Haberstroh says "Good luck getting players/coaches fully on board with [vaccines]"

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Re: Haberstroh says 

Post#201 » by SF_Warriors » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:05 pm

peZt wrote:
SF_Warriors wrote:
jg77 wrote:
Is every reported covid death from covid or is it something else that killed them? Because if it's the latter, misinformation like that is why people are skeptical over this pandemic. Just playing devil's advocate here

The US saw 334,000 more deaths in 2020 than in 2019 and had the highest death rate per 1,000 people since 1949...So even if some deaths had multiple contributing factors..something came about that killed hundreds of thousands of people more than the previous year. Its not a coincidence. Link and excerpt from the article is below.

https://usafacts.org/articles/preliminary-us-death-statistics-more-deaths-in-2020-than-2019-coronavirus-age-flu/

According to preliminary weekly data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) (as of January 6, 2021), 3,187,086 people died from all causes between January 1 and December 26, 2020. While this data is preliminary and is incomplete for at least the last eight weeks of reported data, it provides for useful context.

According to the same estimates, 2,852,609 people died in 2019, meaning at least 334,000 more people have died so far in 2020 than 2019, despite missing or incomplete data for October through December. Using the recent estimate of the 2020 population from the Census Bureau, the death rate so far in 2020 would be 9.7 deaths per 1,000, the highest death rate since 1949. However, the recent population estimate does not incorporate the results of the 2020 Census, which should improve the accuracy of the estimate.

Add to that that during multiple lockdowns you would naturally have fewer deaths. Fewer traffic accidents, fewer flu victims, fewer work accidents etc. So you would think that the death tolls would be lower than in a year with no lockdown. The fact that they are higher by 300 thousand, similiar to the number of corona deaths, shows clearly that people die from Corona and not with.

Same situation in Germany, more deaths than ever, despite multiple lockdowns. And the december death toll isn't even included yet, which saw the highest corona deaths in Germany in 2020

I'm gonna be completely honest, I was one of those guys who were questioning wether the official corona death tolls were exaggerated. But any doubts should be cleared by now

Yea, I wanted to see the number of excess deaths for the year myself..and its obvious something is killing alot of people. Im sure suicides/overdoses caused from lockdowns and economic fallout, and less hospital capacity stemming from covid patients needing care contributed quite a bit as well. Even those dying due to lack of hospital capacity should be an argument for why covid is so deadly. Even if people arent directly dying from covid, they are still in need of medical attention and taking up the limited resources healthcare already has.

300,000+ is a damning number either way, and one where only a complete moron would disregard.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,360

Re: Haberstroh says "Good luck getting players/coaches fully on board with [vaccines]" 

Post#202 » by MadDogSHWA » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:06 pm

JayMKE wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:
JayMKE wrote:If you’re not part of the risk groups you don’t need to worry about the vaccine, it doesn’t stop you from getting

The Moderna vaccine is 94.1% effective. What do you think that number refers to?

Not transmission

Ok so you're not able to answer my question. I'm happy to answer it for you.

The number of 94.1 means you have a 5.9% change of getting the virus.

This is how we achieve herd immunity. We get enough people vaccinated so that they have a small chance of getting the virus. If you don't' get it you can't spread it.
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,584

Re: Haberstroh says "Good luck getting players/coaches fully on board with [vaccines]" 

Post#203 » by JayMKE » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:11 pm

MadDogSHWA wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:
The Moderna vaccine is 94.1% effective. What do you think that number refers to?

Not transmission

This is how we achieve herd immunity. We get enough people vaccinated so that they have a small chance of getting the virus. If you don't' get it you can't spread it.

Provide source that says it prevents transmissions, it doesn’t. This is why they say you still have to wear a mask and social distance, the vaccine stops you from experiencing symptoms of the virus not from transmitting it. Unless you were worried about the symptoms beforehand then the vaccine won’t do you any good. There is never going to be a herd immunity to this type of virus, it mutates way to fast.
FREE GIANNIS
Sharkboy242
Veteran
And1: 3,813

Post#204 » by Sharkboy242 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:15 pm

JayMKE wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:
JayMKE wrote:Not transmission

Provide source that says it prevents transmissions, it doesn’t.

Cant tell if you’re this dumb or just being purposefully obtuse.

Strike 2, personal attack.
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,986

Post#205 » by Ducklett » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:16 pm

JayMKE wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:

NPR suggests that science doesn't know if it actually stops spread.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/01/12/956051995/why-you-should-still-wear-a-mask-and-avoid-crowds-after-getting-the-covid-19-vac?utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nprnews&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR1wnlUPgtwj16HVveQbyAIbVdjUI04ghcKtBsFezYrbtCIMKpmJZ3F41iU

"Can I spread the virus to others even if I'm fully vaccinated?

This is an important question, but scientists studying the shots' effectiveness don't have an answer yet. And for public health experts, that lack of knowledge means you should act like the answer is yes."
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#206 » by JayMKE » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:18 pm

Sharkboy242 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:

You guys should actually read the science not the politicking and corporate cheerleading. This is not a real vaccine, this isn’t going to end covid.
FREE GIANNIS
MadDogSHWA
General Manager

Post#207 » by MadDogSHWA » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:34 pm

JayMKE wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:

The number of 94.1 means you have a 5.9% chance of getting the virus.

Provide source that says it prevents transmissions, it doesn’t. This is why they say you still have to wear a mask and social distance, the vaccine stops you from experiencing symptoms of the virus not from transmitting it. Unless you were worried about the symptoms beforehand then the vaccine won’t do you any good. There is never going to be a herd immunity to this type of virus, it mutates way to fast.

Show me where I said it prevents transmission. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you don't' get it you can't spread it. The vaccine prevents you from getting it.

JayMKE wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:

In November there were already 1200 mutations. Lucikly there have been very few changes to the spike protein so thus far none of these vaccines have been rendered useless. It could happen in theory but there is a large body of data already showing that it hasn't happened yet.

The number 1 driver of mutations is human hosts. Now that we're vaccinating people that will slow down.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager

Post#208 » by MadDogSHWA » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:36 pm

Sharkboy242 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:

The dude can't even read my posts how would he ever read actual science. This is why our world is so bloody clueless when it comes to anything science-based. Yet the dunning-kruger effect has these people thinking they have an operating understanding of these things.

Warned for personal attack.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager

Post#209 » by MadDogSHWA » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:37 pm

JayMKE wrote:
Sharkboy242 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:

You guys should actually read the science

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GOLD
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#210 » by JayMKE » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:39 pm

MadDogSHWA wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:

Show me where I said it prevents transmission. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you don't' get it you can't spread it. The vaccine prevents you from getting it.

JayMKE wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:

In November there were already 1200 mutations. Lucikly there have been very few changes to the spike protein so thus far none of these vaccines have been rendered useless. It could happen in theory but there is a large body of data already showing that it hasn't happened yet.

The number 1 driver of mutations is human hosts. Now that we're vaccinating people that will slow down.

It doesn’t prevent you from transmitting the virus, it stops you from becoming ill with the virus. You can still catch and spread it, you just have a smaller chance of severe infection. Read the science please.
FREE GIANNIS
halifax
Pro Prospect
And1: 370

Post#211 » by halifax » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:40 pm

dribble1614 wrote:i got vaccinated as did many of my coworkers and family members/friends. all did fine. zero issues with dose 1 and very mild, self-resolving symptoms (improved with tylenol and fluids) after dose 2.

anti-vaxxers are unintelligent people.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/fb-8214619/WHAT-CYTOKINE-STORM-KILLING-COVID-19-PATIENTS.html – cytokine storm = priming the vaccine makes it more deadly pushes it deeper into cells of the body. contains polyethylene glycol a chemical that 75% of Americans have an allergy to.

underlying issues are uncovered with some people. long term studies have yet to be done so those 'self-resolving symptoms' might not be as harmless as you suspect.
russian roulette isn't for everyone.
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,537

Post#212 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:41 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
pingpongrac wrote:
Kilroy wrote:My wife was just showing me the VAERS (https://vaers.hhs.gov/) numbers for the vaccine...
12 people died from the vaccine in December. Those are just the people who filed a complaint with VAERS... So only the people who died had a complaint filed. There were a lot more adverse reactions than that. One doctor described being saved by an Epi-pen...
The media has incorrect data according to the government.

I would think the NBA should really look at the data before promoting anything, especially any kind of medical procedure, where an actual side effect is death.

Was the cause of death actually the vaccine or did 12 people that took the vaccine die in December? Because if it's the former, misinformation like that is why this pandemic has been increasingly difficult to manage.

Your point is valid, but it would be more reason not to take the vaccine. That the death numbers are highly exaggerated. Meanwhile the case numbers are way under reality. Meaning the death % is extremely minimal. Especially for anyone under 80.

I mean, that's fine, as long as people never plan to visit anyone over the age of 80 ever again.

Vaccines aren't 100% effective. They work by generating enough effectiveness over the general population that the virus cannot spread (this is that ~80% threshold for herd immunity that Trump suggested attaining by just infecting everyone rather than using a vaccine).

If you only want to give the vaccine to people who are at highest risk, then the virus will continue to spread, and those who are vaccinated, but at high risk, should still practice social distancing, given that the vaccine they've taken isn't 100% effective.

Which means, you might as well not even bother with a vaccine, and just continue keeping everyone at high risk locked up (which is a lot of the country anyway, since, aside from old people, obesity and diabetes are big issues, and as black men, most of the league probably has a number of family members at high risk, just like KAT).

So yeah, basically you're comment is dumb.
Sharkboy242
Veteran
And1: 3,813

Post#213 » by Sharkboy242 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:42 pm

JayMKE wrote:
Sharkboy242 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:

You guys should actually read the science not the politicking and corporate cheerleading. This is not a real vaccine, this isn’t going to end covid.

Yeah because the average person has the ability to comprehend scientific literature.

People who say do your own research really just mean find sources that confirm your bias. I never “did research” before hopping on an airplane, I relied upon the work of scientists and engineers. We can’t do our own research on everything, life doesnt work that way. We rely upon the work of experts in all facets of life.
halifax
Pro Prospect

Post#214 » by halifax » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:44 pm

MadDogSHWA wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:

Not transmission

they CAN get it - in that case they are considered ASYMPTOMATIC. which means LESS SHEDDING. they are less likely to pass it on simply because there is less 'shedding'. when the mrna disintigrates after a few weeks can they get covid again ? how many more mutations until everyone gets covid again ? remains to be seen.
halifax
Pro Prospect

Post#215 » by halifax » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:46 pm

dribble1614 wrote:i got vaccinated as did many of my coworkers and family members/friends. all did fine. zero issues with dose 1 and very mild, self-resolving symptoms (improved with tylenol and fluids) after dose 2.

anti-vaxxers are unintelligent people.

https://www.nursingworld.org/news/news-releases/2020/new-survey-of-13k-u.s.-nurses-findings-indicate-urgent-need-to-educate-nurses-about-covid-19-vaccines/

most nurses are unintelligent people eh
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Post#216 » by Scalabrine » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:48 pm

pingpongrac wrote:
Kilroy wrote:My wife was just showing me the VAERS (https://vaers.hhs.gov/) numbers for the vaccine...
12 people died from the vaccine in December. Those are just the people who filed a complaint with VAERS... So only the people who died had a complaint filed. There were a lot more adverse reactions than that. One doctor described being saved by an Epi-pen...
The media has incorrect data according to the government.

I would think the NBA should really look at the data before promoting anything, especially any kind of medical procedure, where an actual side effect is death.

Was the cause of death actually the vaccine or did 12 people that took the vaccine die in December? Because if it's the former, misinformation like that is why this pandemic has been increasingly difficult to manage.

Dont you mean the latter?
Go Knicks!
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#217 » by JayMKE » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:49 pm

Sharkboy242 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
Sharkboy242 wrote:Cant tell if you’re this dumb or just being purposefully obtuse.

Yeah because the average person has the ability to comprehend scientific literature.

People who say do your own research really just mean find sources that confirm your bias. I never “did research” before hopping on an airplane, I relied upon the work of scientists and engineers. We can’t do our own research on everything, life doesnt work that way.
Just read or listen to what they’re saying then even, I’m not asking you to listen to Alex Jones or some ****. Its not going to stop you from transmitting or catching the virus rather from symptoms from a severe infection which the vast majority of people don’t experience or have to worry about anyways. Most covid infections are very mild or asymptomatic which is part of how it spreads so easily, you don’t even know you’re infected. Don’t buy into false hope or corporate bootlicking.
FREE GIANNIS
sllubwoc
Sophomore
And1: 135

Post#218 » by sllubwoc » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:51 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Kilroy wrote:My thing is this though... I think by all accounts, professional athletes are one of the least 'at-risk' demographics for dying from Covid... Why have them be the face of the Covid 19 vaccine? Why mandate it for that group in particular?

Because the works is full of conspiracy theory idiots (such as the plenty we’ve seen in this thread) and seeing high profile people get the vaccine assists with convincing people to also get the shot.

We had idiots oppose the Polio vaccine and Elvis got his live on television which significantly helped convince people to get it.

Humans don’t learn from history apparently, and we have a bunch of keyboard Warriors here trying to tell us the vaccine isn’t safe when we have thousands of people who have gone to school to research, test, and implement these types of things telling us it’s fine. I wonder who I should believe?

IMO the vaccine is a choice - however, if yoy don’t want it then you aren’t allowed to be a normal part of society. I don’t want to work beside someone who isn’t vaccinated. I don’t want my kids sitting next to unvaccinated kids at school.

If this vaccine doesn’t grant us heed immunity because some tin foil hats **** don’t get it because they’re reading misinformation or misinterpreting good information then I’ll be **** pissed. Selfish as ****.

This makes no sense to me. If your vaccinated you can't get it. If your not then you can get it. So let me explain this. Holy You is sitting by unholy steve in the break room. Unholy Steve is eating a turkey sandwich, holy you is eating a prime rib sandwich. Unholy Steve didn't get vaccinated. Holy you did. Unholy Steve gets sick. UNholy Steve brings it to work, holy you is vaccinated. Holy you gets to watch unholy Steve die on the break room floor as you and the rest of holy's point and laugh. End of story.

Question 1
Why did holy you get mad that holy Steve didn't get the vaccine?
1)because he was woke
2)because his overlords told them Steve was unholy and needed to obey orders
3)No idea whatsoever, Steve's death was on him and him only and unholy you gets to continue on with life.
4)Holy you just liked bossing people around

Return to The General Board