The east first round is set

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,022

Re: The east first round is set 

Post#81 » by Darth Celtic » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:37 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:The fall of Philly and the move to the Lakers by LeBron and Clippers by KL makes the East really really weak. Likely Celtics or Toronto come out of the East....and I think there are 6 teams better than them in the West. :(

wait, what?

As much as I'd like to give those 2 teams a chance..... The bucks are most likely to come out of the East and there are not 6 teams in the West better than them.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Joshyjess
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,932

Post#82 » by Joshyjess » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:44 pm

Bucks, Raptors, Celtics and Heat should all win if they all score more points then their opponents. If they don't, then the other teams will proababl win! :naaa:
bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,911

Post#83 » by bape_lovers » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:23 pm

imagine the crowds if it wasnt for COVID :banghead:

fianchetto wrote:Finally gonna get a Raps Celtics series. Can't wait. This place will get messy.

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#84 » by Feed Your Head » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:25 pm

Embiid is awesome, and he will put up huge numbers in the series. But without Simmons, the Celtics have four of the five best players in the series, including Tatum who has been almost as good as Embiid as far as impact.

As good as Embiid is, he’s not in that prime Lebron level where he can almost singlehandedly carry a team to a series win over a much more talented roster. Celts in 5, IMO.
First Step
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,929

Post#85 » by First Step » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:33 pm

The Comedian wrote:Embiid is awesome, and he will put up huge numbers in the series. But without Simmons, the Celtics have four of the five best players in the series, including Tatum who has been almost as good as Embiid as far as impact.

As good as Embiid is, he’s not in that prime Lebron level where he can almost singlehandedly carry a team to a series win over a much more talented roster. Celts in 5, IMO.

He's just a bad match-up for the Celtics. Theis and Kanter can't guard him straight up, so it will be on guys like Harris and Richardson to make secondary plays when the double comes. Celtics are too deep and make up the difference there in other areas, so I see them winning.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#86 » by kuclas » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:24 pm

The Comedian wrote:Embiid is awesome, and he will put up huge numbers in the series. But without Simmons, the Celtics have four of the five best players in the series, including Tatum who has been almost as good as Embiid as far as impact.

Horford can still do a lot of damage if Tatum or Hayward are guarding him in the low block.

One of the downfall of playing 3 guys who are 6-7 to 6-8.

Losing Simmons is gonna to hurt sixers big time on the defensive end. But Celtics have to stay home more on defense.

You kind of got the pace of play Toronto vs sixers the first quarter yesterday. Toronto has to hard double team embiid. And that’s with gasol as the defender. Just up to embiid to find the open cutter or open shooter. Teams can’t do the fake sag double team on embiid. The question comes down to is embiid healthy enough and fit enough to WANT to dominate for 35 full minutes.

Or is he gonna to coast for 20 of the 40 minutes he may need to play.

That will be how the series will be determined. Because the Celtics have no one to guard embiid. It will be determine by embiid frustration settling for Bad shots or embiid causing havoc getting sixers early free throw due to causing so many fouls.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#87 » by VDT » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:06 pm

Sixers-Celtics are in theory the closest series in the East.

It will be interesting to see how the series will look as the two teams have completely different playstyles and the Sixers are still a bit of a mystery due to the constant line up changes. They havent had time to build any chemistry but on the flip side the offensive fit is better and the team will be able to play a more modern brand of basketball.
KIRAG
Veteran
And1: 2,544

Post#88 » by KIRAG » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:54 am

KIRAG wrote:The Heat is scary, I feel they could be the dark horse to come out of the East. It doesn't help that they will probably sweep or win the 1st round in 5 games with a depleted Pacers team.

Boy not only did they sweep the Pacers they almost also swept the Bucks :o

I still think they come out of the east. Their chemistry is very evident and they're clicking on all cylinders

I think the ECF would go to 6 games even 7 games whoever they face.
KIRAG
Veteran
And1: 2,544

Post#89 » by KIRAG » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:45 am

KIRAG wrote:The Heat is scary, I feel they could be the dark horse to come out of the East. It doesn't help that they will probably sweep or win the 1st round in 5 games with a depleted Pacers team.

I just had a feeling.

Now I think they are winning it all. Heat in 6.

Return to The General Board