Kyrie about KD: “ this is the first time I’m playing with a player that can hit shots down the scretch too”

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,812

Re: Kyrie about KD: “ this is the first time I’m playing with a player that can hit shots down the scretch too” 

Post#22 » by Duffman100 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:18 pm

Man I'm looking forward to the Nets next year...
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,977

Re: Kyrie about KD: “ this is the first time I’m playing with a player that can hit shots down the scretch too” 

Post#23 » by Capn'O » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:19 pm

Why would you ever give LeBron ammo like that?
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,415

Post#24 » by NyKnicks1714 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:20 pm

Here's the full quote. In a realgm rarity, it's actually worse than what the OP posted.

Read on Twitter
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,624

Post#25 » by Alonzo_Morning » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:20 pm

thebigbird wrote:The Brooklyn Nets are going to be a beautiful disaster.

Clippers of the East I'm thinking

Durant and Irving together. Yep
C-Melo Man
Junior
And1: 197

Post#26 » by C-Melo Man » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:20 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Alonzo_Morning wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:Kyrie should have said

'finally, another player that can carry my ass through the playoffs so I can hit a game winner or two to prove my worth"

27ppg in the finals including the coldest three you'll ever see in the opposing team's house to win the game

Let's give credit where credit is due

the whole point of the me posting in this thread is showing that Lebron helped Kyrie get there. The shade thrown by Kyrie shows he is still NOT capable of leading any team anywhere. There are no guarantees with KD as KD could only get to the finals riding the coattails of other great players as well.

I don't even think people would be surprised if KD and Kyrie don't go to the finals next year either.

Kevin Durant led a young OKC Thunder team to the NBA Finals in 2012 vs. the Miami Heat.
parapooper
Sixth Man
And1: 912

Post#27 » by parapooper » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:21 pm

Alonzo_Morning wrote:

'finally, another player that can carry my ass through the playoffs so I can hit a game winner or two to prove my worth"

27ppg in the finals including the coldest three you'll ever see in the opposing team's house to win the game.

The first Finals game 7 winner in history?

Don't think it's game winner if the team would have won if you missed it, everything else staying the same (which I realise is not a given).

Let's say Kyrie misses and nothing else changes:
14 min left: 71:71
KI/KL/KT/SC combined: 5/23 -> 11 pts (Kyrie closes 1/8)
guy who can't hit shots down the stretch: 5/9 -> 13pts
Cavs win by 1
Marty_Budda
Sixth Man
And1: 2,801

Post#28 » by Marty_Budda » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:21 pm

Oh boy...this is the definition of delusion.

Nets will be clippers 2.0 next season mark my words.0
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,172

Post#29 » by donnieme » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:23 pm

After that Nuggets game this couldn't have been released at a worse time
celtics543
Analyst
And1: 3,078

Post#30 » by celtics543 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:23 pm

Can we get odds on how long Steve Nash lasts with this team?

Read on Twitter
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,539

Post#31 » by Bergmaniac » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:24 pm

Alonzo_Morning wrote:

27ppg in the finals including the coldest three you'll ever see in the opposing team's house to win the game.

I am pretty sure there were some game winners in previous Games 7 of Finals...
Soca
Veteran
And1: 841

Post#32 » by Soca » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:25 pm

celtics543 wrote:Can we get odds on how long Steve Nash lasts with this team?

Read on Twitter

Yikes.
parapooper
Sixth Man
And1: 912

Post#33 » by parapooper » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:26 pm

Read on Twitter

misspelled "head case"
Buckets22
Sixth Man
And1: 1,510

Post#34 » by Buckets22 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:26 pm

Read on Twitter

:banghead: :banghead:
:king: King James Peoples' MVP 2020 :king:
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,168

Post#35 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:26 pm

C-Melo Man wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Alonzo_Morning wrote:
27ppg in the finals including the coldest three you'll ever see in the opposing team's house to win the game

the whole point of the me posting in this thread is showing that Lebron helped Kyrie get there. The shade thrown by Kyrie shows he is still NOT capable of leading any team anywhere. There are no guarantees with KD as KD could only get to the finals riding the coattails of other great players as well.

I don't even think people would be surprised if KD and Kyrie don't go to the finals next year either.

Kevin Durant led a young OKC Thunder team to the NBA Finals in 2012 vs. the Miami Heat.

that was a stacked team for sure. one of the best collection of young players ever.

but we are talking about the years after and the fact he gave up being a leader and decided he needed to follow with Curry and the Warriors.

KD is 32 years old now. Achilles tendon injury. Kyrie is going to go ham on social media when they lose.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,977

Post#36 » by Capn'O » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:28 pm

I am officially entertained.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,381

Post#37 » by JonFromVA » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:28 pm

parapooper wrote:
Alonzo_Morning wrote:

Don't think it's game winner if the team would have won if you missed it, everything else staying the same (which I realise is not a given).

Cavs win by 1

An interesting way to look at it, but really in the moment it didn't seem like a game winner or even a dagger. There was a lot of time left to play and Kyrie nearly blew it moments later.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,168

Post#38 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:30 pm

parapooper wrote:
Alonzo_Morning wrote:

Cavs win by 1

technically not a game winner either. Lebron got the last point on a FT I believe.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
naabzor
Analyst
And1: 2,735

Post#39 » by naabzor » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:30 pm

Tracymcgoaty wrote:Someone remind me what Kyrie was leading the cavs to pre-Lebron?

Also someone remind me where Kyrie led the C's to last year?

Also how far did the C's get this year without him?

Love Kyrie's game that 2016 run him and Lebron went absolute bonkers.

He didn't say anything about carrying a team tho, he said he has someone else in the team that can be clutch as he is. Still a bit stupid considering LeBron is not super clutch but still very good.

Return to The General Board