ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (2-0 Miami)

Moderators: GeorgeMarcus, ken6199, BombsquadSammy, Domejandro, KingDavid, bwgood77, Dirk, jamaalstar21, zimpy27, infinite11285

Series Prediction

Celtics in 6
32
24%
Celtics in 7
33
24%
Heat in 4
9
7%
Heat in 5
24
18%
Heat in 6
34
25%
Heat in 7
3
2%
 
Total votes: 135

User avatar
Mikistan
RealGM
Posts: 16,853
And1: 26,215
Joined: Jun 30, 2008
Location: Shamblesland
     

Re: ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (1-0 Miami) 

Post#81 » by Mikistan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:22 pm

CoP wrote:
Mikistan wrote:I've seen more celtics fans mention refs than anyone else.
.

Really? Not sure what you're seeing - from the first 4 pages of this thread:
WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:**** marcus fart and his flops. Had to win twice.

Syd-TK3 wrote:The heat survived the refs

Elnegron wrote:Marcus smart with another gimmick play at the end. You can tel that play they practice it a lot. Run by smart, he slide and then flop. Look for theis to flop in game 2 to get bam in foul trouble because that's 40% of the so call Boston elite defense

iamoti wrote:How can you not complain on that Smart flop. It got you to the OT and almost cost us the game.

fishfuego. wrote:It wasn't so much that it was a flop, but a foul on Boston when J Jones jr was pushed into Smart. Heat should have won in regulation.

Vlade Divac wrote:It would be so fake if Boston won after Smart’s flop at the end of regulation. How they could not have seen it. Shameful. He better watch next few games - I wish he gets suspended.

MHeat0279 wrote:That last foul called on the Heat to tie the game up, was a disgrace, that game should have been over in regulation. Kemba pushed DJJ towards Smarts the flopper. It should have been a foul on Kemba and a technical foul on the flopper for his antics.

Interesting that you believe posts mentioning Marcus smarts flopping are actually related to reffing when the posts don't mention refs
Image
Boogie! wrote:Fvvvcccc ommggvvgg I forgive u
CoP
Veteran
Posts: 2,898
And1: 3,618
Joined: May 04, 2017
       

Re: ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (1-0 Miami) 

Post#82 » by CoP » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:26 pm

Mikistan wrote:
CoP wrote:
Mikistan wrote:I've seen more celtics fans mention refs than anyone else.
.

Really? Not sure what you're seeing - from the first 4 pages of this thread:
Spoiler:
WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:**** marcus fart and his flops. Had to win twice.

Syd-TK3 wrote:The heat survived the refs

Elnegron wrote:Marcus smart with another gimmick play at the end. You can tel that play they practice it a lot. Run by smart, he slide and then flop. Look for theis to flop in game 2 to get bam in foul trouble because that's 40% of the so call Boston elite defense

iamoti wrote:How can you not complain on that Smart flop. It got you to the OT and almost cost us the game.

fishfuego. wrote:It wasn't so much that it was a flop, but a foul on Boston when J Jones jr was pushed into Smart. Heat should have won in regulation.

Vlade Divac wrote:It would be so fake if Boston won after Smart’s flop at the end of regulation. How they could not have seen it. Shameful. He better watch next few games - I wish he gets suspended.

MHeat0279 wrote:That last foul called on the Heat to tie the game up, was a disgrace, that game should have been over in regulation. Kemba pushed DJJ towards Smarts the flopper. It should have been a foul on Kemba and a technical foul on the flopper for his antics.

Interesting that you believe posts mentioning Marcus smarts flopping are actually related to reffing when the posts don't mention refs

Obviously the two are intertwined, but good job completely ignoring the several posts I quoted that do mention the refs.
User avatar
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
Posts: 6,429
And1: 7,137
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Location: North York
       

Re: ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (1-0 Miami) 

Post#83 » by Vlade Divac » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:35 pm

CoP wrote:
Mikistan wrote:
CoP wrote:Really? Not sure what you're seeing - from the first 4 pages of this thread:
Spoiler:

Interesting that you believe posts mentioning Marcus smarts flopping are actually related to reffing when the posts don't mention refs

Obviously the two are intertwined, but good job completely ignoring the several posts I quoted that do mention the refs.


LOL

Not a good but a great job completely ignoring the fact that out of seven quotes you put up there SIX were about Smart flopping and ONLY one about ref bias. Really very solid argument to suggest that you still have to work on your false logic to use irrelevant quotes to prove your wrong concussions.
Image
MHeat0279
Pro Prospect
Posts: 846
And1: 891
Joined: Sep 09, 2005
 

Re: ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (1-0 Miami) 

Post#84 » by MHeat0279 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:38 pm

CoP wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
CoP wrote:Still hilarious that (some) Heat fans are crying about the refs when they were in the bonus for half of the 4th and shot 12 FTs in the quarter


they were in the bonus because your team fouls a lot, i can not believe your center was complaining in his sixth foul, he clearly slapped the heat player's arm, i guess your team is as blind as your fans.
That last foul called on the Heat to tie the game up, was a disgrace, that game should have been over in regulation. Kemba pushed DJJ towards Smarts the flopper. It should have been a foul on Kemba and a technical foul on the flopper for his antics.

LOL, your post is a disgrace. What about Crowder flopping for 3 FTAs earlier in the quarter? If Smart did that you and half the GB would blow their top. Stop crying about the refs dude, your team got the win. The officiating was fine.


why would i be crying, we got the win even after that horrible call which sent the game to over time.
MagicBagley18
Head Coach
Posts: 6,831
And1: 8,336
Joined: Feb 15, 2019
   

Re: ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (1-0 Miami) 

Post#85 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:51 pm

CoP wrote:
Durant Durant wrote:gentleman's sweep for the Heat

If Hayward doesn't come back, it very well could be. The Heat defense is absolutely suffocating when they step up the intensity.


We may lose the series but there’s no chance this doesn’t go at least 6. No way.
CoP
Veteran
Posts: 2,898
And1: 3,618
Joined: May 04, 2017
       

Re: ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (1-0 Miami) 

Post#86 » by CoP » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:52 pm

Vlade Divac wrote:
CoP wrote:
Mikistan wrote:Interesting that you believe posts mentioning Marcus smarts flopping are actually related to reffing when the posts don't mention refs

Obviously the two are intertwined, but good job completely ignoring the several posts I quoted that do mention the refs.


LOL

Not a good but a great job completely ignoring the fact that out of seven quotes you put up there SIX were about Smart flopping and ONLY one about ref bias. Really very solid argument to suggest that you still have to work on your false logic to use irrelevant quotes to prove your wrong concussions.

That's simply not true - several of the posts were about both Smart and the non-call - but I'm not going to keep going back and forth. Cheers.
User avatar
goodboy
RealGM
Posts: 44,880
And1: 179,236
Joined: Aug 07, 2014
Location: Living rent free in Saltics heads
 

Re: ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (1-0 Miami) 

Post#87 » by goodboy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:52 pm

Boston should never complain about anything to do with the whistle when we should have won by one prior to OT. Oh well.
Jayson "he's only 19 :o" Tatum
CoP
Veteran
Posts: 2,898
And1: 3,618
Joined: May 04, 2017
       

Re: ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (1-0 Miami) 

Post#88 » by CoP » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:54 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
CoP wrote:
Durant Durant wrote:gentleman's sweep for the Heat

If Hayward doesn't come back, it very well could be. The Heat defense is absolutely suffocating when they step up the intensity.


We may lose the series but there’s no chance this doesn’t go at least 6. No way.

I just feel like the Heat are better at the end of games, and the Celtics have showed several times these playoffs - last night and a few games vs. the Raptors - that they can struggle at the end of games.
CoP
Veteran
Posts: 2,898
And1: 3,618
Joined: May 04, 2017
       

Re: ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (1-0 Miami) 

Post#89 » by CoP » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:55 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:
CoP wrote:Stop crying about the refs dude, your team got the win. The officiating was fine.

why would i be crying, we got the win even after that horrible call which sent the game to over time.

I don't know why you would be crying. Why were you? Reminder:
MHeat0279 wrote:That last foul called on the Heat to tie the game up, was a disgrace, that game should have been over in regulation.
User avatar
goodboy
RealGM
Posts: 44,880
And1: 179,236
Joined: Aug 07, 2014
Location: Living rent free in Saltics heads
 

Re: ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (1-0 Miami) 

Post#90 » by goodboy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:56 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:
Elnegron wrote:Marcus smart with another gimmick play at the end. You can tel that play they practice it a lot. Run by smart, he slide and then flop. Look for theis to flop in game 2 to get bam in foul trouble because that's 40% of the so call Boston elite defense


Our defense >>>>>> yours. By basically most metrics. Your defense ain't that good, you got a bunch of guys that are easy to exploit, which is admitted by you coach and that zone. You would play man defense, if you could defend us.

Actually Kemba slightly pushed Jones into Smart, Jones extended his hands forward, which he shouldn't have done and that led to the foul.

Doubt Deuce Tatum agrees.
Jayson "he's only 19 :o" Tatum
User avatar
drosereturn
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,421
And1: 1,427
Joined: Oct 12, 2018

Re: ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (1-0 Miami) 

Post#91 » by drosereturn » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:04 pm

CoP wrote:
Durant Durant wrote:gentleman's sweep for the Heat

If Hayward doesn't come back, it very well could be. The Heat defense is absolutely suffocating when they step up the intensity.


Boston already lost this series. Not getting much contribution from Kemba and Hayward who are making half of the cap. Maybe if you upgrade them you can go to the finals but not their time yet.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
goodboys lats
Sophomore
Posts: 226
And1: 515
Joined: Dec 22, 2012
   

Re: ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (1-0 Miami) 

Post#92 » by goodboys lats » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:06 pm

Look at the points in the paint differential. That's why the Heat shot more FTs (though the Celtics shot over 90% from FT good luck on that again)

This series is going Heat in 4 or 5. Celtics best players are too young and Kemba sucks in the clutch.
jdm_dc_fan
Senior
Posts: 619
And1: 365
Joined: Sep 08, 2012

Re: ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (1-0 Miami) 

Post#93 » by jdm_dc_fan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:11 pm

Haddaway wrote:
jdm_dc_fan wrote:Haven’t seen much people mention that the bucks defense dropped right before the bubble back in March and continued to in the bubble up until they got knocked out. Bucks defensive scheme is to drop on D and allow the other team to take the 3 over any other shot. Not sure why in the regular season it works and in the playoffs it doesn’t. But that’s what they purposely do. Combine that with Miami’s spot up shooters; it’s a recipe for disaster. Say bucks and GSW met at the finals, I legitimately think bucks would lose in 4 because of buds stubbornness to adjust even game to game and warriors snipers.

Here’s the bad news for Heat though. Boston also has a top 4 defense in the regular season and #1 defense in the bubble prioritizes defending the 3 and they do it very very good. Miami’s 3 point percentage in the playoffs is very good and the bucks have a lot to do with it. Butler is shooting out of his mind and he’s not a 3 point shooter. Power of averages is a big factor and butler is defying it with some help from the first two rounds.

My prediction is that Miami is going to have a reality check on the defensive end tonight. Boston plays the defensive end way better and it’s gonna come down to grinding out offenses which in my opinion is how Boston plans to separate themselves from Miami. It’s tough to beat a team both in top 5 offensive and defensive rating and top 2 net rating without a clear cut superstar. Butler isn’t that guy an neither is Tatum. But Boston is more equipped to win this series of the two.

It’s almost like both these teams were built to play each other and Miami is the worst version of the two.

Boston in 6 with Hayward coming back game 2-3 and Boston in 7 without Hayward. Got $1200 on it.

Let’s play ball! may the best team win!!


I know you have 1200$ on the line, so you're obviously a bit biased, but after tonight's game, are you a bit more nervous about the Celtics' chances of pulling out this series? I think you underestimated the Heat's clutchness in this post which they've displayed all season, not to mention defensively. If you consistently deliver in the clutch all season long, that can be a serious difference maker in the playoffs, which it has been for the Heat.

You definitely could see that the Celtics defense stifled the Heat all game, but the same could be said for the Heat's defense on the Celtics which I think was one of the most underrated factors regarding the Heat. In crunch moments, the Heat step it up on defense better than any team I've ever watched and the playoffs is really one long crunch time moments.

I’m still the same in confidence. It was one game that went to OT with the ball in Tatums hand to make their own destiny. Tatum makes that Shot and the general board would have 5-6 threads about Tatum needing to be a lock for top 10 current player at 22(or 19 lol). I’m a big believer in water leveling out and it will happen to Miami. Threes won’t fall like this every night and Miami has to fire on all cylinders to win while Boston didn’t play a great game either. Boston needs Kemba to hit shots he normally makes and it’s Boston in 6. Struggling Kemba like yesterday with the rest of the group pulling his weight I still say Boston in 7. I honestly expected more from butler and I still expect more and a big game out of him.

In a nut shell yes I still stand exactly where I was before game 1.
CoP
Veteran
Posts: 2,898
And1: 3,618
Joined: May 04, 2017
       

Re: ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (1-0 Miami) 

Post#94 » by CoP » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:12 pm

drosereturn wrote:
CoP wrote:
Durant Durant wrote:gentleman's sweep for the Heat

If Hayward doesn't come back, it very well could be. The Heat defense is absolutely suffocating when they step up the intensity.


Boston already lost this series. Not getting much contribution from Kemba and Hayward who are making half of the cap. Maybe if you upgrade them you can go to the finals but not their time yet.

I think if they had Hayward at 100% for this series, it would make them deeper and give them another really good playmaker and shotmaker that would loosen up the Heat D. I will say that at the start of the season, I felt like the ECF was the Celtics' ceiling. Of course, now that they're actually there, I'm greedy and want them to make the Finals :lol:
MagicBagley18
Head Coach
Posts: 6,831
And1: 8,336
Joined: Feb 15, 2019
   

Re: ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (1-0 Miami) 

Post#95 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:13 pm

So much hyperbole going on here in this thread. Celts fan stop blaming the refs we blew double digits leads and failed to put the nail in the coffin several times. Heat fans relax and pump the brakes with the sweep calls or that the series is over- you’re naïveté is showing
User avatar
Paz
Analyst
Posts: 3,045
And1: 3,630
Joined: May 05, 2009
 

Re: ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (1-0 Miami) 

Post#96 » by Paz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:14 pm

I can't get any work done with my mind so focused on that game. The HEAT may have won last night but I'm losing right now.
BLACK LIVES MATTER

Image
CoP
Veteran
Posts: 2,898
And1: 3,618
Joined: May 04, 2017
       

Re: ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (1-0 Miami) 

Post#97 » by CoP » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:15 pm

goodboys lats wrote:Look at the points in the paint differential. That's why the Heat shot more FTs (though the Celtics shot over 90% from FT good luck on that again)

This series is going Heat in 4 or 5. Celtics best players are too young and Kemba sucks in the clutch.

I'll be optimistic and say that I don't think the Heat will get the same kind of production from Dragic/Crowder/Herro that they got last night. They've been shooting the **** out of the ball all playoffs, though, so it's more of a hope that they cool off more than anything else.
User avatar
Paz
Analyst
Posts: 3,045
And1: 3,630
Joined: May 05, 2009
 

Re: ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (1-0 Miami) 

Post#98 » by Paz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:25 pm

CoP wrote:
goodboys lats wrote:Look at the points in the paint differential. That's why the Heat shot more FTs (though the Celtics shot over 90% from FT good luck on that again)

This series is going Heat in 4 or 5. Celtics best players are too young and Kemba sucks in the clutch.

I'll be optimistic and say that I don't think the Heat will get the same kind of production from Dragic/Crowder/Herro that they got last night. They've been shooting the **** out of the ball all playoffs, though, so it's more of a hope that they cool off more than anything else.


I hope that doesn't happen although I can understand why you do. Crowder has been spectacular for us, def the best part of the iggy/winslow trade IMO. The Celtics did a great job on some of our offensive weapons, Duncan specifically. They took him out of the game from almost the jump. Herro had a mild game though, to his recent playoff standard, so I don't see a drop off from him, whatsoever. Celtics defense it top notch but HEAT game closing defense has been stifling. This is going to be a great series.
BLACK LIVES MATTER

Image
MagicBagley18
Head Coach
Posts: 6,831
And1: 8,336
Joined: Feb 15, 2019
   

Re: ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (1-0 Miami) 

Post#99 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:27 pm

Paz wrote:
CoP wrote:
goodboys lats wrote:Look at the points in the paint differential. That's why the Heat shot more FTs (though the Celtics shot over 90% from FT good luck on that again)

This series is going Heat in 4 or 5. Celtics best players are too young and Kemba sucks in the clutch.

I'll be optimistic and say that I don't think the Heat will get the same kind of production from Dragic/Crowder/Herro that they got last night. They've been shooting the **** out of the ball all playoffs, though, so it's more of a hope that they cool off more than anything else.


I hope that doesn't happen although I can understand why you do. Crowder has been spectacular for us, def the best part of the iggy/winslow trade IMO. The Celtics did a great job on some of our offensive weapons, Duncan specifically. They took him out of the game from almost the jump. Herro had a mild game though, to his recent playoff standard, so I don't see a drop off from him, whatsoever. Celtics defense it top notch but HEAT game closing defense has been stifling. This is going to be a great series.


This guy gets it
TasteThePainbow
Ballboy
Posts: 39
And1: 51
Joined: May 18, 2017
 

Re: ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (1-0 Miami) 

Post#100 » by TasteThePainbow » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:35 pm

I feel like the Heat stole this game. The Celtics defense was incredibly impressive in the first quarter. Just seems they couldn't hold on to the rope for the full 48 minutes. I feel like both teams had some players that showed out more than they normally do (Smart on the Celtics side and Crowder and Dragic scored a bit more than they usually do on the Heat side) and both had some players that were underwhelming (Walker/Brown but I also thought Robinson was very limited and our bench was almost nonexistant).

What makes me feel confident moving forward is the fact that the Heat pummeled the Celtics in the paint. That creates more FT's and easy points and will open up the 3 point line even more.

Interesting sidenote is the excellent +/- of Theis. While watching the game I also felt the Celtics were miles better with Theis manning the middle. Imo a big subplot in this series will be how Theis stays out of foul trouble and how many minutes he can play without getting gassed. Celtics need his defense.

Return to The General Board