Hawks in lead to land Bogdan; Lakers in pursuit

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Re: Hawks in lead to land Bogdan; Lakers in pursuit 

Post#201 » by HMFFL » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:12 am

Sactowndog wrote:
levon wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
Bogi is in Serbia. My son is in Croatia playing Water Polo. I can guarantee he is asleep as we chat. But knowing how much Bogi wants to win, I can guarantee he is willing to go to Indiana.

So he doesn't want to win anything? I think Atlanta is actually a way more intriguing situation than Indiana, with the same payday.

Do you think we get a decision within the next day or so, or that this will stall?

Again I don’t have inside data but if it’s stalled it’s because Bogi is sleeping. Indiana is certainly a good team who can win. I don’t think Atlanta is out of it but Indiana is a more credible threat than LA. Turner is a good fit with Bagley. The Kings would not hesitate to sign and trade with Bogi versus Turner.

Would they prefer a SF from Atlanta? Most likely but I don’t know what Bogi would prefer. Atlanta may have F’d with this too long.
It's rather simple what's going on. The Kings have been given a list of teams and are contacting all for the best offer. Atlanta might be hesitant to give up any future first because they intend to eventually pursue Giannis Antetokounmpo and future first will more than likely need to be involved.

I respect Indiana's owner as they spend money and truly do want to win. So, does Atlanta's, and their owner told management to make some bold moves, and we're seeing that this off-season.

Ultimately, I believe it comes down to the best offer, as long as the team.is on Bogi's list.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,706

Post#202 » by Sactowndog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:42 am

HMFFL wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
levon wrote:So he doesn't want to win anything? I think Atlanta is actually a way more intriguing situation than Indiana, with the same payday.

Do you think we get a decision within the next day or so, or that this will stall?

Again I don’t have inside data but if it’s stalled it’s because Bogi is sleeping. Indiana is certainly a good team who can win. I don’t think Atlanta is out of it but Indiana is a more credible threat than LA. Turner is a good fit with Bagley. The Kings would not hesitate to sign and trade with Bogi versus Turner.

Would they prefer a SF from Atlanta? Most likely but I don’t know what Bogi would prefer. Atlanta may have F’d with this too long.
It's rather simple what's going on. The Kings have been given a list of teams and are contacting all for the best offer. Atlanta might be hesitant to give up any future first because they intend to eventually pursue Giannis Antetokounmpo and future first will more than likely need to be involved.

I respect Indiana's owner as they spend money and truly do want to win. So, does Atlanta's, and their owner told management to make some bold moves, and we're seeing that this off-season.

Ultimately, I believe it comes down to the best offer, as long as the team.is on Bogi's list.

I don’t think the Kings are looking for a future first. I think they want one of Huerter/Hunter/Reddish. They may also be asking for the OKC 1st which will become two 2nds.

I think Schlenk got greedy and tried to f the Kings. It’s why the Hawks have been consistent lottery participants. The Kings dumped Vlade and appear to have a real GM.
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,130

Post#203 » by levon » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:44 am

I don't get why the Hawks have to send anything. Can't they just overpay by a few mil and force the Kings to match?
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,706

Post#204 » by Sactowndog » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:49 am

levon wrote:I don't get why the Hawks have to send anything. Can't they just overpay by a few mil and force the Kings to match?

again Schlenk got greedy and F’d it up. Had they offered 25M then probably yes. But at 18-20M the Kings can easily construct a deal with Indiana.

Feeling good about our GM. If I’m Atlanta not so much.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,238

Post#205 » by BadWolf » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:04 am

If winning is a deciding factor then he'll end in LA or Milwaukee, right?
sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 616

Post#206 » by sackings916 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:35 am

Per sac reporter Indiana is not willing to trade Turner for Bogi. Wonder what their offer could possibly be if no Turner. 1st round pick, McDermott and Lamb? Oladipo?
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,629

Post#207 » by kg01 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:59 am

Sactowndog wrote:
HMFFL wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

I don’t think the Kings are looking for a future first. I think they want one of Huerter/Hunter/Reddish. They may also be asking for the OKC 1st which will become two 2nds.

I think Schlenk got greedy and tried to f the Kings. It’s why the Hawks have been consistent lottery participants. The Kings dumped Vlade and appear to have a real GM.

You're making some major assumptions in suggesting Schlenk got greedy or whatever. It seems the delay in the process, if you want to say there is a delay, is simply that it's a process.

The two teams likely want to discuss fair compensation to the kings, assuming the guy actually wants to come. That it hasn't been settled immediately isn't some indication one team tried to "screw" the other.

Furthermore, if SAC "demanded" one of the Hawks' wings, then it's the Kings who are being greedy.
king01 :king:
xinxin
Sixth Man
And1: 1,371

Post#208 » by xinxin » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:25 am

Lakers need a rim protector to back up AD & McGee

Not a shooter with questionable defense .

Lakers key to winning last season was its defense. Can’t lose that identity now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
big-shot-ROB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,638

Post#209 » by big-shot-ROB » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:05 pm

Maybe BOS can swop in with a 20$M TPE generated by the S&T from Hayward?
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,917

Post#210 » by jayu70 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:32 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
HMFFL wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

....again Schlenk got greedy and F’d it up. Had they offered 25M then probably yes. But at 18-20M the Kings can easily construct a deal with Indiana.

Feeling good about our GM. If I’m Atlanta not so much.

What? Lol
Your GM got caught making an illegal trade with the Bucks and by doing so set the value of Bogdon with the best asset being DDV.
He's the one being greedy if he thinks he's gonna get Myles Turner in a straight swap after being prepared to accept DDV.
GotDaSauce
RealGM
And1: 9,631

Post#211 » by GotDaSauce » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:40 pm

BadWolf wrote:If winning is a deciding factor then he'll end in LA or Milwaukee, right?

Back to back 2nd round exit Milwaukee?? He'd be better off in Toronto, Miami or Boston.
raleigh
Head Coach
And1: 505

Post#212 » by raleigh » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:47 pm

lazybatman wrote:
raleigh wrote:I think people are forgetting the flexibility that TPE would offer the Kings.

Explain please

If he is traded under normal rules, the Kings have to take back at least 80% of his salary. That likely means taking back a contract they don't actually want (e.g., Ilyasova).

A trade with the Hawks (because they're under the cap) means they don't have to take back anything. And, as a result, a trade exception is created that gives them a year to trade for a player(s) who makes the same or less than Bogdan will. The Warriors just did this with Oubre.
BadWolf
General Manager

Post#213 » by BadWolf » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:20 pm

GotDaSauce wrote:
BadWolf wrote:If winning is a deciding factor then he'll end in LA or Milwaukee, right?

Back to back 2nd round exit Milwaukee?? He'd be better off in Toronto, Miami or Boston.

Those teams aren't pursuing him though.
Yeggo Poleggo
Rookie
And1: 1,244

Post#214 » by Yeggo Poleggo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:02 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
Optms wrote:lol If he ends on the Lakers, I officially would dare anyone to find me a better GM then Pelinka.

Chill dude... having Lebron and AD fall in your lap does not make you a good GM lol.

AD fell into our lap?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
World's biggest Kobe Bryant fan.

levon wrote:this board: "THT's negative value"

this board after he's traded: "I like THT, and he's so young! stupid Lakers let another one go"

literally every Lakers young player in the last 7 years
BadWolf
General Manager

Post#215 » by BadWolf » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:06 pm

Yeggo Poleggo wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Optms wrote:lol If he ends on the Lakers, I officially would dare anyone to find me a better GM then Pelinka.

Chill dude... having Lebron and AD fall in your lap does not make you a good GM lol.

AD fell into our lap?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, there was a lot of tampering, from Lebron,Magic, other Lakers legends and probably Pelinka too. Then he fell into your lap.
WuriderX
Junior
And1: 403

Post#216 » by WuriderX » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:48 pm

sackings916 wrote:Per sac reporter Indiana is not willing to trade Turner for Bogi. Wonder what their offer could possibly be if no Turner. 1st round pick, McDermott and Lamb? Oladipo?

Not sure about Oladipo since they have Buddy Hield already.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#217 » by jason bourne » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:08 pm

levon wrote:Bogi also has to agree to Indiana. Curious how long this stays in a holding pattern.

The Kings have to match the deal first. That's the rub. One of the Kings fans here codydaze did not even recognize that option. Then Bogi would have to negotiate with the Kings to whichever team he wants to go to. It could mean the Kings get stuck with him. I'm not sure how much they can offer tho.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
jk31
Rookie
And1: 666

Post#218 » by jk31 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:38 pm

In-N-Out 247 wrote:
jk31 wrote:Can someone explain why the bucks are not in the run anymore? I mean it's not for Bogdanovic to decide, where he ends up, right? Only thing important is that his new salary makes the trade valid.

Bogdan absolutely has a say in where he signs. The Kings have a lot of leverage, but they can’t send him somewhere without his approval. As a restricted free agent he basically has 3 options. He can try to work out a s&t, sign with another team (which the Kings could match) or just re-sign with the Kings.

He has no say at all in where he signs?! If he signs with a new team, Kings can match and trade him. If he signs with the Kings, they can trade him. If he takes the qualifying offer I think it includes a no-trade clause? That would be the only way where the Kings won't have a say in where he ends up.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,767

Post#219 » by HotelVitale » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:58 pm

Yeggo Poleggo wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
AD fell into our lap?lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was worse than that—he actively demanded to only go to your team, so he actually did most of the work to get there. All the Lakers has to do was keep making offers until the Pelicans finally accepted one.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,767

Post#220 » by HotelVitale » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:04 pm

jk31 wrote:
In-N-Out 247 wrote:
jk31 wrote:Can someone explain why the bucks are not in the run anymore? I mean it's not for Bogdanovic to decide, where he ends up, right? Only thing important is that his new salary makes the trade valid.

Bogdan absolutely has a say in where he signs. The Kings have a lot of leverage, but they can’t send him somewhere without his approval. As a restricted free agent he basically has 3 options. He can try to work out a s&t, sign with another team (which the Kings could match) or just re-sign with the Kings.

He has no say at all in where he signs?! If he signs with a new team, Kings can match and trade him. If he signs with the Kings, they can trade him. If he takes the qualifying offer I think it includes a no-trade clause? That would be the only way where the Kings won't have a say in where he ends up.

That’s never happened before and it’s not going to happen here. Everyone has to be good with a S&T for it to work, both teams and the player. The Kings don’t have the leverage of a usual trade discussion, they can only really negotiate with a couple teams that Bogs likes and those teams will set the price among themselves.

Also the Kings can’t trade him for a long time if they match his RFA offer, CBA rules designed to prevent this exact thing.

Return to The General Board