***Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread***

Moderators: zimpy27, KingDavid, jamaalstar21, infinite11285, BombsquadSammy, ken6199, Domejandro, bwgood77, Dirk

TheProfessor
Starter
Posts: 2,059
And1: 803
Joined: May 01, 2010

Re: Like I Said, This New Knicks Regime Got It Right 

Post#881 » by TheProfessor » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:55 am

Yeah Obi and Ball were my biggest red flag players, No defense bigs don't fly in 2020.

But the switching Picks was a great move I guess.
User avatar
Bologna Smasher
Veteran
Posts: 2,502
And1: 3,150
Joined: Feb 08, 2007
 

Re: ***Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread*** 

Post#882 » by Bologna Smasher » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:57 am

Grizzlies got a nice pickup with Tillman. He's the closest thing to a Draymond-type player. I didn't want the Kings to trade him. 8-)
User avatar
GREY 1769
Forum Mod - Spurs
Forum Mod - Spurs
Posts: 18,883
And1: 16,807
Joined: Mar 17, 2010
Location: Silver and Black; Blue and White
   

Re: ***Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread*** 

Post#883 » by GREY 1769 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:59 am

Another quality selection with Cassius Winston. Certainly will play higher in the NBA than his pick number. Happy for him. A winner.
ImageImageImageImage
The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
User avatar
Han Solo
General Manager
Posts: 8,847
And1: 5,979
Joined: Jan 07, 2011
Contact:
     

Re: ***Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread*** 

Post#884 » by Han Solo » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:01 am

My Pistons had a good night. Forgot what it was like to have a “real GM”..
User avatar
GREY 1769
Forum Mod - Spurs
Forum Mod - Spurs
Posts: 18,883
And1: 16,807
Joined: Mar 17, 2010
Location: Silver and Black; Blue and White
   

Re: ***Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread*** 

Post#885 » by GREY 1769 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:01 am

Also, a little late but welcome to the Spurs, Tre Jones!

Read on Twitter


:clap: :clap: :clap:

De - fense! :clap: :clap:
ImageImageImageImage
The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 41,993
And1: 3,272
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: ***Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread*** 

Post#886 » by HMFFL » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:03 am

Any idea who the first senior selected in this draft was?

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Spens1
RealGM
Posts: 13,503
And1: 3,698
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
     

Re: ***Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread*** 

Post#887 » by Spens1 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:04 am

The nets just drafted a bonafide scrubb.

Sent from my CPH1877 using RealGM mobile app
Dan Z
General Manager
Posts: 8,489
And1: 3,306
Joined: Feb 19, 2002
Location: Chicago
 

Re: ***Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread*** 

Post#888 » by Dan Z » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:12 am

GREY 1769 wrote:Another quality selection with Cassius Winston. Certainly will play higher in the NBA than his pick number. Happy for him. A winner.


I wanted the Bulls to take him and think he'll do well on the Wizards.

Read on Twitter
User avatar
HerroBalls
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,847
And1: 11,929
Joined: Jul 02, 2015
       

Re: ***Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread*** 

Post#889 » by HerroBalls » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:13 am

weird that the Hornets took 2 PG's, no?
Read on Twitter
Spens1
RealGM
Posts: 13,503
And1: 3,698
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
     

Re: ***Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread*** 

Post#890 » by Spens1 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:13 am

How many ads is this trash network going to show FFS.

Seriously they went back for one minute and now their will be 5 minutes of ads.

Sent from my CPH1877 using RealGM mobile app
Mr B
Head Coach
Posts: 6,641
And1: 1,515
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: ***Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread*** 

Post#891 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:14 am

Soulyss wrote:
oldshoolballer wrote:Josh Green fits in nicely very smart athletic wing good pick by Mavs


There were rumors out there about him being a pretty terrible interview, it will be interesting to see how he fits with the Mav coaching staff. Carlisle will suffer no fools.

Dallas radio was saying that before the draft he was asked who he would like to see draft him and he mentioned the Mavs. He likes the international flavor of the team and thought he would fit in best there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Bologna Smasher
Veteran
Posts: 2,502
And1: 3,150
Joined: Feb 08, 2007
 

Re: ***Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread*** 

Post#892 » by Bologna Smasher » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:18 am

The final pick of the 2020 draft is older than Ben Simmons. :D
brutalitops
Analyst
Posts: 3,033
And1: 3,564
Joined: Feb 20, 2014
Location: Perth, Australia
     

Re: Like I Said, This New Knicks Regime Got It Right 

Post#893 » by brutalitops » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:32 am

I think Obi is a huge what if.

They did ok later draft picks. I think they really didn't balls up anything.
Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 23,438
And1: 39,016
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: ***Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread*** 

Post#894 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:41 am

GREY 1769 wrote:Also, a little late but welcome to the Spurs, Tre Jones!

Read on Twitter


:clap: :clap: :clap:

De - fense! :clap: :clap:

Thats my boy you guys got there. Take real good care of that kid. The Jones family are royalty for Dukies.

No better place for Tre to land than with the Spurs. Pop is going to love his defense and his IQ on both ends. Get him with a good shooting coach and you got yourselves a nice steal there. He wont ever be an all star or anything, but him with a consistent 3pt shot, he could be a real nice starting PG.
User avatar
RookieStar
General Manager
Posts: 8,927
And1: 1,654
Joined: Jul 01, 2009
 

Re: ***Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread*** 

Post#895 » by RookieStar » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:52 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
GREY 1769 wrote:Also, a little late but welcome to the Spurs, Tre Jones!

Read on Twitter


:clap: :clap: :clap:

De - fense! :clap: :clap:

Thats my boy you guys got there. Take real good care of that kid. The Jones family are royalty for Dukies.

No better place for Tre to land than with the Spurs. Pop is going to love his defense and his IQ on both ends. Get him with a good shooting coach and you got yourselves a nice steal there. He wont ever be an all star or anything, but him with a consistent 3pt shot, he could be a real nice starting PG.


Royalty for Dukies? What happened with the Plumlees?
Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 23,438
And1: 39,016
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: ***Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread*** 

Post#896 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:57 am

RookieStar wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
GREY 1769 wrote:Also, a little late but welcome to the Spurs, Tre Jones!

Read on Twitter


:clap: :clap: :clap:

De - fense! :clap: :clap:

Thats my boy you guys got there. Take real good care of that kid. The Jones family are royalty for Dukies.

No better place for Tre to land than with the Spurs. Pop is going to love his defense and his IQ on both ends. Get him with a good shooting coach and you got yourselves a nice steal there. He wont ever be an all star or anything, but him with a consistent 3pt shot, he could be a real nice starting PG.


Royalty for Dukies? What happened with the Plumlees?

The Plumlees are the jesters haha. Great family but Mason is the only one that didnt make you want to rip out your hair the majority of the time they were there. And none of them had the impact that Tyus had and Tre came pretty damn close, but we got Tre for 2 years.
User avatar
_qubik
Junior
Posts: 385
And1: 193
Joined: Sep 21, 2020
   

Re: Like I Said, This New Knicks Regime Got It Right 

Post#897 » by _qubik » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:12 am

Common, this draft is thrash, I see the Obi pick as a nice gamble, only guy after him I would pick is Tyrese Haliburton, but he is more of a complementary guard, Knicks need one hit to kickstart the rebuild, they missed a lot on recent drafts, they dont need a do it all players that complement. Even a empty stats player will do. This age **** in NBA is ridiculous, 22year guy is by no means "old", the guy has potential, he can improve his flaws, and will have a lot of reps to do it.
Alfred
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
Posts: 24,131
And1: 20,380
Joined: Jul 08, 2006
 

Re: Like I Said, This New Knicks Regime Got It Right 

Post#898 » by Alfred » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:22 am

Obi Toppin gives me Derrick Williams vibes.
Image
illuminati666
Starter
Posts: 2,310
And1: 3,560
Joined: Sep 28, 2014
 

Re: Like I Said, This New Knicks Regime Got It Right 

Post#899 » by illuminati666 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:27 am

Deni Avdija and Haliburton on the board... and they picked Obi Toppin, not a good pick. He's 22 and not a good defender, how many times have we seen players like that not live up to their potential. The other two have higher ceilings, and Haliburton seemed like an easy fit for them. And then I don't know too much about Quickley but it seems like they reached for him too when there was better players still available at 23 like Desmond Bane, or Tyrell Terry

Not a good showing for the Knicks imo
User avatar
KingDavid
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 25,550
And1: 29,930
Joined: Sep 04, 2013
       

Re: Like I Said, This New Knicks Regime Got It Right 

Post#900 » by KingDavid » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:33 am

Merging with the existing draft thread that's stickied on top of the page...
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.

Return to The General Board