Tristan Thompson to Celtics

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Re: Tristan Thompson to Celtics 

Post#81 » by FlatearthZorro » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:00 pm

Honestly, I would've preferred Baynes, but I'll wait and see how he performs before I judge the signing.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 20,875

Post#82 » by AussieCeltic » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:37 pm

Triple7 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
He won’t start. Theis can’t rebound but being able to knock down a jump shot will keep him in the starters role.

paid too much for TT then imo hes been a starter his entire career

He will start definitely. Theis is a good bench player, and he should come off the bench.

I’ll put money that Theis is still the starting. TT has been brought in as a backup.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
israelfirst
Senior
And1: 1,034

Post#83 » by israelfirst » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:50 pm

great pickup for the celtics. what does their current team look like?
LastNameEver
General Manager
And1: 9,498

Post#84 » by LastNameEver » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:09 pm

Its a good fit, they have 3 volume scorers. TT can get the O boards
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#85 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:26 pm

kenwood3333 wrote:A little surprised, I thought Thompson was going to LA due to his relationship with LeBron/Klutch, as well as for the (Kardashian) lifestyle.

There's a pandemic going on if you haven't noticed, and LA is a **** dump right now. Been there recently?
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,720

Post#86 » by TinmanZBoy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:35 pm

Good fit, Celtics will be really good next season
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
Joshyjess
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,932

Post#87 » by Joshyjess » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:49 pm

israelfirst wrote:great pickup for the celtics. what does their current team look like?

Tatum, Brown, Kemba, Smart, Theis, Tristan, Jeff Teague, Robert Williams, Romeo Langford, Grant Williams, Nesmith, Semi Ojeyelo, Javante Green, Tremont Waters, Tacko Fall, Carsen Edwards (I think he's still there?), Pritchard, Yam Madar,
LBC SoCal
Junior
And1: 417

Post#88 » by LBC SoCal » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:58 pm

LarryBirdsFingr wrote:
kenwood3333 wrote:A little surprised, I thought Thompson was going to LA due to his relationship with LeBron/Klutch, as well as for the (Kardashian) lifestyle.

There's a pandemic going on if you haven't noticed, and LA is a **** dump right now. Been there recently?

Lol what a dumb post. Nothing to do with basketball. Let your hate consume you.
11 titles won in LA in the modern era, while y’all living on “success” from 2 generations ago :lol:
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#89 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:11 pm

LBC SoCal wrote:
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:

Lol what a dumb post. Nothing to do with basketball. Let your hate consume you.

Just pointing out that LA isn't the normal LA it used to be, it's less of a factor than you'd think. Let your pride consume you.
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
fart
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

Post#90 » by fart » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:58 pm

Lmao some Celtics fans saying they would rather had Baynes or Dwight over Tristan? Have you guys ever seen Tristan play? He is light years better than most of the trash players being thrown around in this thread. This dude is a huge difference maker in the playoffs and any team should be happy to have him. Celtics have no idea how good of a player they're getting.
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,872

Post#91 » by Curmudgeon » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:05 pm

fart wrote:Lmao some Celtics fans saying they would rather had Baynes or Dwight over Tristan? Have you guys ever seen Tristan play? He is light years better than most of the trash players being thrown around in this thread. This dude is a huge difference maker in the playoffs and any team should be happy to have him. Celtics have no idea how good of a player they're getting.

Yes, but Ainge does. He's certainly better than Myles Turner.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,703

Post#92 » by scrabbarista » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:09 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:Honestly, I would've preferred Baynes, but I'll wait and see how he performs before I judge the signing.

As a Philly fan who wanted Baynes and got Dwight Howard, I have no sympathy.
The man who sleeps on the bed can never fall out of the floor... Winnie the Pooh
scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,703

Post#93 » by scrabbarista » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:10 pm

fart wrote:Lmao some Celtics fans saying they would rather had Baynes or Dwight over Tristan? Have you guys ever seen Tristan play? He is light years better than most of the trash players being thrown around in this thread. This dude is a huge difference maker in the playoffs and any team should be happy to have him. Celtics have no idea how good of a player they're getting.

More importantly, I think TT is a much better fit than those two.
The man who sleeps on the bed can never fall out of the floor... Winnie the Pooh
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,801

Post#94 » by yoyoboy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:12 pm

He’s not the defender he used to be. Still a solid signing though.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#95 » by Stillwater » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:04 pm

scottyno wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
He won’t start. Theis can’t rebound but being able to knock down a jump shot will keep him in the starters role.

paid too much for TT then imo hes been a starter his entire career

He wasn't a starter pretty much the entire time Lebron was in Cleveland

You are confusing Thompson with mozgov and the plethora of other back up centers that cle used through 4 finals runs where TT was the starter .There were a couple short stints he missed some time towards the end but mostly after lbj was gone. Aside from being an elite offensive rebounder he was a lunch pale work ethic machine .
He has dropped off some since those runs being no chance of the post season etc.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,128

Post#96 » by Plutonashfan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:36 pm

BBallFreak wrote:I think this was in direct response to Bam Adebayo. They needed a body to match up to him. TT is that...

If the Celtics are banking on TT to stop Bam they may as well plan their summer vacation plans in early May.
The Champ is HERE!!!
scottyno
Junior
And1: 542

Post#97 » by scottyno » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:08 am

Stillwater wrote:
scottyno wrote:
Stillwater wrote:paid too much for TT then imo hes been a starter his entire career

He wasn't a starter pretty much the entire time Lebron was in Cleveland

You are confusing Thompson with mozgov and the plethora of other back up centers that cle used through 4 finals runs where TT was the starter .There were a couple short stints he missed some time towards the end but mostly after lbj was gone. Aside from being an elite offensive rebounder he was a lunch pale work ethic machine .
He has dropped off some since those runs being no chance of the post season etc.

You know you can look this stuff up right?

The 4 years lebron was in Cleveland he started:

15/82
34/82
78/78
22/53

Mozgov started a much higher percentage of games during that same span
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#98 » by jirrit » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:05 am

76ciology wrote:D12 would have been a better signing

Per 36
TT: 14-12-1
D12: 14-14-2

Maybe numbers wise but no.
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,400

Post#99 » by JellosJigglin » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:25 am

LarryBirdsFingr wrote:

NBA players don't hang out in the same spots as your broke ass.
RIP BASKETBALL REASONS (DEC 8TH 2011 - OCT 11TH 2020)
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#100 » by God Squad » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:47 am

Phreak50 wrote:I don't get the excitement.

Thompson is an absolute klutz.

What's the point having a good rebounder if they do everything else bad?

If they were going for a pure rebounder I'm sure they could have gotten Bismack cheaper. Plus he adds a little bit of defense and shotblocking. Mind you I haven't been keeping up with his career at all lol. Anyway I don't hate this deal, but reading RealGM it seems other teams like it for the Celtics, while some Celtics fans seem to hate it.

Return to The General Board