Swap Jokic and AD, what would the Lakers be like?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,624

Swap Jokic and AD, what would the Lakers be like? 

Post#1 » by Alonzo_Morning » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:58 pm

I think AD is a better fit because of the defense, but it's crazy to think how those two guys would mesh
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,840

Re: Swap Jokic and AD, what would the Lakers be like? 

Post#2 » by Homer38 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:08 pm

I don't know who is the better player between his 2 but I know that Davis is a much better fit for LeBron and the lakers
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,606

Post#3 » by NCHeels2008 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:17 pm

the ball movement on the Lakers would be insane
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,273

Post#4 » by mademan » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:18 pm

Lakers still win, but they lose a lot of versatility. I was hoping to see small ball Rox matchup with Nugs though; wouldve been a fun clash to watch
Wigginstime
Sixth Man
And1: 2,476

Post#5 » by Wigginstime » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:20 pm

Jokic's greatest attribute is his playmaking which is redundant next to Lebron. Davis is a much better fit.

Regardless i think Lebron/Jokic still win the championship.
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,952

Post#6 » by thebigbird » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:23 pm

The areas that Jokic is better than AD in are areas the Lakers don’t really need, because they have LeBron and now ‘playoff Rondo.’ It would really make their defense a lot worse too.

On the flip side, would the Nuggets be better with AD? I’m not sure that they would be. Both guys are on teams that need them for what they’re best at.
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by Alonzo_Morning » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:26 pm

thebigbird wrote:The areas that Jokic is better than AD in are areas the Lakers don’t really need, because they have LeBron and now ‘playoff Rondo.’ It would really make their defense a lot worse too.

On the flip side, would the Nuggets be better with AD? I’m not sure that they would be. Both guys are on teams that need them for what they’re best at.

Good call

I feel like AD on the Nuggets would be camped on the 3 point line waiting for a pass from Murray haha
Teen Girl Squad
Head Coach
And1: 2,992

Post#8 » by Teen Girl Squad » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:30 pm

Wigginstime wrote:Jokic's greatest attribute is his playmaking which is redundant next to Lebron. Davis is a much better fit.

The number 1 strength of the Lakers is how utterly dominate the LeBron/AD combo is on defense. Losing that with Jokic turns this into a more offensive team and their lack of offensive depth shines much more. I honestly don't think there is anyone in the league you can replace AD with next to LeBron to make this team as good as it is. Maybe still win, but a lot more 7 game series, worse regular season record etc... Heck without AD, I'm not sure if LeBron tries half as hard on defense as he's done this season.
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by Alonzo_Morning » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:37 pm

Teen Girl Squad wrote:
Wigginstime wrote:Jokic's greatest attribute is his playmaking which is redundant next to Lebron. Davis is a much better fit.

The number 1 strength of the Lakers is how utterly dominate the LeBron/AD combo is on defense. Losing that with Jokic turns this into a more offensive team and their lack of offensive depth shines much more. I honestly don't think there is anyone in the league you can replace AD with next to LeBron to make this team as good as it is. Maybe still win, but a lot more 7 game series, worse regular season record etc... Heck without AD, I'm not sure if LeBron tries half as hard on defense as he's done this season.

Agree, AD is as good as Wade was as a number 2. Maybe better.

Thanks for the assets anyway
Teen Girl Squad
Head Coach
And1: 2,992

Post#10 » by Teen Girl Squad » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:40 pm

Alonzo_Morning wrote:
Teen Girl Squad wrote:

You guys certainly fleeced us as far as what the Lakers probably could have optimally traded. It also helps that Ingram stepped up when he actually had a NBA calibur head coach. About as good as one could hope for short of a Marc Gasol situation.
SpaceCenter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,285

Post#11 » by SpaceCenter » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:44 pm

Alonzo_Morning wrote:I think AD is a better fit because of the defense, but it's crazy to think how those two guys would mesh

Lakers eliminated by Utah.
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by Alonzo_Morning » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:46 pm

Teen Girl Squad wrote:
Alonzo_Morning wrote:
Teen Girl Squad wrote:

You guys certainly fleeced us as far as what the Lakers probably could have optimally traded. It also helps that Ingram stepped up when he actually had a NBA calibur head coach. About as good as one could hope for short of a Marc Gasol situation.

Clippers copped a much worse fleecing and you got a title

Is it really that bad
Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 15,151

Post#13 » by Sgt Major » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:43 pm

I'm pretty sure that Jokic would fit waaaaay better with the Clippers than with the Lakers.
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.

Return to The General Board