The Los Angeles Lakers are 2020 NBA Champions

Moderators: zimpy27, KingDavid, jamaalstar21, infinite11285, BombsquadSammy, ken6199, Domejandro, bwgood77, Dirk

Ballerhogger
RealGM
Posts: 26,193
And1: 6,973
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
       

Re: The Los Angeles Lakers are 2020 NBA Champions 

Post#401 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:20 am

[img][
Read on Twitter
?s=20/img]
[tweet
Read on Twitter
?s=20][/tweet]
Movics
Junior
Posts: 384
And1: 168
Joined: Jul 16, 2015
Location: Trampa, FL
   

Re: The Los Angeles Lakers are 2020 NBA Champions 

Post#402 » by Movics » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:49 am

jason bourne wrote:
Jeez, LeBron >>>>>> Kobe, Shaq, and more now :lol: .

I like to go by win shares and for playoffs, it's LeBron.

1. LeBron James 55.27
2. Michael Jordan* 39.76
3. Tim Duncan* 37.84
4. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar* 35.56
5. Magic Johnson* 32.63
6. Wilt Chamberlain* 31.46
7. Shaquille O'Neal* 31.08
8. Kobe Bryant* 28.26
9. Bill Russell* 27.76
10. Julius Erving* 26.89
11. Jerry West* 26.75
12. Larry Bird* 24.83
13. Scottie Pippen* 23.58
14. Dirk Nowitzki 23.13
15. Kevin Durant 23.09
16. Karl Malone* 22.99
17. Hakeem Olajuwon* 22.60
18. Dwyane Wade 21.63
19. John Stockton* 21.35
20. Manu Ginóbili 20.76

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/ws_career_p.html

That is is one of the most mind blowing stats I’ve ever seen. Only the elite of the greats reached 30 and LeBron almost doubles that...
It's kinda funny how life changed and rearranged,
no matter what happens, everything ain't gon' be the same
User avatar
iamworthy
RealGM
Posts: 18,303
And1: 5,852
Joined: Jul 20, 2007
Location: Ring City!!!
   

Re: The Los Angeles Lakers are 2020 NBA Champions 

Post#403 » by iamworthy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:33 pm

Lakers twitter tried to tell you guys at the beginning of the season...

"Consider this a warning"

:lol:
Image
Ballerhogger
RealGM
Posts: 26,193
And1: 6,973
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
       

Re: The Los Angeles Lakers are 2020 NBA Champions 

Post#404 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:00 pm

Alex Curso is true rags to riches story
[tweet




Read on Twitter
?s=20][/tweet]
User avatar
Dr Aki
RealGM
Posts: 29,062
And1: 17,668
Joined: Mar 03, 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
   

Re: The Los Angeles Lakers are 2020 NBA Champions 

Post#405 » by Dr Aki » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:34 am

Ballerhogger wrote:Alex Curso is true rags to riches story


Well there's also Fred Van Vleet
Image
DS17
Rookie
Posts: 1,066
And1: 793
Joined: Mar 08, 2015
 

Re: The Los Angeles Lakers are 2020 NBA Champions 

Post#406 » by DS17 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:04 am

This win still hasn’t kicked in yet :/
Freighttrain
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,763
And1: 3,024
Joined: Aug 08, 2014
   

Re: The Los Angeles Lakers are 2020 NBA Champions 

Post#407 » by Freighttrain » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:08 pm

I'm hoping they can at least have a ring ceremony in a packed staples center, but I feel like that's probably out of the question.
User avatar
EArl
RealGM
Posts: 46,977
And1: 10,852
Joined: Mar 14, 2012
Location: Columbus
   

Re: The Los Angeles Lakers are 2020 NBA Champions 

Post#408 » by EArl » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:23 pm



Personally I think he looks like Sheen, but still funny.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
John Murdoch
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,366
And1: 3,875
Joined: Sep 16, 2013
         

Re: The Los Angeles Lakers are 2020 NBA Champions 

Post#409 » by John Murdoch » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:49 am

xb3at band1tx wrote:Still nuts to me Anthony Davis averaged 25/10 on 50/40/90 shooting lol


Whats more impressive too me is how many fluke injuries AD would leave with in New Orleans..but in LA he literally was as durable as ever . Pound for pound he really does have an argument for 2nd best player in the NBA now because those tic tack injuries were always the big issue in debates . This offseason i want him to watch tape and see where he can be more aggresive early on and impose his will , specifically the Denver series
Blackification wrote:I **** hate that crackhead corey brewer


Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
User avatar
Dr Aki
RealGM
Posts: 29,062
And1: 17,668
Joined: Mar 03, 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
   

Re: The Los Angeles Lakers are 2020 NBA Champions 

Post#410 » by Dr Aki » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:05 am

John Murdoch wrote:
xb3at band1tx wrote:Still nuts to me Anthony Davis averaged 25/10 on 50/40/90 shooting lol


Whats more impressive too me is how many fluke injuries AD would leave with in New Orleans..but in LA he literally was as durable as ever . Pound for pound he really does have an argument for 2nd best player in the NBA now because those tic tack injuries were always the big issue in debates . This offseason i want him to watch tape and see where he can be more aggresive early on and impose his will , specifically the Denver series


i wouldn't say he was any more or less durable, but instead would say because davis was playing more important games, he would play through those same injuries that would otherwise be an automatic sit and recover scenario if it was during the regular season

he did tweak his ankle, his heel, even took a caruso to the knee
Image
User avatar
Young Stapler
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,036
And1: 3,390
Joined: Feb 04, 2019
 

Re: The Los Angeles Lakers are 2020 NBA Champions 

Post#411 » by Young Stapler » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:53 am

How about those Lakers :nod: :nod: :nod:
User avatar
Tracymcgoaty
General Manager
Posts: 8,172
And1: 6,879
Joined: Dec 21, 2015
   

Re: The Los Angeles Lakers are 2020 NBA Champions 

Post#412 » by Tracymcgoaty » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:43 am



LOOK AT THIS **** BEAST OF A DEFENDER. DUDE WAS GUARDING C-PF-SF-SG-PG IT DONT MATTER

Im in love with this mans defense it's exquisite. I've never used the word exquisite for anything before but this mans defense deserces it...EXQUISITE!
“Listen man, thank you Kobe for giving me my roses while I’m still here on this earth,” McGrady said. “He was, listen, I came in, I used to stay at this man’s house. I just knew how gifted he was gonna be, And he just brought the best out of me.
GlennQuagmire
Pro Prospect
Posts: 775
And1: 427
Joined: Mar 06, 2012
Location: Quahog, R.I

Re: The Los Angeles Lakers are 2020 NBA Champions 

Post#413 » by GlennQuagmire » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:29 am




Rajon the GOAT
User avatar
Magic Is Magic
Junior
Posts: 324
And1: 378
Joined: Mar 05, 2019
     

Re: The Los Angeles Lakers are 2020 NBA Champions 

Post#414 » by Magic Is Magic » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:35 am

Movics wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
Jeez, LeBron >>>>>> Kobe, Shaq, and more now :lol: .

I like to go by win shares and for playoffs, it's LeBron.

1. LeBron James 55.27
2. Michael Jordan* 39.76
3. Tim Duncan* 37.84
4. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar* 35.56
5. Magic Johnson* 32.63
6. Wilt Chamberlain* 31.46
7. Shaquille O'Neal* 31.08
8. Kobe Bryant* 28.26
9. Bill Russell* 27.76
10. Julius Erving* 26.89
11. Jerry West* 26.75
12. Larry Bird* 24.83
13. Scottie Pippen* 23.58
14. Dirk Nowitzki 23.13
15. Kevin Durant 23.09
16. Karl Malone* 22.99
17. Hakeem Olajuwon* 22.60
18. Dwyane Wade 21.63
19. John Stockton* 21.35
20. Manu Ginóbili 20.76

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/ws_career_p.html

That is is one of the most mind blowing stats I’ve ever seen. Only the elite of the greats reached 30 and LeBron almost doubles that...


He is the most consistent player the world has ever seen. He doesn't need perfect conditions to be met in order for him to advance in the playoffs and make Finals appearances. He is the one player you can practically mold onto any team or in any scenario, under any head coach, with any plethora of #2 options. No one else quite has that ability except for maybe Kareem. LeBron made a Finals in 2007 with Big Z as his #2 option (12.6 ppg) and he made another Finals with David Blatt as his head coach. He has won in Cleveland, Miami, and L.A. His ability to achieve success under multiple different conditions doesn't get enough credit. Thankfully his bounty of win shares shows this to be true.
User avatar
Magic Is Magic
Junior
Posts: 324
And1: 378
Joined: Mar 05, 2019
     

Re: The Los Angeles Lakers are 2020 NBA Champions 

Post#415 » by Magic Is Magic » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:46 am

jason bourne wrote:
ash_k wrote:
xb3at band1tx wrote:Still nuts to me Anthony Davis averaged 25/10 on 50/40/90 shooting lol

it has been shared (PER avg of all time)
1. GOAT 27.91
2. LeBron James 27.49
3. Anthony Davis 27.42
4. Shaquille O'Neal* 26.43
17. Stephen Curry 23.83
26. Kobe Bryant* 22.90

Now add another title on top of that then AD will be fully considered an All-time great!


Jeez, LeBron >>>>>> Kobe, Shaq, and more now :lol: .

I like to go by win shares and for playoffs, it's LeBron.

1. LeBron James 55.27
2. Michael Jordan* 39.76
3. Tim Duncan* 37.84
4. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar* 35.56
5. Magic Johnson* 32.63
6. Wilt Chamberlain* 31.46
7. Shaquille O'Neal* 31.08
8. Kobe Bryant* 28.26
9. Bill Russell* 27.76
10. Julius Erving* 26.89
11. Jerry West* 26.75
12. Larry Bird* 24.83
13. Scottie Pippen* 23.58
14. Dirk Nowitzki 23.13
15. Kevin Durant 23.09
16. Karl Malone* 22.99
17. Hakeem Olajuwon* 22.60
18. Dwyane Wade 21.63
19. John Stockton* 21.35
20. Manu Ginóbili 20.76

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/ws_career_p.html


Absolutely, that is the better measurement. Career PER rewards players for retiring early and playing shorter playoff runs. MJ went off in those years where he didn't make the Finals. If you look at MJ's top 7 Playoff PER runs he only made the Finals in 2 of them. The other 5 were his 1st and 2nd round exits mostly. Simply because it is much harder to sustain a high PER for an extended run and against increasingly more difficult opponents. Playoff Win Shares is the Gold Standard--great post!
User avatar
Magic Is Magic
Junior
Posts: 324
And1: 378
Joined: Mar 05, 2019
     

Re: The Los Angeles Lakers are 2020 NBA Champions 

Post#416 » by Magic Is Magic » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:49 am

Ugly Duckling wrote:One more ring and LeBron will finally catch up to Rodman


Salty guy :lol:

But salt aside, isn't it crazy to see that LeBron passed Rodman in playoff rebounding. The one thing Rodman was supposed to be better than LeBron at but LeBron still passed him up. LeBron is top 6 right now and could even scoot into the top 4 all time rebounding spot after next playoffs assuming he doesn't have a 1st round exit.
User avatar
Magic Is Magic
Junior
Posts: 324
And1: 378
Joined: Mar 05, 2019
     

Re: The Los Angeles Lakers are 2020 NBA Champions 

Post#417 » by Magic Is Magic » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:56 am

Mamba Mentality wrote:Image


:lol:




mY CiTy bRo

NAH :lol:
User avatar
Ugly Duckling
Veteran
Posts: 2,767
And1: 1,410
Joined: Jul 20, 2014
Location: The Windy
 

Re: The Los Angeles Lakers are 2020 NBA Champions 

Post#418 » by Ugly Duckling » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:59 pm

Magic Is Magic wrote:
Ugly Duckling wrote:One more ring and LeBron will finally catch up to Rodman


Salty guy :lol:

But salt aside, isn't it crazy to see that LeBron passed Rodman in playoff rebounding. The one thing Rodman was supposed to be better than LeBron at but LeBron still passed him up. LeBron is top 6 right now and could even scoot into the top 4 all time rebounding spot after next playoffs assuming he doesn't have a 1st round exit.


Makes absolutely no sense. LeBron's played like 100 more playoff games than Rodman after not going to college (Rodman went for 4 years). Rodman averaged 10 RPG in the playoffs while LeBron's averaging 9. I can't believe you guys take his total stats into consideration when he didn't go to college. But not salty, I like LeBron and am glad the Lakers won. I have him number 2 after Mike
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
GlennQuagmire
Pro Prospect
Posts: 775
And1: 427
Joined: Mar 06, 2012
Location: Quahog, R.I

Re: The Los Angeles Lakers are 2020 NBA Champions 

Post#419 » by GlennQuagmire » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:07 pm

theforumblue
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,742
And1: 1,288
Joined: Feb 18, 2012

Re: The Los Angeles Lakers are 2020 NBA Champions 

Post#420 » by theforumblue » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:30 pm

Tracymcgoaty wrote:

LOOK AT THIS **** BEAST OF A DEFENDER. DUDE WAS GUARDING C-PF-SF-SG-PG IT DONT MATTER

Im in love with this mans defense it's exquisite. I've never used the word exquisite for anything before but this mans defense deserces it...EXQUISITE!


great example of knowing how to use his body and strength as a perimeter defender. length and speed is obviously great traits to have for defense but when you can't just be bumped off the it really gets into people's heads.
screw these absolute garbage refs

Return to The General Board