What kind of contract will Frank Ntilikina get?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Re: What kind of contract will Frank Ntilikina get? 

Post#21 » by NoZoLakers » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:37 pm

he cant supplant Payton who is your run of the mill backup Pg....he'll probably not even get an extended qualifying offer if he doesnt show substantial growth this season
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,862

Post#22 » by TheSuzerain » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:38 pm

3/24. Delon Wright type deal.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#23 » by The_Hater » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:39 pm

Roy The Natural wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
OrangeBlueSkies wrote:I mean are all these guys worth that much ? How many are considerably better thank Frank? White OG and possibly fultz.

Isaac got the most money and he’s hardly been healthy... ever

OG got 4/72
White 4/73
Fultz 3/50
Issac 4/80
Kennard 4/56

Are you under the impression that Frank is as good as anyone on this list or something? Isaac is getting paid because he showed signs of two-way stardom before he got hurt. He would have been looking at the max had have stayed healthy last season.

Frank almost certainly isn’t getting extended by the Knicks and will probably sign a 1 year deal for close to the minimum next summer unless he shows another level or 2 thst we haven’t seen yet.

I really, really like Isaac. I think the idea that he's looking like a 2-way star is a bit much though. He looks like a defensive star who's a role-player on offense. The guy has score 20+ points 5 times in 136 career games. He could be a really good player, but I don't really see a star on the offensive end.

This is probably true, but I think he had enough offensive upside that he could have been a lot more than he’s shown. And he had certainly shown a lot more than Frank had offensively to this point.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#24 » by Roy The Natural » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:41 pm

The_Hater wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
Are you under the impression that Frank is as good as anyone on this list or something? Isaac is getting paid because he showed signs of two-way stardom before he got hurt. He would have been looking at the max had have stayed healthy last season.

Frank almost certainly isn’t getting extended by the Knicks and will probably sign a 1 year deal for close to the minimum next summer unless he shows another level or 2 thst we haven’t seen yet.

I really, really like Isaac. I think the idea that he's looking like a 2-way star is a bit much though. He looks like a defensive star who's a role-player on offense. The guy has score 20+ points 5 times in 136 career games. He could be a really good player, but I don't really see a star on the offensive end.

This is probably true, but I think he had enough offensive upside that he could have been a lot more than he’s shown. And he had certainly shown a lot more than Frank had offensively to this point.

Absolutely... but Frank is basically like a not as good Elfrid Payton, these players are not in the same stratosphere when it comes to what they've shown. I was just pushing back a little bit on the idea that Isaac looks like a 2-way star.
Riko
Rookie
And1: 688

Post#25 » by Riko » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:42 pm

UcanUwill wrote:I am still not sure he is NBA caliber player, I mean I rather have Hartenstein and he got minimum.

He got the minimun because he choose to play for Denver that gives him a lot of minutes as a backup for the Jokic (the only center in the roster). Pretty sure he had better offer around the league but not the same playing time, so I wuoldn't be shocked if he opt out after a good season a sign a way bigger contract.
Kingdibs19
Starter
And1: 3,615

Post#26 » by Kingdibs19 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:25 pm

I’ll always remember Frank for this moment
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#27 » by Apz » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:27 pm

Is it this summer he becomes rfa? If so I guess mavs throws him a contract. If it is someone that can unlock his potential, its the guard whisperer. Also the team that raised DJs ft% like 30% in 3 months can probably unlock a not broken shot too. If he wasnt rfa he should accept the minmum to go play for mavs, could very well be the salvation of his nba career. Thibk mavs throws a 3/21m with a to on last year if possible and sees if knicks bites.
A luka, frank, jrich, kleber ,kp defense is kinda scary
Bologna Smasher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,182

Post#28 » by Bologna Smasher » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:30 pm

Similar contract to what Kris Dunn got. Only see him getting more if there is a team that's really in love with him.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,787

Post#29 » by Zeno » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:36 pm

He's got a 2 years 8 million, 2nd draft type vibe to him. Some team will assume it's the Knicks fault he hasn't performed. It's not a horrible assumption.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,797

Post#30 » by UcanUwill » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:36 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:3/24. Delon Wright type deal.

You give Frank 8 million per year are you crazy? And people make jokes when I bring the fact NBA teams should sign Mike James and stuff. Like how are you guys comfortable giving such money to no impact players like Frank, but shut down any Euroleague vet, I dont get it, I bet Frank would be at best average player in Europe if you put him there right now if even that.

Its crazy, NBA gives so much money to these busts, that they can in few years buy an Euro team where they wouldnt even be best players :lol:
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#31 » by NoZoLakers » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:40 pm

Apz wrote:Is it this summer he becomes rfa? If so I guess mavs throws him a contract. If it is someone that can unlock his potential, its the guard whisperer. Also the team that raised DJs ft% like 30% in 3 months can probably unlock a not broken shot too. If he wasnt rfa he should accept the minmum to go play for mavs, could very well be the salvation of his nba career. Thibk mavs throws a 3/21m with a to on last year if possible and sees if knicks bites.
A luka, frank, jrich, kleber ,kp defense is kinda scary

like Roddy Roddy B? where is he these days
_qubik
Starter
And1: 1,336

Post#32 » by _qubik » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:49 pm

Similar to Kris Dunns contract
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#33 » by celticfan42487 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:50 pm

Probably a Euroleague one.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,009

Post#34 » by Pharmcat » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:55 pm

he belongs in g league
Some smartguy
Junior
And1: 213

Post#35 » by Some smartguy » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:06 pm

Nothing but the 5-year MAX
Ice Trae
RealGM
And1: 10,940

Post#36 » by Ice Trae » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:13 pm

5 mill per. Duration wise I'll say 3 years with the third being non guaranteed
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#37 » by Indomitable » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:26 pm

OrangeBlueSkies wrote:I mean are all these guys worth that much ? How many are considerably better thank Frank? White OG and possibly fultz.

OG got 4/72
White 4/73
Fultz 3/50
Issac 4/80
Kennard 4/56

League minimum
:banghead:
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,098

Post#38 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:31 pm

The_Hater wrote:

OG got 4/72
White 4/73
Fultz 3/50
Issac 4/80
Kennard 4/56

Frank is an elite on ball defender.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#39 » by The_Hater » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:41 pm

OrangeBlueSkies wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

OG got 4/72
White 4/73
Fultz 3/50
Issac 4/80
Kennard 4/56

Frank is an elite on ball defender.

So is Michael Kidd Gilchrist and the Knicks cut him yesterday.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#40 » by DarkXaero » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:45 pm

Kris Dunn got 2 years/$10 mill and he's a better player than Ntilikina.

Return to The General Board