Giannis headbutts moe Wagner

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Re: Giannis headbutts moe Wagner 

Post#181 » by Bankai » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:22 pm

It's a headbutt with intent. I dont even know how this is debatable. Wagner's reaction does not make it disappear. A Jab and a Haymaker is still a punch. If it didn't have consequences, fine, but he still threw it. It at least warrants a game or 2.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,758

Post#182 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:46 pm

and now someone has managed to shoehorn their totally uninvolved star player being the real victim here. GB never disappoints.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,022

Post#183 » by Darth Celtic » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:56 pm

He will be suspended the last game, which he wouldn't have played in anyways. NBA saves face. He's not getting anything in the playoffs.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,790

Post#184 » by Duffman100 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:59 pm

10 pages for a small headbutt? Wow, has the NBA ever changed.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,061

Post#185 » by Lalouie » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:07 pm

the nba won't suspend a mega superstar on a championship run when they only fined a shmoe like john starks
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,122

Post#186 » by Chandan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:28 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Amazing how anyone with a brain can watch Giannis play and not clearly see that he gets called for more phantom offensive fouls than any player in recent history outside of Shaq. Until the NBA stops rewarding flopping as a viable defensive tactic (it's not, it's a 100% dirty play that can get people injured), then more and more of these players are going to start getting fed up with this sort of thing. That doesn't excuse what Giannis did, he still needs to keep his cool, but I can't blame him a whole lot for being frustrated at all these clowns that constantly dive at his legs and undercut him in mid-air. Great acting job by Wagner though. Academy Award worthy.

how do you have a picture of Ron Swanson and be able to lie to yourself like that?
And1+2
Head Coach
And1: 10,408

Post#187 » by And1+2 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:43 pm

Can one of you .gif/video editing savvy people edit the video and put Buck horns on Giannis? That could win the internet.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,613

Post#188 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:08 pm

Chandan wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Amazing how anyone with a brain can watch Giannis play and not clearly see that he gets called for more phantom offensive fouls than any player in recent history outside of Shaq. Until the NBA stops rewarding flopping as a viable defensive tactic (it's not, it's a 100% dirty play that can get people injured), then more and more of these players are going to start getting fed up with this sort of thing. That doesn't excuse what Giannis did, he still needs to keep his cool, but I can't blame him a whole lot for being frustrated at all these clowns that constantly dive at his legs and undercut him in mid-air. Great acting job by Wagner though. Academy Award worthy.

how do you have a picture of Ron Swanson and be able to lie to yourself like that?

Is this anything like Raptors fans lying to themselves everyday about things like "Kyle Lowry doesn't flop" and "a superstar will totally, willingly come to Toronto one day"?

Cuz if so......Yes.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,536

Post#189 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:25 pm

Read on Twitter
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,022

Post#190 » by Darth Celtic » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:26 pm

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Read on Twitter
Yup. Like I said. One game he wouldn't play anyway

Sent from my moto g(7) using RealGM mobile app
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,790

Post#191 » by Duffman100 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:37 pm

Duffman100 wrote:One game max.

8-)
DaPessimist
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,500

Post#192 » by DaPessimist » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:03 pm

The block/charge rule definitely needs to be addressed. Way too many defenders sliding under players to try and get charges calls these days. Not only is it bad basketball to watch, but it leads to more injuries.

I understand why players do it, because it's almost impossible to try and block a shot these days without getting called for a foul. On top of that, offensive players are taking 3 and 4 steps on their way to the hoop, making it more difficult to defend the rim.

Honestly, if I'm coaching in the modern NBA, I'm probably telling my players to fall down on every play, because why not? You're more likely to get a charge call (which results in a TO and foul) than to get a block without fouling. That's why you see guys like Kyle Lowry who literally take a dive on every single defensive play.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,518

Post#193 » by Profound23 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:13 am

Warriors Analyst wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
Infinite Llamas wrote:The thing is, when you have a guy as predictable on his drives like Giannis is, the charge is a viable tactic. There aren’t many nuances to Giannis’ offensive game and yes, he will get hacked but he deals a lot of punishment himself with elbows and hooks. All these charges and 50/50 calls simply illustrate the flaws of Giannis’ offensive game, and his need to diversify his arsenal of moves. Athleticism fades and you can’t be trying to dunk or slash on every play once you get into your 30’s.

Understood, but when a dude is midair and you are still sliding, pushing your shoulder forward, or decide to bridge him (much like Marcus Smart does) so he falls on his wrist/back then the call is an offensive foul, not sure what you guys expect a player to do.

The funny thing is if Giannis were in LA or playing with Curry in GS, those are all called blocking fouls and this isn't even an issue.

Giannis doesn't get a great whistle, but Curry never has either. If there's anyone that gets a favorable whistle on the Warriors, it's Draymond. Curry gets mauled off-ball and refs very often do not call fouls when he gets hit mid-air on drives.

I understand that. Please understand when the Bucks were robbed in the 2001 ECF and most of that Ray Allen/Big Dog/Cassell era all Bucks fans heard was "well, if you want to get the foul calls you have to attack the hoop and stop settling for jump shots all the time." Now we have a dude who attacks the rim better than anyone since Shaq and when he doesn't get the whistle it's even more excuses. Kind of annoying. A foul is a foul....I am sick of hearing excuses. People need to just be honest and see that if you play in Milwaukee you get fewer calls than if you play for a big market. My post wasn't saying Curry gets a favorable whistle, it was stating the NBA is doing anything possible to get Giannis out of Milwaukee and to a team like LA or GS while Curry is there.
LuckyLeprechaun
Rookie
And1: 1,333

Post#194 » by LuckyLeprechaun » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:35 am

Profound23 wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
Understood, but when a dude is midair and you are still sliding, pushing your shoulder forward, or decide to bridge him (much like Marcus Smart does) so he falls on his wrist/back then the call is an offensive foul, not sure what you guys expect a player to do.

The funny thing is if Giannis were in LA or playing with Curry in GS, those are all called blocking fouls and this isn't even an issue.

Giannis doesn't get a great whistle, but Curry never has either. If there's anyone that gets a favorable whistle on the Warriors, it's Draymond. Curry gets mauled off-ball and refs very often do not call fouls when he gets hit mid-air on drives.

I understand that. Please understand when the Bucks were robbed in the 2001 ECF and most of that Ray Allen/Big Dog/Cassell era all Bucks fans heard was "well, if you want to get the foul calls you have to attack the hoop and stop settling for jump shots all the time." Now we have a dude who attacks the rim better than anyone since Shaq and when he doesn't get the whistle it's even more excuses. Kind of annoying. A foul is a foul....I am sick of hearing excuses. People need to just be honest and see that if you play in Milwaukee you get fewer calls than if you play for a big market. My post wasn't saying Curry gets a favorable whistle, it was stating the NBA is doing anything possible to get Giannis out of Milwaukee and to a team like LA or GS while Curry is there.

Giannis is 2nd in the NBA in FTA per game. He gets plenty of calls. You act like he is supposed to get to the line every time anyone lays a finger on him. If the NBA worked that way games would be unwatchable. The fact is he gets more calls than anyone except Harden. There's no argument that he should be getting more.
Perseus1966
Veteran
And1: 1,159

Post#195 » by Perseus1966 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:43 am

LuckyLeprechaun wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:

Giannis is 2nd in the NBA in FTA per game. He gets plenty of calls. You act like he is supposed to get to the line every time anyone lays a finger on him. If the NBA worked that way games would be unwatchable. The fact is he gets more calls than anyone except Harden. There's no argument that he should be getting more.

Harden ,Doncic,Lowry go to the line when someone lau a finger on them.
I want RoLo to be my son in law!
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#196 » by Jedzz » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:47 am

I think it's starting to become clear that Moe Wagner is good at climbing into the heads of team's big players. He seems like a snakey player that is willing to take on the task. I remember him climbing into the head of Karl Towns during a game and he paid rent there for four quarters that day. In a couple more seasons he might be a tough opponent to have a big game against.
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,714

Post#197 » by slicedbread2 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:59 am

Infinite Llamas wrote:The thing is, when you have a guy as predictable on his drives like Giannis is, the charge is a viable tactic. There aren’t many nuances to Giannis’ offensive game and yes, he will get hacked but he deals a lot of punishment himself with elbows and hooks. All these charges and 50/50 calls simply illustrate the flaws of Giannis’ offensive game, and his need to diversify his arsenal of moves. Athleticism fades and you can’t be trying to dunk or slash on every play once you get into your 30’s.

It also doesn't help that Giannis' best year at 3P% was his rookie year at 34.7%. Surprisingly, his shooting form wasn't bad with major opportunities to improve further, then all of a sudden, the developmental staff botched it and until he fixes that, it ain't gonna be pretty like you said once his athleticism fades.

mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,031

Post#198 » by mediocrityrules » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:13 am

slicedbread2 wrote:

It also doesn't help that Giannis' best year at 3P% was his rookie year at 34.7%. Surprisingly, his shooting form wasn't bad with major opportunities to improve further, then all of a sudden, the developmental staff botched it and until he fixes that, it ain't gonna be pretty like you said once his athleticism fades.

I don't even need to see the video to know that he came into the league at 6 foot 8, and was 6 foot 11 half way through the next season. That's what screws up shot mechanics as much as anything else. Huge growth spurts.
Circling calendars since 2021
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,518

Post#199 » by Profound23 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:43 pm

Jedzz wrote:I think it's starting to become clear that Moe Wagner is good at climbing into the heads of team's big players. He seems like a snakey player that is willing to take on the task. I remember him climbing into the head of Karl Towns during a game and he paid rent there for four quarters that day. In a couple more seasons he might be a tough opponent to have a big game against.

It is how he made his name at Michigan. His brother is even worse.
Brofessor24
Sixth Man
And1: 888

Post#200 » by Brofessor24 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:20 pm

It's hilarious to me that some folks are bitching about Wagner.

"B-but Giannis dindo nuthin."

Return to The General Board