Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,650

Re: Does anyone else feel like crap since Kobe’s passing 

Post#81 » by Johnny Bball » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:10 pm

This reeks of a troll thread and OP is not believable.
Picasso
Rookie
And1: 896

Post#82 » by Picasso » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:14 pm

Through life I along with many others. Have lost family members and closest of friends. In many different ways. Sure was hearing about Kobe passing sad, of course. He was still young had his children, same as Michael Jackson. Seeing someone like Muhammad Ali was a bit sadder for as I was a huge fan and greatly respected the impact he made in the world. However in no way did any of those passings ever compare to the people who I loved and cared about and made impact in my life directly.

If anything see how sad you are about Kobe passing, go and tell your family and friends you love them. Appreciate them as much as you can. Because those are the losses that are truly going to affect you and change your life forever.
I had to jump off the boat to walk on water.
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst
And1: 4,957

Post#83 » by Mind_Odyssey » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:15 pm

KingDavid wrote:People deal with and process grief differently from one another. Sometimes outside influences can make it better or worse. Wish the op well and move along.

None of us are above reproach but what you find important or meaningful to yourselves is not some universal law that needs to be followed by others.

That’s how I feel.

The OP could be 13 and never experienced a significant loss in his life and might process Kobe’s death differently than say you or I.

The first time somebody that impacted us in someway dies is not easy. Even if it’s something small like a neighbor that used to say hello to you once in awhile who died. RealizIng the harsh reality of death sucks more than anything.

Return to The General Board