Denver Nuggets Front Office 2014-2020

Moderators: zimpy27, KingDavid, jamaalstar21, infinite11285, BombsquadSammy, ken6199, Domejandro, bwgood77, Dirk

The_Hater
RealGM
And1: 31,710

Re: Denver Nuggets Front Office 2014-2020 

Post#21 » by The_Hater » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:07 am

The Rebel wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
Johnny Tomala wrote:Nuggets are worse than last year after day 1 of FA. Grant will be missed, Plumlee was important piece of the bench too.

Plumlee can be easily replaced for far cheaper. The bigger problem is Grant, who was a good fit, and possibly Millsap.

Plumlee is a good backup Center, until the playoffs start, than you wonder how he is even getting minutes on an NBA team.

Grant may be the most overrated free agent this year. Go look at his actual stats and advanced stats, he is not some world beater, he is basically an above average defender and a good spot up shooter that had a couple of hot games in the playoffs. Green is actually a better player than Grant, but the issue is that Green cannot exactly switch onto a lot of SFs in the league, and our only small forwards are MPJ and Cancar, with Cancar getting limited playing time last year.

Millsap is being brought back, him and Green with Bol are a solid enough rotation at PF, so now it depends heavily on what we get at backup Center.

I absolutely agree that Grant is overrated, and he’s now grossly overpaid and going to be given an offensive role he can’t handle, but he still fit in well with a Nuggets team that needed his length and defensive versatility. I’m not saying rather Nuggets should have signed him at all costs, just that they will miss what he brings.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,391

Post#22 » by The Rebel » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:19 am

The_Hater wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
Plumlee can be easily replaced for far cheaper. The bigger problem is Grant, who was a good fit, and possibly Millsap.

Plumlee is a good backup Center, until the playoffs start, than you wonder how he is even getting minutes on an NBA team.

Grant may be the most overrated free agent this year. Go look at his actual stats and advanced stats, he is not some world beater, he is basically an above average defender and a good spot up shooter that had a couple of hot games in the playoffs. Green is actually a better player than Grant, but the issue is that Green cannot exactly switch onto a lot of SFs in the league, and our only small forwards are MPJ and Cancar, with Cancar getting limited playing time last year.

Millsap is being brought back, him and Green with Bol are a solid enough rotation at PF, so now it depends heavily on what we get at backup Center.

I absolutely agree that Grant is overrated, and he’s now grossly overpaid and going to be given an offensive role he can’t handle, but he still fit in well with a Nuggets team that needed his length and defensive versatility. I’m not saying rather Nuggets should have signed him at all costs, just that they will miss what he brings.

I don't think they will miss him near as much as you and many others seem to think. For all the hype Grant, Craig, and Plumlee get for being defenders, our bench was pretty damn bad defensively. Green is an upgrade, and it is pretty clear when you look at their stats and actually watch both play. To top it off Grant and Craig were actually both huge net negative players with Jokic which is actually really hard to do considering the only other net negative player with Jokic I can remember was Trey Lyles over the last 3 years.

Most Nuggets fans accepted Grant would be back because the front office has said they were bringing him back for the last year, but I am actually happy with Green and letting Bol, Nnaji, and Cancar compete for any extra minutes.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 8,351

Post#23 » by Optimus_Steel » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:52 pm

Nuggets are in great shape. They still have their core and a couple of young guys on their bench that will be fighting for bigger roles.
aka: prorl

Return to The General Board