Lakers...Deepest Team in the League Now?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

docholliday99
Sixth Man
And1: 905

Re: Lakers...Deepest Team in the League Now? 

Post#101 » by docholliday99 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:10 pm

Lakers ARE deep and now a very balanced team..especially as they will probably resign Morris and bring back DMC - they are still the team to beat imho

Schroder, Caruso
KCP, Matthews
Lebron, Morris
AD, Kuz
Harrell, DMC, McGee

Of course, don't discount the Clippers

Beverly, Lou
PG, Kennard
Leonard,
Morris, Patterson
Zubac, Ibaka

And the Nets might rival the Lakers if they stay healthy (I'm kinda feeling it will be a Lakers/Nets final this coming season)

Irving, Dinwiddie
LaVert, Shammet
KD, Harris
Prince, Green
Allen, Jordan

And knocking on the door are the Mavs, Nuggs, Blazers, Mil, Heat, Pacers, Celtics and the Warriors (they would be tops if not for Klay). Have to wait and see how the Buck's finish off their roster.

The West is going to be a blood bath lol
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#102 » by LakersSoul » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:44 am

Pelinka just toying with the NBA.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#103 » by TheNewEra » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:47 am

The Nets
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,130

Post#104 » by levon » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:50 am

docholliday99 wrote:Lakers ARE deep and now a very balanced team..especially as they will probably resign Morris and bring back DMC - they are still the team to beat imho

Schroder, Caruso
KCP, Matthews
Lebron, Morris
AD, Kuz
Harrell, DMC, McGee

Of course, don't discount the Clippers

Beverly, Lou
PG, Kennard
Leonard,
Morris, Patterson
Zubac, Ibaka

And the Nets might rival the Lakers if they stay healthy (I'm kinda feeling it will be a Lakers/Nets final this coming season)

Irving, Dinwiddie
LaVert, Shammet
KD, Harris
Prince, Green
Allen, Jordan

And knocking on the door are the Mavs, Nuggs, Blazers, Mil, Heat, Pacers, Celtics and the Warriors (they would be tops if not for Klay). Have to wait and see how the Buck's finish off their roster.

The West is going to be a blood bath lol

Every year I hear that the West is going to be a blood bath but I never really see a blood bath. I think we really overhype the West. In aggregate it's better than the East, but the cream of the crop is usually better than everyone else at the same degree as in the East.

It used to be a bloodbath 10 years ago when the 8th seed Thunder needed like 48 wins or something. Thunder Lakers first round. Now it's whatever. Houston, OKC, SA might all drop off too.
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,019

Post#105 » by JN61 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:51 am

As the saying goes: LeBron needs all the help to win.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,130

Post#106 » by levon » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:53 am

JN61 wrote:As the saying goes: LeBron needs all the help to win.

If we removed you and posters like you from the forum, I bet the quality of basketball discussion would go up. Which is a shame because you'd all have great basketball takes if you stopped occupying your brain with Lebron jealousy.
ReddoverKobe
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,888

Post#107 » by ReddoverKobe » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:57 am

antonaki1 wrote:Yes easily, typical Lebron and his bought teams. If he stayed long enough to win the organic way he would get a lot more respect from the league fan base.

Maybe the worst take of all time. The idea of sports is to put the best team that you can on the floor anyway you can.

By the way, look at the **** that is the bucks front office, the team I root for and tell me again how what lebron is doing is the wrong thing to do.
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,769

Post#108 » by Marrrcuss » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:17 am

levon wrote:
JN61 wrote:As the saying goes: LeBron needs all the help to win.

If we removed you and posters like you from the forum, I bet the quality of basketball discussion would go up. Which is a shame because you'd all have great basketball takes if you stopped occupying your brain with Lebron jealousy.

This.
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,956

Post#109 » by Liam_Gallagher » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:37 am

G - James [35]/Shroeder [32]
G - Caldwell-Pope [28]/Caruso [23]
F - Matthews [20]/Horton-Tucker
F - Davis [37]/Kuzma [19]
C - Gasol [18]/Harrell [28]

Shreoder will play the Rondo role of last year except with more minutes. Kuzma will have to play almost half of his minutes at the 3.

End of game lineup: Shroeder, Caruso, Caldwell-Pope, James, Davis
markjay
Starter
And1: 1,610

Post#110 » by markjay » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:21 pm

So, now that the team is largely filled out, let's take another look. Here is their 2-deep roster

Gasol/Harrell
Davis/Morris
LeBron/Kuzma
Caldwell-Pope/Matthews
Schroder/Caruso

What do you think?
anarchy24
Pro Prospect
And1: 230

Post#111 » by anarchy24 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:38 pm

I think the Lakers lineup will something be like:

KCP
Matthews
Lebron
AD
Gasol

Schröder
Harrell
Caruso
Kuz
Morris

With THT getting playing time as well.
LBC SoCal
Junior
And1: 417

Post#112 » by LBC SoCal » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:28 pm

NPZ wrote:
LakersSoul wrote:The rest of the league have been put on notice.

Even before the 1st game of the preseason this time.

They’ve been put on notice? Damn :lol:

I was hoping we’d go under the radar like last time and embarrass all the haters, it was entertaining. It’s not as fun when all the haters get an advanced notice.
11 titles won in LA in the modern era, while y’all living on “success” from 2 generations ago :lol:
LBC SoCal
Junior
And1: 417

Post#113 » by LBC SoCal » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:30 pm

Dear General Board, nothing to see here....keep your Laker hate going. Don’t worry, we’ll try to resist from bumping any hate threads, it’s not as though we find those funny or anything :lol:
11 titles won in LA in the modern era, while y’all living on “success” from 2 generations ago :lol:
Pelly24
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,468

Post#114 » by Pelly24 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:43 am

I wanted to keep Dwight, but this feels like the most complete team LeBron has ever had, even looking back to Miami. It's a team that should be able to win games whether LeBron or AD decide to sit out.
toodarkmark
Sophomore
And1: 486

Post#115 » by toodarkmark » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:04 am

It's amazing how well they were put together.

I think they sign another big for depth. I just imagine Pau Gasol would be perfect, since he is so close to the Bryants, and can cheer the team and his brother on, and give some spot minutes at center. Dudley Bradley will be back as well.
SecondTake
Veteran
And1: 1,493

Post#116 » by SecondTake » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:12 am

ReddoverKobe wrote:
antonaki1 wrote:Yes easily, typical Lebron and his bought teams. If he stayed long enough to win the organic way he would get a lot more respect from the league fan base.

Maybe the worst take of all time. The idea of sports is to put the best team that you can on the floor anyway you can.

By the way, look at the **** that is the bucks front office, the team I root for and tell me again how what lebron is doing is the wrong thing to do.

Then why did Jordan never try getting superstars and refused to leave the Bulls to create superteams? He wanted a hard road and he wanted to prove that he could win it all with little to no help, which he did. He dismantled superteams, he didn't create them- Pistons, Lakers, Utah. That's competitive drive. trying to create a super team to win easy rings proves a lack of competitive drive and doesnt serve the sport.
xinxin
Sixth Man
And1: 1,371

Post#117 » by xinxin » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:20 am

Honestly, I don’t care what’s driving Lebron to keep surrounding himself with talent or the need for the teams he’s been with to give in to his whims (assuming those are true), as long as his current team, the Lakers, gets closer to ring 18, I’m all for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,168

Post#118 » by mademan » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:26 am

SecondTake wrote:
ReddoverKobe wrote:

Then why did Jordan never try getting superstars and refused to leave the Bulls to create superteams? He wanted a hard road and he wanted to prove that he could win it all with little to no help, which he did. He dismantled superteams, he didn't create them- Pistons, Lakers, Utah. That's competitive drive. trying to create a super team to win easy rings proves a lack of competitive drive and doesnt serve the sport.

easy to say when the front office gives you a great team
6ers83
Senior
And1: 195

Post#119 » by 6ers83 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:29 am

But LB is a year older

Father Time is undefeated
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#120 » by JordansBulls » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:05 am

Last year AD and Lebron were like Lebron and Wade in 2011. I wonder now does AD take the Lebron for sure as Lebron in 2012 and Lebron takes the Wade role in 2012.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan

Return to The General Board