Chris Paul on James Harden: We don't talk

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,647

Chris Paul on James Harden: We don't talk 

Post#1 » by OkcSinceSGA » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:19 pm

Paraphrased a bit, basically what he's saying.

Read on Twitter

CP3 made his own bed to lay in by basically forcing a trade to be with Harden. Then they clearly weren't an ideal fit and neither handled conflict together particularly well. Just interesting to hear him basically admit they aren't on speaking terms really.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,307

Re: Chris Paul on James Harden: We don't talk 

Post#2 » by boomershadow » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:23 pm

I got good friends I would never tell their kids happy birthday lol.

I don"t even know when most of them are.
GusFring
Starter
And1: 2,671

Post#3 » by GusFring » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:24 pm

Do any of James Harden's teammates like him?
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#4 » by OkcSinceSGA » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:24 pm

boomershadow wrote:I got good friends I would never tell their kids happy birthday lol.

I don"t even know when most of them are.

True, but he also said basically that in general they don't talk at all, but he wishes him well. It didn't sound the same as the context of just being busy or forgetting a date.

Basileus777
General Manager
And1: 2,031

Post#5 » by Basileus777 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:27 pm

GusFring wrote:Do any of James Harden's teammates like him?

Do any of Chris Paul's?
GusFring
Starter

Post#6 » by GusFring » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:29 pm

Basileus777 wrote:

Do any of Chris Paul's?

Touché
Sharkboy242
Veteran
And1: 3,830

Post#7 » by Sharkboy242 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:29 pm

lol as if CP3 is known for being being amicable
LoneyROY
Veteran
And1: 2,972

Post#8 » by LoneyROY » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:29 pm

Is it Harden, or is it the guy who has famously had issues with teammates at virtually every stop.

Let's ask Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan. :lol:
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,311

Post#9 » by Tor_Raps » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:30 pm

Basileus777 wrote:

Do any of Chris Paul's?

Not being liked isn't necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes you gotta be demanding and it can come off the wrong way to the sensitive ones.
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#10 » by BarneyGumble » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:31 pm

I've been a Chris Paul hater all his career (with good reason too lol). This year, what he's done with OKC....and also the fact that Harden is painful to watch.....I am all in on OKC sending Russ and Weirdo-Beardo home lol. Go get em, Chris Paul!!!
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#11 » by BallerTalk » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:41 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:Paraphrased a bit, basically what he's saying.

CP3 made his own bed to lay in by basically forcing a trade to be with Harden. Then they clearly weren't an ideal fit and neither handled conflict together particularly well. Just interesting to hear him basically admit they aren't on speaking terms really.

So never mind they were the best team in the league that year and had on of the better seasons in league history?
It's been damn near four years since CP left your Clippers and you're still trying to spin the narrative :lol:

Harden and Paul weren't particularly close before they teamed up. They joined for the purpose of winning a ring and nearly made it happen.

Then Westbrook became available and Harden saw the opportunity to bring his friend to Houston and Chris Paul was the casualty.
Chris Paul was understandably bitter because he left LA to join a contender in Houston but ended up in OKC. But as he alluded to in the clip, I think both guys have moved on.
I know the basic facts aren't as scandalous as some seem to want/need them to be but It is what it is.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
GusFring
Starter

Post#12 » by GusFring » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:44 pm

Paul and Harden were indeed a great fit. How they didn't beat the warriors with kd out those last few games is a mystery. They choked.
Dutchball97
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,869

Post#13 » by Dutchball97 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:44 pm

I mean he just says they don't keep in touch but there is no beef. I don't see the problem.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,691

Post#14 » by WarriorGM » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:46 pm

GusFring wrote:Paul and Harden were indeed a great fit. How they didn't beat the warriors with kd out those last few games is a mystery. They choked.

No mystery at all for anyone who was watching the league for the past five years.

Cannot blame Harden for CP3 leaving the Clippers. Nothing was going to happen over there at the time.
GusFring
Starter

Post#15 » by GusFring » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:47 pm

WarriorGM wrote:
GusFring wrote:Paul and Harden were indeed a great fit. How they didn't beat the warriors with kd out those last few games is a mystery. They choked.

No mystery at all for anyone who was watching the league for the past five years.

I get your point, the warriors are amazing but damn the rockets matched up well. The year before was scary before Paul got hurt.
wutevahung
Pro Prospect
And1: 665

Post#16 » by wutevahung » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:47 pm

BallerTalk wrote:

So never mind they were the best team in the league that year and had on of the better seasons in league history?
It's been damn near four years since CP left your Clippers and you're still trying to spin the narrative :lol:

Harden and Paul weren't particularly close before they teamed up. They joined for the purpose of winning a ring and nearly made it happen.

Then Westbrook became available and Harden saw the opportunity to bring his friend to Houston and Chris Paul was the casualty.
Chris Paul was understandably bitter because he left LA to join a contender in Houston but ended up in OKC. But as he alluded to in the clip, I think both guys have moved on.
I know the basic facts aren't as scandalous as some seem to want/need them to be but It is what it is.

Anyone who thinks CP and Harden didn't work out in Houston really needs to stop thinking it's championship or bust.

Also, there is nothing wrong with what CP said. Not everyone in your life needs to be either best friend or enemy.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#17 » by OkcSinceSGA » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:49 pm

BallerTalk wrote:

All of this doesn't mean they were an ideal fit on or off the court. It just means the incredible talent was there.

LeMasta
Veteran
And1: 2,194

Post#18 » by LeMasta » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:51 pm

Westbrook? They knew each other for a longass time
Adam Stern
Sixth Man
And1: 1,767

Post#19 » by Adam Stern » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:56 pm

Dutchball97 wrote:I mean he just says they don't keep in touch but there is no beef. I don't see the problem.

Exactly.
This thread is just low hanging fruit aka hate bait for two of the most polarizing guys in the league.
Anybody excepting CP and Harden to be cussing each other out on the court tonight is probably going to be disappointed.
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 16,961

Post#20 » by Shock Defeat » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:59 pm

There are people I used to work with that I’m cool with in general but don’t talk whatsoever. It’s not that deep

Return to The General Board