Championship Thread: HEAT vs. Lakers (Part Two) LAL 2-0

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins the Championship in 2020

Lakers in 4
46%
Lakers in 5
28%
Lakers in 6
5%
Lakers in 7
No votes
Miami in 5
3%
Miami in 6
5%
Miami in 7
13%

Total votes: 218

Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 316

Re: Championship Thread: HEAT vs. Lakers (Part Two) LAL 1-0 

Post#101 » by Hans1984 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 1:39 pm

Wow, the Heat looked hopeless out there. The Lakers are way too much for them to handle. I didn't expect it to be so one-sided. Right now this is looking like a sweep.
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,462

Post#102 » by Saint Lazarus » Thu Oct 1, 2020 1:44 pm

goodboy wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:
goodboy wrote:He tore your ass up last series though, not sure why you're gloating my guy ;)

My team's trash, that doesn't mean yours isn't either :wink:

That makes no sense.

If we're trash, your team would equate to scum of the earth? I guess.

We’re both zeroes, it doesn’t matter mate
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
Wolf of Ball St
Junior
And1: 519

Post#103 » by Wolf of Ball St » Thu Oct 1, 2020 1:45 pm

bellabiyel wrote:
EArl wrote:
JohnPferdelack wrote:

link pls

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2001960&start=1280#p85427133

shame on that guy saying that's stuff to lebron

Totally agree, not cool man. Don't wish bad on someone just because they're now the opposition. Even if it was a troll joke, that's just bad taste.

Through all the story lines that are a part of this series, this post made me think of one I hadn't already considered...I'm a Heat fan. I fell in love with the team in 03, 04, 05-ish when Flash Wade was at his explosive peak. Always been a Pat Riley fan. When LeBron (my fave fave player) joined, it was icing on the cake. I've remained a Heat fan after LeBron's departure and Wade's retirement. But for the die-hard Heat Nation fans, is there any conflict in cheering against LeBron? He had so many great memories in a Heat jersey.

But after reading some of those posts in that Heat board...man, looks like Heat Nation not really digging LeBron these days.
Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,868

Post#104 » by Paz » Thu Oct 1, 2020 1:49 pm

That was a beatdown. Oof. Respect, Lakers fans. Your team came in and did work. Good on you. I hope that Dragic gets better and his tear doesn't become a lingering issue for him. It sucks that it happened to him on a contract year, when he was playing so well. I'm interested to see how the HEAT respond to his loss. GG Lakers.
Jurassic_Park
Pro Prospect
And1: 783

Post#105 » by Jurassic_Park » Thu Oct 1, 2020 1:58 pm

After game 1, who do you guys think is leading the finals mvp race, lebron or AD? I took lebron to win it, but now looks like a 50/50 race in what will be a quick series
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,804

Post#106 » by yoyoboy » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:01 pm

If the Lakers win I think AD gets Finals MVP. Miami just doesn't have much of an answer for him.
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,963

Post#107 » by dshearn » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:05 pm

After re-watching the game, Miami was in that game, until they got sloppy.

What I think is really telling, is how perfect Miami is going to have to execute to be competitive. A couple of mistakes later and LA can and did put them in a double digit hole.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#108 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:18 pm

I'm going to Blame the Refs for game 2. Because clearly, the Heat are gonna need some help.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Ursusamericanus
Veteran
And1: 2,594

Post#109 » by Ursusamericanus » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:22 pm

This is the first time I'm declaring a series over after game 1.

Miami is just totally outgunned and outsized here. The injuries were the nail in the coffin. They have zero answer for AD and it seems Danny G. found his stroke as of game 5 against the Nuggets. I think we're looking at an all-time lopsided finals here. Miami isn't going to win a game 7 against LeBron. So they'd need to win in 5 or 6. And they sure as hell aren't going to win 4 in a row or 4 of the next 5. They had to win last night and they utterly flopped.

Still, I take my hat off to them for making it this far. Almost everyone counted them out/considered them a 2nd round team. Much respect to Jimmy G. Buckets in particular. Just a shame he is worse than that guy LeBron at literally every facet of the game. We'll look back at Jimmy and admire him for his toughness but also realize he was one of those stars who repeatedly suffered at the hands of the generation's best player - vis-à-vis Ewing-Jordan.
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#110 » by everdiso » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:31 pm

Gasol-Ibaka-Siakam-OG is the only team that could handle the lakers defensively.
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
LEGOATGM
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#111 » by LEGOATGM » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:57 pm

mtron32 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:Image

Trex arms couldn't guard a traffic cone tonight

Why is Dwight all angry? LMAO

He likes them with wig on
Rafer24
Junior
And1: 145

Post#112 » by Rafer24 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:59 pm

Series are far from over. Miami is a very tough team and will be ready to play tomorrow.
bellabiyel
Pro Prospect
And1: 743

Post#113 » by bellabiyel » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:04 pm

Wolf of Ball St wrote:
bellabiyel wrote:
EArl wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2001960&start=1280#p85427133

shame on that guy saying that's stuff to lebron

Totally agree, not cool man. Don't wish bad on someone just because they're now the opposition. Even if it was a troll joke, that's just bad taste.

Through all the story lines that are a part of this series, this post made me think of one I hadn't already considered...I'm a Heat fan. I fell in love with the team in 03, 04, 05-ish when Flash Wade was at his explosive peak. Always been a Pat Riley fan. When LeBron (my fave fave player) joined, it was icing on the cake. I've remained a Heat fan after LeBron's departure and Wade's retirement. But for the die-hard Heat Nation fans, is there any conflict in cheering against LeBron? He had so many great memories in a Heat jersey.

But after reading some of those posts in that Heat board...man, looks like Heat Nation not really digging LeBron these days.

maybe some of them still butt hurt lebron leave them.. lebron one of the reason they got 2 of the 3 throphies they have and yet someone is still talking ,cursing lebron like that..probably even wanted him to die.. i dont wanna say this but that guy was a psycho
AUSTHIM REAVES
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,489

Post#114 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:10 pm

Think Heat will have to play bigger and shoot better to have a chance. Lebron hunting Robinson and Hero won't be easy. Will have to scheme those guys away from lebron defensively.
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,902

Post#115 » by KyRo23 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:42 pm

I gotta give people credit for spot on analysis in the part 1 thread before the game. The x's and o's were basically spot on in regards to how the Lakers would play against the zone, AD vs Bam, the shooting, an how LeBron would hunt the Robinson/Herro matchups. I know that's not saying much as they are kind of givens at times, but most people were 100%.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,232

Post#116 » by EArl » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:43 pm

Jurassic_Park wrote:After game 1, who do you guys think is leading the finals mvp race, lebron or AD? I took lebron to win it, but now looks like a 50/50 race in what will be a quick series

I think currently AD by a slight margin. We will see what happens the next couple of games.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Teen Girl Squad
Head Coach
And1: 2,992

Post#117 » by Teen Girl Squad » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:48 pm

Jurassic_Park wrote:After game 1, who do you guys think is leading the finals mvp race, lebron or AD? I took lebron to win it, but now looks like a 50/50 race in what will be a quick series

Its basically LeBron's to lose due to the narrative/his stature in the league. AD deserves it more than LeBron after one game but it'll be like Kobe in 2010 when Pau was actual MVP. AD would have to have stats significantly better across the board to have a chance.
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,606

Post#118 » by NCHeels2008 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:51 pm

dshearn wrote:After re-watching the game, Miami was in that game, until they got sloppy.

What I think is really telling, is how perfect Miami is going to have to execute to be competitive. A couple of mistakes later and LA can and did put them in a double digit hole.

The Lakers get a lot of grief for their mediocre half-court offense but the other three quadrants (transition offense/defense, half-court defense) are so strong, not to mention they tend to get one good "offensive glass" game a series which is like when the Warriors are hot from 3 once a series you just have to take the L. The Heat, then the Spurs and then the Warriors changed the NBA drastically in the last 10 years to press small and smaller, I wonder with Davis and Jokic if bigs are going to have an "Empire Strikes Back" moment after centers had looked to be becoming near irrelevant. I don't know that it would've mattered but I think one of those vanquished teams wishes they would've rented Drummond for pennies on the dollar just to have a body with some athleticism for these bigs.
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,606

Post#119 » by NCHeels2008 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:53 pm

KyRo23 wrote:I gotta give people credit for spot on analysis in the part 1 thread before the game. The x's and o's were basically spot on in regards to how the Lakers would play against the zone, AD vs Bam, the shooting, an how LeBron would hunt the Robinson/Herro matchups. I know that's not saying much as they are kind of givens at times, but most people were 100%.

The Lakers are really giving the analysts/windbags like Windhorst, Simmons, JVG, Nate Duncan and Danny Leroux galaxy brain because they resent this team wasn't built they way they wanted and they seemed to look like antiquated cavemen building a team with so many vets and bigs.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,593

Post#120 » by bisme37 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:03 pm

Congrats on your enormous dominant win last night Lakers fans.

Sorry about your injuries, Heat fans.

Return to The General Board