[SHAMS] Serge Ibaka agrees to deal with Clippers, 2yrs/19mil

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,703

Re: [SHAMS] Serge Ibaka agrees to deal with Clippers, 2yrs/19mil 

Post#261 » by Clay Davis » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:33 pm

Kurtz wrote:
Clay Davis wrote:
lebron stopper wrote:Not a fan of this signing for the Clippers at all, since Ibaka doesn't fill any of their playmaking or defensive needs. He shoots the ball really well for a big man, but that's about it. He can't switch onto the perimeter and gets cooked in the PnR easily, he's too small to defend post-ups from bigger centres, and he's not the shotblocker that he was five years ago. Ibaka is a black hole on offense: he likes to take shots after getting the ball and he reads the floor too slowly, so don't expect him to bail out an already poorly designed Clippers offense, which is basically guys taking turns isolating. Ibaka has a really bad habit of making boneheaded decisions and losing his temper sometimes, and he moves slowly like a statue because he's lost so much athleticism over the years. Did I mention that he has hands of stone too? Nurse did an excellent job masking his numerous weaknesses with the Raptors (a stark reversal of his time under Doofus Casey where he was just atrocious), and Lowry got him a ton of easy points with his excellent playmaking. The Clippers don't have a coach like Nurse, nor do they have a point guard like Lowry, so I expect Ibaka to be worse on the Clippers while not filling any of their needs for them.
You call him a black hole on offense while saying he doesn't do anything other than take spot-up shots or get easy buckets from his point-guard.

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using RealGM mobile app

But that's accurate. Serge doesn't make plays for others - his passing skills are rudimentary and he can't dribble.

It's only accurate if you have a nonsensical notion of what an "offensive black hole" is. Being a spot-up shooter is not being a black hole. You may as well say that every 3nD player is as much of an offensive blackhole as a chucker who wastes 2/3 of the shot-clock in an iso situation to throw up a shot that most likely won't go in.
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
binjumper
Starter
And1: 3,701

Post#262 » by binjumper » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:28 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
binjumper wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
You'll both receive a strike and ban if either of you continues this dialogue. Stop derailing the thread with political talk. Heed this warning seriously.

whoa someone is angry

I'd be frustrated too if I had to moderate people like Johnny Bball (and maybe 50 other Raptors posters) + Clipsfansince98 all day. I'm still waiting for Johnny Bball to tell me good morning. He seems upset at Ballmer+Frank stalking the Raptors players. I'm also waiting on Woj to announce a Lowry to the Clippers trade. I think Ballmer's paypal account will be active this week.

Hey just cause I quoted someone else doesn't mean I asked for your opinion on the matter. Not sure why you decided to go after a fanbase just now. MODS!
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#263 » by sule » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:37 pm

binjumper wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
binjumper wrote:
whoa someone is angry

I'd be frustrated too if I had to moderate people like Johnny Bball (and maybe 50 other Raptors posters) + Clipsfansince98 all day. I'm still waiting for Johnny Bball to tell me good morning. He seems upset at Ballmer+Frank stalking the Raptors players. I'm also waiting on Woj to announce a Lowry to the Clippers trade. I think Ballmer's paypal account will be active this week.

Hey just cause I quoted someone else doesn't mean I asked for your opinion on the matter. Not sure why you decided to go after a fanbase just now. MODS!

Getting And1's for posts on RealGM is the closest the Clippers fans will get to a championship :lol:
bamheat
Senior
And1: 1,152

Post#264 » by bamheat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:39 pm

Lmao that's the Clippers big move? Serge Ibaka? Yikes
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,256

Post#265 » by og15 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:41 pm

bamheat wrote:Lmao that's the Clippers big move? Serge Ibaka? Yikes

What were you expecting with the MLE?
bamheat
Senior
And1: 1,152

Post#266 » by bamheat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:44 pm

og15 wrote:

They lost their 6th man of the year and replaced him with Serge. Same price too.

Thats embarrassing
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,054

Post#267 » by bstein14 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:44 pm

Serge is really solid, adding him and Kennard really helps with the floor spacing with all that ISO ball they run. I think the Clippers are now #2 team in the league when it comes to winning a championship next year, behind only the LAL.
Meeksology
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,595

Post#268 » by Meeksology » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:44 pm

I'm betting he beats the **** outta Beverley and/or Morris within the first 15 games

Sent from my SM-N950W using RealGM mobile app
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,046

Post#269 » by DonaldSanders » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:49 pm

bamheat wrote:
og15 wrote:

They lost their 6th man of the year and replaced him with Serge. Same price too.

Thats embarrassing

Not really, against the team they lost to in the playoffs Ibaka >>>> Montrezz Turnstile
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,445

Post#270 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:50 pm

bamheat wrote:
og15 wrote:

Thats embarrassing

For who?

I'm pretty sure the Clippers would rather have Ibaka than Harrell. Wouldn't you?
Chronz
Starter
And1: 467

Post#271 » by Chronz » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:56 pm

bamheat wrote:
og15 wrote:

Thats embarrassing

So they lost a bench player that was hard to fit with the starters and gained a better fit who can start for them...... Im not seeing the lol
gorz
Sixth Man
And1: 1,603

Post#272 » by gorz » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:09 pm

Metallikid wrote:I don't understand. He loved being here and he signed for way under what I think anyone expected him to sign for. We had the space to re-sign him and with Marc likely leaving we needed a big anyways.

Really disappointing...

Probably because he wants to compete for a championship which he can't do with Toronto.
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#273 » by Metallikid » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:15 pm

gorz wrote:
Metallikid wrote:I don't understand. He loved being here and he signed for way under what I think anyone expected him to sign for. We had the space to re-sign him and with Marc likely leaving we needed a big anyways.

Really disappointing...

Probably because he wants to compete for a championship which he can't do with Toronto.

Usually you don't keep ring chasing after you win one when you're a roleplayer, especially when you're a fan favourite and have always shown a lot of love to the team.
Chronz
Starter
And1: 467

Post#274 » by Chronz » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:40 pm

Metallikid wrote:
gorz wrote:

Really disappointing...

Usually you don't keep ring chasing after you win one when you're a roleplayer, especially when you're a fan favourite and have always shown a lot of love to the team.

I think his mindset was just about lifestyle, hes had many stops. He was on a contending team for years with OKC, he chased paper with the Orlando signing and won a chip with Tdot. Now he just wants to live his fashionable lifestyle in Hollyweird.
Rhythm043
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Post#275 » by Rhythm043 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:25 pm

gorz wrote:

Really disappointing...

Clips couldnt compete for one last season either. They flopped out hard.
On Gerald Henderson vs Derozan:
"Yes. Hendo is quite a bit better than DeMar.
So yes, I do believe he's currently the better player and do project that will continue to be in the future. I would also take Turner over DD."
--Throwback24,Jan 2014
Anticon
General Manager
And1: 4,941

Post#276 » by Anticon » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:04 am

Apparently the Raps only offered 12 million for one year. I had thought they'd offer closer to 18 and let Gasol walk.

So not surprising he took a bit less for the chance to play in LA on a contender.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,256

Post#277 » by og15 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:52 am

bamheat wrote:
og15 wrote:

Thats embarrassing

What is the 6th man of the year award? It's basically the "one of the highest PPG off the bench" award. That's not to put down Harrell, solid player, efficient producer, but citing 6th man of the year means little to nothing. If the Clippers last season had lost 6th man of the year Lou Williams and replaced him with Ricky Rubio, who has no NBA awards to his name, it's not a loss. If the Clippers had lost yearly 6th man of the year winner Jamal Crawford in the 2014 off-season and picked up Trevor Ariza, it's not a loss. The award doesn't have any correlation to team playoff performance or to a player being better than another who didn't win it. It's a nice award that meant there was opportunity for minutes and a scoring role for a bench player.
radeonboy
Analyst
And1: 3,704

Re: [SHAMS] Serge Ibaka to Clippers.... 

Post#278 » by radeonboy » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:56 am

coopboii wrote:He's back with fun guy

what it do babyyyyy!!
radeonboy
Analyst
And1: 3,704

Post#279 » by radeonboy » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:59 am

Chronz wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
gorz wrote:

I think his mindset was just about lifestyle, hes had many stops. He was on a contending team for years with OKC, he chased paper with the Orlando signing and won a chip with Tdot. Now he just wants to live his fashionable lifestyle in Hollyweird.

Don't forget in LA Serge can make his HOW HUNGRY ARE YOU? show even larger...
Arrow
Sophomore
And1: 226

Post#280 » by Arrow » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:45 pm

The real reason Ibaka chose the Clippers. That ball spin to 3 pointer disrespect. :lol:

Return to The General Board