LeBron has played 8 Superteams in the finals

Moderators: zimpy27, KingDavid, jamaalstar21, infinite11285, BombsquadSammy, ken6199, Domejandro, bwgood77, Dirk

LeBird
Pro Prospect
Posts: 935
And1: 832
Joined: Dec 22, 2012

Re: LeBron has played 8 Superteams in the finals 

Post#61 » by LeBird » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:30 am

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
LeBird wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:I didn't know Durant, Westbrook and Harden won a MVP each while on the same team.


And yet, OKC is far stronger than anything Jordan beat in the finals.


I didn't bring up Jordan, so I'm not sure why you did.

You Lebron stans are insufferable nowadays.


It’s pretty clear who gets butthurt about the argument that LeBron faced far tougher odds.

In any case, if that OKC trio wasn’t at their absolute peak it doesn’t detract from the claim of them being a super team. That team had at least two 1st ballot HOF near their peaks, another one just before his (his usage was just lower) as well as other beasts like Ibaka.

It shows that if you don’t consider them a super team in LeBron’s time that same team would still be better than anything Jordan beat in the finals and if it existed back in the 90s no one would blink about calling them a super team, such was the paucity of MJ’s competition. MJ was on the super team himself with no comparable opponent. The closest it gets is the Jazz team, and they were old. And they wouldn’t be considered a super team in today’s league - one of many 2 star teams.

If LeBron had those Bulls teams even today’s stacked era he’d probably have won rings regardless - that’s how much he impacts winning.
twyzted
Senior
Posts: 552
And1: 574
Joined: Jun 01, 2018
       

Re: LeBron has played 8 Superteams in the finals 

Post#62 » by twyzted » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:03 am

LeBird wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
LeBird wrote:
And yet, OKC is far stronger than anything Jordan beat in the finals.


I didn't bring up Jordan, so I'm not sure why you did.

You Lebron stans are insufferable nowadays.


It’s pretty clear who gets butthurt about the argument that LeBron faced far tougher odds.

In any case, if that OKC trio wasn’t at their absolute peak it doesn’t detract from the claim of them being a super team. That team had at least two 1st ballot HOF near their peaks, another one just before his (his usage was just lower) as well as other beasts like Ibaka.

It shows that if you don’t consider them a super team in LeBron’s time that same team would still be better than anything Jordan beat in the finals and if it existed back in the 90s no one would blink about calling them a super team, such was the paucity of MJ’s competition. MJ was on the super team himself with no comparable opponent. The closest it gets is the Jazz team, and they were old. And they wouldn’t be considered a super team in today’s league - one of many 2 star teams.

If LeBron had those Bulls teams even today’s stacked era he’d probably have won rings regardless - that’s how much he impacts winning.


Im pretty sure orlando magic had a pretty good team and better then okc. Lakers, suns, portland would beat them also.
Ibaka was 7ppg, 5 rpg with good defence.
Harden was 2nd year player.
It was westbrook and durant.
They had perkins, ibaka, durant, thabo sefelosha and westbrook starting.
With 2nd year harden as 6th man and 37 year old fisher coming of the bench.
And stop with this close to their peak or near it at the time they were not at their peaks.
Harden would become 6th man of the season next year.

Yeah they beat kobe with bynum and gasol was not prime gasol, mavs lost dpoy chandler. Not the same team.

If we are gonna use this close to or near. Then in 91 jordan and pippen beat the bad boy pistons and the lakers who were close or near their peaks.

The bulls were never a super team maybe in 96 but it was Jordan and Pippen with good defence
Pennebaker wrote:Jordan lacks LeBron's mental toughness particularly because he couldn't handle criticism well.


freethedevil wrote:Jordan would statpad both his overall and "clutch" stats in blowout wins
trueballer7
Senior
Posts: 595
And1: 481
Joined: Mar 26, 2019
   

Re: LeBron has played 8 Superteams in the finals 

Post#63 » by trueballer7 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:42 am

A_Biased_Fan wrote:
Clutch0z24 wrote:
A_Biased_Fan wrote:
Solid chart!

And for those of you complaining the Spurs guys or Kidd are not in their prime. Well neither were Stockton, Magic, Worthy, and Divac (and speaking of Divac, how the hell is he in the HOF?).


Its the fact LeBron LOST LOST LOST To these over the hill HOF guys ...Jordan NEVER Lost to these guys in the finals thats WHY it makes the loses on LBJ finals resume worse


What's there to compare? Jordan rarely played teams with multiple HOF'ers in the finals. He did so twice, and that's the Jazz and Lakers, who each had 2 (I can only assume Divac is in for international reasons, the guy never scored more than 20 ppg and only made one all star team). And in 3 of these finals, he has more HOF'ers contributing on his own team than the opposite team. The Spurs had friggin 4! And they were all still contributors and playing big minutes.

Jordan's competition in the finals just wasn't as good as Lebron's. It's ok to admit it.

Its ok to admit Jordan wrecks him in everything and will always do so.
1991 Pistons, back to back champions. Isiah Thomas HOFer, multiple all star etc, FMVP, assists champion, NCAA champion, NCAA FF MVP, all american, 29 years old, Joe Dumars HOFer, multiple all star, multiple all defense, FMVP 28 years old, Bill Laimbeer multiple all star, TRB champion, 33 years old, Mark Aguirre multiple all star, Naismith College player of the year, age 30, Dennis Rodman, HOFer, multiple all star, multiple all defense, multiple TRB champion, 2 DPOY, age 29, Tree Rollins, multiple times all defense, BLK champion, age 35, coach Chuck Daly, top ten coach time, dream team coach etc
Only the 2017-2018 Warriors are comparable to this team, although the Pistons were deeper and better coached. The GOAT swept the latter, whilst Lebron got stomped 8-1 and went around with his mothers' scarf wrapped around his hand
bellabiyel
Senior
Posts: 534
And1: 537
Joined: Dec 13, 2018
 

Re: LeBron has played 8 Superteams in the finals 

Post#64 » by bellabiyel » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:49 am

Danny1616 wrote:
CBS7 wrote:An underrated aspect is how often LeBron played on superteams

2009
Ilgauskas (all star)
Wallace (all star)
Szczerbiak (all star)
Mo Williams (all star)

2010
Ilgauskas (all star)
Shaq (HOF)
Jamison (all star)
Mo Williams (all star)

2011
Juwon Howard (all star)
Ilguaskas (all star)
Bosh (all star)
Wade (HOF)
Stackhouse (all star)

etc


Gonna add to your great list.

2012
Bosh (all-star)
Wade (all-star)
Howard (all-star)

2013
Bosh (all-star)
Wade (all-star)
Howard (all-star)
Allen (all-star)

2014
Bosh (all-star)
Wade (all-star)
Howard (all-star)
Allen (all-star)
Lewis (all-star)

2015
Irving (all-star)
Love (all-star)
Marion (all-star)

2016
Irving (all-star)
Love (all-star)
Mo Williams (all-star)

2017
Irving (all-star)
Love (all-star)
Deron Williams (all-star)

2018
Love (all-star)
Wade (all-star)
Rose (all-star)
Korver (all-star)
Isiah Thomas (all-star)

2019
NO ALL-STAR AND MISSED PLAYOFFS (WHAT A SURPRISE)

2020
Davis (all-star)
Howard (all-star)
Rondo (all-star)



weh 2019 has rondo in it and chandler so you are wrong :lol:
User avatar
Lalouie
RealGM
Posts: 10,546
And1: 4,839
Joined: May 12, 2017

Re: LeBron has played 8 Superteams in the finals 

Post#65 » by Lalouie » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:49 am

prophet_of_rage wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:Haha maaann... are lebron fans going to overtake Kobe fans as the worst fanbase in basketball?
Can't get past Jordan stans. Blame Bob Costas for calling MJ GOAT.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk


at least we saw him play.

in the bell curve of life the number of lebron fans in world who actually lived through the mj period(which i'll guess at 40yrs or older) would constitute the faaaar right tip of the curve.
bellabiyel
Senior
Posts: 534
And1: 537
Joined: Dec 13, 2018
 

Re: LeBron has played 8 Superteams in the finals 

Post#66 » by bellabiyel » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:52 am

so a definition of a superteam is based on a player accomplishment on their whole career ok ok ok hahhaha..even if they are trash old shell of their former selves haha
bellabiyel
Senior
Posts: 534
And1: 537
Joined: Dec 13, 2018
 

Re: LeBron has played 8 Superteams in the finals 

Post#67 » by bellabiyel » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:54 am

hahha
bellabiyel
Senior
Posts: 534
And1: 537
Joined: Dec 13, 2018
 

Re: LeBron has played 8 Superteams in the finals 

Post#68 » by bellabiyel » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:57 am

ChantMVP wrote:Image



forgot to. put iguodala the 2015 finals mvp an allstar ..he should be on 2015 to 2020 :lol:
bellabiyel
Senior
Posts: 534
And1: 537
Joined: Dec 13, 2018
 

Re: LeBron has played 8 Superteams in the finals 

Post#69 » by bellabiyel » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:58 am

dc wrote:2012 OKC were super talented but way young. KD/Russ were 23 and Harden 22. They weren't yet the players they'd become.



but someone put the old players and trash on lebron superteams :lol:
BigDocta898
Senior
Posts: 686
And1: 993
Joined: Oct 27, 2019

Re: LeBron has played 8 Superteams in the finals 

Post#70 » by BigDocta898 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:38 am

Danny1616 wrote:
CBS7 wrote:An underrated aspect is how often LeBron played on superteams

2009
Ilgauskas (all star)
Wallace (all star)
Szczerbiak (all star)
Mo Williams (all star)

2010
Ilgauskas (all star)
Shaq (HOF)
Jamison (all star)
Mo Williams (all star)

2011
Juwon Howard (all star)
Ilguaskas (all star)
Bosh (all star)
Wade (HOF)
Stackhouse (all star)

etc


Gonna add to your great list.

2012
Bosh (all-star)
Wade (all-star)
Howard (all-star)

2013
Bosh (all-star)
Wade (all-star)
Howard (all-star)
Allen (all-star)

2014
Bosh (all-star)
Wade (all-star)
Howard (all-star)
Allen (all-star)
Lewis (all-star)

2015
Irving (all-star)
Love (all-star)
Marion (all-star)

2016
Irving (all-star)
Love (all-star)
Mo Williams (all-star)

2017
Irving (all-star)
Love (all-star)
Deron Williams (all-star)

2018
Love (all-star)
Wade (all-star)
Rose (all-star)
Korver (all-star)
Isiah Thomas (all-star)

2019
NO ALL-STAR AND MISSED PLAYOFFS (WHAT A SURPRISE)

2020
Davis (all-star)
Howard (all-star)
Rondo (all-star)



You're sad
User avatar
3ballbomber
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,264
And1: 3,607
Joined: Jan 24, 2011
Location: Burn City
 

Re: LeBron has played 8 Superteams in the finals 

Post#71 » by 3ballbomber » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:26 am

that didn't go quite right OP. just like life, there's no delete button...
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way. Virtue, Ethics & Honor.

DemGoonsfrmDade
AussieCeltic
Starter
Posts: 2,356
And1: 4,034
Joined: Jan 02, 2014
 

Re: LeBron has played 8 Superteams in the finals 

Post#72 » by AussieCeltic » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:38 am

BigDocta898 wrote:
Danny1616 wrote:
CBS7 wrote:An underrated aspect is how often LeBron played on superteams

2009
Ilgauskas (all star)
Wallace (all star)
Szczerbiak (all star)
Mo Williams (all star)

2010
Ilgauskas (all star)
Shaq (HOF)
Jamison (all star)
Mo Williams (all star)

2011
Juwon Howard (all star)
Ilguaskas (all star)
Bosh (all star)
Wade (HOF)
Stackhouse (all star)

etc


Gonna add to your great list.

2012
Bosh (all-star)
Wade (all-star)
Howard (all-star)

2013
Bosh (all-star)
Wade (all-star)
Howard (all-star)
Allen (all-star)

2014
Bosh (all-star)
Wade (all-star)
Howard (all-star)
Allen (all-star)
Lewis (all-star)

2015
Irving (all-star)
Love (all-star)
Marion (all-star)

2016
Irving (all-star)
Love (all-star)
Mo Williams (all-star)

2017
Irving (all-star)
Love (all-star)
Deron Williams (all-star)

2018
Love (all-star)
Wade (all-star)
Rose (all-star)
Korver (all-star)
Isiah Thomas (all-star)

2019
NO ALL-STAR AND MISSED PLAYOFFS (WHAT A SURPRISE)

2020
Davis (all-star)
Howard (all-star)
Rondo (all-star)



You're sad


But OP isn’t??
Danny1616
Head Coach
Posts: 6,360
And1: 8,472
Joined: May 26, 2007

Re: LeBron has played 8 Superteams in the finals 

Post#73 » by Danny1616 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:14 pm

BigDocta898 wrote:
Danny1616 wrote:
CBS7 wrote:An underrated aspect is how often LeBron played on superteams

2009
Ilgauskas (all star)
Wallace (all star)
Szczerbiak (all star)
Mo Williams (all star)

2010
Ilgauskas (all star)
Shaq (HOF)
Jamison (all star)
Mo Williams (all star)

2011
Juwon Howard (all star)
Ilguaskas (all star)
Bosh (all star)
Wade (HOF)
Stackhouse (all star)

etc


Gonna add to your great list.

2012
Bosh (all-star)
Wade (all-star)
Howard (all-star)

2013
Bosh (all-star)
Wade (all-star)
Howard (all-star)
Allen (all-star)

2014
Bosh (all-star)
Wade (all-star)
Howard (all-star)
Allen (all-star)
Lewis (all-star)

2015
Irving (all-star)
Love (all-star)
Marion (all-star)

2016
Irving (all-star)
Love (all-star)
Mo Williams (all-star)

2017
Irving (all-star)
Love (all-star)
Deron Williams (all-star)

2018
Love (all-star)
Wade (all-star)
Rose (all-star)
Korver (all-star)
Isiah Thomas (all-star)

2019
NO ALL-STAR AND MISSED PLAYOFFS (WHAT A SURPRISE)

2020
Davis (all-star)
Howard (all-star)
Rondo (all-star)



You're sad


Was a satirical post laughing at OP's post in case you didn't realize.

He was listing Kawhi and Manu all-stars when they were not all-stars and also listed Iggy as an all-star during which time he was clearly not an all-star.

I just showed how ridiculous that is.
User avatar
Parataxis
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,819
And1: 1,131
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
Location: Penticton, BC
       

Re: LeBron has played 8 Superteams in the finals 

Post#74 » by Parataxis » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:20 pm

Turns out you can just put any words anywhere you want and still make a post.
User avatar
OdomFan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,960
And1: 4,488
Joined: Jan 07, 2017
Location: Washington DC
       

Re: LeBron has played 8 Superteams in the finals 

Post#75 » by OdomFan » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:23 pm

literally nobody called the Spurs a super team in 2007. They were just an elite playoff squad. Same with the Thunder in 2012, or Spurs in 2013/14. This revisionist logic is not very good OP.
Image
User avatar
OdomFan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,960
And1: 4,488
Joined: Jan 07, 2017
Location: Washington DC
       

Re: LeBron has played 8 Superteams in the finals 

Post#76 » by OdomFan » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:30 pm

A_Biased_Fan wrote:
ChantMVP wrote:Image


Solid chart!

And for those of you complaining the Spurs guys or Kidd are not in their prime. Well neither were Stockton, Magic, Worthy, and Divac (and speaking of Divac, how the hell is he in the HOF?).

Well for one it's because it's not the NBA Hall of Fame. Divac also had a great international career.
Image
A_Biased_Fan
Junior
Posts: 294
And1: 397
Joined: May 23, 2015
   

Re: LeBron has played 8 Superteams in the finals 

Post#77 » by A_Biased_Fan » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:15 pm

OdomFan wrote:
A_Biased_Fan wrote:
ChantMVP wrote:Image


Solid chart!

And for those of you complaining the Spurs guys or Kidd are not in their prime. Well neither were Stockton, Magic, Worthy, and Divac (and speaking of Divac, how the hell is he in the HOF?).

Well for one it's because it's not the NBA Hall of Fame. Divac also had a great international career.


Regardless, his play in the NBA didn't justify a HOF spot relative to other guys who aren't in for international reasons. So for the purposes of this exercise I'm not counting him as a HOF'er. Whoever made that graphic was actually being way too kind to MJ!
User avatar
OdomFan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,960
And1: 4,488
Joined: Jan 07, 2017
Location: Washington DC
       

Re: LeBron has played 8 Superteams in the finals 

Post#78 » by OdomFan » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:18 pm

A_Biased_Fan wrote:
OdomFan wrote:
A_Biased_Fan wrote:
Solid chart!

And for those of you complaining the Spurs guys or Kidd are not in their prime. Well neither were Stockton, Magic, Worthy, and Divac (and speaking of Divac, how the hell is he in the HOF?).

Well for one it's because it's not the NBA Hall of Fame. Divac also had a great international career.


Regardless, his play in the NBA didn't justify a HOF spot relative to other guys who aren't in for international reasons. So for the purposes of this exercise I'm not counting him as a HOF'er. Whoever made that graphic was actually being way too kind to MJ!

Uh huh, well the Hall of Fame isn't designed around what you count and don't count. The fact is Vlade did in fact have that International experience because he was from a different country than America and went on to accomplish great things with a team and individually outside of the US as well as inside of it in the NBA. So yeah, he belongs on this graphic and in the Hall of Fame.

1991 Vlade wasn't able to fill the shoes that Kareem left behind, but he was a damn good young rising star of a center at that time with plenty of potential, and he did his part to help the Lakers get as far as they got that season.
Image
A_Biased_Fan
Junior
Posts: 294
And1: 397
Joined: May 23, 2015
   

Re: LeBron has played 8 Superteams in the finals 

Post#79 » by A_Biased_Fan » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:24 pm

OdomFan wrote:
A_Biased_Fan wrote:
OdomFan wrote:Well for one it's because it's not the NBA Hall of Fame. Divac also had a great international career.


Regardless, his play in the NBA didn't justify a HOF spot relative to other guys who aren't in for international reasons. So for the purposes of this exercise I'm not counting him as a HOF'er. Whoever made that graphic was actually being way too kind to MJ!

Uh huh, well the Hall of Fame isn't designed around what you count and don't count. The fact is Vlade did in fact have that International experience because he was from a different country than America and went on to accomplish great things with a team and individually outside of the US as well as inside of it in the NBA. So yeah, he belongs on this graphic and in the Hall of Fame.

1991 Vlade wasn't able to fill the shoes that Kareem left behind, but he was a damn good young rising star of a center at that time with plenty of potential, and he did his part to help the Lakers get as far as they got that season.


Dude literally had one all star appearance his entire NBA career, maxed out at 16 PPG, only one year over 20 PER. He's the definition of being eligible for a Hall of Very Good, if that, and not a Hall of Fame.
User avatar
OdomFan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,960
And1: 4,488
Joined: Jan 07, 2017
Location: Washington DC
       

Re: LeBron has played 8 Superteams in the finals 

Post#80 » by OdomFan » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:33 pm

A_Biased_Fan wrote:
OdomFan wrote:
A_Biased_Fan wrote:
Regardless, his play in the NBA didn't justify a HOF spot relative to other guys who aren't in for international reasons. So for the purposes of this exercise I'm not counting him as a HOF'er. Whoever made that graphic was actually being way too kind to MJ!

Uh huh, well the Hall of Fame isn't designed around what you count and don't count. The fact is Vlade did in fact have that International experience because he was from a different country than America and went on to accomplish great things with a team and individually outside of the US as well as inside of it in the NBA. So yeah, he belongs on this graphic and in the Hall of Fame.

1991 Vlade wasn't able to fill the shoes that Kareem left behind, but he was a damn good young rising star of a center at that time with plenty of potential, and he did his part to help the Lakers get as far as they got that season.


Dude literally had one all star appearance his entire NBA career, maxed out at 16 PPG, only one year over 20 PER. He's the definition of being eligible for a Hall of Very Good, if that, and not a Hall of Fame.

Again it's not the NBA Hall of Fame and he does belong because again. The International experience. You may not like that it counts but it counts regardless. He belongs. There's more to Basketball than PPG.

Image
Image

Return to The General Board