The Raptors will begin the 2020-21 season in Tampa, Masai Ujiri says in a statement.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,892

Re: Raptors Most Likely To Play 20-21 Season In Tampa Bay 

Post#61 » by Jabroni Lames » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:16 pm

Paradise wrote:As I suspected, the Wizards would replace them in the Atlantic Division.

Read on Twitter

This makes way too much sense. How is the league going to screw it up?
Hungry
Sophomore
And1: 232

Post#62 » by Hungry » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:25 pm

Jabroni Lames wrote:
Paradise wrote:As I suspected, the Wizards would replace them in the Atlantic Division.

Read on Twitter

With the schedule set as playing each conference opponent 3 times regardless of division there's no need to do this
DarkAzcura
General Manager
And1: 7,150

Post#63 » by DarkAzcura » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:27 pm

Jabroni Lames wrote:

Read on Twitter

It actually doesn’t seem too matter much if you are going to play every team in conference 3 times anyway.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Re: The Raptors will begin the 2020-21 season in Tampa, Masai Ujiri says in a statement. 

Post#64 » by Ballerhogger » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:37 pm

If the raptors did win would the championship stay in Tampa?
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,450

Re: The Raptors will begin the 2020-21 season in Tampa, Masai Ujiri says in a statement. 

Post#65 » by Ramed Nazored » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:45 pm

From a beautiful, pluralistic, cosmopolitan metropolis to a rightwing hellhole run by the functionary of a death cult.

Not liking this at all. Who cares about the weather. I really feel for our guys and their families, especially the rooks. They're going to miss out on the specialness of our city.
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#66 » by Danny1616 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:53 pm

Ramed Nazored wrote:From a beautiful, pluralistic, cosmopolitan metropolis to a rightwing hellhole run by the functionary of a death cult.

Not liking this at all. Who cares about the weather. I really feel for our guys and their families, especially the rooks. They're going to miss out on the specialness of our city.

I agree, but it's not like you can do much in any big metropolis right, especially during a Covid wave in winter.

I think players would rather be in warm weather playing golf than stuck in a house all day where they can't really do much because of Covid restrictions.
tradejosehesux
Starter
And1: 3,858

Post#67 » by tradejosehesux » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:55 pm

basketballRob wrote:They'll be in 3rd place next season.

In the state of Florida.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

Sit your Disney ass down, Micky
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach

Post#68 » by Ramed Nazored » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:57 pm

Danny1616 wrote:
Ramed Nazored wrote:From a beautiful, pluralistic, cosmopolitan metropolis to a rightwing hellhole run by the functionary of a death cult.

I agree, but it's not like you can do much in any big metropolis right, especially during a Covid wave in winter.

I think players would rather be in warm weather playing golf than stuck in a house all day where they can't really do much because of Covid restrictions.

Yeah. I'm just heated. :(
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,832

Post#69 » by nikster » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:57 pm

Danny1616 wrote:

Yeah Toronto is likely moving into lockdown soon, will have series restrictions probably through most of winter
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,949

Post#70 » by thebigbird » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:00 pm

Have you ever even been to Tampa?
GBBucks
Rookie
And1: 710

Post#71 » by GBBucks » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:01 pm

Hillsborough County went for Hillary in 2016 and Biden in 2020, but hey, don’t let the facts get in the way.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,945

Post#72 » by stillgotgame » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:01 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:If the raptors did win would the championship stay in Tampa?

What if they win a championship and they want to stay in Tampa? Where would you want to be all winter?
Read on Twitter
?s=20
JimmyTheGreek
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,051

Post#73 » by JimmyTheGreek » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:02 pm

How much help does Brady need? :lol: :lol:
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach

Post#74 » by Ramed Nazored » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:06 pm

GBBucks wrote:

Hillsborough County went for Hillary in 2016 and Biden in 2020, but hey, don’t let the facts get in the way.

Did they? Good. Makes it slightly more palatable. Does little to change my opinion of the state though.
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach

Post#75 » by Ramed Nazored » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:07 pm

thebigbird wrote:

I have. And there's not a chance in hell, unless compelled to (as the raptors currently are), that I'd choose to live there over Toronto.
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,949

Post#76 » by thebigbird » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:09 pm

Ramed Nazored wrote:
thebigbird wrote:

I have. And there's not a chance in hell, unless compelled to (as the raptors currently are), that I'd choose to live there over Toronto.

Then it's a good thing that you're not being forced to move to Tampa. There are worse places to spend a winter than Tampa. I think the players will be ok.
The4thHorseman
General Manager
And1: 4,510

Post#77 » by The4thHorseman » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:11 pm

:lol: ...... :crazy:
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach

Post#78 » by Ramed Nazored » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:13 pm

thebigbird wrote:
Ramed Nazored wrote:
thebigbird wrote:Have you ever even been to Tampa?

Then it's a good thing that you're not being forced to move to Tampa. There are worse places to spend a winter than Tampa. I think the players will be ok.

Indeed it is. I guess I should just be happy we get basketball at all this year.
Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,892

Post#79 » by Jabroni Lames » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:18 pm

Ramed Nazored wrote:
thebigbird wrote:

Meanwhile, half of Canada spends their winters in Florida to get away from the cold. I'm sure the Raptor players are absolutely loving this turn of events, though they won't admit it publicly to make Toronto fans feel bad about their cold weather insecurity. Especially after Kawhi left.

ICYMI - FVV was totally on board with the team playing out of Tampa, on JJ Redick's pod. No need to feel sorry for these guys. They feel sorry for you. lol.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#80 » by EArl » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:28 pm

thebigbird wrote:

Ive been to both. Toronto is better imo. All Tampa has is retired old conservatives. Not my cup of tea, but I can see the appeal for different groups.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;

Return to The General Board