Paul Arizin Career Highlights

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

70sFan
RealGM
And1: 23,505

Paul Arizin Career Highlights 

Post#1 » by 70sFan » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:56 pm

Paul Arizin was probably the best perimeter player of the 1950s and the best player of 1956 Warriors, a team that won the title. One of the most underappreciated player in NBA history in my opinion.

He was known for his shooting ability, although it's a misconception that he invented the jumpshot. In an interview I've seen that he said he used jumpshot to draw fouls. You can see that he had very high elevation during shooting mechanics and he often jumped into defender to get higher possibility of being fouled. On outside, he used mostly a one-handed setshot.

Very few people remember that Pitchin Paul was known for his jumping ability and he was indeed quite athletic player, who thrived in much more athletic 1960s era. On defense, I haven't seen enough to judge him but he seemed to be physical defender who often guarded bigger and stronger men (after all, he played at forward position despite being only 6'4 without the shoes).

I hope that this video will help people understand Arizin's style and it'll make him more known in basketball community. Enjoy! :)

Return to The General Board