Rumor Alert: PG to Nets?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

100proof
Starter
And1: 1,117

Re: Rumor Alert: PG to Nets? 

Post#101 » by 100proof » Thu Oct 1, 2020 12:26 pm

I get that George had a bad playoffs but that is a real poo poo platter in relation. I am sure there are alot of teams that could trump that offer
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Post#102 » by Durant Durant » Thu Oct 1, 2020 1:22 pm

lol Nash would grow old fast.
No no yes yes
Jordan45822
RealGM
And1: 1,796

Post#103 » by Jordan45822 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 1:38 pm

Too much disrespect to Carl Levert in here.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,839

Post#104 » by Karate Diop » Thu Oct 1, 2020 1:39 pm

Clippers just trying to drum up interest in their player... Nothing to see here.
Spice Melange
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,318

Post#105 » by Spice Melange » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:02 pm

this is a robbery for the Clippers if it happens. I wouldnt even add picks if I were the Nets. The Nets have two very fragile players in Kyrie and KD, why add a third?
1/26/20
taikibansei
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,636

Post#106 » by taikibansei » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:49 pm

HerroBalls wrote:
taikibansei wrote:I would love to see Kyrie, KD and PG together...in New York City...the egos...the self-absorption...the sensitivity...the excuses...the burner accounts...with that level of media exposure...and only one ball to share on the court.

Seriously, what can I do today, now, to make this happen? :D

I'm sorry but comments like these make me laugh. If the Knicks had the opportunity to do this you would sell your left nut

Actually, I am not one of those Knicks fans--mocked our attempted acquisition of Kyrie and KD well before their "decision," and have never been a PG fan. Basically, I think two (Kyrie and PG) of that trio are extremely overrated, and the third (KD) is too sensitive to media and fan comments to thrive as a player in NYC. Put them all together--and throw in KD's injury and age as well--and you have the ingredients for total disaster.

Just my opinion, of course. Feel free to bookmark this to prove me wrong when Kyrie and KD--with or without PG--lead the Nets deep into the playoffs next year.
THIN MAN HAS NO HEART!
Dutchball97
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,860

Post#107 » by Dutchball97 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:54 pm

KD/Kyrie/PG would be an insane collection of talent and at the same time possibly the most toxic situation in the history of the NBA. I'm all for it.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#108 » by DarkXaero » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:14 pm

100proof wrote:I get that George had a bad playoffs but that is a real poo poo platter in relation. I am sure there are alot of teams that could trump that offer
I mean I agree that it isn't some crazy offer like most of the people in this thread are pretending, but it certainly isn't a trash offer either. Problem is that PG can be a free agent next year, so it's risky in that sense, in addition to PG's stock at an all time low right now.
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#109 » by HeatIn5 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:25 pm

taikibansei wrote:
HerroBalls wrote:
taikibansei wrote:I would love to see Kyrie, KD and PG together...in New York City...the egos...the self-absorption...the sensitivity...the excuses...the burner accounts...with that level of media exposure...and only one ball to share on the court.

Seriously, what can I do today, now, to make this happen? :D

I'm sorry but comments like these make me laugh. If the Knicks had the opportunity to do this you would sell your left nut

Actually, I am not one of those Knicks fans--mocked our attempted acquisition of Kyrie and KD well before their "decision," and have never been a PG fan. Basically, I think two (Kyrie and PG) of that trio are extremely overrated, and the third (KD) is too sensitive to media and fan comments to thrive as a player in NYC. Put them all together--and throw in KD's injury and age as well--and you have the ingredients for total disaster.

Just my opinion, of course. Feel free to bookmark this to prove me wrong when Kyrie and KD--with or without PG--lead the Nets deep into the playoffs next year.

So who do you want?
Read on Twitter
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,536

Post#110 » by Mamba Mentality » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:34 pm

Jason McIntyre isn't a source. This guy just says ****. Cant believe there's actually 6 pages of discussion as if a trade is imminent.
taikibansei
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,636

Post#111 » by taikibansei » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:35 pm

HerroBalls wrote:
taikibansei wrote:
HerroBalls wrote:

So who do you want?

Nobody we can possibly get with the assets at hand. As has been proven time and again in recent years, the top free agents don't want to waste precious years of their careers trying to "save" an ailing franchise. They want to win.

In order to attract top talent, we need to become decent first. We need to get lucky with our draft picks--multiple times--before we can talk about adding that final superstar piece.
THIN MAN HAS NO HEART!
ClubLakers KB8
Starter
And1: 585

Post#112 » by ClubLakers KB8 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:37 pm

People are actually taking this seriously?
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#113 » by NoZoLakers » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:47 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
100proof wrote:I get that George had a bad playoffs but that is a real poo poo platter in relation. I am sure there are alot of teams that could trump that offer
I mean I agree that it isn't some crazy offer like most of the people in this thread are pretending, but it certainly isn't a trash offer either. Problem is that PG can be a free agent next year, so it's risky in that sense, in addition to PG's stock at an all time low right now.

PG has shown tht its bout the $ when reupped with OKC, so just give him his 5yr max and he'll resign even if youre located in Alaska
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#114 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:32 pm

Dutchball97 wrote:KD/Kyrie/PG would be an insane collection of talent and at the same time possibly the most toxic situation in the history of the NBA. I'm all for it.

it would be funny with all three of them on twitter after a bad loss during the season.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
DTP
General Manager
And1: 6,765

Post#115 » by DTP » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:33 pm

God Squad wrote:
DTP wrote:The PG slander is crazy, are we forgetting that the dude was a top 3 MVP candidate just last year? He's not a cancer, he's simply just not a leader....notice there was never any issues in OKC? Because Russ was the leader. Because Kawhi is mute, that sort of "forces" PG into that leadership role and he's not that. Regardless, I would take him on my team and he's better....much better than any Dinwiddie/Levert package.

The real issue is Harrell....all these locker room leaks and crap just shows me there's no way he can remain in LA. They get rid of Harrell, re-sign Green, and find a real point guard and they are fine.

Well, he was pretty bad during the playoffs for them too. Early exits were a regular thing.

28ppg although he wasn't very efficient, I wouldn't necessarily call it struggling. But I get your point, he's not a #1 guy in the post season....but he's still Paul George. A perfect #2 guy if used correctly. He's not a play maker, he's not an ISO guy.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#116 » by DarkXaero » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:40 pm

NoZoLakers wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:

PG has shown tht its bout the $ when reupped with OKC, so just give him his 5yr max and he'll resign even if youre located in Alaska
I'm not sure I'd be comfortable giving PG a 5 year max at age 31.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#117 » by DarkXaero » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:42 pm

DTP wrote:
God Squad wrote:
DTP wrote:The PG slander is crazy, are we forgetting that the dude was a top 3 MVP candidate just last year? He's not a cancer, he's simply just not a leader....notice there was never any issues in OKC? Because Russ was the leader. Because Kawhi is mute, that sort of "forces" PG into that leadership role and he's not that. Regardless, I would take him on my team and he's better....much better than any Dinwiddie/Levert package.

The real issue is Harrell....all these locker room leaks and crap just shows me there's no way he can remain in LA. They get rid of Harrell, re-sign Green, and find a real point guard and they are fine.

Well, he was pretty bad during the playoffs for them too. Early exits were a regular thing.

28ppg although he wasn't very efficient, I wouldn't necessarily call it struggling. But I get your point, he's not a #1 guy in the post season....but he's still Paul George. A perfect #2 guy if used correctly. He's not a play maker, he's not an ISO guy.
That's not true, he was very efficient. 28 PPG on 58.3% TS% is really good.

Edit: My mistake, I didn't realize you were talking about his playoffs series as I didn't think he averaged 28 PPG in that series. Apologies. Although his TS% was still good in that series.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,321

Post#118 » by Froob » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:42 pm

I don’t see how this makes the Clippers better. They’d be better off keeping George.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
DTP
General Manager
And1: 6,765

Post#119 » by DTP » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:47 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
DTP wrote:
God Squad wrote:Well, he was pretty bad during the playoffs for them too. Early exits were a regular thing.

Edit: My mistake, I didn't realize you were talking about his playoffs series as I didn't think he averaged 28 PPG in that series. Apologies. Although his TS% was still good in that series.

I think he shot like 33% from 3 in that Portland series....they needed better from him, especially on that team.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#120 » by DarkXaero » Thu Oct 1, 2020 6:29 pm

DTP wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
DTP wrote:

I think he shot like 33% from 3 in that Portland series....they needed better from him, especially on that team.
Fair enough.

Return to The General Board