suspended for the 2nd round
lamscott
Analyst
And1: 3,036

Post#152 » by lamscott » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:12 pm

Hold my beer - Lebron
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#153 » by The_Hater » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:12 pm

Definitely the lowest moment of Giannis’ career. What in the world was he thinking?

It will be interesting to see what type of suspension the league gives him as it’s length could obviously have huge playoff repercussions.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#154 » by macNcheese3 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:13 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:That was a head bump... not a head butt. Don't let the soft flop fool you. But its the nba so suspend him for the entire playoffs :)

Definitely more of a “head bump” as you said.
The_Hater

Post#155 » by The_Hater » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:16 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Shout out to the couple Bucks fans who didn't make excuses or try and pretend like this was nothing.

The entire ‘it didn’t hurt’ argument is pointless anyways. He’s going to be suspended based on the act, not the result, as he should be. Especially in a league that is now handing out flagrant fouls for hits to the head or face even when it’s been accidental.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#156 » by skones » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:17 pm

The_Hater wrote:Definitely the lowest moment of Giannis’ career. What in the world was he thinking?

It will be interesting to see what type of suspension the league gives him as it’s length could obviously have huge playoff repercussions.

Lol, no it's not. He knocked Mike Dunleavy Jr. into 1996 when the Bucks were getting mauled in a game 6 vs. Chicago in his second year for recklessly flailing his limbs.
cursedsportsfan
Rookie
And1: 1,448

Post#157 » by cursedsportsfan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:19 pm

I wouldn't call this a headbutt. More of a head bump.

Anyone who thinks this should be more than one game is crazy.
The_Hater

Post#158 » by The_Hater » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:20 pm

skones wrote:
The_Hater wrote:Definitely the lowest moment of Giannis’ career. What in the world was he thinking?

Lol, no it's not. He knocked Mike Dunleavy Jr. into 1996 when the Bucks were getting mauled in a game 6 in his second year for recklessly flailing his limbs.

I forgot about that. Still, that happened when the Bucks season was basically over not right before the playoffs when you’re the best player on a title contender. Only one of these acts effects your teammates and your organization in the most selfish way possible.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
sikma42
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,558

Post#159 » by sikma42 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:22 pm

Giannis just wants people to let him do whatever he wants. He is a baby. Can't even take a charge on him...that wasn't even close to a flop.

Also sounds like he has a temper problem, likely outside of basketball.
The_Hater

Post#160 » by The_Hater » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:23 pm

cursedsportsfan wrote:I wouldn't call this a headbutt. More of a head bump.

Anyone who thinks this should be more than one game is crazy.

If you think he’s only getting one game, you probably haven’t followed the NBA since 1996. They've been working overtime to clean up both Dirty play and hits to the head for a few years now and this crossed the line on both.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.

Return to The General Board