Bulls Fire Jim Boylen

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,421

Re: Bulls Fire Jim Boylen 

Post#41 » by scrabbarista » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:34 pm

Excited?
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,184

Post#42 » by kenwood3333 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:55 pm

Priest24 wrote:
kenwood3333 wrote:Hire Adrian Griffin as coach and sign Chicago native FVV to fill the PG - I believe this team should make the playoff next year

Why would you want to obstruct Coby Whites development?

Too many young players in that locker room; they need a veteran to guide them; PG is a position of need for the Bulls and FVV is the best realistic choice on upcoming free agent market.
RoundMoundOfRebound
RealGM
And1: 13,373

Post#43 » by RoundMoundOfRebound » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:13 pm

Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#44 » by Buzzard » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:19 pm

CraftylikeaFox wrote:
Buzzard wrote:I think its a good move but still hate it. The coaching pool is about to get thinner. If Pierce does not right the ship, the Hawks just might be looking for one after next season. Or sooner if things start off really bad in 2020/21.

How are you already at this stage of discontent? The Hawks team is full of young guys still getting their feet wet, with most completely unproven at the NBA level. Trae still needs to refine his game as well, even though he's insanely talented. The Hawks won't be competing for the playoffs for at least a few seasons, no matter who the coach is.

I watch the Hawks almost every night they play and was not impressed with Pierce in game strategies. One example, he had the 30th ranked worse 3 point shooting team in the league taking the 8th most three point shots in the league.

It was like watching a team in denial all season long. We can shoot, I just feel it was the mantra. Pierce thought we were the Rockets or Mavericks but we should have been playing more like the Grizzlies. That is my opinion on just one thing. Don't get me started with the small ball lineups that featured Collins at center for way to many games.

Pierce is a young coach and just like with the young players, I hope he learned some good things this season We will see.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#45 » by macNcheese3 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:27 pm

Genuinely happy for Bulls fans!
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#46 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:58 pm

Bulls legitimately cleaned house. All brand spanking new. Hopeful for the future
JB2
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,084

Post#47 » by JB2 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:29 pm

Atkinson should be at the top of their list. He took the Nets from the basement to a playoff team with established and valued young talent. NYK messed up passing on him. Learn from NY's mistake, Chicago.

Lue aint right for this team at all.
Hindenburg
Head Coach
And1: 13,854

Post#48 » by Hindenburg » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:03 pm

macNcheese3
RealGM

Post#49 » by macNcheese3 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:24 pm

JB2 wrote:Atkinson should be at the top of their list. He took the Nets from the basement to a playoff team with established and valued young talent. NYK messed up passing on him. Learn from NY's mistake, Chicago.

Lue aint right for this team at all.

I agree with Atkinson. He would be a good choice. Lue is a yes man, and more tailored towards taking a back seat and letting the Superstars run the show. Horrible coach, IMO.
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,668

Post#50 » by -Sammy- » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:19 pm

Obligatory:

Congratulations, Bulls Nation!
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,603

Post#51 » by Curmudgeon » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:42 pm

If Atkinson is so great, why did the Nets fire him?
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
wutevahung
Pro Prospect
And1: 665

Post#52 » by wutevahung » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:44 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
Sane wrote:Yeah fine, but their front office have been horrible judges of talent and that's the main problem they need to fix. I think they hired some new people this summer.

If they find a coach that can convince Lavine to go to the line 9+ times a game, it will turn them around. That's one thing they can do that costs nothing but being educated about how to motivate a person with that age/fame/talent/generation. Guys like Boylen, Thibs, JVG are no good at that.

Could also be they saw Phoenix's success and thought there's no way they would see that kind of growth with Boylen, which may or may not be fair. I'm sure he's a poor game strategist, but his qualities might have been exactly what they needed before being handed over to another coach.

Curious about what Bulls fans think.

Interested how you came to the conclusion of putting Thibs in this group.. Did he not do this for Rose and Butler?

The only star player to have a problem with Thibs was KAT. Who still has yet to make the playoffs without him. IDK how He gets a bad rep for not being able to develop young players. Its mind boggling. Even Wiggins spoke highly of Thibs lol

Atleast Knicks got Kenny Payne tho. A guy who can relate to the young guys while Thibs focuses on the X's and O's. Thibs is in the perfect situation tbh

I would say the problem was he did not develop KAT or Wiggins. KAT is still a terrible defender, and the last time when they were in the play off, Thibs favored Jeff Teague iso and parked KAT in the corner for spacing. It was a waste of talent and play off experience. Wiggins still had a shot chart of a early 2000 sf, and was also not committed defensively.

You don’t need a public discourse or some type of beef to know that if he is fit to do that or not.
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,001

Post#53 » by jokeboy86 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:57 pm

igorbianch wrote:
jokeboy86 wrote:
v1n5anity wrote:Adrian Griffin has ties with the Bulls. He can surely help them after winning a championship with the Raps and learning a thing or two from Nick Nurse. I'd be happy for him if he gets a job with the Bulls or another team, but I'd like to keep him with the Raps as well.

Yeaah, Griffin is about to be run out of the league in a couple days because this story with his ex-wife is not pretty. Plus there is a new target on the NBA and its teams and everything they do so they probably don't want to give the naysayers any more ammo to call them hypocrites. I expect the Raptors to release Griffin very shortly.

I don’t think the Raptors will fire the guys for some accusations.

Nor should they until they do their own investigation into it. But again let's say you're someone who doesn't like the NBA and the social stance that the league now proudly wears, you can say "the NBA acts like they care about social justice, equality and fairness but has teams that employ spousal abusers, sexual harassers and abusers, etc". Now more than ever there will be people looking to pick apart the NBA, its teams, owners, and players any chance they get. Do the Raptors or Bulls(or any other team) want to face the constant questions and the potential pr fallout from Griffin's situation or would it be easier to release him or not hire him and keep it moving?
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,201

Post#54 » by babyjax13 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:27 pm

Excellent. Not sure we've seen a worse coach in the league.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
igorbianch
Analyst
And1: 4,321

Post#55 » by igorbianch » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:30 pm

jokeboy86 wrote:
igorbianch wrote:
jokeboy86 wrote:
Yeaah, Griffin is about to be run out of the league in a couple days because this story with his ex-wife is not pretty. Plus there is a new target on the NBA and its teams and everything they do so they probably don't want to give the naysayers any more ammo to call them hypocrites. I expect the Raptors to release Griffin very shortly.

I don’t think the Raptors will fire the guys for some accusations.

Nor should they until they do their own investigation into it. But again let's say you're someone who doesn't like the NBA and the social stance that the league now proudly wears, you can say "the NBA acts like they care about social justice, equality and fairness but has teams that employ spousal abusers, sexual harassers and abusers, etc". Now more than ever there will be people looking to pick apart the NBA, its teams, owners, and players any chance they get. Do the Raptors or Bulls(or any other team) want to face the constant questions and the potential pr fallout from Griffin's situation or would it be easier to release him or not hire him and keep it moving?

Coaches and executives would be against that and they have some influence.

Accusations could happen to any of them, they don’t want to set a precedent where their life is over just because of some baseless accusation.

Players would probably support them too.
:lol:
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,075

Post#56 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:36 pm

It's unbelievable Boylen lasted this long. He and Fizdale were the worst coaches in the NBA by a mile.
jerok
Junior
And1: 577

Post#57 » by jerok » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:12 pm

what took so long?
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,269

Post#58 » by Yuri Vaultin » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:23 pm

Lavine will be pissed. His 95% usage rate might drop a bit...
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
bullsaficianado
Rookie
And1: 333

Post#59 » by bullsaficianado » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:53 pm

He made Vinny Del Negro look like Phil Jackson/Pop. There are better coaches out there, he was one of the Bulls worst head coaches since Tim Floyd.
macNcheese3
RealGM

Post#60 » by macNcheese3 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:59 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:If Atkinson is so great, why did the Nets fire him?

Atkinson seemed like he thrived in developing the younger guys and getting them to play to their best ability. He had them overachieve.

KD and Kyrie both have big mouths and need a yes man coach like Lue. Who can take a backseat and let the players take control. They probably had an issue with Atkinsons system thus firing him. It was an odd move on the face of it.

Return to The General Board