With Kawhi choking, every superstar has choked in the Playoffs, are they all frauds?

Moderators: GeorgeMarcus, ken6199, BombsquadSammy, Domejandro, KingDavid, bwgood77, Dirk, jamaalstar21, zimpy27, infinite11285

dhsilv2
RealGM
Posts: 22,658
And1: 9,679
Joined: Oct 04, 2015

Re: With Kawhi choking, every superstar has choked in the Playoffs, are they all frauds? 

Post#21 » by dhsilv2 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:39 pm

timO wrote:
Optms wrote:
Shock Defeat wrote:How did Harden choke in the bubble. Check his stats they were almost as good as LeBron. Also remember he was playing against the best defense in the nba with the Lakers. Also the best individual defender in the league in the 1st round.


Got his team up 1-0 and proceeded to play subpar in comparison to his season totals. His last game didn't even count as a good game because he was just stat padding while the Lakers blew out the Rockets. Choke certified.


i want a stat of 4Q Harden playoffs, this years and the others one, and quitting blowouts for both sides

in this year he choke for sure in the 4Q


How do you quantify the awesome defense he played and hustle players from the 4th Q's from him?

How do you separate the horrible rotations MDA ran which left harden gassed in the playoffs year after year?
User avatar
Woodsanity
General Manager
Posts: 9,993
And1: 3,452
Joined: Mar 30, 2012
 

Re: With Kawhi choking, every superstar has choked in the Playoffs, are they all frauds? 

Post#22 » by Woodsanity » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:41 pm

Pennebaker wrote:
Shock Defeat wrote:Kawhi - mega choke this year
Lebron - choked in 07 and 11
curry - choked in 2016
kd - choked in 2016
giannis - choked this year and last year
paul - choked in 2015
harden - choked in 2017


Kids under 25 like Jokic and Doncic don't count, they have not had enough opportunities to get exposed as fraudulent and choke in the Playoffs yet.


Kawhi's biggest choke is still probably Game 6 of the 2013 NBA Finals. That choke lost him a championship.

In 2013 he was a role player. This year he is a superstar. Very different expectations.
twix2500 wrote:If Lebron went to NY and Melo to Miami, Melo would have a trophy and Lebron would not.

Tiesto_Lakers wrote:The more I watch basketball, the more I realize that Kobe, in his absolute prime (2006-2008), was a top 2 player of all-time, only second to Jordan.
Rodwilliams
Sophomore
Posts: 146
And1: 125
Joined: Feb 12, 2020

Re: With Kawhi choking, every superstar has choked in the Playoffs, are they all frauds? 

Post#23 » by Rodwilliams » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:42 pm

timO wrote:
Shock Defeat wrote:Kawhi - mega choke this year
Lebron - choked in 07 and 11
curry - choked in 2016
kd - choked in 2016
giannis - choked this year and last year
paul - choked in 2015
harden - choked in 2017


Kids under 25 like Jokic and Doncic don't count, they have not had enough opportunities to get exposed as fraudulent and choke in the Playoffs yet.


curry choked in 2015 too

lebron chokes are 09, 10 and 11, 2011 was insane choking

KL was too alone, even Lebron has Kyrie to close the gsw or he will loses again



Why do you say Curry choked in 2015? Are you talking about the Finals MVP :lol:

Not sure if I would consider it a choke job but there is no way the Cavs should’ve pushed the Warriors to 6 games that year with two star players being injured.

Lebron gets a pass for 2010 but he definitely choked in 09 and 11.
Patches Perry
General Manager
Posts: 8,627
And1: 11,130
Joined: May 11, 2016
 

Re: With Kawhi choking, every superstar has choked in the Playoffs, are they all frauds? 

Post#24 » by Patches Perry » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:42 pm

If you play enough playoff games and series', you will fail. The trick is to build a body of work.
timO
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,289
And1: 776
Joined: Jul 03, 2018
   

Re: With Kawhi choking, every superstar has choked in the Playoffs, are they all frauds? 

Post#25 » by timO » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:44 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
timO wrote:
Optms wrote:
Got his team up 1-0 and proceeded to play subpar in comparison to his season totals. His last game didn't even count as a good game because he was just stat padding while the Lakers blew out the Rockets. Choke certified.


i want a stat of 4Q Harden playoffs, this years and the others one, and quitting blowouts for both sides

in this year he choke for sure in the 4Q


How do you quantify the awesome defense he played and hustle players from the 4th Q's from him?

How do you separate the horrible rotations MDA ran which left harden gassed in the playoffs year after year?


House bitch also influenced.

And Russ was rusty as hell, if hes playing like in march, they can be in game 7 today enlisted for the double choke of LA.

But Harden do **** in 4Q, OKC draw 3-3 and almost win because of his choke 4Qs
User avatar
Optms
RealGM
Posts: 16,368
And1: 9,080
Joined: Jun 11, 2009
 

Re: With Kawhi choking, every superstar has choked in the Playoffs, are they all frauds? 

Post#26 » by Optms » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:45 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:Devonte' Graham has never choked in the playoffs. Is Devonte' Graham the best player in the NBA?


No, but he'd make the best looking woman if he was born a woman.

Spoiler:
Image


:droop:
User avatar
Raps in 4
RealGM
Posts: 47,576
And1: 34,627
Joined: Nov 01, 2008
Location: Toronto
 

Re: With Kawhi choking, every superstar has choked in the Playoffs, are they all frauds? 

Post#27 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:46 pm

Optms wrote:Harden - Choked in 2012 playoffs
Harden - Choked in 2015 playoffs
Harden - Choked in 2018 playoffs
Harden - Choked in 2019 playoffs
Harden - Choked in 2020 Bubble playoffs

Gotta list all the chokes for accuracy. Carry on.


Lebron - Choked in 2007 playoffs
Lebron - Choked in 2011 playoffs
Lebron - Choked in 2014 playoffs
Lebron - Choked in 2015 playoffs
Lebron - Choked in 2017 playoffs
Lebron - Choked in 2018 playoffs

Kobe - Choked in 2003 playoffs
Kobe - Choked in 2004 playoffs
Kobe - Choked in 2006 playoffs
Kobe - Choked in 2007 playoffs
Kobe - Choked in 2008 playoffs
Kobe - Choked in 2011 playoffs
Kobe - Choked in 2012 playoffs

Did I do that right?
User avatar
BombsquadSammy
Forum Mod - Spurs
Forum Mod - Spurs
Posts: 8,692
And1: 18,082
Joined: Sep 03, 2014
Location: Somerton
     

Re: With Kawhi choking, every superstar has choked in the Playoffs, are they all frauds? 

Post#28 » by BombsquadSammy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:47 pm

As much as I'm personally enjoying what happened for obvious and well-known reasons, the truth is that it's folly to judge players on their low points.

Every player has low points along his career, and for most players, the lows are pretty low. Every guy's blown it at some point; not every guy's won a ring or an MVP. What are a player's high points? That's what we should evaluate them by.

You can easily recognize when someone has a clear agenda against a player, because they'll only talk about that player's low points (LeBron lost six Finals, Kobe only shot 31% in the clutch, Jordan couldn't get out of the first round until Pippen came, etc.) while in the same context only talking about their guy's high points.

Kawhi had a rough series and a lousy game, but he didn't have to turn in his rings or his Finals MVPs because of that.
Image
aliasxn
Sophomore
Posts: 138
And1: 178
Joined: Aug 18, 2012
 

Re: With Kawhi choking, every superstar has choked in the Playoffs, are they all frauds? 

Post#29 » by aliasxn » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:47 pm

You are not a fraud if you choke once or twice in big moments, we are only human.

Just like winning once or twice doesn't make you an all time great either, gotta look at the circumstances. Sometimes you are just that one-in-a-million lucky mofo that happened to be a the right place at the right time, like going the best team in east right when LeBron left and God cursed the Warriors for hitting too many 3s.
User avatar
cpower
RealGM
Posts: 12,673
And1: 4,769
Joined: Mar 03, 2011
   

Re: With Kawhi choking, every superstar has choked in the Playoffs, are they all frauds? 

Post#30 » by cpower » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:48 pm

did MJ ever choke in the finals? #GOAT
skones
RealGM
Posts: 28,718
And1: 8,140
Joined: Jul 20, 2004
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: With Kawhi choking, every superstar has choked in the Playoffs, are they all frauds? 

Post#31 » by skones » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:50 pm

Teams lose. Teams fail. Teams are outplayed by others. It doesn't mean they were ExPoSeD or ChOkeD.

Nobody who's ever played sports has had a loss where they feel like they were ExPoSeD. It's a load of BS.
PizzaSteve
Starter
Posts: 2,213
And1: 1,433
Joined: May 05, 2015
     

Re: With Kawhi choking, every superstar has choked in the Playoffs, are they all frauds? 

Post#32 » by PizzaSteve » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:51 pm

Shock Defeat wrote:Kawhi - mega choke this year
Lebron - choked in 07 and 11
curry - choked in 2016
kd - choked in 2016
giannis - choked this year and last year
paul - choked in 2015
harden - choked in 2017


Kids under 25 like Jokic and Doncic don't count, they have not had enough opportunities to get exposed as fraudulent and choke in the Playoffs yet.

We are too harsh in how we judge normal human beings. Our brains are selective and elite atheletes facing other elite atheletes will have variences in performance levels.
User avatar
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
Posts: 12,791
And1: 23,993
Joined: Jun 14, 2011

Re: With Kawhi choking, every superstar has choked in the Playoffs, are they all frauds? 

Post#33 » by niQ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:53 pm

BombsquadSammy wrote:As much as I'm personally enjoying what happened for obvious and well-known reasons, the truth is that it's folly to judge players at their low points. Every player has low points along his career, and for most players, the lows are pretty low.

What are a player's high points? That's what we should evaluate them by. Every guy's blown it at some point; not every guy's won a ring or an MVP.

You can easily recognize when someone has a clear agenda against a player, because they'll only talk about that player's low points (LeBron lost six Finals, Kobe only shoots 31% in the clutch, Jordan couldn't get out of the first round until Pippen came, etc.), while in the same context only talking about their guy's high points.

Kawhi had a rough series and a lousy game, but he didn't have to turn in his rings or his Finals MVPs because of that.


Nah too much logic, according to OP they are all fraudsters in the National Fraudsters Association.
Image
Credits Clutch0z24
Pelly24
Starter
Posts: 2,267
And1: 1,348
Joined: Aug 02, 2016
     

Re: With Kawhi choking, every superstar has choked in the Playoffs, are they all frauds? 

Post#34 » by Pelly24 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:01 pm

Lol I'm actually glad this happened. The thing is despite any aura of invincibility, I don't think anyone's ever been quite at MJ level—aka, having a track record of never losing series they should've won. LeBron is next up with just one, but that was some stupid mental stuff rather than Psychological. Still a choke though. Kawhi was next up but his volume as a postseason player 1st option wasn't necessarily there.

Every single NBA player can play horribly if everything goes wrong.
dhsilv2
RealGM
Posts: 22,658
And1: 9,679
Joined: Oct 04, 2015

Re: With Kawhi choking, every superstar has choked in the Playoffs, are they all frauds? 

Post#35 » by dhsilv2 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:03 pm

timO wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
timO wrote:
i want a stat of 4Q Harden playoffs, this years and the others one, and quitting blowouts for both sides

in this year he choke for sure in the 4Q


How do you quantify the awesome defense he played and hustle players from the 4th Q's from him?

How do you separate the horrible rotations MDA ran which left harden gassed in the playoffs year after year?


House bitch also influenced.

And Russ was rusty as hell, if hes playing like in march, they can be in game 7 today enlisted for the double choke of LA.

But Harden do **** in 4Q, OKC draw 3-3 and almost win because of his choke 4Qs


Harden was HUGE in 4Q against OKC on defense and on hustle plays. HUGE. Just because that doesn't all show up in the box score doesn't mean he wasn't making key plays, they just weren't the plays we associate with Harden, and that was a factor in why he didn't score like people expect of him. Compound that with bad coaching and he still made big plays at big times.
Cavsfansince84
Head Coach
Posts: 6,748
And1: 5,218
Joined: Jun 13, 2017
   

Re: With Kawhi choking, every superstar has choked in the Playoffs, are they all frauds? 

Post#36 » by Cavsfansince84 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:07 pm

timO wrote:
curry choked in 2015 too

lebron chokes are 09, 10 and 11, 2011 was insane choking

KL was too alone, even Lebron has Kyrie to close the gsw or he will loses again


09? Come on. His team never had the series lead, he put up some of the best stats in nba playoff history and he hit the game winner in the final second to get his team one of its wins. It was pretty much the opposite of a choke job. 2010 wasn't really a choke either so much as a poor shooting series where it seemed like he mentally checked out towards the end.
User avatar
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 3,836
And1: 3,850
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
Location: Naptown
   

Re: With Kawhi choking, every superstar has choked in the Playoffs, are they all frauds? 

Post#37 » by boomershadow » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:08 pm

I think what RealGM really wants is a player who has never lost a game but also somehow at the same time been the underdog in each of those games.

That's not super unrealistic, is it?
Dave Joerger for Coach of the Pacers
Rodwilliams
Sophomore
Posts: 146
And1: 125
Joined: Feb 12, 2020

Re: With Kawhi choking, every superstar has choked in the Playoffs, are they all frauds? 

Post#38 » by Rodwilliams » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:14 pm

BombsquadSammy wrote:As much as I'm personally enjoying what happened for obvious and well-known reasons, the truth is that it's folly to judge players on their low points.

Every player has low points along his career, and for most players, the lows are pretty low. Every guy's blown it at some point; not every guy's won a ring or an MVP. What are a player's high points? That's what we should evaluate them by.

You can easily recognize when someone has a clear agenda against a player, because they'll only talk about that player's low points (LeBron lost six Finals, Kobe only shot 31% in the clutch, Jordan couldn't get out of the first round until Pippen came, etc.) while in the same context only talking about their guy's high points.

Kawhi had a rough series and a lousy game, but he didn't have to turn in his rings or his Finals MVPs because of that.



This logic doesn’t work AFTER you won championships. Kawhi has 2 rings and then chokes a 3-1 lead against a Nuggets team with Jokic and Jamal Murray. No excuse for that. Choked in game 7. No excuse. Half that stuff you named with Kobe and Jordan happened before they won championships. Can’t apply that to this situation.
LouisLitt
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,505
And1: 2,620
Joined: Jul 12, 2014
         

Re: With Kawhi choking, every superstar has choked in the Playoffs, are they all frauds? 

Post#40 » by LouisLitt » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:18 pm

Yes Lebron choked in 2011, that's why literally 9 years later we're still talking about it.

Return to The General Board