Michael Jordan is still the GOAT. Lebron has solidified the #2 spot though.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

MavsPride99
Junior
And1: 265

Re: Michael Jordan is still the GOAT. Lebron has solidified the #2 spot though. 

Post#601 » by MavsPride99 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:35 am

Brofessor24 wrote:King James is my GOAT.

Also he is more interesting/likable than MJ IMO. I had no interest in watching The Last Dance.

Your a grown man calling someone King? You wearing le bum pajamas too kid?

Likable? Same guy that walked off the court before the game was over like a little baby in the finals against Miami? Same guy who cried like a little baby cause Giannis won mvp this year? Same guy who wore a fake cast after being swept in the finals in 2018? Interesting to watch? He either chunks up a 3 or drives to the basket elbowing everybody who gets in his way. He has no mid range game. Picks his all star team mates so he can stack the deck. Ive been watching the nba since 87/88 season, never found a player more annoying than this guy. Will be great when he retired
Brofessor24
Sixth Man
And1: 888

Post#602 » by Brofessor24 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:38 am

MavsPride99 wrote:

Also he is more interesting/likable than MJ IMO. I had no interest in watching The Last Dance.

Likable? Same guy that walked off the court before the game was over like a little baby in the finals against Miami? Same guy who cried like a little baby cause Giannis won mvp this year? Same guy who wore a fake cast after being swept in the finals in 2018? Interesting to watch? He either chunks up a 3 or drives to the basket elbowing everybody who gets in his way. He has no mid range game. Picks his all star team mates so he can stack the deck. Ive been watching the nba since 87/88 season, never found a player more annoying than this guy. Will be great when he retired

IMO he is the GOAT. Jordan is simply not on his level.

Your opinion is flawed, but you're entitled to it.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,885

Post#603 » by Sofia » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:39 am

MavsPride is a new poster here, and rather than going to the Mavs board and introducing himself, he’s spent the past few hours and all his posts in this thread to talk down Lebron.

Rent free.
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,840

Post#604 » by Homer38 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:18 am

Drygon wrote:
MavsPride99 wrote:Le Bron was mediocre vs Dallas in 2011 and formed super teams with Bosh, Wade, Kyrie, Love, and Davis. The Bulls traded for Pippen on draft night and drafted Grant. Rodman was an elite rebounder but Davis, Love, and Bosh all provided more. Jordan never stacked the deck like le bron

Also, LeBron was dropping 20 PPG on disastrous 40% TS in NBA Finals 2007. Which is awful for a top 3 player at the time.

If LeBron was just decent, the Cavs could've won at least once in that series. It was close despite LeBron's horror show...

- Game 1: Cavs 76 - 85 Spurs
- Game 2: Cavs 92 - 103 Spurs
- Game 3: Cavs 72 - 75 Spurs
- Game 4: Cavs 82 - 83 Spurs

We have already answered this point in a thread that you made, no need to repeat your point once again in a random thread
Midw35t
Senior
And1: 564

Post#605 » by Midw35t » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:27 am

https://blog.barrystickets.com/chicago-bulls-nba-finals/

An over-the-hill Lakers team.

Charles Barkley.

Clyde Drexler and Terry Porter.

Shawn Kemp and Gary Payton.

Karl Malone and john Stockton x2.

Vs.

Duncan, Ginobli, Parker first, with absolute dog **** for teammates. (then add Kawhi)

Curry, Klay, Green (then add Durant)

Young Durant, Westbrook, Harden

The only real blemish is the Dirk run, which was insane.

The only player that LeBron has played with that makes the HoF is Wade, maybe Davis.

Jordan had Pippen and Rodman.

They're god damn even. LeBron still has time though.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,402

Post#606 » by Triple7 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:37 am

MJ no doubt!
Lebron probably 4th or 5th best!
That 8pts on 46mins against the mavs in the finals was laughable! Lol :lol:
Petergrifindor
Rookie
And1: 1,433

Post#607 » by Petergrifindor » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:00 am

Midw35t wrote:
The only player that LeBron has played with that makes the HoF is Wade, maybe Davis.

Allen goes in for sure.

Dwight Howard goes in for sure.

And we'll see Kyrie, and Love and Bosh.
Gregoire
Analyst
And1: 548

Post#608 » by Gregoire » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:41 am

ThePersianFreak wrote:To me the absolute peak of LeBron is higher than Jordan (Last 3 games against GSW in 2016 is the highest level of basketball from an individual that i've ever seen). That's because of LeBron's versatility on defense and the way he anchored the D and was the main rim protector for the Cavs. MJ had better defensive career and overall i put him ahead of LeBron defensively, but the ceiling of LeBron is higher defensively and that showed during those Finals. But 3-5 games is a very small sample size and overall i think Jordan had the higher peak (albeit very close to LeBron and Shaq) over the course of a single season. Jordan was a tad more consistent during his prime but LeBron's prime is soooooooo long. Overall i think their Peak/Prime is comparable but the fact that LeBron's prime is almost 14 years gives him the edge.
So, in a vacuume i think their colse to each other.
Then there's the individual and team accolades, Jordan is better here, 2 more rings while being the best player and 1 more regular season MVP. I don't value these type of accolades that high, but when you're comparing 2 players that are so close to each other, you can use these as tiebreakers.
Right now i have Jordan and LeBron as 1a and 1b. If LeBron has another 2 seasons of superstar play and wins another ring as the best player on his team, i can put him ahead of Jordan.

Of course these are all my opinions and im the kinda guy who values peak/prime more that longivity. That's why i have Shaq at number 7 on my list (Jordan, Bron, Kareem, Magic, Russell,Duncan, Shaq). Of course if you value longivity more, Kareem and Duncan have their cases. If you value defense and leadership more, Bill Russell has his case and ... .

I think at their apex Jordan was better too: he had some stretches of 3-4 games in the playoffs, which outmatched Lebrons 2016 finals. Not to mention 3 games seems arbitrary number. Why not 5? 6? 2? 1 Game?
Heej wrote:
These no calls on LeBron are crazy. A lot of stars got foul calls to protect them from the league. That's gonna be the most enduring take from his career. :lol:
falcolombardi wrote:
Come playoffs 18 lebron beats any version of jordan :lol:
ThePersianFreak
Suspended
And1: 1,072

Post#609 » by ThePersianFreak » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:30 pm

Gregoire wrote:
ThePersianFreak wrote:To me the absolute peak of LeBron is higher than Jordan (Last 3 games against GSW in 2016 is the highest level of basketball from an individual that i've ever seen). That's because of LeBron's versatility on defense and the way he anchored the D and was the main rim protector for the Cavs. MJ had better defensive career and overall i put him ahead of LeBron defensively, but the ceiling of LeBron is higher defensively and that showed during those Finals. But 3-5 games is a very small sample size and overall i think Jordan had the higher peak (albeit very close to LeBron and Shaq) over the course of a single season. Jordan was a tad more consistent during his prime but LeBron's prime is soooooooo long. Overall i think their Peak/Prime is comparable but the fact that LeBron's prime is almost 14 years gives him the edge.
So, in a vacuume i think their colse to each other.
Then there's the individual and team accolades, Jordan is better here, 2 more rings while being the best player and 1 more regular season MVP. I don't value these type of accolades that high, but when you're comparing 2 players that are so close to each other, you can use these as tiebreakers.
Right now i have Jordan and LeBron as 1a and 1b. If LeBron has another 2 seasons of superstar play and wins another ring as the best player on his team, i can put him ahead of Jordan.

Of course these are all my opinions and im the kinda guy who values peak/prime more that longivity. That's why i have Shaq at number 7 on my list (Jordan, Bron, Kareem, Magic, Russell,Duncan, Shaq). Of course if you value longivity more, Kareem and Duncan have their cases. If you value defense and leadership more, Bill Russell has his case and ... .

I think at their apex Jordan was better too: he had some stretches of 3-4 games in the playoffs, which outmatched Lebrons 2016 finals. Not to mention 3 games seems arbitrary number. Why not 5? 6? 2? 1 Game?

Lets agree to disagree then. What LeBron did defensively against Warriors in 2016, is something Jordan was'nt physically capable of.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,700

Post#610 » by Warriorfan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:09 pm

One of the biggest things Lebron did to the Warriors 2016 he put his balls in front of Green and got him retroactively suspended.

Another thing ,Warriors win in 2016 and draft/trade well to get another title or two through Lebron , he becomes the unmentioned Wilt GOAT to Currys Russell
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,634

Post#611 » by OdomFan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:32 pm

Sofia wrote:
OdomFan wrote:I'd like to know what makes Lebron better than Larry Bird.

Stop it. Get some help.

The only "help" I need is for someone to answer the question that I asked. Never said Bird was better but I simply asked what makes Lebron unanimously ahead of him. If you can't leave the attitude at the door and just talk basketball then you should just keep on scrolling bro.

Anyway skill for skill Larry Legend could pass the ball just as well, shot the ball better in general, and if you ask me was a better team leader. LeBron's strengths in the discussion is that he's faster, more athletic, a better rebounder, better on defense, and could score at the rim better mostly because of his size and athleticism. Lebron's basketball IQ is very good, but so was Larry Legends so there's no canceling either one out there.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,700

Post#612 » by Warriorfan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:48 pm

If Lebron doesnt make it to the finals again till he retires is he still # 2
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,840

Post#613 » by Homer38 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:53 pm

Warriorfan wrote:If Lebron doesnt make it to the finals again till he retires is he still # 2

LeBron has nothing left to prove.Anything he'll do for the rest of his career is gonna be a bonus.
markjay
Starter
And1: 1,611

Post#614 » by markjay » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:03 pm

OdomFan wrote:
Sofia wrote:
OdomFan wrote:I'd like to know what makes Lebron better than Larry Bird.

Stop it. Get some help.

The only "help" I need is for someone to answer the question that I asked. Never said Bird was better but I simply asked what makes Lebron unanimously ahead of him. If you can't leave the attitude at the door and just talk basketball then you should just keep on scrolling bro.

Anyway skill for skill Larry Legend could pass the ball just as well, shot the ball better in general, and if you ask me was a better team leader. LeBron's strengths in the discussion is that he's faster, more athletic, a better rebounder, better on defense, and could score at the rim better mostly because of his size and athleticism. Lebron's basketball IQ is very good, but so was Larry Legends so there's no canceling either one out there.

Fair question, which I think you answered already. The ability to score at the rim for LeBron is huge. It's what makes LeBron almost unstoppable, and it also adds to his value as a passer since it forces the defense to collapse on him.

Without that ability, sure, you could say that Bird or Kobe are better than LeBron. But the strength and speed to score at the net is what makes LeBron better than Bird, Kobe, and Magic and brings him into the Jordan/Kareem tier.
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,634

Post#615 » by OdomFan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:46 pm

markjay wrote:
OdomFan wrote:
Sofia wrote:Stop it. Get some help.

Fair question, which I think you answered already. The ability to score at the rim for LeBron is huge. It's what makes LeBron almost unstoppable, and it also adds to his value as a passer since it forces the defense to collapse on him.

Without that ability, sure, you could say that Bird or Kobe are better than LeBron. But the strength and speed to score at the net is what makes LeBron better than Bird, Kobe, and Magic and brings him into the Jordan/Kareem tier.

Good point, but on the other hand Larry Bird had that same impact on the game too. Only it was his dangerous ability to score from shooting the ball almost anywhere on the court that drew those double teams. So that freed up teammates to have those opportunities to be open for Bird to pick apart defenses with his amazing passing ablity. So it can go either way.
MavsPride99
Junior

Post#616 » by MavsPride99 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:15 pm

Brofessor24 wrote:
MavsPride99 wrote:

How is jordan not on his level? Please explain to me? Other than passing ability, le bron has nothing on jordan. Jordan was a better offensive and defensive player. Le bron has been inconsistent defensively his entire career. Good this year, horrible last year. Le bron makes the entire offense revolve around him. The Bulls used the triangle offense to have a free flowing offense. Get everybody involved. Le bron cant handle not having everything go through him. Pretty sure you never watched jordan play either. Other than you tube videos
MavsPride99
Junior

Post#617 » by MavsPride99 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:20 pm

Sofia wrote:MavsPride is a new poster here, and rather than going to the Mavs board and introducing himself, he’s spent the past few hours and all his posts in this thread to talk down Lebron.

Rent free.

Le bron is top 3 or 4 talent of all time. Ill give him his due he is an incredible talent. But i dont think he is better than jordan, watched both careers, and yea i think he is very unlikeable. The decision, mocked dirk during 2011 finals, formed super teams, walking off the court before the game is over, wearing fake cast after 2018 finals. Also, why didnt he take that final shot in the wcf against Denver with 2 seconds left in the game? Make or miss jordan takes that shot everytime
Brofessor24
Sixth Man
And1: 888

Post#618 » by Brofessor24 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:28 pm

MavsPride99 wrote:
Brofessor24 wrote:
MavsPride99 wrote:

How is jordan not on his level? Please explain to me? Other than passing ability, le bron has nothing on jordan. Jordan was a better offensive and defensive player. Le bron has been inconsistent defensively his entire career. Good this year, horrible last year. Le bron makes the entire offense revolve around him. The Bulls used the triangle offense to have a free flowing offense. Get everybody involved. Le bron cant handle not having everything go through him. Pretty sure you never watched jordan play either. Other than you tube videos

You are biased against LeBron.

However, you do you.
MavsPride99
Junior

Post#619 » by MavsPride99 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:37 pm

Midw35t wrote:https://blog.barrystickets.com/chicago-bulls-nba-finals/

An over-the-hill Lakers team.

Charles Barkley.

Clyde Drexler and Terry Porter.

Shawn Kemp and Gary Payton.

Karl Malone and john Stockton x2.

Vs.

Duncan, Ginobli, Parker first, with absolute dog **** for teammates. (then add Kawhi)

Curry, Klay, Green (then add Durant)

Young Durant, Westbrook, Harden

The only real blemish is the Dirk run, which was insane.

Jordan had Pippen and Rodman.

They're god damn even. LeBron still has time though.

Lol Magic averaged 19, 13, and 7 that year. He was awesome and the Lakers won 63 games. He was only 32.

Barkley was MVP in 92 season and is a hof player

Drexler was a 90s version of Wade. That portland team was good with Porter, Cliff Robinson, Jerome Kersey, Buck Williams

Wade HOF, Chris Bosh would have been if not for injury. Ray Allen hof, Davis if he stays healthy will be a hof

Rodman was an elite rebounder but provided nothing else. Davis, Bosh, and Love are all better overall talents compared to Rodman. Plus jordan didnt switch teams or force management to make trades for all star players like le bron
MavsPride99
Junior

Post#620 » by MavsPride99 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:39 pm

Homer38 wrote:
Warriorfan wrote:If Lebron doesnt make it to the finals again till he retires is he still # 2

LeBron has nothing left to prove.Anything he'll do for the rest of his career is gonna be a bonus.

I agree

Return to The General Board