Lebrons all time least difficult road to a “championship”?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Vote

Yes - this has been lebrons easiest opportunity for a ring
80%
No - other years have been easier (comment which)
20%

Total votes: 81

Wigginstime
Sixth Man
And1: 2,476

Re: Lebrons all time least difficult road to a “championship”? 

Post#21 » by Wigginstime » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:51 pm

Its part of the sport.

Lebron was gifted a championship this year based on Clippers & Bucks choking and a key Miami injury.
Lebron was robbed of a championship in 2015 when both Love and Irving went down with injuries.

Its part of the sport - get over it
Ugalde
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,260

Post#22 » by Ugalde » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:51 pm

Adamski23 wrote:I do not understand this concept of inflating/devaluing winning a ring based on teams played.
Does he have control over who he plays? If yes - by all means inflate/devalue it. If not - then winning is winning regardless of who/what/when/where the opponent is.

if he didn’t have another top 5 player on his team no one would be discrediting it besides crazies. but when you got two top 5 guys on one team and 0 on his opposing teams it’s very boring/unimpressive
politics
to many 3s
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,621

Post#23 » by Heej » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:52 pm

magicman1978 wrote:Easy or not - it's still his 4th championship. However, taking out any bias and seeing it for what it is - I don't know how you could say it wasn't his easiest championship when you take into account his support and the opponents he faced. This ring adds to his legacy and demonstrates how great of a player he is, even at nearly 36 years old, he's still showing that he's the best player in the game. But if you're using this as a case to support why he's better than another GOAT candidate, that's where you take into consideration the degree of difficulty in getting this championship.

No LMFAO this is why you guys just don't get it. What you take into consideration is the luck factor that goes into winning a championship every year. Every season injuries play a role in who wins a ring. This just shows that even at age 36 Bron is consistently playing at a level and staying durable enough where he is able to put his team on a position where they have at least a shot at winning depending on whether the injury luck breaks in their favor or not. Jordan happened to get extremely lucky in terms of injuries in the 90s where several key players on various contending teams were taken out before their time while his team stayed intact. Bron has had injury luck with teammates go against him for half of his finals runs. Every time Kawhi won a chip it was vs a team with injuries to its star players.
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
magicman1978
Analyst
And1: 2,075

Post#24 » by magicman1978 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:01 pm

Heej wrote:
magicman1978 wrote:Easy or not - it's still his 4th championship. However, taking out any bias and seeing it for what it is - I don't know how you could say it wasn't his easiest championship when you take into account his support and the opponents he faced. This ring adds to his legacy and demonstrates how great of a player he is, even at nearly 36 years old, he's still showing that he's the best player in the game. But if you're using this as a case to support why he's better than another GOAT candidate, that's where you take into consideration the degree of difficulty in getting this championship.

No LMFAO this is why you guys just don't get it. What you take into consideration is the luck factor that goes into winning a championship every year. Every season injuries play a role in who wins a ring. This just shows that even at age 36 Bron is consistently playing at a level and staying durable enough where he is able to put his team on a position where they have at least a shot at winning depending on whether the injury luck breaks in their favor or not. Jordan happened to get extremely lucky in terms of injuries in the 90s where several key players on various contending teams were taken out before their time while his team stayed intact. Bron has had injury luck with teammates go against him for half of his finals runs. Every time Kawhi won a chip it was vs a team with injuries to its star players.

I have no idea what your rant here is supposed to even mean. You seem to have said what I just said. Or are you saying this championship puts Bron over another GOAT candidate (whoever that individual is)?
laploutocratie
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,273

Post#25 » by laploutocratie » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:03 pm

Does this make you sleep better at night? I'd think by year 17 of LeBron's career, people would have gotten tired of trying to discredit LeBron at every opportunity.
x XVII

6ixth_Man wrote:When I die, I want the Raptors to lower me into my grave, so they can let me down one last time
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,697

Post#26 » by -Sammy- » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:05 pm

Anti-LeBron Nation thinks if it hits certain talking points frequently enough and subtly enough (notice that the OP put the word 'championship' in quotes), public opinion will gradually and eventually be molded into what they want it to be.

History isn't on their side, though; they missed the lesson that history is written by the winners, and that dude they hate is about to win again.

It's not going to be pretty when at some point in the future, some of them realize how much time, effort, and energy they wasted on an objective they weren't ever going to accomplish.

The funniest part to me is the sheer number of them who have to actively cheer against their supposedly-favorite team just so they can make themselves think they're influencing a narrative that doesn't care what they have to say. What a miserable existence that must be.
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,621

Post#27 » by Heej » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:06 pm

magicman1978 wrote:
Heej wrote:

I have no idea what your rant here is supposed to even mean. You seem to have said what I just said. Or are you saying this championship puts Bron over another GOAT candidate (whoever that individual is)?

No, I'm saying that this championship doesn't prove anything we don't already know. Bron has already been the GOAT because he's dominated for so long and at a higher level than anyone else as shown by his Game 7 numbers. The total number of rings don't matter because half of it is based on luck. The only thing that matters is the amount of chances (aka open looks) at a championship you can generate and hope the injuries don't go against you.
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
magicman1978
Analyst
And1: 2,075

Post#28 » by magicman1978 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:11 pm

Heej wrote:
magicman1978 wrote:
Heej wrote:No LMFAO this is why you guys just don't get it. What you take into consideration is the luck factor that goes into winning a championship every year. Every season injuries play a role in who wins a ring. This just shows that even at age 36 Bron is consistently playing at a level and staying durable enough where he is able to put his team on a position where they have at least a shot at winning depending on whether the injury luck breaks in their favor or not. Jordan happened to get extremely lucky in terms of injuries in the 90s where several key players on various contending teams were taken out before their time while his team stayed intact. Bron has had injury luck with teammates go against him for half of his finals runs. Every time Kawhi won a chip it was vs a team with injuries to its star players.

No, I'm saying that this championship doesn't prove anything we don't already know. Bron has already been the GOAT because he's dominated for so long and at a higher level than anyone else as shown by his Game 7 numbers. The total number of rings don't matter because half of it is based on luck. The only thing that matters is the amount of chances (aka open looks) at a championship you can generate and hope the injuries don't go against you.

So you're saying the same thing I did, just differently. If you think LeBron is the GOAT that's fine - you have your own criteria for GOAT. I don't have a definitive GOAT because they are close enough where valid arguments can be made either way. My list is based on level of play more than championships - which is why LeBron already has an argument for being the GOAT for me (even if he goes on to lose this year). His level of play this year, while great, is not something that elevates him beyond the other GOAT candidates. This championship doesn't change that.
bellabiyel
Pro Prospect
And1: 743

Post#29 » by bellabiyel » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:18 pm

just seeing how many lebron haters and lebron dumb threads i see just solidified that lebron is a great player..
AUSTHIM REAVES
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#30 » by The_Hater » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:24 pm

I wonder if Kobe fans ever acknowledge that he was the 2nd best player on his own team AND and was lucky enough to play the completely outclassed Sixers and Nets in consecutive finals?
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,329

Post#31 » by Patches Perry » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:27 pm

There needs to be a new fallacy named after LeBron criticisms:

LeBron wins, and it's not close = competition was weak, therefore the ring is less meaningful
LeBron wins, and it's close = without a certain play by LeBron's teammate happening they lose, therefore the ring is less meaningful
LeBron loses = proof that LeBron loses when he plays real competition
Adamski23
Freshman
And1: 94

Post#32 » by Adamski23 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:27 pm

Ugalde wrote:
Adamski23 wrote:I do not understand this concept of inflating/devaluing winning a ring based on teams played.
Does he have control over who he plays? If yes - by all means inflate/devalue it. If not - then winning is winning regardless of who/what/when/where the opponent is.

if he didn’t have another top 5 player on his team no one would be discrediting it besides crazies. but when you got two top 5 guys on one team and 0 on his opposing teams it’s very boring/unimpressive

Discrediting because the Lakers gave him the best opportunity to win is absurd. All team managements are given the chance to improve their chances of winning via trades/signings. Again, he has no control over the personnel of the opposing team so why penalize it. The object of a competition after all is to best your opponent using whatever advantage your team holds. It just happens this year that LeBron also has the personnel advantage because of a competent front office. If the outcome seems so one-sided (which has not happened yet - only game 2) its because the winning team most likely made better basketball decisions and/or played better.
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,801

Post#33 » by yoyoboy » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:30 pm

Patches Perry wrote:There needs to be a new fallacy named after LeBron criticisms:

LeBron wins, and it's not close = competition was weak, therefore the ring is less meaningful
LeBron wins, and it's close = without a certain play by LeBron's teammate happening they lose, therefore the ring is less meaningful

Don't forget:

LeBron's star teammate plays poorly - LeMarginalizer
LeBron's star teammate plays well - LeCarried, LeNeedsHelp
Ambrose
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,317

Post#34 » by Ambrose » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:33 pm

Patches Perry wrote:There needs to be a new fallacy named after LeBron criticisms:

The LeBron James fallacy would need a lot of subsections.
TheWitcher
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,195

Post#35 » by TheWitcher » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:03 pm

Don't know who's worse, Lakers fans or Lebron haters
Ugalde
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,260

Post#36 » by Ugalde » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:26 pm

Adamski23 wrote:
Ugalde wrote:

Discrediting because the Lakers gave him the best opportunity to win is absurd. All team managements are given the chance to improve their chances of winning via trades/signings. Again, he has no control over the personnel of the opposing team so why penalize it. The object of a competition after all is to best your opponent using whatever advantage your team holds. It just happens this year that LeBron also has the personnel advantage because of a competent front office. If the outcome seems so one-sided (which has not happened yet - only game 2) its because the winning team most likely made better basketball decisions and/or played better.

I dont diminish the chip for the lakers, just for LeBron. its not his fault he should do whatever he can to win. but im not blind I see the context. I just don't see this ring as impressive at all. and im a guy who didn't hold his Miami days against him at all.
politics
to many 3s
rapstarter
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,234

Post#37 » by rapstarter » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:59 pm

LeBron fanboys overreacting as usual. The OP is a legitimate question and just as worthy of a discussion as what was his most difficult road to the championship. You can acknowledge his greatness and still be curious which one of his championship was the hardest/easiest. Was there a similar backlash in 2016 when people were asking whether his 2016 championship was his most difficult?
Adamski23
Freshman
And1: 94

Post#38 » by Adamski23 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:59 pm

Ugalde wrote:
Adamski23 wrote:
Ugalde wrote:
I dont diminish the chip for the lakers, just for LeBron. its not his fault he should do whatever he can to win. but im not blind I see the context. I just don't see this ring as impressive at all. and im a guy who didn't hold his Miami days against him at all.

Here's where your are confusing me. Everyone is playing in the same bubble under the same rules. Injuries happen in all of sports and something that can't be controlled. LeBron has limited or no control over many of the factors or circumstances that provided the context in this year's playoffs so why should this potential accomplishment be diminished for him and not the Lakers.
celtics543
Analyst
And1: 3,078

Post#39 » by celtics543 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:32 pm

Are we really blaming Lebron for the Clippers and Bucks losing? As if it's somehow his fault that those teams got upset. I'm not even a Lebron fan and this is really weak. You play the team in front of you. You play well in the regular season and you get an easier road to the finals.

And wasn't it just a month ago people were saying how Portland could upset the Lakers because they were so good? Apparently that narrative has changed quickly. I remember a lot of people talking up Portland as finally being healthy and being in the conference finals last season. How it was going to be like playing a top 4 seed in the 1st round.

Give me a break. If the Lakers win then they deserve the championship. Stop making excuses.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,874

Post#40 » by Sofia » Thu Oct 1, 2020 9:40 pm

rapstarter wrote:LeBron fanboys overreacting as usual. The OP is a legitimate question and just as worthy of a discussion as what was his most difficult road to the championship. You can acknowledge his greatness and still be curious which one of his championship was the hardest/easiest. Was there a similar backlash in 2016 when people were asking whether his 2016 championship was his most difficult?

So what does that make of the Raps championship last year?
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub

Return to The General Board